Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Rotors91 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:01 pm

Razor nodded in agreement.

"I hear that! And I'm all for any training I can get here. Gotta get better at what I do. And," he jabbed a thumb in Angus' direction, "Gotta get this guy back for smashing me under them hot buns of his. I may have some rock hard abs, but they weren't ready for that kind of collision, if you know what I mean."

Razor chuckled a little, "Well, I was talkin' to Angus 'bout plannin' a double date, since you and Keir were just 'dancing' away out there. He tooootally agreed with me." He laughed some more, having found the Commander's comment pretty hilarious. "I kid...mostly. To be honest, we're just standing here talking and waiting to watch some more sparring matches, or until Commander Tigermark organizes something else."

He looked over at the tent where the R&D recruits had gone, "I won't lie, I'm pretty curious as to what's goin' on in there...it'll probably all go over my head, but it beats standin' around, ya know?"
Rotors91

View user profile http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Tigermark took a look at the time and wondered how long Darius and Recruit Sunday would be gone. Deciding to use the time well, he called the military recruits to assemble.

"Military Recruits! Assemble in close in the training ring. I'm going to give you some training on the stun lance.'

Once they had gathered, he had them sit as he picked a training lance up from the rack.

"This, as I said earlier, is a Mark IV Stun Lance. It is one meter long from the base of the grip to the contact points. It is powered by a rechargeable battery pack that is designed to be quickly changed. The battery pack carries a nickname of a 'clip.' Normal carry load is one clip in the lance, and three more on the belt carrier you will be issued along with it. Each clip is good for up to five hits."

"THIS," the commander emphasized, "is not a toy. The shock delivered here in training is relatively mild. At full charge, it is designed to temporarily paralyze and incapacitate the enemy. It is non-lethal in MOST situations. However, I noticed that when you were sparring just now, everyone was trying to hit and poke like this was a sword. You only have to make contact with the tips, or frame an appendage between them to deliver a charge. Believe me, a full charge will knock anything short of a whale flat on its tail."
Tigermark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Angus sat down and listened attentively. He winced a bit as the commander described the power of the lance.
tobi3B

View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:47 pm

Lining up with the other recruits, Razor listened to Commander Tigermark detail the specific of the stun lances. A weapon that depending upon electricity was both good and bad in his case. Good, in that his natural ability to sense electrical currents would be of great use to him. Bad, in that if he was shocked with one of those things with a high a enough voltage...his senses could get turned upside down and sideways for a while. He'd make a point to avoid getting hit with it as best he could.

If could almost knock a whale flat at full capacity, Razor feared what it could do to him.

"Commander Tigermark, I got a question!" He wasn't sure if he should have raised his hand or something, but seeing as this was training camp and not preschool, he figured speaking out would do him just fine. "I ain't exactly the best when it come to fightin' wit weapons that aren't my hands n' feet, as you could probably see. Could we get some examples of proper technique with these things, sir?".

Tigermark's explanation was probably good enough for some, but he, personally, was a visual learner. Razor could easily carry out techniques that he was shown at least one time and he was eager to see what kind of attacks and defenses the commander had up his sleeve.
Rotors91

View user profile http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:04 pm

Keir turned as the Commander called together a meeting. "Maybe we'll catch up later?" he said to the arctic fox. "This is probably important."

As he sat and listened to Tigermark describe the lance, he was amazed at how intriguing the item was. And when Tigermark told the recruits it could take down just about everything but maybe a whale, Keir was stunned. Considering how much it hurt at it's current setting, the only thing he could think about if it was higher was of him losing all of his fur and having a nasty scar ...

He winced at the thought and brought his mind back to the discussion to hear the leopard shark ask about visual demonstrations. Keir had a basic idea as to how to use it, but learning a few new tricks would be nice. He pushed thoughts of drinks and meeting up with Angus, Razor, and Eddie to the back of his mind as listened with intensity, settling his wide brimmed hat on his head and adjusting his ears sticking out of it.
KeirStryker95

View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:43 pm

Alec kept his head turned to keep an eye on Socks as she explained herself. Niko also strained a bit to look at Socks over Lukas's head. Thankfully, Lukas drooped his head down as he worked, letting Niko look over at her.

"Wow, that's pretty good, Socks!" Niko said. "We're designing this dream monitor for psychological use. It was Alec's ideal, but we all like dreaming a lot."

"We keep diaries and everything!" Alec said.

"Does this look done to either of you?" Lukas asks, putting his pencil down. He gives Socks a token glance as his brothers turn to look at the finished plan. It looked like a fairly polished drawing of the device and a bullet-point list of features and remaining issues.

"Nothing about the medicine to induce lucid dreaming?" Alec asks. "Will it even work without that?"

"I made note of that," Lukas said, pointing to the spot on the list. "I believe we're ready to present our proposal. Agreed?"

His brothers took another look at the plan, then nodded.
Solitair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Stewart on Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:42 am

Gu Jiao awoke in the wee hours of the morning, before most of the recruits where up. His sleep had been pleasant, and he hadn't been nervous, at least during his sleep. Taking off his night time robes, he put on his very snug uniform, and pulled out one of his books. Walking out outside while the sun slowly rose, painting the sky in colors of crimson and pink. As Jiao walked out among the tents in the camp, listening to the occasional bird, and the small sigh of the wind through the trees. He reflected on the previous day, which had mostly been a lot of waiting, much to his displeasure, but he didn't mind, it was only the first day. After walking out to a small area by the jungle, where there was a small distance between him and the camp. He sat down and read for several hours.

After finishing his book, which was already two thirds complete previously. Jiao walked around and inspected the camp to it's fullest degree, and made note of all areas of importance. After doing this he went back to his tent, and retrieved the tea he had gotten from Sunny the day prior. He went to the mess hall, keeping to himself mostly. He had a small breakfast, while drinking Sunny's tea. To say the least he found it quite delicious, and he would have to visit her again so as to get some more. Finishing his meal, he slowly walked to the central area where the recruits where supposed to gather, and stood there. Until eventually, Darius called them all together. Upon hearing that he was to report to the four legged one, Bane and her two legged counterpart Doctor Greymyst. He quickly made his way to to them, and waited for their orders. Keeping his stance tall, strong, proud and dignified. He waited as the other recruits assembled around him, and were then eventually called together by Bane. She then directed them to go and create, as if it where.

Jiao sighed slightly, he was no mechanic, nor an expert in how electricity or technology worked essentially. He understood the basics of these things, as someone of his knowledge should, but he was not advanced in this aspect. Despite that however, he figured something would need to be accomplished, so he would brainstorm ideas for as many useful devices as he possibly could, even though he had no clue how to make them, though he could at least make the basics needed to make them work.

Quickly, the Leopard walked over to several of the pieces of paper in the room, gathered them, and sat down next to the conjoined triplets, noting that he would love to talk to them, he decided he would after he had all his ideas out of his head. He began writing down all of his ideas for a device or devices as quickly as he could.

• Tea Maker

• Device that channels brainwaves to lift and move objects (Devices effectiveness upon user's mental power). (Name: Telekinetic transmitter? Telekinetic brainwave amplifier? The force? .... (Insert something clever)

• The secondary immune system: a robotic immune system (Or secondary immune system) (How it works: using tiny microscopic robots, this can be used to combat viruses by vaporizing them, and also become more effective at fighting less dangerous colds etc (Note: would be highly effective against STD's, especially the AIDS virus.)
    -_Note!_- This device has a high probability of malfunction, if the robotic AI is hacked or tampered with, or malfunctions, the secondary immune system could very well KILL the person, I suggest testing on non sapient creatures first.

• A stasis field for use of preservation (Note: This would require a sort of time manipulation field, this would be difficult to implement, due to the complexities of time manipulation. Thus, this should not be highly researched, rather researched as a secondary objective, if there is a probable means of achieving it.)

• Telepathy Sensor: Essentially reads brainwaves, consider it a long distance truth detector, except more advanced, since it will be able to read more emotions than just if someone is lying or not.

• Sleep device: A device that essentially could replace sleep, due to it's rather annoying time consumation, removing sleep could help us be more efficient, however, we  would need to replace what sleep does for our bodies, and have something put in place to do the job sleep does for us, we are simply awake.

• Knockout ray: A device that will force an individual into a perpetual state of sleep, this device would essentially switch the brain into sleep mode, and have it remain there until they have their brain reactivated. This however could harm the person being knocked out, so we must be careful.

• ** Modification to the secondary immune system: Perhaps turn this into an injected substance? The bots then die shortly thereafter, and are filtered out of the blood stream through urination?

Jiao tapped his pencil as he thought. These where all things he would find particularly useful, so he decided to sketch out some basic mechanics for how these things worked. Or how to make them seem plausible, since they where all rather far fetched, as he thought at least.
Ezra Stewart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:08 am

Tigermark smiled. Good, they were paying attention.

"Yes.I'd be glad to. And don't worry, the charge is non-lethal. I do need to tell y'all that before training is over, each of you will have to take a charge. Just like law enforcement out in the world requires an officer to be hit by a tazer before he's qualified to carry and use one, the Overlord wants you to know what it feels like to be hit by one. This is so you don't fear it, and so you don't get carried away using it."

He saw fear in their eyes, and knew that when the time came, he'd have to take the first hit. For now, though, he went over and picked up a lance.

"Now, the proper grip is one paw on the handle, and one about half way up the shaft. You'll notice the base of the handle is thicker. This is as a counterbalance and allows you to strike with it without damaging the lance. In the recess in the base is the clip release. it's here to prevent accidentally releasing the clip. The ring at the top of the handle is basically the on-off switch."

Tigermark now released the clip and tucked it into his pocket.

"Recruit Triakis, front and center."

Tigermark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:03 am

Keir visually memorized the layout of the lance, including the clip release mechanism and the location of switches using his photographic memory. The idea of getting hit with it at full blast was not all that appealing to him, but he understood Tigermark's reasoning, having read about it in books and journals before.

When Keir heard the Commander call out the shark's name, he glanced quickly at the shark and wished him luck, not knowing the tiger's skills, much less his history with the military. Keir moved over by Eddie and Angus and whispered, "This will interesting to see pan out, eh?" with a slight chuckle
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:52 am

So he'd be getting shocked regardless? Well that was definitely something he was NOT looking forward to. But, whenever the time came, he'd suck it up, bite the bullet, and such. He really wanted to do well here, and if getting the living daylights buzzed out of him was the way to go, he'd be one of the first in line.

Razor perked up a bit when Tigermark called him to the center of the training ring. He kind of half expected that to happen. Its the squeakiest wheel that gets the oil right?

"Uh, Yes Sir."

Turning towards Keir, he made a face, not having a clue what he'd got his curious self into and walked forward to stand in front of his commanding officer. Standing erect, he tried his best not to look like a scared pup, but not knowing exactly what this guy was capable of did make him a bit leery. And  inadvertently volunteering to be a test dummy could prove a bit painful as it was useful.

He did thank the gods above that the Commander had removed the clip. That would have been even more unpleasant.
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:30 pm

As Socks was chatting with the brothers, she noticed the elder leopard sitting on the other side. Once they got back to chatting with each other, she took a moment to go meet the new face. She wrapped up drafting the part she was working on and approached him. She needed a moment to stretch her legs anyway, and taking a break would let her reapproach her design with fresh eyes.

"Hello! I hadn't seen you around yet, I'm Socks! Well, that's what I go by anyway," she introduced herself with. Not wanting to just read his notes over his shoulder, she asked, "So, what did you come up with?"
Socks the Fox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Darius immediately tried to catch Sunny but thanked that the soft jungle foilage broke her fall, still he was by her side in a moment ignoring the pain his his leg. "Miss Sunday! are you allright?" He breathed a sigh of releif when she got up.

"You're not hurt.. right? I can have medical check you over and...ngh..." He held his thigh with a grunt of pain and slowly stood up. "Come... lets... get out of here, I have another idea for you if you're feeling allright."

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Sunny blinked in surprise at the commander's reaction to her tumble, then smiled appreciatively, "Oh! Yes sir, I'm ok. I may be a little stiff later but I've had worse falls. I broke my arm falling out of an oak tree when I was seven... I'll just need to remember that jungle trees have vines sometimes. That may come in handy later, actually..."

She chuckled softly, but furrowed her brows in concern when he grabbed his thigh. Instinct moved her to the side of the troublesome leg in case he needed her support, "Are you alright, sir? Didn't you have a cane earlier?"

She offered her hand gently, and with an air of uncertainty. She didn't want to offend the officer, but that looked like genuine pain on his face, "Is there anything I can do, sir?"
Merrihop
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:28 am

Tigermark had to stifle a chuckle at the "deer-in-the-headlights" look the leopard shark had as he stood tall and responded. The tiger faced him squarely and managed to smile instead.

"Relax, Recruit, I'm not going to hurt you. You wanted to see technique, and this is the best seat in the house. The rest of you look sharp! In a little while you'll be practicing this, too."

Returning his attention to the shark, he assumed a fighting stance, with the lance handle in his right hand and his left on the shaft, with the points forward.

"You say you prefer unarmed combat. Then throw a punch or a kick. Don't worry, I'm not as old and fragile as you may think."

Tigermark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:43 am

"I'm honored, Sir."

Getting into a ready stance, Razor grinned back. He'd had his butt kicked by plenty of older gentlemen (and ladies), so judging a book by its cover had long been beaten out of him. Literally.

Seeing as this was an example, there was no reason to be fancy about it. Just attack the guy. Sucking in a breath, the shark's right fist rocketed forward, aiming for the middle of the tiger's chest. He kept his body relaxed, not entirely sure what the Commander would do, but he'd said he wouldn't hurt him.
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:46 am

Good, the recruit didn't try anything fancy, just a straightforward attack. The shark was fast, Tigermark would give him that. He rotated to his right, not moving his feet, doing a slip as the punch extended past his left arm. He brought the lance up a slight bit, now well inside the shark's defensive movement area. A light touch of the contact point on the shark's arm was all he was aiming for.

"HOLD! Right there, Recruit. Notice everyone, that I didn't have to move anything but my upper body. The lance gives me the reach to get inside his defense. From here. I could block the punch, strike at his midsection, or rotate the butt of the weapon up into his chin. That's all well and good, but all I did was touch his arm with the end contacts. A very easy, light touch is all that's needed. he would have felt a good jolt from the training charge. A full charge would have either stunned him, or at least made that arm useless for several minutes. Okay Rec, ah, heck with it. Razor, back to the start. Good punch, by the way. When you're ready, go again."
Tigermark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B on Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:05 am

Angus looked facinated and whispered to Keir and the bat "that is interresting.Can´t wait to train probertly. don´t look forward to get shocked with the lance though "
He chuckled slightly.
tobi3B

View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Razor did as commanded, pausing his motion. He listened attentively as Tigermark talked through his technique for evading such a straight forward attack, replaying the motion over  in his head to make sure he understood. His arm actually ached with imaginary pains when he thought of how much damage that could do to just his arm if it'd been on, subconsciously shaking out his right arm when he returned to his starting stance.

When Commander Tigermark forewent calling him by his last name, using his nickname instead, there was a brief moment of surprise on his features. This was quickly replaced by a quirk of his lip, "Thanks, Commander".  He paused briefly before performing his next move, a sharp axe kick aimed for the crook between the tiger's head and shoulder. It was the same attack he'd used to disarm Sunny, but came much faster and harder now that he was able to go all out.
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Stewart on Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Jiao jumped a little bit in his chair. The fox breaking his concentration a tad, but he was almost finished anyways. He turned to face the Fox with a small smile upon his face, hiding what small irritation there was in him.

"Well, I have come up with a telekinetic device, a telepathic device. A secondary immune system, I however am struggling with how to make the devices in the blueprints, I understand how they work. For instance I understand that for the telekinetic device, we would need to somehow connect the device to the brainwaves in the brain, and then when you command it to pick something up, it will exert a force on that object, simply put. The device will read the brainwaves, and then use an electromagnetic force, or some kind of force, and will pick up the item. Really, it's all about channeling the energies."

Jiao explained, he felt his thoughts where jumbled, but he hoped that it would make sense to the fox.
Ezra Stewart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox on Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Socks let out a little "oop" as the leopard reacted to her surprise introduction. She listened to the elder explain his ideas, replying "Neat! I don't know about electromagnetic forces, I think it takes quite a bit of oomph to get them to move an object of any significant size, and then it tends to also affect other things in the area, but then again all I know about things around here is civilian level tech, so maybe the Overlord has something different..."

She pondered it for a moment, then shifted the topic, "I take it you tend to study the body and mind then? What R&D department are you looking to get in to?"
Socks the Fox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:49 am

Tigermark grinned. Razor was going all out now, which is what the tiger had wanted. The kick was lightning fast and very well-aimed. He dropped to one knee and used the lance to block the kick squarely, allowing the shark to return to his stance. As the leg came down, Tigermark brought the lance down, with his forward paw rotating to an overhand grip, whereupon he touched it lightly to the shark's inner thigh.

"HOLD! Excellent kick, Razor. As you can see, the lance is well-made and tough enough to block most any kick or punch. It will also withstand most any club, mace, or edged weapon. It will NOT deflect energy weapons very well. Now, from the duck and block, I was able to place the tips of the lance on Razor's inner thigh. From here, his entire lower half is vulnerable here. I am an officer and a gentleman, and so didn't go for a more obvious target. In actual combat, be neither. Just always, always follow the rule of non-lethality."

Here the tiger grinned, his eyes feral. "But what isn't deadly, usually HURTS!"

He now stood back up, and looked Razor in the eyes. "Next?"
Tigermark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Shard was back in his place at the head of the Base operations recruit line. when he heard TM call out Next. He felt a twinge in his gut and he had one of those Angel devil moments. a little version of himself with a pitchfork and little red horns appeared on his shoulder and said to him, "Go on...volunteer...you know you want too. Show them all what Mom and Dad taught you" of course it was all in his imagination but as he considered volunteering another version of himself appeared on his other shoulder, but this time decked out with wings and a Halo. and the imaginary figure said "Uh uh Shard...you know better then to show off to everyone. Besides he wasn't calling for volunteers from the crowd. Just stay put and be patient."
Shard Loren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:52 am

Razor felt the electric prod block his kick for its intended target, and he was quick to return to his stance. Looking down, he noted just HOW close the weapon was to said "obvious target"...or well "targets" in his case and grimaced at the very thought of getting such a shock down there.

"Uh, point taken, Commander".

Readying himself, the shark narrowed his eyes in thought for his next move. He smirked slightly. Why not do a series of moves? It would be interesting to see how he'd block moves in a sequence, and he was itching to do something a bit more complicated.

Exhaling, Razor took a small step forward, planting his right foot firmly in the dirt. With a sharp movement, the shark perform a tight spin back kick with his left foot aimed for Tigermark's side. As soon as his left foot touched the ground, his right fist shot forward in a sharp jab, aimed for the Commander's throat.
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:35 am

Keir began to get antsy watching the shark and the Commander duke it out in the training session. He noticed his hands twitching, immitating Razor's movements, his body swaying with the tiger's swift dodges and blocks, as if Keir was a part of both members.
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:49 am

Tigermark was watching Razor's eyes as he launched his attack. He noted peripherally the planted right foot, and the tight spin kick was well-executed. The shark's eyes, though, said more was coming.  He turned his upper body a quarter to his left and blocked the kick with the lance. As Razor 's left foot touched down, it brought him in close. The jab, aimed high and at the tiger's throat, would have taken someone less seasoned and trained totally by surprise. As it was, Tigermark leaned back, letting the hit snap to its full extension mere inches from contact. He brought the lance up from its cross-body position to frame the shark's lower arm with the prongs.

"HOLD! Excellent, Razor, excellent. Notice everyone, that if you block, that may not end the attack. Until a stun charge is delivered, never, EVER think your opponent is done. Now, another way the lance works is this: If you frame an opponents limb, it fires its charge across. That will render the limb useless. Also, if you are opposing someone with a metal weapon, say, pipe, sword, spear if it has a metal shaft, and you frame the weapon with the prongs, it will transmit the shock unless the handle is insulated."

Making sure everyone had seen what he was talking about, he looked back at Razor.

"Return. very good, Razor. Just always remember that with the reach these give the wielder, what you know will only partly suffice. Fortunately, most enemies we know don't use these."

"Now, you and the other three get a lance, and remove the clip. I'm going to show you some basic moves with the lance. Then we'll clean and check them, and shelve them for the day. PT's after that, and then lunch. IF Commander Steele and recruit Sunday are back. If not, we'll go and check on them. Up and at 'em!"
Tigermark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top