Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by KeirStryker95 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:02 am

"Yes Commander!" Keir jumped and saluted as Tigermark called out the orders, and in compliance grabbed a shock lance and removed the clip, placing it into the pocket of his uniform. Placing his wide-brimmed hat upon the bench again, Keir stepped into the ring again waiting to be re-assigned a training partner and for further orders.
KeirStryker95

View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:16 am

Angus stood up and stood straight " Yes Sir " He then grabed a lanced and removed the clip how the commander had shown earlier. He looked how best to place it back for later use and then pocket the clip.
He holds the lance and stood at attention for further orders.
tobi3B

View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:42 pm

"Oh! And Commander," Keir jumped up as the thought crossed his mind. "Will I be able to keep my hat once we receive our uniforms on Aukate?" He motioned towrards where his hat lay on the bench, and then turned back to face the tiger.

"And I have yet another question. Will our uniforms colors change/ or will the entire uniform -itself- change once we're assigned to a unit on Aukate?" he requested, looking over the uniform and weapon together. "Apologies for the questions, but I am just curious."
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Razor kept still, absorbing every word the tiger said. As nervous as he had been earlier,  he was glad he was able to receive an up close and personal example how to use this weapon. It'd been a double bonus, seeing as his fellow recruits were able to benefit as well. He didn't know about the others, but he felt he'd learned a lot in such a short span of time.

Wasn't hard to tell the tiger knew his stuff.

When Commander Tigermark released him, he gave a respectful nod and made his way to the lances. Picking one out, his made his way back, removing the clip as he did. He was back in the ring just in time to hear Keir's questions.

"While we here askin' questions...what are PT's? That stand for physical trainin' or am I off?" Probably was a dumb question, but he was never good with acronyms.
Rotors91

View user profile http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Darius flinched. "If you're alright to walk... could you get my cane for me? I have good idea of what to do for your next assignment." He took a deep breath to steady himself and smiled at her. "You remind me a bit of my daughter, she's younger though. Do try to be a bit more careful Miss Sunday?"

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Sunny's eyes blinked rapidly, but then she smiled bashfully, giving the commander a sheepish but appreciative nod, "Yes sir. I'll be careful. I didn't mean to scare you."

She giggled softly, glancing up at the trees, "It should be interesting once I get used to these jungle trees. I think it'll be fun!"

Looking back the way they came, she turned her attention back to the officer and grinned, "I'll go find your cane, no problem! Be back in just a minute, sir!"

And with that, she scampered off and disappeared into the thick jungle undergrowth. It was relatively easy to find the path Darius had taken to follow her progress through the trees. When Sunny spied the broken branch on the ground that had startled her, she paused and took a better look. A few yards back, she spotted the cane lying on the ground. The marten grinned and scurried to snatch it up, before running as quickly as she could manage back the way she had come. She was a little sore from falling out of that last tree, and slowed a bit after the extra work it had taken finding the handkerchief, but she was smiling even as she caught her breath, offering the cane to Commander Steel.
Merrihop
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:40 pm

Tigermark arched an eyebrow at the enthusiastic questions streaming from the wolf.

"Recruit Mahlonne, easy does it. You'll run out of air. You'll be able to keep your hat...with your civilian clothes. The uniform does not include any headgear, unless you require protective headgear to perform your duties. You're allowed it here because we'll spend a majority of the training time outdoors, and the Overlord recognizes the need for protection from the sun. The time you'll spend on duty on Aukate will be mostly indoors in the Citadel. No, the basic color of the uniform is the same. The difference will be in trim and such that denote your area of assignment. As a private in the military, your uniform there will look the same as the basic uniform you're wearing. All this will be gone over when we cover uniforms and their wear."

Now he fixed his gaze on the shark, who'd just rejoined the line.

"Yes Recruit Triakis, PT stands for Physical Training. I know, each of you already does a regimen of your own, but PT together helps make a more cohesive force. It may or may not overtax you at the start, but before long you'll be moving as one. Now, as soon as Recruit Nielson retrieves his lance and joins us, we'll go through some basic movements with the lance."
Tigermark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:52 pm

Keir looked wide-eyed as Tigermark explained about the uniforms and positions and such. And although Keir wouldn't get to wear his hat unless off duty from the sound of it, he was still happy to be able to keep it. He stepped back to allow room for the other recruits to join up and observed Razor's reactions to the Commander's explanation.

Swiveling his head to get a better look at the area they were currently in, Keir wondered where they would be doing their PT when he remembered the group of recruits earlier the day before running around the camp. The thought of running didn't displease him, he just worried that he would be able to keep up with everything. His stamina wasn't the greatest, but Keir would push his body if he needed to to be able to comply with orders or even to just keep pace with the others.
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:13 am

Socks jumped and fell out of the chair she was sitting in with the appearance of an angry-sounding wolf thing behind her. "I'm sorry miss Wolfbane I was just... I'll get back to my own work..." she said as she scurried back over to her own draft board.
Socks the Fox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:47 am

Planting his lance in the the dirt, Razor leaned against it, having just caught the tail end of Tigermark's responses to the dark wolf's questions. His tail swayed slightly when the commander answered his questions about the physical training, and he grew a bit eager to see what it consisted of. He'd seen movies and the like that showed the things that COULD take place, but he wasn't sure how accurate it would be to the real deal.

Well, he'd be seeing for himself soon enough.

His head turned in the direction of the bat, wondering what was  taking him so long to get a lance and get his butt over here. The little amount of effort he'd used during the mock spar with Commander Tigermark had him fit and ready for some more energy expending activity, and Eddie was moving too slow. His irritation at the fact was only manifested in a quiet sigh through his gills and a shift in his stance.

At the mention of Commander Steele and Sunny, Razor turned his attention back to the white tiger...those two sure had been gone for a bit. "Geeze, hope they alright..."
Rotors91

View user profile http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:06 am

He took the cane and slowly walked out of the jungle with her. "Thank you for your help miss Sunday... now.." He finally re-entered the training area and used his cane to nudge one of the sleeping Chimenticores on it's perch. "You there, wake up... tsk.... You're going to help me train miss Sunday." The beast sighed. "Fine... what do I do?" Darius grabbed his ear gently, sheilding his mouth and speaking slow enough what he said couldn't easily be heard. The Chimenticore leaned in and nodded a few times then flew off into the jungle again. "Allright miss sunday, Give Tiger a chance to get into position and then I want you to search for him, he should be on the ground somewhere doing a task I told him to do. You must find him, and observe him without him noticing you and report back to me what he was doing. If you are correct I will use a flare gun to alert him to return."

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:05 am

Sunny walked alongside the commander back to camp, giving him a bright smile in response to his thanks, "You're welcome, sir, sorry for making you drop your cane."

Her eyes followed him as he went to speak to another flying creature, somewhat like the one before. She finally studied his appearance closely and found her mouth slightly ajar from wonder at how curiously built they seemed to be. She gave the Chimenticore a friendly wave as he took off, then turned back to the commander, ear perked to listen. As she realized what she was being instructed to do, she beamed again, excitement bubbling to the surface. So much so that she almost bounced off her feet slightly when she nodded an affirmative, "Yes sir!"

She took a few minutes to pull her ponytail down and re-fasten it, dust the remaining dirt and leaves from her uniform, and generally tidy herself up after her last assignment. After catching her breath and giving her target time to get in position, Sunny nodded at the commander and darted into the jungle in the direction he'd gone.

She took first to the trees, but without the reckless abandon of her last mission. She climbed quietly into the trees and tried to stick to the shadows, keeping her bright fluffy tail close to herself and out of the sunlight. Instead of chasing, she tried to concentrate on stalking quietly through the treetops, hoping to gain a vantage point from above without being seen.

She hadn't had the chance to scent the Chimenticore before he flew away, but just the same, she occasionally took a whiff of the jungle air, hoping for something different. For now, the important thing was to stay hidden and quiet and unnoticed until she found him and saw what he was doing.
Merrihop
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:14 am

Angus nodded to himself as the commander answered Keirs questions. "Good to know " he thought to himself.
Then he nudged Razor in the side
" Hey Razor why didn´t you use these swings against me in our fight. They where good and I couldn´t have sat on you " he whispers to the shark" I´m more a heavy fighter not a fast one you could have beaten me easily"
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:19 pm

The prod from the bear broke Razor from his musings. He shrugged,  giving Angus a half grin.

"I'm askin' myself the same question, man. Wanted to attempt sumthin' fancy and it came back and crushed me some good" He chuckled, "Not that I really minded.

"But in all seriousness,  I guess I'm just not used to fighting with a weapon in hand. I'd rather just...be the weapon? But I'll adapt and kick your butt at a later date, since you're so eager." He nudged the bear back, green eyes glinting mischievously.
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:04 pm

‘Tactile Sensors’. Now, that’s a good book.
Garran scanned the index, searching. Piezoelectric, optic, strain gauges... he then read ‘QTC’. What the hell was that?
‘A Quantum Tunneling Composite sensor is made of materials that change their conductivity while bended. The response is…’
Garran kept reading. That was great! He could weave strings of QTC to create a net on an elastic material. Then, with a few lines of software he could define where pressure was and how much it was simply by measuring resistivity. The information would later be sent to the brain and…

…and…

…and he could feel again. He would finally regain touch. He could feel again his hand, the wind on his skin, the soft sensation of a body and the strength of steel…
Garran sat for a moment, passing a hand on his face, and sighed a bit. Every time he could recall the accident with amazing precision. He was haunted by that memory. The horrible sound of bending metal filled his ears again…

Garran suddenly returned to reality hearing Miss Bane’s harsh growl, and rose his head just in time to see the fox lady returning to her desk embarrassed.
He smiled. Now he remembered her: she was the one with the disassembled pole of the day before!

He searched for a pen and a piece of paper, and noted down briefly:
‘as an addition, QTCs can be used for other purposes than sensors: weaving them in a fabric and using the same system one can create intelligent clothes that analyze the carrier’s movements (being able to transmit information to exoskeletons and machines?); or, if inserted inside walls or on surfaces, signaling folds or structural failure.’
And again: ‘Huge potentiality. Must study more’.
Stretching his wings a bit, Garran closed the book and approached the fox.
“Hi. I hope I didn’t cause you too much trouble yesterday.” He felt a bit embarrassed. “We didn’t introduce ourselves. My name’s Garran”
TheSphinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:51 pm

Angus chuckled as he sees the glint in Razor eyes.
"Such things are for later and in private Sharky but yeah I understand what you mean, be the weapon ." he holds one paw up with his sharp claws " these saved me a few times."
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:59 pm

"Oh yeah, I bet they have" His face scrunched in a small grimace, "The very thought of bein' on the business end of them skewers gives me the shudders". Being beaten and bruised didnt phase him in the slightest, but puncture wounds and deep cuts? Those he could do with out.

"What kind o' occupation you had that required protection? " He enquired,  a gesture towards the claws.
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:13 pm

"Hey don't feel bad Razor," Keir jumped into the conversation between Razor and Angus. "See these scars here," he motioned towards the long vertical scar over his eye and the one torn through the outside of his ear. "This is from one such acquaintance who was bigger than Angus, and who was just as dangerous.

"I was in the tavern one night after a day of working back at home when this big ol' bear stood up from his stool and came at me, asking if I wanted another beating. Apparently, through his drunken stupor I looked very similar to a co-worker of his that was always causing trouble with the bear. He came at and picked me up, then threw me across the room," Keir winced as he remembered the pain of crashing through a table. "When I had gotten back up, he was looming over me and then swiped at me just as his co-workers grabbed him and pulled him away, leaving me with this nasty mess."

Keir looked over the shock pole again and turned to the others. "Now that wasn't bragging, just so we're clear," he laughed.
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:43 pm

He chuckles" I bet Keir. Some bears can get pretty nasty when they are drunk or angered. At least you only got some scars and not more... " he leaves the last sentence in the air.
" but to answer your question Razor, me and my familie are woodcutters. We go deep in the woods and search for good and rare trees cut them down and sell the wood to differrent businesses. and because the searching can take long times we most of the times sleep in tents in the middle of the woods. And guess what, a lot of the dangerous ferals live just there. so we needed guards and I fought more than one big animal."
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Keir nodded his agreement and listened to Angus' story with interest. "Sounds like quite the job. The most I ever did was have to fend off a feral lion to keep them away from our sheep," Keir laughed.
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:31 pm

"Dude, you serious??" Razor eyes lit slightly, a crooked grin forming on his mouth, "Shoot, man, That's something I surely would have loved to see, I ain't gonna lie to ya'...'course, I'm glad you was able to walk away from it. Hehe, here's to hopin' when ever we get to go for some drinks, Angus don't get too plastered. I'd surely hate for a repeat of what happened to ya'". He gave the wolf a light play punch to the shoulder, before smirking over at Angus.

Twirling his lance a few times, he continued, "We'll make sure Eddie don't get drunk out his mind so we can life flight you outta the bar in case things get nasty."

He paused, thinking over some of his own bar experiences, "I was mistaken for some drunk woman's ex at one point...dunno how, the dude was a German shepherd from what I could gather. Anyway, she comes up to me and just start wailin' on me wit her purse right? Just screamin' all kind o' profanities and all this stuff 'bout her private life. And guys, I know how to take a hit, but that freakin' purse mustah been made of freakin' diamonds because that HURT, alright?! And NO ONE was helpin' a shark brotha' out, ya feel me?". Here, he rubbed the back of his neck, ears ringing from the memory of the shrillness of that woman's voice. It still haunted his dreams at night.

"And then," He paused, looking at his listeners with a severe intensity, "Then this crazy cat woman pulls out the pepper spray. And I was done. Just done." He waved in hands in an 'I'm out' motion, "I consider mahself a patient guy when it comes to women...but she was not NOT about to spray me wit no pepper spray....so I kicked the can out of her hand and knocked her out. Now, I didn't hit her too hard, she was well on her way to a drunken dreamland". Here, that same mischievous smirk formed, "I just 'helped' the process along, called up one of her friends, and they came and got her. Needless to say, I know why the dude broke up wit her."

Razor turned his eyes to the wolf, "Now that wasn't braggin', just so we clear".

Listening to Angus' story had him agreeing with Keir, "Dang, man, sounds like quite the life...never dealt wit many ferals mahself...what's it like?" The question was directed to both, seeing as they were the ones with the experience. He was genuinely interested in how it was different from fighting non-ferals.
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:52 pm

"Oh yeah I was very lucky he wasn't there alone, else I might not have made it out alive," Keir replied to the shark. "And I don't think Angus could get that far away from the reins, if ya' know what I mean," he joked.

Listening to Razor's story brought a smile to Keir's face. "Now that is quite a situation. I would've liked to see that in person," he chuckled. "But as for dealing with ferals, of the ones that roved around the farms of my hometown, all that you really had to was make yourself seem bigger than you really were. Most of us wore big jackets just for this reason. Every now and then you would get one like the lion I mentioned earlier that was pretty desperate. If they were hungry enough, or just angry enough, the farmers would have be careful about them. It was time like this that we kept metallic Bobbies on us to be able to bring down the animals. A good shot to the neck often did the trick!"
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:43 pm

"I got ya', but you can nevah be to careful, mah friend" He patted the wolf on the shoulder with grin.

"And bet it would have tickled you pink to see the livin' daylights gettin' knocked out o' me, yeah?" He paused again, tilting his head slightly as he listed to Keir explain his experience with ferals. "Huh, yeah, thats unexplored territory fo' me...But I don't doubt I'll have my own  run in' with wild ferals while workin' under the Overlord, so it'll be good to have people around who know what they doin'". He laughed a bit, "'Scuse my ignorance...but whats a Bobbie?". He gestured to himself, "I dunno heads 'o tails when it comes to weapons"
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Keir smiled and turned back to Razor. "Exactly. Well, seeing the way you hold yourself, I'm quite surprised you didn't react immediately. But that just goes to show you have respect for women. And it probably surprised you seeing as she came out of nowhere," Keir laughed.

"Now as to what a Bobbie is, think of a metallic pole that would stretch from my elbow to the tip of my middle finger," he held up his arm to show Razor what he meant. "It has handle at the bottom and another sticking perpendicular off the side. There are weights in the tip that allow for heavier blows than without. It's a common tool used by the police and security forces of the humans."
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Secateur on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Eddie had listened intently when Tigermark had explained the ins and outs of the lance. He got a lance shortly after the others, and decided to study it a bit, by removing and reinserting the battery a few times, so that he was familiar with it. He was a bit too thorough though, as Tigermark clearly was waiting on him to start the next lesson. He quickly removed the battery, and jogged towards the others, with an embarrassed smile. "Sir!"
Secateur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top