Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

+23
Darius Steele
Hector Fen
Garret Silver
Archeus
Artemis
Akkarri
Schemmer
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
KeirStryker95
Socks the Fox
Dragonwolf
Solitair
Sylvian
TheSphinx
Secateur
Tigermark
KRancourt
Rotors91
tobi3B
Shard Loren
Merrihop
Admin
27 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 15 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Merrihop Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:28 pm

Sunny trotted along behind Darius to the base ops area, and stood by quietly while he addressed the recruits regarding the lull in their training. Once he sat, she took the seat offered to her, placing the tray on her lap. She was glad she'd thought to pick it back up when they left the R&D tent. Her head nodded at the selection of fruit, a helping of pineapple for each of them,  and mango, starfruit, and apple for the commander, as well as the candied beetles and the grasshopper cookie she'd gotten herself, "I didn't know what your favorite was, so I may have overdone it. The good news is, I'm happy to help with whatever's left, sir!"

She giggled, then remembered she was in training and tried to look a bit more professional about it, but couldn't help a little smile, "I got my father's metabolism, we're both pretty much all stomach. Food doesn't usually get wasted with us around."

Her little hands reached into the side pocket of her backpack, tray balanced on her knees for the moment, and she pulled out the two bottles of water, offering one to the commander as well.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 15 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Socks the Fox Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Socks wrapped up her meal, wiping away some of the sauce from her lips. She got up and carried the dishes back to the front, scanning the room to see if there was anyone else here she recognized. A quick look over and she easily picked out the leopard she was talking to earlier. She put her dishes with the rest of the dirty ones and made her way over to hopefully complete their conversation when she noticed he was already talking with some people. Obviously not recruits, going by the extra trimmings on their uniforms, but she still didn't know the different ranks and divisions yet.

Getting closer Socks heard he was just introducing himself, thankful that she not only now knew his name but was also not interrupting anything. She sat down next to him with a "Hey there!"
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Hector smiled at Jiao. "Hello I'm Hector Fen, and this is Artemis my ah .... assistant... I work in the library on the mainland as the chief librarian and accountant. What are you looking to get into once you get to the lair?" He raised his brow a bit. "I saw you in the Research and Development tent with G-.. Doctor Silver, Didn't I? How are you enjoying everything so far?"

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:51 pm

Lex had been about to turn and answer Shard, however then her eyes had spotted Commander Darius exiting the one tent and moving to their area, followed by Sunny. She did what she could to straighten up, some of the twigs and leaves in her hair falling finally as she did her best imitation of the “attention” that she saw some of the others performing. “Humm, that’s a change,” she thought, “Though that shouldn’t be –too- bad.” She didn’t hesitate to move and grab one of the bags like the others had used, and quickly moved off past the tree line. One wouldn’t be sure if she was just fallowing orders or just trying to make some distance between her and Darius before he changed his mind. She really had already forgotten about the berries that she had in her small shoulder strap pack, but figured it would be better to just get a move on.

Overall, she had some good experience with finding food, as needed, and it was just to see what she could find today. Perhaps she could find a Ohi'a 'ai tree that still had some fruit, guava wouldn’t be hard to find as some might call it a weed, even a java plum or a Lilikoi might be a welcome choice. None the less, she wouldn’t limit herself to fruit. Some wild ginger or one of the native healing herbs and fruits (Surely something that some may appreciate in other areas). But before too long she spotted something she thought Commander Darius could appreciate, kava plants. She quickly took a moment to dig up the roots. They were known to be used for medicinal healing, especially for against headache, pain, and even stress, if served in a tea and sometimes with ginger. She recovered several of the roots, shook the dirt and sand free, before packing it into her bag. “At least it’s a start,” she thought.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Razor blinked over at the others. It would make sense that the commander would have to grant them permission. Probably was against some sort of protocol to just up and leave with out proper dismissal.

So, he followed suit, approaching where the wolf and bat stood and saluted as well. "I would also like to jump on the Mess Tent train, Sir". His stomach growled almost threateningly, eager to start digesting some food already.
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Darius approached Mark and the rest of the recruits. "All of you are dismissed, head to the mess hall for lunch and report back here when you hear us over the intercom. Hup two go on, make the best use of your time." He nodded at Commander Tigermark and then returned to his seat with Sunny.

"Sorry about that..." Darius took the bottle of water and then picked up a mango, biting into it, somewhat betraying his hunger with the zeal he displayed on the first bite.

"So far today has been... quite eventful, By the by I hear tell you make a lovely cup of tea, I've never had any outside of the bags Fox makes and I wonder if theres any difference in quality. I have some things to discuss tonight if you'd like to bring your personal tea blends over so I can try them if that's allright with you."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:41 pm

Angus saluted Darius " Yes Sir Thank you Sir " he then turned and looked at the others "You coming Guys I´m really hungry and I don´t know when the commanders will calling us back. besides didn´t you guys wanted to know about my time in the woods ?"
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Stewart Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:58 pm

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance sir." Jiao turned to Artemis, and bowed also. "It is a pleasure to make yours as well ma'am."

Jiao fixed his uniform a little, and then turned his attention back to Hector, the elf. He leaned on the table, and made sure he was facing his superiors.

"Overall my stay here has been enlightening thus far. I have been learning quite a bit, most of it knowledge about myself, and of course about the overlord, including her non lethal policy concerning weapons, I find this policy, interesting to say the least. "

Jiao grinned and took a quick sip of his tea out of his cup, and then turned his attention back to the elf, fixing his sleeves slightly.

"As for what I will be doing once I enter the lair.... probably psychology in the R&D department. Unless something else comes along, that i feel I can do more good in." Jiao said, scratching his face, looking up to the left a little.

Jiao smiled as Socks came along, and got up and held out his hands, one hand holding his fist, grinning as he did.

"Please sit Socks, let us talk as friends, until the time comes for us to go."

Jiao sat down next to Socks, making sure that he could see everyone.

"So tell me Socks, how has your time been here so far."
Ezra Stewart
Ezra Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:08 pm

"Oh it's been really neat so far," responded Socks. "I was a little disappointed at a few minor things not being the way I thought they were, but hey, future research opportunities, right?"

Socks looked over at Hector and said with a big grin, "So, you're in charge of the library huh? I get a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time over there."
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Keir froze as General Steele approached. He saluted properly once Darius had finished speaking and followed Angus' example.

"Thank ya' sir," Keir said as he lowered his hand and looked to the others. Hearing Angus, Keir nodded and began to follow him towards the mess hall, picking up Eddie in the process.

"Come on ya' slowpoke," Keir chuckled setting down the bat and taking up a wider step to catch up with Angus. The smells coming from the mess hall were intoxicating, making images appear in Keir's mind of they might be presenting in there. He hoped they would have some smoked venison or even better, blackened bison. However, even there was just some overly cooked and blackened fish, that would work too. His stomach gave a reassuring grumble as he laughed aloud.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Hector smiled brightly at Socks "Hello there, Yes the Library is both where I work and live, er.. we... Myself, Artemis and Doctor Silver. He's my personal physician you see." He smiled at Artemis urging her to also join in. "Are you interested in reading then, miss?  I've always enjoyed it, very calming. Oh forgive me I didn't catch your name, I'm Hector Fen. Do you have any favorite authors? I'll have a pile selected for you if so." One of his long ears flicked.

"If I may ask what dissapointed you? I Hope Silver wasn't too hard on you two." His eyes flicked toward Jiao as he adressed them both. "Lucky for you it was Silver evaluating you and not Wolfbane, she tends to be a bit more ah... picky... and zealous with her job. Thankfully since she's the department chair, she usually only works with top-level researchers on a more daily baisis so you'll be able to wade in so to speak before you work directly under her."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:27 pm

Sunny raised her eyebrows, ears betraying her surprise further, and then she smiled rather bashfully, "To be honest, sir, my mother deserves the credit. She grows tea plants in her greenhouse at home and dries the leaves herself. She always roped me into helping, and when Oba-chan, my grandmother, was alive, I usually made her tea for her."

She was startled by the invitation to evening tea, but smiled a little more anyway, "And I'd be happy to come to tea. Mama packed some in my trunk while I wasn't looking, so I'm glad to share it. Thank you very much, sir."

While Darius was enjoying his fruit, she picked up the candied beetles and began to nibble on them, still startled by the invitation, but rather pleased. Perhaps she was making a good impression after all.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Stewart Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:51 pm

Jiao looked at Hector a little confused.

"With the short time I spent with him, he was perfectly fine. I was reprimanded for suggesting a telepathic device, but I understand why such a thing would not be accepted into the Overlord's forces. I was a little naive in it's design. I will not be thinking of making such a device until modifications have been made, or I will not make one ever." Jiao said assuredly, he stroked his beard thoughtfully as he continued.

"As for the young officer who stormed out earlier, I can understand her... frustrations? It is difficult to deal with recruits when you've come from such a high office. Honestly, I wouldn't mind working under an officer like Bane."

Jiao took another sip of his tea. Then turned to Socks.

"Tell me, what kind of literature do you like to read Socks?"
Ezra Stewart
Ezra Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:15 am

"Oh, nothing too big; just some things weren't as feasible as I had hoped. He was actually really nice," Socks responded in reference to Hector's first question. "I go by Socks, by the way. I really only use my real name in formal situations."

When asked about literature, Socks paused for a moment, thinking. "Well, I rather like science fiction stuff, especially the ones that are thought provoking about what could be, or even better the ones with AIs and what it means to be sentient. I've only read a handful of his books from places on the human's Internet, but I've rather enjoyed Isaac Asimov's stories."

She thought a bit more, continuing, "I also like their mythology; a lot of it is almost like science fiction at times. Isn't the name Artemis from human mythology?"
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:57 am

The shark was prepared to freak when Commander approached the group, but when he dismissed them all to the mess tent, he about leaped for join. FINALLY. FOOD. Thanking the commander as well, he jogged passed the others with a wide grin on his face.

"Speakin' o' slowpokes, ya'll all need tah git tah steppin' befo' I go an' eat it all!" he called. With a mischievous snicker, he passed both Keir and Eddie, only slowing to pinch Angus' tail before ducking inside the mess tent to pick from their assortment of meals. The shellfish was a must,  and Razor wasted no time in picking out some oysters and mussels to chew on, as well as various other sea food, cooked and uncooked a like.

He wouldn't eat as much as he'd want, but he'd rather not  risk over eating in case training got strenuous again that day. When dinner time came, that was when he'd get his fill.
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:57 am

Silver's evaluation didn't come as much of a surprise to them, thought it still made Alec and Niko wince. "I'd like to apologize for the monitor," Alec said. "It was my idea. We made it before we overheard your concerns with Gu Jiao over similar issues, and that's why we made the second design. We were only planning on this monitor being used for psychiatric purposes under strict confidentiality agreements, but it's just an idea. We can get other ones."

The explanation of how their suit ideas had gone over was one that they allowed to pass by unchallenged, until Silver explained to them that they could potentially accept it. "I just want to point out that this mech could go over terrain that tank treads weren't designed for," Niko said, a hint of wounded pride in his voice.

Lukas also looked to be struggling with pride. He wanted to do his very best and make sure that his bosses had no reason to find fault with his work, so the prospect of taking another attempt at the drawing board was very appealing to him. But he suspected that he was the only one here who cared to that degree. So he sighed and finally spoke.

"Until we have a better idea of what is and isn't needed in the Overlord's operation, and what is and isn't permitted, I feel that further brainstorming might be counterproductive. For now, I think we should take a break. Right?"

Alec and Niko both nodded.
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:08 am

Artemis had been largely silent as Hector spoke, but nodded to Socks at the mention of her name.  "It is, I suppose.  Not that I'm really one for mythology.  It's just the name people call me by."  She rests her hands in her lap, flicking an ear as she hears some of the other recruits break for mess.

"The young officer... you mean Commander Hyde?"  She chuckles to herself quietly.  "Ah yes, R&D is a favored department of hers.  Although..."  Her head tilts.  "Perhaps I'm overstepping a bit, Mister Jiao, but you don't sound all that enthusiastic about the department.  Was it not where you wanted to be posted?  I overheard some of your suggested designs, and was impressed at the number of ideas, however probable or practical they were, that you managed to think of in such a small amount of time."

The white feline chews thoughtfully on a slice of apple.  "I think the commander is just frustrated by some of the recruits coming in.  I haven't heard details, but there's word that someone decided to play around with one of the E-rays.  In development one learns to handle unstable items with care, and in a warzone you learn to respect anything that looks like a weapon.  Having someone fresh into camp deciding to point one at themselves and pull the trigger is the type of thing that would put her off."
Artemis
Artemis

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:13 am

Lunch was satisfying. Looking around Garran spotted the group from R&D chatting merrily. He gave the plate back and waited for a pause in the discussion to approach them.
"Sir, Madam" he bowed to the human with lond ears and the feline near him. "Gu Jiao, Socks" he addressed them with a smile.
"I was feeling lonely. Can I sit with you?" he asked politely.

Last edited by TheSphinx on Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:22 pm

Angus jumped as Razor pinched hi " hey you ..." and he begann to run after him to the mess tent. The smells that greeted him where welcoming and promises good and warm food. He made a selection of some meat,nuts and veggies. then he walked to where Razor was sitting and gives him a hard but friendly slap on the back. he sits down and looks around the tent who is at the moment there and spots several different recruits and some new faces he did see beforehand like a white cat who talks with an elderly snow leopard and a red Fox.
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Keir just laughed and followed the boys into the mess hall. He stepped through the doors and was greeted with the sight of lots of different choices. Keir walked up to the buffet style counter, grabbed a plate and began to grab pieces of meat, including some smoked venison, some blackened sea fish, and even some peppered river trout. He also grabbed a small plate of salad and topped it with nuts and fruits. He didn't plan on eating much more than this; however, once the day was over and dinner came around he would eat just about anything he could get his handpaws on.

Finding where the bear and leopard shark were sitting, Keir joined them and noticed a few others in the hall as well, including an elder snow leopard, a white feline and elf, a red fox who he saw in R&D earlier, and even the sphinx with the bio-mechanical arm.

"So, what do you guys think of that training exercise so far?" Keir asked of the others with a piece of venison hanging out of his mouth.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:46 pm

As Lex worked through the foliage of the forest, she scanned about, looking for various manner of berry, herb, root, or fruit.  Granted, as she had grown up and in these rainforests, she had little trouble identifying various items for their uses.  Some fresh wild ginger was a welcome addition, along with some more kava roots added to her bag.  Not particularly useful for overall eating, but they had their uses with other foods or for their medicinal properties.  Luckily it hadn’t gotten too warm as of yet, but it was soon growing warmer, and she kept tab on the time.  With such short time, she would have to move quickly to fill her bags, passing up things that took more time for less bounty.  She did remember that her own little sack was still with her, and how it held a selection of Nene berries as well as blackberries.  She added a few more handfuls of those berries to her sling bag in passing, but did not linger at the bushes for long, considering it would take hours to fill a larger bag, and the weight of the berries would most likely crush those below.

She did like to have selection though, as long as it didn’t make for a long stop, pulling one Ti plant for its roots, and shaking the dirt free as she went, continuing to look for a larger tree or at least a more bountiful plant to produce what would make a larger food item.  Ti plants had their uses between the roots and the leaves but they had little other survival quality to them besides.  What she really needed was a true fruit tree, or something at least a little more substantial.  She hoped to come across some sort of fruit tree, be it an avocado, Ohi'a 'ai, Lilikoi, guava, or one of the other more common fruit trees.  They wouldn’t take long to pillage a full bag with most of their fruits, especially while timed.  Climbing a tree wouldn’t be an issue for her either, it was just finding something that was in season and ripe.  So she made her way further towards the groves of trees, scanning for fruits, along with tracing across the ground for the many species of vegetable or root.  Even a bit of Taro would work well in her bag, if she found any growing wild.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Garret Silver Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Silver pressed a green stamp to their file. "Allright then, go to the mess hall with the rest, I'll call you back here when I'm ready to start the next group assignment." He turned and bade the blue Tiger forward. "You're next miss what have you got for me?"
Garret Silver
Garret Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Stewart Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Jia chuckled quietly.

"Yes, one of the recruits messed with some odd ray that turned others into rabbits. Understandably, he was reprimanded quite harshly." Jiao sipped his tea, and finished it. Then turned his attention back to Artemis. "Though, I will say that this department is growing on me. I am certainly liking it right now."

Jiao got up and bowed slightly to Garren.

"Please feel free to sit with us Garren, it would be an honor." Jiao offered a spot for Garren to sit.

Ezra Stewart
Ezra Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:15 pm

Garran bowed slightly. "Thank you."
He sat between the others. "I hope I didn't interrupt you." said with a half smile.

Garran struggled a bit to keep his wings close, to avoid hitting someone. Finaly finding a good position, he took a second or two to observe the officers. The human amazed him... his ears were so long!
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:25 pm

Archeus stepped up to Doctor Silver. She Salutes
"Recruit Archeus reporting sir." Archeus hands over her drawing.
"I call it a Standing Wave Dampening Controller, or a "STANDATROL" if you will.
It is a device to be used with existing R.A.D.A.R  Stations. If an enemy vessel is approaching this device would be used to reconfigure the output. Setting up a dampening field around the vessel and overwhelming it's controls and communications.
There are some inherent problems that would have to be addressed such having enough generating capacity on sight. But that in a nut shell is what I'm proposing."
Archeus sits back quietly and watches the doctor examine the documents.
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum