Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

+23
Darius Steele
Hector Fen
Garret Silver
Archeus
Artemis
Akkarri
Schemmer
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
KeirStryker95
Socks the Fox
Dragonwolf
Solitair
Sylvian
TheSphinx
Secateur
Tigermark
KRancourt
Rotors91
tobi3B
Shard Loren
Merrihop
Admin
27 posters

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 27 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Akkarri Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:44 pm

Lex watched as the rain come across her field of view. But overall she was used to the occasional rains here and they were usually warm enough to not be a worry for her. But the winds and the lightning were of greater concern. But overall there was the limitation of not having have been dismissed by General Steel, but it didn’t stop her from asking. “If we don’t have an immediate assignment, should we seek some shelter? It does not appear to be more than a light rain.” Shifted a little as she had been standing at attention for a bit too long, her muscles cramping a bit, her toes and claws working at the ground beneath her feet as she was trying to keep herself from getting a cramp.

She had had plenty of time out in the jungles so such weather was sometimes what you had to deal with when you needed to. But here, she didn't have her gear, and being out in the open, really the tents seemed like potential risk areas due to the posts standing up higher out on the beach and far enough away from the trees. But eventually as lightning strikes started to arrive, she had her own ideas, "Sorry sir, but it be best to get into shelter, NOW," she said making her way off into a tent, along with other recruits. She had gotten fairly wet, but with her short fur it usually wasn't a problem. Soon she found a place she could dry off fairly well without necessarily causing any trouble. Figuring it would be best not to incur any more demerits from Commander Steel than she already had.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 27 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Zenny Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:31 pm

Zenny starts to shiver uncontrollably as his body fights back, the cold rains and his current condition causing a fever to breakout. The small fox begins to have flashbacks and dreams in his unconscious state.

Zenny lay off in a corner pretending to be asleep, ears perked forward in the direction of his big sis and their mother talking.

“Now Ledoux what have I told you about watching out for your little brother?” their mother scolded.

“I know mom but…” Ledoux tried to interject.

“No butts you know how he looks up to you. You might still be my little girl but without your father around…” she pauses mid sentence taking a moment to recollect herself, taking a deep breath before continuing with her lecture”… you need to keep an eye on him when I’m not around.”

Ledoux shuffles her front paw into the dirt embarrassed. “I’m sorry mom.”

Their mother takes her paw nudging Ledoux’s face to look up into her own, “look sweetie I know you didn’t mean for him to get lost but he’s still young and it can be a dangerous place for a young fox out there.”

A boom crackles out overhead as Zenny is dragged by Ledoux further up the coast into the tree line, providing better shelter from the raging storm. As his sister starts to gnaw on the fishing line, blood flow temporarily rushes back into the constricted limb causing a sharp sudden pain. Zenny lets out a dazed moan as his head rolls from one side to the other, his tail flicking up before lying back flat again against the soft saturated ground.
Zenny
Zenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledoux Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:35 pm

Ledoux laid close to Zenny trying to comfort him. She could tell by his paw spasms and head shaking he was having night tremors. She stayed strong for him standing guard. But struggled with her ability to stay awake. Wounded,Wet, tired and hungry she knew he was in worse shape.
Ever so quietly She hummed a tune their mother had taught her ever. "Oh gracious one above how will we get out of this?" She sat watching it rain and feeling a bit of despair sink in. And hoping the feeling of Isolation would be pushed from her mind. ''Good night little fox."
Ledoux
Ledoux

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:42 am

Tigermark was glad to see "his" recruits and the R&D group getting along well. When one of them, who happened to have a prosthetic arm, fetched a light bulb and managed to power it enough for a soft glow to light the tent, he smiled.

"Well done, Recruit. It would do me little good to go on with my story right now, everyone go ahead and get reacquainted. The storm is passing overhead, so in a half hour or so we'll need to go check the camp and the power line into the island, as well as the distribution center. Those are over near the beach just east of the docks you arrived at. The power line runs underwater from the main power plant on Aukate. We'll split into teams and some of you will check the camp, while others go check the perimeter and the power line and distribution center."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Alec, Lukas and Niko hadn't had much chance to speak as they were helping out with the storm. While they worked, they told Garran that they really liked the idea of a curved screen, though they weren't sure if they wanted to go so far as to make a flexible, rolled-up screen.

Now that all of the prep work for the storm and setting up a workspace was done, they sat in the tent with the other recruits, the physical training ones that he'd met before. Niko glanced at a cute marten girl named Sunny, if he recalled, while Lukas looked at Tigermark and Alec gave Razor a wave as they entered.

Alec couldn't help but chuckle when Razor fell out of his chair during the lightning strike, even though Niko's arms and head reflexively jolted because of the thunder as well. "Have you been training well?" he asks. "I wouldn't mind getting some exercise too, but I think research is gonna be taking up a lot of our time now."
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 27 Empty Training begins-Day 2

Post by DeanFox Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:55 pm

Just as I start to dry out and warm up there's this boom, flash and darkness.  "That's it!"  quickly throwing on my damp uniform which is now ice cold I head out into the storm looking at the tree as it rocks in the wind, it hasn't punctured my tent but it will if the rocking goes unchecked.  Heading back inside my tent to rummage through things and finding my flashlight.  Staggering back outside into the storm with a flashlight one I never remember to charge and the dull glow confirms it I wait for the tree to rock back and quickly wedge the monster in place.  Heading off to see if I can help anyone or fix anything I head towards voices.  Wandering around for a bit in the rain when a voice comes out of the rain.  "Oh Gracious one above how will we ever get out of this?"  "Hello?" "Goodnight little fox."  Calling out again louder this time "Hello? is there anyone out there?"
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledoux Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:09 pm

Ledoux suddenly hearing a voice from the Forrest froze. Her senses suddenly went into overdrive. Who are what this was needed to be investigated. She took a moment to cover Zenny with the near by brush and moss. Patting him on the head "Lay still and be quiet. I'll be back." She made her way to where she thought she heard a voice. Trying to ignore her own pain she was not as stealthy as she would normally be. Still she crawled to a near by log and laid low. "Hello? is there anyone out there?" She heard. Ledoux ever so carefully peeked over the the log to see a blonde fox all dressed all in blue. She watched from a distance. "Well I think I know where we are now. That has to be one of the overlords minions." She thought to herself Friend or Foe now was the question. Ledoux looked down only to see some blood stains on her coat, then over her shoulder back towards her brother. "We're not in any shape to go it alone. Only one way out." Ledoux gathered her strength and slowly stood. "Ahem...I'm.....I'm over here" she called out in soft voice, hoping this wasn't a mistake. Ledoux stood there unsure whether to move. As she made eye contact she felt some what relieved. "These were not the eyes of a hostile predator." Still she was cautious and waited to see how the blonde fox approached.
Ledoux
Ledoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:46 pm

Razor tried his best not to look as frazzled as he felt, but since everyone either heard or saw his little tumble there was really no hiding. Still, he'd try. Glancing at Sunny, he grinned widely,"Oh yeah, yeah ah'm fine! Jest, ya know, makin' sho' the ground is...uh, solid." He joked. The light from the Sphinx with the legit robo arm caught his attention, as it made the room a little brighter than it had been previously. He opened his mouth to crack another joke, but paused when the conjoined triplets entered the tent and....Alec? Yeah, that was Alec's arm right? Right?!

Yeah it was.

And Alec waved at him. "Hey man! Good to see ya'! All three o' ya actually!" At the mention of exercise, his grin broadened. "Bro, like, its been awesome. Commander Tigermark is like, da coolest guy ever! And the training has been...an experience. That guy" He jabbed a finger in Angus's direction, "Knocked the air outta me wit his butt. It was the most embarrassin' defeat of mah life...Ah almost shed a manly tear."

He would have continued rambling, but another thundering rumble sounded, cutting him off. After a brief pause, he continued, "You c'n always, ya know, hit me up fo' an exercise session sometime afta' yo' research shinzit," He offered with a grin, "How are things goin' on the science end anyway?". Not wanting to shout across the tent, he dragged his chair closer to the tall triplets and plopped next to Alec's side, looking at at him with interest.
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 27 Empty Training Begins -Day 2

Post by DeanFox Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:33 am

There's a hint of something in the air which I hope I'm wrong about. Just about to call out again when a small voice and a set of eyes rise up from behind a log. “Oh, hi. May I help you?” Smiling I gesture if I may approach.
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledoux Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:00 am

Ledoux lowered her head and nodded as she attempted to step forward, but wound up falling down when her rear paw tried to clear the log. She stumbled back to her feet. "Sir you'll forgive me, I find myself some what battered." Ledoux sensing no immediate danger laid down looking a bit haggard and realizing her strength was waining.
Ledoux
Ledoux

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Grinning in the round Angus waves from his stool
"Hey guys take a seat and get compfy until we can get out and check everything it´s storytime with the commander."
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 27 Empty Training Begins -Day 2

Post by DeanFox Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:31 am

Walking over to the white fox the smell is still there and you can see she is injured, just about to ask whom she was talking to when a lightning flash lights up her lavender friend hidden. “Oh shi…” Catching myself I look back at Miss White then at the trees and knowing many things among them are there are enemy on Kua'kua and therefore silence is golden, I shouldn't move lavender, and I cannot leave them to get help. Sitting down on the stump to partially block the rain and starting to remove my boots to get at the tools inside the right and kicking the left one on. Taking the pen knife I start slicing at the stitching where I put the thing back together and fold it open. “I've worn this once and it has a built in heater.” Draping it over Miss White to warm her up as she is shivering. “May I pick you up so we can check on your friend?”
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledoux Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:42 am

Ledoux feeling relieved nodded. "Thank you Sir. I'm Ledoux by the way, my brother Zenny is just over there. He is pretty badly injured."
Ledoux was exhausted and just wanted to close her eyes, but couldn't until she knew Zenny was OK. In the arms of the blonde fox she felt his kindness and found just enough strength to press on.
Ledoux
Ledoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:07 pm

Tigermark smiled to the group and began again.

"As I said, the Overlord's main base on Aukate' is called the Citadel, but the nickname we normally use for it is The Lair. The base is built into the inside of an extinct volcano, and covers around eight square miles. The housing for minions consists of small apartments for two to four persons. Officers get two bedroom apartments shared by two junior officers, and single bedroom apartments for senior officers. Married personnel are encouraged to get housing for their families in one of the small villages around Aukate'. Minions who are married to each other can get one of a limited number of two bedroom apartments set up for marrieds. There are work areas, mess halls, recreation areas, and places to socialize in various areas around the Lair-"

Tigermark stopped. The rain had let up, and the sound of thunder had been receding. Another very faint sound carried on the now-gentle sea breeze. That same whispering wind carried to him a disconcerting scent of blood and a fresh gut wound.

"Recruits, snap-to! There's something amiss out toward the beach. Sunny? I need your scouting. Head, ah," The tiger paused to sniff the air briefly again. "Head out toward the North beach. There's a scent of blood and gut wound on the breeze. Go ahead and see what might be needed to help, or if it's from anything hostile. Go! Arch, who's the best medic of the group? Bring them and come with me. Also alert Doctor Silver and Doctor Sylvian that we might have some incoming injured for them. I'll alert General Steele so he can alert Lady Bane and Lt. Davies. Razor and Angus, with me. Grab a Lance, but hold off on a clip. Eddie and Keir, go with the rest of the R&D crew and check the camp for damage or any injuries. Let's move, folks."

Tigermark walked to another cabinet near the back of the tent and pulled out his personal lance and three full power full charge clips. He walked over to Razor and Angus.

"Load and lock, just like training, but these are full power clips. Leave the switch collar off until we get clear of camp. We'll wait for Sunny's report at the camp perimeter. Let's go."

Last edited by Tigermark on Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited for clarity of the statement about married minions)
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Socks listened as Tigermark talked about the Citadel, but perked to attention when he stopped suddenly. When she heard he smelled blood in the air, she became worried. She looked to see who offered any medical service, but kept quiet herself since she was never any good at anything medical.

When Tigermark commended the R&D team to check over the camp, she gathered herself and prepared to head out.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:05 am

Archeus sprang to her feet, "You got it Commander". She reached into her coat grabbing her PDA and sent a message to alert Doctors Silver & Sylvian of the groups status. Looking at the rest of the R&D group, "Garran you're good with anatomy, lets go with the Commander". Looking at the cabinets in the tent Archeus spotted a first aid kit and grabbed it. At the Commanders lead she followed.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:58 pm

" Yes Sir" Angus saluted briefly before grabbing a lance from the rack and then walked to Tigermark and got one of the clips from him. He locked the clip into the lance making sure it was secured before heading with Tigermark and Razor out of the tent.

Last edited by tobi3B on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Garran jumped from his chair the moment Tigermark mentioned blood. Now he could smell or too. His pupils narrowed a bit.

When Archeus called for him he said "I'm ready. We should need a gurney, possibly for aerial rescue if we need to cover a long distance with an injured fur. A first aid kit and some ropes and base equipment in case we need to free someone from a fallen tree. But I hope not. "

Best medic, huh? Well, well. Garran hands were shaking a bit. He wasn't used to see situation where someone relied heavily on him. He didn't care much for himself, but this was different.
Well, what's wrong? He should have expected this. He went to carry a weight on his shoulders, better learn quick.
Garran grinned and followed the Commander.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:42 am

Before stepping out of the tent, Tigermark looked back briefly.

"Recruit Mahlonne, you're lead for the military, Recruit Neilsen and you help the R&D group survey for damage and do any minor repairs. If you find any injured or anything beyond a minor patch-up, have someone with a tablet or communicator call it in to Lt. Davies or General Steele. Also if either of those two, Lady Bane, or any of the other officers tell you to do something else, do it. Got it?"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:54 am

Alec and Niko both guffawed at the idea of Razor being pinned underneath someone's rear. Even Lukas cracked a smile, though he recovered quickly and gave his brothers an annoyed look.

"Well, of course we'd be happy to accompany you to the gym," he said. "Hopefully it won't be too difficult to work on upper body strength there."

Razor asked about research, and they looked at each other, hesitating. "It's been kinda rough," Niko admitted. "We drew up two solo prototypes of devices that it turns out the Overlord doesn't really want to use. I think the dream monitor was some kind of ethical violation and we don't have much use for power armor. Kind of a waste, honestly."

"Oh, I don't know about that," Alec said. "It's a practice opportunity and those are rarely wasted, even if they don't have benefit except to get you used to practicing a skill." He smiled and reached to pat Razor on the back.

"Regardless, before the storm intensified, we were in a group project to develop a topographical map that would update itself based on sensors covering the island." Lukas continued. "Garran proposed the idea of using a curved computer screen, or perhaps a more portable one that can be rolled up, which is an idea that greatly appeals to me.

Then Commander Tigermark barked out more orders regarding a survivor from the storm whose blood the brothers could smell. They looked alert and ready to jump into action, but Tigermark just gave blanket orders to R&D to survey and repair. "Yes, sir," they all said, despite the unease they felt with the scent of blood in the air.
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:13 pm

As Tigermark waited at the tent entrance for the recruits to get moving, he pulled out his communicator and sent a quick message to Darius.

*Darius,
Caught a scent of blood and gut wound on the wind as the storm passed. I've got Sunny scouting it out, and I'm taking Triakis and O'Brown, along with Recruit Archeus and Recruit White from R&D to check it out. Seems to be coming from the North beach area. We'll check the power cable and distribution station while we're up there and see if we can get the power back on. Please inform Lady Bane and Lt. Davies. We've already informed Dr. Silver and Dr. Sylvian.

TM*
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:42 pm

“Yes Sir!”
The urgency in the Commander voice had the shark making a bee line for the lances, doing as asked. He could catch up with the brothers later, but something was apparently amiss in the camp. And on the first  day of training no less. With lance in hand, he approached Tigermark, casting a curious glance at the offered clipped before loading it into the proper port and triple checking that the switch was in the off position.  He’d rather not get his hide fried before stuff really got rolling.

Shuffling next to Angus, he took an experimental sniff of the air. His sense of smell was powerful when underwater, but rather lacking  when in open air. The smell just didn’t carry as well, but he trusted that Tigermark knew a danger sign when he smelled it. Webbed fingers thrummed the lance as he waited for the white tiger to finish with his message…probably alerting the higher ups no doubt.
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:30 am

With a nod to the group he was leading, Tigermark set out from the tent in the general direction of the docks, but after reaching the running trail they turned a bit left and headed more northerly. At the edge of the treeline in that direction, a small trail wound its way through the trees, quickly disappearing around a turn. Tigermark held his paw up to signal a stop.

"This trail leads to the North Beach and the power distribution station. We'll hold on here until Sunny reports back. Stay alert. There aren't any natural predators big enough to give us any problems, but the scent of blood on the air could bring...other problems.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Garran left the group for a moment just outside the tent and went back to R&D to search for equipment. A bit unlucky, but he did found a jack.
He fetched some ropes from the tents storage. Jumping to the medical tent he fetched the first aid kit and managed to find a gurney.
He then returned to the group, who was waiting for Sunny.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:06 pm

Angus held his lance ready for a block scanning the treeline.
" what other problems Commander ? would be nice to know what we could face before we face it Commander"
his eyes never left the treeline and now he could scent the blood on the air.
His nose never good with smells.
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next