Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General OOC chat

+15
Rotors91
Technocupcake
Tamara
Solitair
Tigermark
BanditRingtail
KeirStryker95
tobi3B
Akkarri
Garret Silver
Admin
Schemmer
DeanFox
Archeus
Socks the Fox
19 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

General OOC chat - Page 5 Empty Re: General OOC chat

Post by KeirStryker95 Tue May 13, 2014 4:40 pm

I watch him as well Garran. Maybe we could try and note him? Who all else have we lost, if you don't mind my asking?
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Tue May 13, 2014 4:43 pm

Ezra Stewart, Koichi, Katya, Dragonwolf, Angewolf, and BanditRingtail all haven't been on as well from what I recall seeing.

Hope everything's okay with them Sad
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Tue May 13, 2014 4:58 pm

Oh wow. There are quite a few.

And I second that Socks.  Crying or Very sad 
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sun May 18, 2014 10:29 am

This is a message to all of the players I have seen being active thus far. I have just spoken with Secateur/ Eddie Nielson the Bat over the last two days, and have learned his reason behind not posting/ participating in the forum. This message will also be posted in the General OCC topics as well for those that are still here/ didn't get the message. He told me that I or anyone else who wanted to was allowed to play as Eddie; however, he has provided guidelines as to how to play as Eddie. This will be explained in the messages displayed below. I hope this put everyone's mind at ease slightly about Mr. Eddie. As for the other players that have been "Missing", I do not have any information. Anyways, enough rambling from me. Hope everyone is doing OK.

~Keir Mahlonne~

Here is the quoted sections of what Secateur has told me:

Message One:

Secateur wrote:Hi.
I noticed your shout on FA, and I can only apologize for my sudden absence. However, it's likely to be extended indefinitely. As it happens, I've concluded that forum roleplay doesn't agree with me. I consider Aukate a great setting with great co-players I'd like to get to know better, and it sounds like so much fun, until I have to start writing. It's a struggle every step of the way. As such I have decided to resign as a player. Though, if anyone wants to, they have my permission to play Eddie in any way, as long as it's on this forum, and within the rules of the mods/admins/owner of Aukate.

Message Two:

Secateur wrote:Sure, feel free to share with anyone on this forum. And, by all means, feel free to ask around. I've only told you and Fox, but the permission extends to everyone on the forum. You can take turns writing Eddie if you want to. Or not, if you don't want to. As long as it's within the forum, and within Fox's rules, it's okay by me.

Message Three:

Secateur wrote:I think I should add something, in case anyone gets ideas.
Since Eddie's likeness is the same as the the main avatar I use on the internet, I don't want anyone to use his likeness outside of Aukate. I hope everybody understands that. Also, technically, Eddie is still my character, so no one but me can extend the permissions I have given. (The permissions are that as long as it's within Forum Aukate, and within Fox's rules, anything goes.) This further means that I can still commission Fox to have Eddie drawn in uniform, though not in a situation that any of you have written.

Finally, if you want to draw or want to commission drawn a situation in Forum Aukate that involves Eddie, then as always, it has to be a situation within Forum Aukate, and within Fox's rules. (Also, I'd like to know, please!)
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Sun May 18, 2014 10:48 am

That's too bad. I think though that an open-to-everyone character, especially one based off another person's persona would be too complicated to properly manage and we should politely write him out. Maybe a family emergency that forces him home, so that he can come back if he chooses?
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sun May 18, 2014 10:54 am

Yeah. I can understand that, but he has offered to pass on a few bits of his info on Eddie so that should someone like to play as him, they will be able to. But I do like the idea of having someone write him out in a situation similar to what you have mentioned.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Sun May 18, 2014 8:06 pm

I do agree with Socks on that one.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Secatuer's contributions to the comic have been magnimous, as such he has been made an honorary minion and will be present within the comic storyline regaurdless of his presence here. He has tirelessly supported the comic both financially and otherwise and I feel I would be doing him a great disservice to deny him a place within the offical ranks in light of this.

As for playing him, id rather that task fall to me where necessary if necessary.

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 18, 2014 8:39 pm

As for the rest of the characters who have fallen out of line, time marches on, if they wish to participate before the boot camp threads close, they are welcome to but that doesnt mean we hold action up for the rest of the people who are posting regularly. Untill such time as they decide to re-join us and come up with an IC excuse for thier absence, they shall be treated as though they aren't here for the time being. these threads are already months behind (my fault really no-one elses) and I'd like to keep things moving.

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sun May 18, 2014 9:41 pm

Understood Madame Overlord Fox. I'm glad to know that his place has reached, "Closure", if you will. I cannot wait to see more of the comics he participates in. Thank you for clarifying this up for all us recruits who have served with him. Smile
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun May 18, 2014 11:29 pm

Very good, Foxena. I also agree that if Eddie needs to appear, you play him, as any other.....I was going to say NPC, but that's a bit of disservice to the contributions of the characters that you play. How about Administratively Played Character? On we go!
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Mon May 19, 2014 10:47 am

It's always better to have a character played by one person, be it a PC or NPC or else, to be played by the same person. It's better for the sake of coherency. So, doing that way is a very good solution, Madam Overlord.

As a certain Vorta would say: 'The Overlord is wise!' (Sorry, been watching DS9 lately, always had fun watching Weyoun grovel that way i front of the Female Changeling.  Wink  )
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Mon May 19, 2014 11:01 am

Yeah, the two key things I was worried about were inconsistency and doing things the original player wouldn't do. Having a single player drastically reduces the problems with either of those.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Mon May 19, 2014 11:11 am

I agree Socks. I was just passing on the word as he said I could. Hahaha. But yeah, I guess that since Fox will be playing as Eddie now too, they'll have to get in touch to explain his character and stuff like that. All in good time though. In the hopes that somebody were to play him 'wrong', he had told me I could, or to pass it around to see if anyone else wanted to first. So I guess this means that Foxena will be playing him? Smile
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:12 pm

Landscapes - 8 bits - awesomeness squared - nuff said - go here: http://www.effectgames.com/demos/canvascycle/
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:41 pm

I'm finally back! Yeee! A few weeks of rest before the next exams. How are you all?

@Tamara: wonderful thing! What is it? I could cycle through the scenes the whole day.
(is there a way to play wih the palette in the options?)
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:00 pm

Now that Megaplex is over the r&d dept should start picking up again...
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:14 pm

@TheSphinx: I don't think you can play with the palette. I found this online, got linked to it, and it seems to be 8bit art done as scenes for games back in the 80's, when computer power was quite limited. It is indeed wonderful to look at! ^^
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Just as a heads-up, I will be afk from tomorrow through Sunday. Things are quiet right now, I know, but in case they pick back up, it'll be Sunday night at least before I'll be able to respond.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:08 pm

Enjoy your weekend if you can! ^^
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:12 am

Gonna suggest we all just hold where we are right now. Fox, Arch, and a couple others have a *lot* of reading to do to catch up when they come back, and adding more just makes the task of catching up more daunting. They'll let us know when they're ready to continue.

Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:24 am

I believe I agree with Tigermark on that one. Most everyone is either ready to go, or not, whatever the case may be. We should respect that though. I kind of know how it is about having to catch up and read stuff. Happened to me between Days 1 & 2. Started day 2 by accident before finishing & reading Day 1. Had to go back and see where everybody was and where I left off. (I missed getting to talk to a bunch of new faces too. LOL)
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:13 pm

I know what you mean Tigermark
had that happened when my comp went of the fritz as we rescued the two foxes
so in the meantime for all you out there
here is a little reportage of EF 20 from Arte (culture channel) and I pop up at 12.06 (in and out of suit)
http://flox.at/ef/eurofurence-20-arte-creative-festival-geil-berlin.html

it´s in german but you can have subtitles
first start the vid then the caption to have english subtitles
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:57 pm

Wow! That looks like sooo much fun! Thanks for sharing! And by the way, nice suit!! (Man, I really wish I had one and could go out to a convention now. LOL)
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:10 pm

I've mentioned it a couple of times, I've had an idea for a character that might be a fun side character. I'm in the process of writing up a backstory for her.

She is Kaitlyn Meadows, a sea otter, and if Fox allows it a bartender for the Freeze Ray Cafe's evening shift.

Out of RP, she's also my cheesecake character and I've been talking with Falvie about letting her use Kait for pinup prints to sell, as well as other things, so that may be a thing.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum