Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Sylvian Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:04 am

Sylvian inclines his head to Darius as he is dismissed, "Of course General. I look forward to speaking with you again." he turns, and stops as the tent flap opens and he sees yet another recruit. He smiles and steps past them with a friendly 'Good morning' to the recruit before he makes his way through the camp.

More and more recruits seem to be slowly trickling in, a fact that brings a small smile to the Doctor's face. It was always good to see patriotic young people joining up to help spread the word of the Overlord. With luck a few would come his way, or with even more luck none of them would be injured badly!

Expertly navigating the camp of recruits Sylvian comes to the large tent marked with a red cross on its sides and roof, nurses and junior medical staff wandering around setting the different areas that will be required for the day to day medical procedures that would be carried out. Mostly areas to preform physicals and checkups that would be required for new recruits wishing to join into the various parts of the Overlord's Forces.

A few yards off is an R&D tent, which Sylvian stops and watches as the lab assistants set up various examples of what R&D is working on, and what they've done in the past. A lot of it was quite interesting, flashy and assured to catch the eye of young budding scientists. If things went the way that the General had said, Syl would be walking on both sides of the little path during his stay here. Talking people about R&D and Medical, which is something he can do. He had spent enough time around the researchers (Who had come into Medical after something backfired), they did love to ramble on about everything they had done leading up to the explosion or accidental discharge of the bunny ray.

Chuckling he then walks into the medical tent, sets down his bags and pulls his clipboard and stethoscope out and gets to work helping the support staff set up the tents for Medical and R&D.
Sylvian
Sylvian

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Akkarri Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:41 am

She didn’t seem to take much notice of Shard’s approach, but it didn’t seem to surprise or startle her. She had expected such things to happen eventually especially when you bring in something fresh fairly frequently. “Well, the fish have been plentiful here today, so I wanted to sharpen two skills at a time,” she would say, putting her most recent catch in a basket residing in the cool water in the shade. It seems she was right as there were a fair number of various fish in there. If he examined closely, she seemed to be using fairly basic arrows in this case, not much more than sharpened points, not a full broadhead, but for fish, that wasn’t necessary.

"Well, hello. I’m surprised that no one has come over out of curiosity before this though,” she said flatly to Shard as she returned to searching through the river for more quarry. It wasn’t as though disinterested in talk, in fact quite the opposite, however she seemed to do it as more of a way to control her breathing and noise. “So do they have you stand about much? Or are you just waiting for some instructions?” she would ask as she slipped a few fingers across the bowstring asking the questions quietly yet sounding somewhat curious.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:06 am

Darius continued to smile as he released her hand. "Tomorrow morning you'll have your first assignment." He handed her a slip of paper with her tent number and inclined his head.

"For now however get aquainted with your new surroundings... oh, leave your bag here with me I'll have it sent your direction in a little while. Dissmissed miss Sunny! Tell the next recruit in line to come in would you?" He paused when he heard Mark's voice. "Ah yes come in as well Commander"

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:59 am

Sunny smiled and nodded, taking the slip of paper and glancing at it before tucking it away carefully, "Yes sir! I look forward to it, sir..."

She bobbed her head politely before retreating out of the tent, giving another nod of greeting to the tiger who was being invited in as well, and then nearly bumping into the next person in line. She turned and looked up, pausing momentarily as she got a good look at them, "Oh, Pardon me. I think you're next! Good luck!"

She would have stayed to talk longer, but there seemed to be a line, so she smiled again and trotted over to where she had put her trunk. She brought it back to the tent as she'd been instructed, before heading back into the camp to look around.

Standing clear of the officer's tent, she placed her dark brown hands on her hips and took a deep breath, glancing around. She had been told to get familiar with her surroundings. She decided she could find her tent later, glancing into the jungle near the camp site. She'd never climbed jungle trees before... Her fingertips twitched and she smiled, trotting over to a nearby tree and beginning to climb, acclimating to the feel of the strange bark under her hands and feet. It didn't take her long to find a branch to sit on, glancing down at the camp from her new vantage point, feet dangling comfortably from her perch. She took a deep breath of the balmy jungle air. It was warmer here than at home, but it was so green. She couldn't wait to find out what her assignment would be tomorrow.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:06 am

Carefully he reads the slip of paper through which was handed to him earlier then looks around.
After some searching he found his tent and claimed fast a bed for himself setting his bag on it.
He then went to look through the camp making himself familiar with it. He spots a rather large line in the front of the commanders tent and smiles.
He then looks for the fieldkitchen, the latrine the various department tents and so on.
When he is sure he can find anyplace anytime he watches the older recruits getting through their drills.
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:39 am

The brothers step out of the way as Sunny exits the tent, letting her pass by as she confirms that they're next in line. Along with a tiger gentleman, an officer by the looks of him, they step into the tent, ducking down to fit inside.

"Hello, officer," Lukas said to Darius. "I am Lukas Ceslatos, and these are my brothers, Niko and Alec. We come to join the Overlord's ranks. I have studied various fields of science and technology, Niko is a dab hand at martial arts, and Alec is an accomplished tailor. He made our clothes himself."
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Darius looked up from his desk, a bit surprised by what he saw although this was only evidenced by a slight raising of his brows. "Ah well, Tailoring position is taken I'm afraid, but I'd rather not stretch you three to ah... thinly..." He pulled out their file and flipped through it idly. He placed the knuckle of his index finger over his mouth as he thought, finally writing something down on a slip of paper inside the file and handing it to the brothers. "That's your tent for the next however long you're here. For now you're assigned to the R&D tents starting tomorrow you'll report to Doctor Sylvian." He got up and extended his and with a cordial smile. "Welcome aboard and dismissed. Oh! and do tell the next in line to report in... Mark..." He glanced to the tiger. "so sorry for this I'll be with you shortly."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:55 pm

"Well not so much standing but certainly a lot of running. Today at least." he raise his wet feet out the water and wiggles his toes a little.
"And I thought the stuff my parents had me do was exhausting. But as for instructions we've been given a break after our run. Three laps around the whole training ground. I tell ya, I've never felt these boys barking before"
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by BanditRingtail Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:35 pm

Devon let out a sigh when the three-headed, multi-limbed wolf left, trying not to look too relieved. He was just glad he hadn't been noticed. Sure, not everyone bigger than him was like his brothers, but that one head gave off the same vibe. The same casual arrogance that refused to believe... no, no, not here. He was safe; they weren't applicants. He tried to shake it off and return to the project with Socks, attempting to get the random parts to behave.

"Eh, not sure what it is either. The project, I mean." He shrugged in apology. "I'm good with traps and locks, and I've got all kinds of ideas, but I don't really know what this is. I'm getting an idea, but it's a bit fuzzy." He held up two of the parts and tried to arrange them so they'd fit together, never quite succeeding. "Blast! I thought I had it." He tossed the parts to the ground, running his hands through his messy hair, which had gotten messier as they worked. At least Socks had a calming influence on him. "I hope R&D doesn't expect me to help out on every project of theirs. I think it'd lead to a lot more headaches."

On the other hand, he mused, if he got to work with people like Socks, it might not be so bad. He could always use more friends, regardless of gender.

BanditRingtail

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/banditringtail/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Tigermark stood to the side to allow Darius to continue assigning the recruits.

"Take your time, Darius. Milady Overlord asked me to come down and help out where and when you need. Plus I need to see if any of the new recruits are flight-capable."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:03 pm

As Shard speaks, Lexaniri would start to draw back the bow, stopping and holding her breath before releasing another arrow. A short splash was seen in the shallows as the arrow disappeared into the water. “Heh, can’t be nearly as much as stalking and hunting, though that is at a much slower and sedate pace most times,’ she responded as she moved over towards where the splash broke the surface. Drawing up another fair sized fish she walked fairly close to where Shard had set to relax. “Names Lexaniri, by the way. So what brings you here, it can’t be comfortable here being so… fluffy,” she said putting the fish into the basket. She would need to see about selling these shortly. The cooks may be interested in the fish and ingredients, especially as meal time would come up shortly. “It seems that a variety of people have come here to this… training camp,” she would observe as she stepped out, not seeming to make much adu about her soaked leg fur. Out of the water, it seemed that she might appear taller than estimated initially, letting her shorter fur air dry.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:29 pm

"I'll admit it was a concern of mine at first." Shard said putting his feed back in the Water. "I was fretting about it on the boat ride over from my home isle. But once I got here...It's actually not that bad." He picked up a small flat stone from nearby and tossed it so it skipped across the surface of the water at least six times, Shard couldn't help but smile at that. "I couldn't do that too often back home" he said motioning to the now sunken stone. "The ponds are pretty much always frozen over."
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:26 pm

Keir stepped out of the way of the brothers, tipping his hat in a gesture of greeting, then walked into the tent.

"G'd-afternoon Mr. ... Darius," he said politely, bowing his head a little and reading the name tag on the officer's jacket. "I am Keir Mahlonne, and am here to see what information there is ta pick up and find a place of work. Or if there are specific assignments for I to complete."

Keir looked over his shoulder at the striped officer standing behind him, a look of excitement breaching Keir's face.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Koichi18 Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:58 am

On one of the civilian vessels, the orange fox stood on the starboard bow. His eyes widen from the number of tents all around.
"Wow! there are so many people around."
  While unaware, Koichi stumbles from the boat's walk ladder and is stopped by a bulky crewman. He apologizes as he is then directed to his small brown chest. Amazed, Koichi walked through the tents of all the applicable recruits. Spinning around slowly every now and then to get better looks at anything that caught his eye. He then became distracted at the recruits sparring as the thought finally sunk into his head.
"oh...I forgot where I was assigned to go..."
  Koichi began asking around to each recruit he saw where everyone managed to stop by the moment they arrived. Some recruits helped direct him to where he had to go, but still managed to get himself lost within all the tents.
"I think I should go see someone that is not in the sparring area. Oh, there is someone that just came out of a tent."
 Koichi moves towards the one recruit that stepped out of the tent.
"Excuse me! where we have to see for any new assignments?"

Last edited by Koichi18 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Koichi18
Koichi18

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/koichi18/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:00 am

Darius raised his eyes and then lowered them again to his desk, finding his file and thumbing through it. "Steele" He corrected. "Commander Darius Steele" He flipped to a page and pulled out a slip of paper that he had been giving to every recruit. "Heres your tent number, says here you're looking into a guard or a merchant."

He flinched and steadied himself on his cane as he got up. "Get yourself acquainted, find your tent, your training begins tomorrow." He slid the head of his cane over the flap and pulled it back, leaning on the desk.

"Dismissed, And do tell Shard, That mutant he's talking with, the racoon and the fox assembling shock poles to also report to my tent. I'll see you tomorrow."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:38 am

Finally arrived! Garran stretched his wings a bit. It has been a long journey.
He picked up his pack; and his mechanical arm finally decided to give up and die with a zapping noise. The frictions, without energy, locked the hand around his bag.

“Good. Battery failure. Stupid piece of junk.” He murmured. Well, he wished to report as soon as possible, but the first thing was obviously finding a mechanic.

He walked around a bit, until he noticed a group working around some pieces of technology. Curiosity overwhelmed any immediate need and he approached them.

“Hello guys. Can I have a look?” and took a piece from the hand of a black-green haired fox.
He examined the thing for a bit. “Oh.” Then looked to the other elements. “Oh, I got it. It’s some weird teaser weapon. Can some connect these? Wonderful. I’d make it myself but I’m having some technical problems…”

In a few moments the device was complete.
“Now, I think this should work…” said, and touched his mechanical wrist with the pole.
Light. The shock managed to unlock the fingers and his bag fell on the ground.

After a few seconds he shook his head. “Wow… That was… a blast.”

Only then he focused on the people in front of him. “Oh, I’m so sorry! When I fiddle with technology I’m a bit asocial. I’m sorry I didn’t look polite at all. My name’ s Garran. Garran White” and offered his hand to everyone.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:09 am

While wandering the camp and getting his bearings he watches the hustle and bustle in the camp.
He sees a small Marten in a treebranch on the edge of the camp.
slowly he wanders to the tree and looks up.
" hey ho up there !" he calls up to the Japanese marten. Now that he is closer he can see her markings on her face better
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:07 pm

"You know, I don't think you ever told me your name," Socks said to her friend as he fiddled with the device he was working on. A new person came over, interested in the devices. Socks handed him the piece she was working on at his request.

Once he examined it and the other pieces, finally, someone figured out what the heck these things were! "Oh, I got it. It's some weird teaser weapon," he said. Socks was giddy when she finally learned what she was doing for the past 4 hours.

She gladly hooked together the bits the new person requested, and handed it to him. Socks looked on quizzically as he shocked his own arm, and realized it was mechanical when it loosened it's locked grip.

Once the stranger introduced himself, Socks replied, "That's okay! I can kind of get the same way. I go by Socks, and this is my friend who was just about to tell me his name..."
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Shard approached the Officers tent like he had been told to before he went in he made sure his uniform was neat and tidy he then went inside and stood to attention. "Sir. Recruit Shard Loren reporting as requested, Sir." He didn't know why Commander Steele wanted to see him and that was the only thing he was nervous about. "You wanted to see me Sir?"
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Secateur Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:38 pm

As the ship reached Kua'kua, the bat rose to his feet, and picked up his bag. As Eddie approached the railing, he had to briefly explain himself to a member of the crew. He proceeded to stretch his wings, scale the railing, and after a short flight and glide, land on the shore. While he now had skipped the line, he was clearly in no hurry, once ashore. After taking in the sights and smells of the shore, Eddie slung his bag over his shoulder, and started ambling towards the boot camp.

Eventually he made it to the boot camp. During his approach, he had noticed some traffic in and out of one tent in particular. He made his way to that tent, and as he did, another person approached just before him. Eddie was okay with that, he was in no hurry. He thought he recognized some of the people entering the tent from the boat, so he was fairly certain they were new, like himself, but approached the nearby people nonetheless, and asked with a smile, "Excuse me, is this the reception for new people?" Almost before they had time to affirm, Eddie dropped his bag to the ground, before he sat down himself. Almost immediately he rose up again, still smiling, and proffered his hand. "Eddie, by the way".
Secateur
Secateur

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Darius narrowed his eyes. He'd had wanted for all four of them to be present but it seemed he'd have to deal with what he was given. He flexed a hand on his cane as he leaned back and sized Shard up. With difficulty he moved to the flap of the tent. "Stay here" he ordered, before slowly walking out to round up Lex, Socks and Devon. Once he had managed to usher them into the tent he sat back down behind his desk.

For a few uncomfortable moments he glared at them with his steel grey eyes, his jaw set as he tapped his cane, choosing his words very carefully. Finally he interlocked his fingers looking down at thier files. "Did you not see the line forming at my tent for new assignments? I do hope you don't ignore my orders with the same proclivity. From now on everyone on this island reports directly to me unless I say otherwise, is that clear?" He got up again, trying hard not so show that the movement hurt.

"You are here to join the overlord's service, or to indirectly serve her in some other capacity. To live on Isla Aukate alone should be considered a privilege. It falls on me, then, to determine where you will eventually end up."

He eyed Lex. "You'll leave your weapons with me, whatever you caught will be turned over to the cooks. I assure you we have taken into consideration every herbivore, carnivore, omnivore and insectivore diet. You will find everything is provided for you, mess halls serve fresh meat fruit and vegetables and a wide array of fish and insects. This is not your standard army gruel and hard tack. That may suffice for human military but our resources are far more robust."

Finally his eyes fell on Socks and Devon. "I don't know what idiot it was that told you to put together shock poles without instructions or training, and I would like their name. Untill further notice you're in training with everyone else." He pulled back the flap on the tent. "Five laps around the training grounds. I'll give you your assignments when you finish. Move it. You are being timed." He pulled a stop watch out from his lapel and switched it on.

"And that goes for anyone else out here that isn't in this line in the next five minutes. I don't want to be here all day. Snap to it!"

Last edited by Admin on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Sunny sat contentedly up in the tree, watching the people moving in camp, and keeping an eye out in case something of particular interest happened. She saw so many different creatures she was unfamiliar with. Her home had been diverse but not quite as much as this group. This was more than the diversity of one island group, this was the whole chain coming together for a purpose.

Her reverie, though, was interrupted as she heard a voice calling up. Her ears perked at the sound and she glanced down, spying a large brown bear on the ground. She didn't recognize him, but now was the time to meet new people, so she hopped nimbly up on her branch and scurried back to the main body of the tree, clambering down with practiced ease. At the last several feet of the trunk, she pushed off and hopped down, landing lightly on her toes and smiling as she straightened up, "Hello there-"

Sunny stopped short, ears tipping toward the sound of Commander Steele's voice across the open ground. He didn't sound happy. She winced and glanced back at the bear, "I hope you already reported in. It seems like it's been pretty hairy around here. But it's nice to meet you. I'm Sunny."

She reached out a small brown hand, tilting her head.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Once dismissed Socks stood up, and with a sheepish "Yes, sir" left to complete her laps. She made her way to the perimeter path and started jogging, not exactly the most athletic of the group. She kept pace, or at least tried to, with the raccoon that she'd spent the past 4 hours with, and still didn't know his name. "At this rate, I'll never find out who you are," she said with a chuckle. "I hope that person doesn't get in too much trouble, the one who told us to put those things together. I don't think he knew that we weren't signed in yet."
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:16 pm

Garran was left behind when the man caught up the others. He still didn’t get the other guy’s name. Maybe later. For a few minutes he remained silent, twirling the pole in his hand. Then they emerged from the tent, ears down, hastily running towards what seemed a track field.

‘I wish they didn’t get into much trouble. That man seemed really angry; I wonder what the issue was. Well, I’ll talk to them later.’ And with that thought he headed to the tent himself.

There was already one person in line, waiting: a brown bat, sitting on his bag. He stood near him, quietly.
“What’s this smell?”
Garran watched around, then lowered his eyes to his prosthetic arm. Between the inert metallic gears and cables was dripping a yellow liquid. “Great, really. The battery’s leaking. Anyway, hello. My name’s Garran. Nice to meet you.”
He planted the pole on the ground and offered his good hand.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:10 pm

He takes the offered hand from Sunny and gives it a light squezz "MY name is Angus, Angus O'Brown, and yes already reported in got my tentnumber and moved in."
He looks back at the tent of the commander "At least we know now that we shouldn´t try anything ...stupid and get in trouble.
Neverless I just saw you sitting in the tree and just was curious."
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next