Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character: Mikia

Go down

Character: Mikia Empty Character: Mikia

Post by Tygon Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:28 am

Name: Mikia
Island of birth: Tiurai
Preferred occupation: Barber/Hair Stylist
Species: Lion
Eye color: Turquoise
Hair color: Dark Red
Height (in feet and inches): 6 feet and 2 inches

Brief character description: Mikia is tall and strong in build, much like one would expect from a lioness. She is quite curvy too, a very good looking lady, and she knows it. As a result she is quite a flirt. Her mane is done up in dreadlocks, which always manage to hide one of her eyes. Her fur is of the tawny, sand coloration that is typical for lions. Mikia is quite fond of jewelry, not to the extreme, but she owns a collection of earrings, rings for fingers, toes and tail as well as bellychains. Also, she is almost never seen without her newsboy cap. She also sports a tattoo just above her tail of two tribal lions with their tails entwined and wrapped around her own tail.

Character background/history: Mikia was born and grew up on Tiurai. One of many siblings, she learned quite early that she had a liking for hair (and fur) styling. With communal grooming usual among the lions, she had many a chance to practice and refine her abilities. Eventually, as a fully grown lioness Mikia made it her goal to do hair styling for a living. Unfortunately she had to learn that on her home island there simply weren't enough people interested in that for her to make enough money to support herself. So she set out to find a different place where she might find work.

Tygon

Back to top Go down

Character: Mikia Empty Re: Character: Mikia

Post by Tygon Sun May 18, 2014 12:09 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this, and this place made sense to me. Sorry if it should have been somewhere else.

I regret to inform you that I will official withdraw from any and all RP activities on this forum. Please consider Mikia to be no part of this setting anymore. Since I haven't been that active I don't think this will cause much of a problem.

I have thought a lot about this over the past days and come to the conclusion that it is the best way. For one, I just don't have the spare attention for proper participation. And, more importantly, I have come to realize that this just isn't the right place for me.

Please allow me to elaborate. This is in no way meant as a negative comment to Foxena, the setting or any other player. This place is too different from the RPs I am used to. All the forum RPs I have participated in were more along the lines of collaborative story writing, with posts of greater length. These shorter post I see here feel more fitting for a real-time IRC style RP, which I have done a lot of myself. However, while they are fun to participate in, I find them very tedious to read after the fact. As such, I see all the new posts here and find it more of an annoyance than a joy to try and read them.

Again, I don't mean to be negative about the RP or its participants. Its the format that I have a problem with, and that is my problem, not the problem of the forum.

But I think the more important factor for me is that I don't have the freedom here that I am used to when RPing. I am used to settings that allow you a great deal of liberty, which I simply don't have here. And while I completely understand the reasoning for it, having to have changed my character twice because of the species didn't help. I find the setting interesting but not interesting enough to help through these issues I have.

So, in short, I won't be RPing here anymore.

I wish you all the fun and joy that is to be found in RPs.

All the Best

Tygon

Tygon

Back to top Go down