Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day Three: Training continues.

+22
DeanFox
Zenny
Ledoux
Archeus
Coyotecanuck
Solitair
Rotors91
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Tamara
Nightwolf1513
Technocupcake
Akkarri
Sylvian
tobi3B
TheSphinx
Tygon
Astralin
Tigermark
Whitetail
Merrihop
Darius Steele
26 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 5 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by Astralin Sun May 18, 2014 2:13 am

Jack relaxed a little and looked to darius, "Uh General Steele sir, where uh.. where do we get the bags that we will use to hold the foods that we find?" He was certain that at least a few of the recruits were asking the same thing
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 5 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by Zenny Sun May 18, 2014 2:50 am

Zenny looked up from his food daze as Ledoux was moved onto the same cot and looked into her eyes, sensing she was extremely worried about him. He moved his muzzle into the front of her chest fur and nuzzled up and down reassuring her in his own way that he was ok. As the tent flap opened yet again more newcomers streamed inside, quickly making him feel a bit overwhelmed given they were in an unknown place and the current situation.

He laid his head down against his sister’s front paws with his ears perked up, listening to the back and forth exchange between Ledoux and the others in the room. His attention was mostly focused on General Darius as he looked him over intently, never having come across anything like him before. At the mention of what they were to do about their situation from the General he looked up at his sister for support, clearly whatever she decided to do he would surely follow closely behind.

He looked down as the marten set some strange looking objects in front of the cot, noting it was the same strange stuff everyone seemed to have over top their own fur. As the tiger in the tent questioned how they were holding up the young kits demeanor changed as he lifted his head, his little tail coming to life to sway back and forth. Despite the amount of bandages and how dirty they both still were they probably looked the worse for the wear.
Zenny
Zenny

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sun May 18, 2014 5:16 am

Angus gives Keir a sharp nod " On your command Keir "he chuckles " the Commander should see that we are better and more disciplined than base ops " his ears swiveled in the direction of the sharp commanding voice of the commander steele.
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Sun May 18, 2014 10:51 am

Lex responded “Yes, sir,” even though she was hoping for something a bit different.

“Yesterday they had the bags behind the Mess Tent, I doubt they have been relocated from there,” she said trying to bring the others up to speed. “There is plenty to find, if you know what you’re looking for. I found a small grove about a 10 minute hike from here. Several fruit trees are in season, and we all should be able to fill up the bags fairly easily. But I do warn, After I found it, I heard a few creatures stirring in the bushes. Most likely a fair food source for the wild boar and other such creatures in the area, so be watchful. You do not want to be on the wrong end of the charge of one of them.” She said indicating the willingness to help guild them to the location.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwolf1513 Sun May 18, 2014 1:50 pm

As she stood in line standing straight with her wings closed to her, she saw someone walking up to her. A fur mouse with curly hair and smelled some of dead bodies, Night stood there and listen to what she had to say. This is a new experience for Night and she hopes to learn from her mistakes "Yes Ma'am"

She had to tread carefully of what she is going to do next, she takes a deep breath and claims herself. After Commander Steele gave out his orders about either getting their uniforms or gathering food. The gather food sounded nice to her and with her wings she might be able to get fruit that are high in the trees. As the Commander lets us go she looks for the two furs that she meet already, she walks to them "I am very sorry if I gotten the both of you in trouble like that. I want to make it up to you if possible if we all go gathering food and such"

She looks over to Lex and smiles "That sounds like a good idea, I can help as well since I have wings and back home I was a very good hunter"
Nightwolf1513
Nightwolf1513

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Sun May 18, 2014 3:14 pm

“Well it’s not a big problem, but we have a limited time to take care of our task,” she said staying on task addressing the other recruits. “You’re free to go and search on your own, as it would be good to know where several sources are. But as it stands we have only the hour and the grove I found yesterday contained ohi’a ‘ai or Mountain Apples, Guava, and several berry bushes and Lilikoi in the area; plenty to fill our packs. I even came across some Kava roots, but I’m not sure who would all use them. Some use them for medicine, but it pretty much is the equivalent of alcohol that they are used most for. Biggest thing to remember, the most sunlit portions of the fruiting plants tend to have the most ripened fruit. Beyond that, just take your time and consider what you’re putting in your bag and where. Berries in the bottom with larger Guava and the like might leave you with mashed up berries by the time you get back to the camp.”

“Night,” she said addressing the winged wolf, “That should be useful. But just to note, we won’t be having hunting implements. Like yesterday we are gathering, not hunting. So if we run into a rather stubborn boar or the like, our best is to avoid it and hope it doesn’t try and make our lives difficult. Some of them can be quite… stubborn.” She said aiding the group with some helpful advice.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Sun May 18, 2014 3:21 pm

Shard Waved off Nights apology "Don't worry about it" he said. "Now if the two of you will excuse me I need to change into something a little more work friendly. He then left to change into some cleaning gear and after exiting the changing tent he double check he had every thing he would need. Satisfied he began to make his way towards tent 3.
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Darius approached Lex and the rest of the Base opps before he left for the military tent. "I appreciate the sudden interest in teamwork Mis Lex...but I fear the point of this exercise is for each individual to find thier own food source or to find new ones. That said, I want for you to split up and gather individually." He eyed Night. "and if I find that anyone gathered together they'll be cleaning out the latrines for the remainder of the day. ALLRIGHT all of you you have an hour! stop milling about and go gather supplies!"

He chuckled to himself and motioned to Sunny to head toward the military tent with him, upon his arrival he was happy to see everyone lined up  and doing thier best to look like proper troops. "Ahhh well isn't this a nice surprise after what I've seen today." He smiled at Keir. "Mark put you in charge I gather? Astute... it seems you have everyone behaving nicely... right then I think Commander Tigermark had you slated for PT this morning so drop and give me fifty, step lively now!"

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Sun May 18, 2014 5:00 pm

"Yes sir." He listened to Lex give her explanation, "As much as this grove sounds like a great place for food gathering, it also sounds like a place where the wild animals go to get their own feed so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some boars or something watching over their territory. So I'd suggest going to it, but thank you for the information." He followed the others to retrieve the bags before turning to the expansive jungle letting out a sigh, "Wonder what the overlord's policy is when it comes to protecting yourself against ferals and non-sentients."

He began at a jogging pace towards the brush diving deep into the terrain jungle or forest he loved it, after a few minutes of jogging through the foliage he slowed to a leisure walk keeping his eyes out for any foods root or fruit, after a few minutes all he had managed to find were a handful of edible mushrooms picking a nice little bundle from the colony he left the others to regrow, setting the ones he picked into a neat little pile on his empty rucksack he found a low hanging Tree plucking several of it's large leaves, "These should work." he returned to his pack and wrapped the mushrooms in the leaf creating a miniature case for them using the over-sized foliage stuffing the others in his pack as well wanting to keep them handy for other small catches.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sun May 18, 2014 5:40 pm

Keir watched as the General walked over towards them from the Base Ops tent. "Alright recruits, prepare for attention," Keir called to militants around him. As General Steele approached, Keir called out the order. "Recruits, ... TEN-TION!" He yells out and salutes in time with others. He snaps his handpaw up in the correct fashion and waits until General Steele acknowledges the salute.

"Yes sir that is correct. Commander Tigermark has left myself in charge until you arrive," Keir replies to the General as he approaches. Once Steel gives the orders, Keir nods to others to follow suite as he drops to his hand- and feetpaws and begins to d his push ups, calling out the chant in a three-count set.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Sun May 18, 2014 8:01 pm

The bothers had taken Garran's hint to be quiet, and after they saw Darius heading for the tent they decided that their body was too big to stay inside. It would be better to give the people who had the situation under control their space. Alec glanced back at Dr. Greymyst and have him an apologetic smile as they left the tent.

Once outside, they walked back over to the other R&D trainees, with Niko keeping his eyes on Socks, at least until Alec pointed out someone else.

"Hey, what's this?" Alec asked Whitetail. "More help for the project? Nice to meet you!"

He reached out with the lowest hand on their right to shake with Whitetail and introduced himself. She managed to steal Niko and Lukas's attention, getting introductions from them, too.

"Did we miss anything important?" Lukas asked Archeus. "We thought we'd check up on the injured castaways for a spell. Garran's still there, so perhaps we should fetch him if we need him to finish our presentation.
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Sun May 18, 2014 9:13 pm

Tamara chuckled too and made a quick shake of her head to Keir. "Don't worry about that. If anything, I should be the one to apologize," she said, whispering as well, "for almost ordering the others around despite the fact that you were the one put in charge, 'Sir'," she continued, the quotations marks heard as she spoke, but it was in a quite friendly, and a bit playful, tone.

Then she took her place in the rank, aligning with the others, standing up straight and proud, waiting for the imminent arrival of the General. The tigress straightened more and saluted as Tigermark showed them, in sync with the other military recruits standing next to her.

She followed suite when Darius ordered them to do push-ups, dropping to her hands and feetpaws and beginning the exercise, trying to keep the rhythm set by Keir as he gave the three-count set. The rhythm wasn't perfect, as she was more used to working alone, as a scout or even when hunting, though the push-ups themselves were obviously not a problem for the tigress.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Sun May 18, 2014 9:59 pm

“I’m sorry, Sir,” Lex responded before Darius left. If that was what he wanted, who was she to question it?

“Well then, I guess I’m off to find something new,” she said, “Good luck,” she said indicating she wasn’t going to waste any more time as she moved towards the exit of the tent, to go and retrieve a bag and move on. She wasn’t one to waste a source that was greater than she could handle, but she usually had little trouble finding at least something to gather up. She paused taking a look at the weather, then moved off along the edge of the beach, heading towards the west.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Sun May 18, 2014 10:52 pm

As Lucas spoke "Did we miss anything important?"
Archeus smiled "I was just putting the finishing touches on our model. If you want we can do a dry run on our presentation?"
Archeus reached in her briefcase and pulled out her notes and drawings and handed them over. "How does this look?"
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Sun May 18, 2014 11:12 pm

"That is probably a good idea," Socks replied to Archeus. She began to organize the notes she had collected to try and get them in an easy to understand format. "Do you want me to start working on the presentation diagrams?"

Once she had straightened out her notes she gave them back to Archeus to look over one last time. She wandered over to the supplies, looking for some poster board to start putting together the presentation.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Mon May 19, 2014 12:21 am

When the commander came to look over them he salutes in sync with the others and dropped on all fours to do the push ups with the others.
He really enjoyed the close up push ups with his comrades.It gaves him a feeling of belonging.
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwolf1513 Mon May 19, 2014 12:34 am

She still felt like she caused some sort of trouble for Shard and Lex "Alright...if you say so" She think about how her stills will come to use, because of hunting she can had a idea how to use animal tracks to her advantage and how fruit trees need some sort of rich soil to bare an grow fruit "I had a feeling we won't use tools...but the basic skills of any hunter is to use their senses to find the animal...there is a chance we can use that to find many bushes or trees that bare fruit, things like I learned as hunter"

As the Commander spoke behind her the fur on her tail started to bristle, as she was a little scared for a second. She quickly turn around to look at the Commander "Yes Sir.." As the Commander left, she looks back at Lex "Well then...it seems we have to gather our own fruit. Thank you for the info I will keep that in mind and I hope maybe we can get dinner later" She waves to Lex as she heads to the tent to gather the supplies that was needed to gathering of fruit. She remembers that the Overlord's Island had many trees or other plants bore fruit and would be useful. She takes a deep breath and took off into the sky, she flew close to the tree tops as she uses her skills to find any trees that bore fruit
Nightwolf1513
Nightwolf1513

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Mon May 19, 2014 7:48 pm

Archeus nodded, "Thanks Socks. I think I saw a tripod in the back, I'll be right back." Archeus walked to the cabinets in the rear and retrieved the poster tripod. "Here we go." As she set it up.
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Mon May 19, 2014 9:03 pm

Charon wasn't feeling too steady on his feet and it was quite evident the way he took a few steps between the cots and hanging on each as he regain his balance at each stop he made.  He heard some voice from the front of the medical tent and he thought he recognized the white tiger which was speaking to the receptionist and two foxes.  He felt determined to at least explain himself for being absent for so long even if it wasn't his fault for the current malady he was feeling, well maybe it was.  He wobbled his way to the where the white tiger was and waited patiently for him to speak to the cheetah.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Tue May 20, 2014 12:24 am

Not wanting to to upset the General more than he already was, Keir called out the final few counts and push-ups, watching the other recruits out of his peripheral vision. As the last call was counted, Keir jumped his feetpaws up to his chest, similar to a Turkish Get Up move, then stood erect before the commander with the others following suite shortly after him.

"Sir!" Keir saluted again, waiting for the acknowledgement from General Steele to relax or be put at ease. Keir could feel his heart pounding and his pulse racing, hoping that it wasn't visible as to how nervous he was. This was really only the second or third time he had met the man in charge, and Keir was worried he would mess something up. He also hoped that he hadn't gone too fast or too slow or anything like that when doing the counts for the push-ups. And besides, if Keir did do that, he was sure Angus and Razor would screw with him about it for a while; jokingly, of course.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Tue May 20, 2014 12:52 am

Sunny glanced up at Darius as they started the recruits on their push ups. Keir seemed to be doing a great job calling the count, and frankly the marten was impressed with the precision of the group as a whole.

She glanced up at the Commander with raised eyebrows, murmuring in mild awe, "I must have missed a lot more yesterday than I thought..."

When the count ended, she gave her friends a proud smile. She doubted she could have done quite as well, but she was pleased to see them all pulling together. If it came to military precision, she was probably sorely outranked by her friends.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Tue May 20, 2014 4:12 am

After the push ups he gets up standing straight and breathing hard he looks at sunny and smiles briefly trying to get his breathing under controll
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue May 20, 2014 6:52 am

While Tigermark waited for Dr. Sylvian to sort himself out (the wolf was sorely lacking in sleep, he noted) and answer, he noticed the cheetah recruit he'd seen during check-in. The feline was making his way up along the line of cots, looking none too steady on his feet. The cheetah came to an unsteady halt, and seemed to be waiting to speak. Tigermark excused himself from the doctor for a moment.

"Pardon me a moment, Dr. Sylvian, and our guests."

He then spoke to the cheetah.

"Steady Recruit, ah, Bond, isn't it? What's wrong?"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Tue May 20, 2014 7:15 am

The brothers watched as Archeus and Socks began preparing the presentation. "Uh, is there anything the three of us should be doing?" Alec asked them. "Just to help out and all."
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Tue May 20, 2014 12:21 pm

Razor was pretty thrilled to see the human commander amongst the troops, checking their progress and ability to work as a unit. Despite not being in military training long, he was excited to show the commander just what he and the others were capable. Saluting with the rest of them when the order was given, he kept his posture firm and tight before dropping down into the push ups.

Keir was doing a pretty fantastic job of leading them in the counts...buuuuut, that wouldn't stop him from teasing him for fun. Later.

Once the final call was giving, he returned to his erect position, expectant eyes wandering from Keir to Commander Steel. Hopefully their performance was satisfactory.
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next