Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canon Vs Noncanon

Go down

Canon Vs Noncanon Empty Canon Vs Noncanon

Post by Archeus Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:12 pm

Something else that makes this neat is the ability to have both canon related art, side by side with the non-canon art.
I have for instance the Icon art work and Archeus at the drafting table. But I had an insane idea after "The bunny-ray incident" that inspired the "With a little help from his friends" piece with Bane, Archeus and Deanfox. This is a good example of the non-canon art. Non-canon art is usually associated with fan art of something.
According to Wikipedia:
In fiction, canon is the material accepted as "official" in a fictional universe. It is often contrasted with, or used as the basis for, works of fan fiction. The term "canon" can be used either as a noun, referring to "the original work from which the fan fiction author borrows,"[1] or as an adjective to describe whether or not certain elements are accepted as authoritative parts of the fictional universe.[2] Fan-fiction would be described as "non-canon," while an event from the official source material would be "canon." The alternative term mythology is often used, especially to refer to a richly detailed fictional canon requiring a large degree of suspension of disbelief (e.g. an entire imaginary world and history).
So yeah getting to have both side by side on the same page is wonderful.
And I may get to add another piece to the non-canon collection tonight.
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum