Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rotor's Lit Thread

5 posters

Go down

Rotor's Lit Thread Empty Rotor's Lit Thread

Post by Rotors91 Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:11 pm

Here I'll post drabbles related to the RP, Razor's past, and a little series I'll call "Razor's Man Diary" which will basically consist of journal entries that I will write in character. They'll give insights on Razor's feelings about the people he's met and things he's experienced, so if you want to know what he thinks about your character, give them a read and you just might find out! <3

I'm not the best writer, I will warn you now, haha. But Comments and Suggestions are ALWAYS welcome!
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Rotor's Lit Thread Empty Razor's Man Diary (RMD) Entry 1

Post by Rotors91 Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:55 am

Day 1: My First Day

Razor sat on his cot and stared. There was a blank piece of paper and a pen in front of him, lying there, waiting. He sighed. Writing a journal was something he never thought he would do, as he found it...a bit dumb. What was the big deal about writing what happened in everyday life? Its not like he planned to write an autobiography any time soon.

But mom had INSISTED he keep one every day, even though she wasn’t even the one to suggest it. That’d be Daddy Pa’s doing. The quirky man was always trying to get him to try something new, and wouldn’t rest until Razor at least TRIED. The walrus was a persistent one, Razor would give him that. Looking down at the blank paper, a sigh escaped his lips as a webbed hand dragged down his face. Mom had bought him a really nice journal to write his entries in, plus some pretty expensive stationary for letters…and they’d basically been ruined during his impromptu swimming excursion to the island. That’d be one heck of a story to share and he would be sure to let her know she was partially the one to blame….

A monstrous yawn escaped his mouth and he shook off the sleep threatening to cloud his concentration, “Ugh..better get this thing written ‘for I fall asleep..”

Picking up the pen, he tapped it to his bottom lip before putting it to the paper:

Dear

He paused here before continuing.

…Man Diary,

I dunno how this is goin’ work, but we’ll see. Daddy Pa insists its important for a man to take time to sit down and reflect on his days..or somethin’. Spouted some mess about every day is a gift and should be treasured. I mean, yeah, its not like I don’t agree.  I treasure living and all that…but do I really have to write about it? Ugh, it just seems so redundant. Anyway, gettin’ on a tangent, gonna tell myself about my day now.

Uh, today started out…bad. Just really, really bad.  That freakin’ alarm clock momma bought me a few months ago? The one that was guaranteed never to fail for at least three years? Yeah. False advertising at its finest. The one time I really need the stupid ugly thing to work, it fails. It fails big freakin’ time. And you know what that fail cost me? A nice boat ride and all of my snacks. Oh, and that stationary mom bought among some other things, but that ain’t nearly as important as my snack stash, no sir. Thank goodness I didn’t bring Charlotte with me…doubt her strings would have done too hot under salt water for all that time. OH, why was salt water an issue you ask, dear Man Diary? Well, cuz I had to freakin’ SWIM to the island to get there on time for sign up. For crying out loud, I’m a shark and I found the swim REALLY unpleasant due to the luggage had had to drag along.

So yeah, that’s how the day started, and I fully intend to let Momma know that’s her fault. Hopefully my suffering will teach her not to buy everything she sees just cuz “Its looks cute”. It’s the cute that gets you momma.

After that…well, things improved. I met some really cool people here already. One of them…never got their name, gave me some stuff to water proof my bags. The wet bags are still sitting in the corner drying out at the moment, but I’ll be sure to put that stuff to use, believe me. Some interesting characters on this island, lemme tell ya. Conjoined triplets (really nice guys), a mega tall blue winged tigress, and…some hybrid lookin’ woman…I don’t even know man, but they a legit group, that’s all I really have to say at this point.

Oh, the head commander is human, by the way. DID NOT SEE THAT COMING OK? Not entirely sure how a feel about the guy, was kinda in and out…his voice is some raspy though…like dang. The other commander…Tigermark I think. He seems pretty cool. Got to run an errand for him after I’d gotten my uniform and some food in my stomach.

OH DANG, the uniform fits me pretty dang well! I didn’t even have to rip a hole out for my dorsal..and it makes me look soooome fine if I do say so myself! AND THE FOOD. Don’t get me started on the food. They have ALL my favorites, shell fish out the WAZOO, ya’ feel me? Nothing like momma’s food, but its pretty dang close.

That’s basically the gist of what went down today…at least all that stood out. Start training bright and early to tomorrow, mega excited about that. I just looked at the clock and I really should have been asleep already…but I still have to write that letter to Momma and Daddy Pa…I’ll just be lazy and copy half the stuff I put here. Not like they’ll be reading in my man diary anyway…’least I hope not…

Razor paused, looking over what he’d written. His hand writing was rather…neat, despite the paper being riddled with cross outs from misspellings and the like. His family and friends had always commented on how girly his hand writing actually looked, yet after all these years he still had a hard time seeing it. He could never wrap his mind around how one could assign a hand-writing style a gender…it just made no sense. Re-reading his entry, he snickered at some of his own comments and decided that was good enough for his first time, despite the overall choppiness and quick topic switches. Grabbing a another piece of paper, he copied parts relative to his parents’ interests, chickening out when it came to blaming his mom for his misfortunes…

Once done, he folded the letter and stowed both it and his journal entry in a safe place, hoping there was a way to get mail sent out to family and friends. Another yawn informed him that would be a problem for another day, and he rubbed his face with both hands, plopping backwards ungracefully on his pillow. Tomorrow couldn’t come soon enough in his humble, exhausted opinion.
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Rotor's Lit Thread Empty Re: Rotor's Lit Thread

Post by Merrihop Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:12 am

Oh that made me giggle! Man Diary! I love it! Good job!
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:19 am

Nice! Well done, well in-character entry.

TM
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:07 pm

Man, please, tell me that you speak like that in everyday life too!

You made a wonderful job shaping Razor's personality, and this makes no exception.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Hehe nice diary
you bring Razor in the right perpective with it ^^
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:02 pm

@Merri: Haha, glad you enjoyed it! Razor has to keep up his manly image

@TM: thanks! Razor is a fun character to play

@Sphinx: I do talk like that depending on my mood, but I usually can speak properly when the time calls for it, haha! with Razor its a whole 'notha story!  

Thanks a lot! Im really happy with how his character is shaping out!

@Tobi: Thank you! I really hope these journals let people get a better view of his personality
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down