Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

+23
Darius Steele
Hector Fen
Garret Silver
Archeus
Artemis
Akkarri
Schemmer
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
KeirStryker95
Socks the Fox
Dragonwolf
Solitair
Sylvian
TheSphinx
Secateur
Tigermark
KRancourt
Rotors91
tobi3B
Shard Loren
Merrihop
Admin
27 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) Empty Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Admin Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:01 pm

(this is for people who have checked and and received their uniforms in the "the island of kua'kua" thread, once you have done this you are free to report in this thread to your respective officers, Darius and Tigermark and Areta for military/base operations, and Wolfbane for R&D.)

Bane arrived off the boat in her usual fashion. She didn't exactly look the part of the Head of the Research and Development department and she was already preparing herself for the incredulous looks. "They must think our forces are insane" She thought to herself. "A human running the military and a freak quadruped wolf running research." She carried her bag of supplies in her mouth and unceremoniously slipped into Darius's tent before too many could see her.

"How went the first day?" she inquired, a little grin on her muzzle as she set down her bag for a moment to talk.

Darius stretched his back having been preparing most of the early morning for training of the recruits. "Humbling." He muttered turning toward the red wolf. "Fox definitely drives home the point that she doesn't show favoritism to the officers she fancies."

Bane gave a wry smile. "Just as well... you want the troops to respect you, that would be harder if they thought you got this position exclusively because Fox 'fancied' you."

"Ha! We both know the truth. I gave her a run for her money when I was playing for Titan." He paused looking down at her to meet her eyes."How is my Daughter?"

"She is doing fine, last I checked." Bane nosed through her bag and pulled out a digital tablet and carefully handed it to him. "You forgot this, you can talk to her on it, later of course."

"Yes... it's about time to assemble the troops in the respective areas. You'll be helping Sylvian in Research and medical... "

Bane gave a toothy grin. "I know, why else would I be here."

"To scare the everloving daylights out of people?"

"That too." Bane frowned for a moment. "But that is not my intention. I do not want people to fear me."

"That's an unavoidable part of command, Wolfbane. People will be scared of you."

"People fear you for different reasons than they fear me, Darius." Bane snorted through her nostrils. "If I am to be feared then let it be for my authority and not because I can bite them."

Darius chuckled. "Then I suggest you don't play to your strengths in that regaurd."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Bane sat on her haunches looking at him with a tilited head.

"Well.. try not to ah... flash your teeth for starters when intimidating someone, use a cold glare instead. It speaks authoritarian and not 'oh crap a wolf is going to attack me.' Don't appeal to your...ah... baser instincts as it were. I know it's difficult for you, my dear, but I'm trying to help you, really." He reached out and gently stroked her head between her ears.

"I know you are, its just... difficult. I will try though." She picked up her bag again and held the tent flap open for him. The two of them walked out to the main training grounds where the troops were waiting in a throng.

Darius eyed the group and straightend himself on the cane. "Right! attention recruits! All those whom were yesterday designated to Research and Development and its various departments, you will be working alongside my Colleague Wolfbane and Sylvian. The rest of you will answer to myself, Commander Tigermark, or Lieutenant Areta, for Military and Base operation training respectively. Form up and we'll get started!

Last edited by Admin on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Merrihop Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Sunny had stood patiently with the other recruits while Commander Steele prepared for the day's training. When he did emerge, though, her eyes went wide at the huge wolf walking beside him. She perked her ears forward and watched the two closely. Of course she didn't seem like a threat, or she wouldn't be just strolling beside the commander, but there was no denying her presence. The marten swallowed softly, starting to feel a build in the anxiety she'd managed to forget since the day before.

After the commander had finished giving them their instructions, Sunny walked over to stand in front of him as instructed, venturing a smile, ears forward and alert. Nerves or not, she was excited to be here and getting started, "Good morning, sir."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Shard Loren Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:51 pm

Shard had been waiting with the other recruits who had received their recruit uniforms the day before. He saw a few familiar faces and also some he had not yet seen before. He wandered who he would be reporting to for his base training, but when Commander Steele called out instructor names he quickly understood who to report to.

Brushing down his uniform to make sure it didn't have any creases in it, the Arctic Fox approached Lt. Areta and stood to attention and saluted and with a smile said "Recruit Loren reporting, mam"

Last edited by Shard Loren on Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:12 pm

After a long day yesterday and a early good night to Sunny and Keir Angus waited between the various recruits as he sees the Commander walk out of the tent and next to him a big red wolf. Instinct took over as he backed a bit away awaiting a attack but then he looks at the eyes of the wolf and sees quit the intellect in them. Slowly he lets his breath out.
After Commander Steele annouched where everybody has to report he made his way over to Commander Tigermark.
"Sir, Recruit O'Brown reports for duty ,Sir!"
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:04 pm

To say he was simply excited  as he stood among the group of recruits would be the understatement of the century, as Razor was beside himself with voracious eagerness. The adrenaline was already pumping through his system from the mere thought of what the early morning’s training would be, and he was determined to meet each and every task head on.

The previous night had been wasted away with his constant tossing and turning as he’d been much too wound up about the coming morning to even think about sleeping. Having risen long before the assigned training time this morning, he’d gone through his morning warm up regimen of 200 push-ups, 300 sit-ups, and 150 pull-ups. Usually, his routine would involve a rather relaxing morning swim, but he skipped it this time,  choosing to get a quick breakfast of fresh fish from the mess tent. He was still chewing when he’d arrived where the other recruits were beginning to gather.

Among them stood the white and tan fluff ball that had attacked the turtle from yesterday, looking rather nervous where she stood. He didn’t blame her. Today would be the day to make or break some of the others here, that was for certain. There’d be those that’d make the cut and those that’d probably BE cut…he was determined NOT to be in the latter group. He came to succeed and make a name for himself in this group, wanting to show he was good enough to serve under the Overlord.

This was NOT a game.

The leopard shark had to mentally slap himself. That intense mentality should be reserved for kickboxing matches, where the only person you looked out for was yourself. That mentality DID NOT belong here around others that would more likely than not become his cohorts in the future, people he would be required to depend on who would also depend on him in return. Releasing a breath he didn’t even realize he’d been holding, his eyes flicked towards the tent where Commander Steele and the other officers emerged. His eyes widened slightly at the sight of a large wolf quadruped that he hadn’t seen the day before…must have just come in on the boat.

After the human commander’s announcement, Razor was quick to line up in front of him next to the white and light brown weasel like female, keeping his posture straight and his head slightly inclined. A grin laced his facial features.

“Mornin’ sir! You’re lookin’ well this mornin'” his gaze turned over to the small female next to him, "As are you, miss."

Well, the statement was partially true…the commander looked better than he did yesterday, and the little lady next to him was pretty cute.
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by KRancourt Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:22 am

The morning dawned bright and clear, and found Areta buttoning up her uniform-jacket before setting out to grab a bite of breakfast. She compulsively scanned her tablet, reviewing the assignment to the training grounds to begin training for new Ops recruits. Looked like a full day ahead, despite the light list of names. She'd be wise to grab a nibble before muster-time. She got her boots on and hair braided back, and she departed her temporary quarters for the mess-tent.

The morning offerings were pretty standard. She chose a boiled egg and some toast, and a teabag of Earl Grey and a cube of sugar to go with a mug of hot water, taking a seat at a table just long enough to eat her meal. She reviewed the transit logs, noting with interest the declaration of Wolfbane as a passenger aboard the early ferry. While quadrupeds were not unheard of, to judge by the response General Steele's appearance had earned among the recruits, Areta found herself curious about what they'd think of the dire.

She stood and disposed of her tray, nodding to the attendant as she shook the eggshell bits into the compost-bin and tossed the teabag after them. Not all duty-shifts were 'glamorous,' but all were needed. And doing 'menial' tasks like KP or latrine-duty, despite having earned rank, kept her humble.

She arrived at the training grounds only a matter of steps behind the General, Tigermark, and Wolfbane, and approached them with a salute before dropping into stride. Taking her place in the lineup, she stood at attention beside Tigermark and listened as Darius made his announcement. The gaggles of recruits quickly broke up and reformed as people presented themselves to their COs.

The first to approach her directly was an arctic fox. "Recruit Loren reporting, mam."

Areta consulted her tablet and nodded. "Welcome, Recruit," she said, nodding as she marked his arrival on her screen. "Janitorial service, I see. I do hope your horizons are not limited to cleanup duty. Please, stand right there and head up our queue. We'll see who else will be joining us today."

The quoll smiled to see the shark from check-in yesterday approach and present himself to Darius and Tigermark. “Mornin’ sir! You’re lookin’ well this mornin'.” His gaze turned over to the quoll, "As are you, miss."

Areta offered a smile in return. "Thank you, Recruit." She turned back to the bustle of the grounds, to see if anyone else had reported for Operations assignments.

KRancourt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:38 am

Tigermark had been awake since before dawn, spending the time in morning prayer and then a run and workout to shake off any leftover cobwebs. This morning would be taken sorting out the recruits to their different sections.Then, as Darius would be rather unsuited to it, he'd oversee the morning's PT. Only the military recruits would be required to do PT the entire time, but all recruits would do so the first week. Then after everyone had been given a chance to clean up, they'd break into sections and begin teaching the recruits the basics of how to act, how to properly wear the uniform and address their superiors. Also a lecture time of what was expected of them as minions of the Overlord, and the basic rules.

With a final stretch, the tiger headed for his tent to change into his uniform for the morning assembly. After that he had a light breakfast of eggs and a biscuit. He noted many of the recruits and all the staff up and about. Finishing his meal, he put his tray in the wash line and walked over toward Darius' tent. As he arrived, Darius emerged, accompanied by Wolfbane.

"Good morning, Darius, and welcome, Lady Bane."

He joined in with them as the walked out to start the morning assembly. Shortly, the quoll Ops Director joined them. She offered a salute, which Tigermark returned as they finished the short walk and arrived, standing in a line to face the camp of recruits. Darius began, calling them to attention and then directing them to report to the leader of their respective section. Lady Bane and Sylvian for R&D/ Medical. Lieutenant Areta Davies for Base Operations, or Commander Darius or himself for Military.

The recruits rapidly moved to report to the officer they'd be training under. The small marten who'd asked to explore the day before reported to Commander Steele, while teh brown bear reported to Tigermark. The tiger noted him on the digital pad he carried and responded.

"O'Brown, got it, thank you. Standby until we get everyone arranged."

Tigermark now took note of the shark who now stood in line to report behind recruit Sunday. At a nod from Darius, he logged the two in on the digital pad.

"Off to a good start, Commander Steele," the tiger said in an aside to the human Camp Commander.

Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:14 pm

Angus moved to the side giving the next recruit in line space to report to the commander. He don´t know what to expect or what comes next so he tryes to wait and see what will happen.
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Razor's tail fin swayed from side to side as he bounced a bit on his feet. He wasn't a huge fan of waiting, but he could muster the patience when the time called for it. To keep his mind busy, he mentally began to size up the other recruits. Some were just coming around, looking just like the walking dead and worse. He allowed himself a tiny smirk, watching as they trudged their way to report in.

The white and brown marten (geezus take the wheel, she was shorter than the quoll...) seemed  more excited than nervous after she'd greeted the commander. With her small size, he wouldn't be surprised if she was made a scout of some sort....might have to do something with all that hair though. He made a strange face...how did furred mammals live with that stuff? And the shedding...good gods, the shedding. He did have some long hair/furred friends back home, and rather enjoyed playing with it at times...but he'd rather not have to deal with it himself. Shedding his teeth every two weeks was enough for him, thanks.

Continuing his mental evaluations, he spotted a a brown bear a bit taller than himself to his right, near Commander Tigermark. He looked a bit on the chubby side, but Razor had been enough fights to know that didn't mean thing...especially with the claws the bear was sporting. He seemed like he could be a bit of a brawler...maybe, but time would tell. Razor leaned back a bit to get a better view. That butt of his was rocking that stubby tail, talk about cute.
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:17 pm

Sunny swiveled her ears at the flurry of activity as other recruits flocked to their training officers. She looked at the other officers and gave them all respectful nods of greeting, before glancing around her at the other recruits gathering. She spied Angus reporting to the tiger captain and gave him a reassuring wave and a smile, until she felt someone standing near her.

Hearing a voice address the Commander, she glanced to see who it was, and her eyes widened slightly. She knew there were sharks on the islands, but she'd never met one. Added to that, she wasn't certain if he was addressing her or the quoll with his following compliment. She smiled anyway, and nodded, "Good morning! I'm Sunny, it's nice to meet you!"

She held out a hand to shake, perking her gold ears attentively at the shark fellow, admittedly curious about such an interesting individual.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Razor had returned the quoll's smile, despite the fact that his compliment had been directed towards the small marten. What he'd said applied to Lt. Areta as well, so nothing was really lost. Hearing a bright salutation, he looked down to see the marten smiling up at him, hand extended, ears perked.

"Sunny, eh? Name fits" He grinned and extended his hand, shaking hers. "Well, its nice ta' meet'cha, miss. Name's Razor". He chuckled a bit, looking down at their locked hands, "Usually I'd kiss the hand of a lovely lady, but I don't think flirting is a part of our training regimen for the day..." Still keeping her hand in a light grip, he looked around suspiciously before planting a quick one the back of her hand, a mischievous glint his green eyes. Releasing her hand with a light chuckle, he continued speaking as if nothing happened.

"So, you excited for today's training? Because I. AM. STOKED."
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Sunny's ears stood straight up amid in response to the shark's semi-covert flirtation. A faint blush crept across her cheeks and she blinked her grey eyes rapidly, momentarily stunned.

As he released her hand, she chuckled awkwardly, then smiled and nodded in agreement with his following statement, "I'm really excited. I've wanted to join the Overlord for a while now, but it took some time to convince my parents to let me go. I couldn't have left them before they accepted it. I think they were relieved that I don't plan on being proper military. I've never been one for fighting anyway."

She beamed a bit as she glanced around at the sea of purple-clad recruits around them, then sighed happily, "It's kind of unreal, finally being here. I hope I can help."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:28 pm

"Heh, thats cool of you, waitin' on your parents' approval and all. I respect that, I really do. My parents were all too eager to see me off when I told them I was signing up...". He hadn't lived with his parents since he'd graduated high school, but his parents would call him daily with out fail to see how he was. When he spilled the news to them, they both practically EXPLODED with support, offering to help in anyway they could. It'd been scary....really, really scary.

"I've been fighting for most of my life, so its kinda second nature to me," he crossed his arms over chest, looking at the recruits with a neutral gaze, "And I won't lie, I rather enjoy it, but I know it ain't everyone's cup o' tea." Turning back to Sunny, he saw the large smile on her face. He half-smiled. She sure didn't look like much of a physical fighter, but she could out maneuver him any day that was for sure.

"Hey, you're going to be a great help. You're light, quick on your feet, flexible, and ya' seem like ya' got a real good head on your shoulders. That enough gives you a good chance here, miss, better than a lot of the others I've seen."

"And the Commander's looks to be a guy who knows what he's doin'. He'll get you where you need to be."
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by Secateur Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:57 pm

"Recruit Nielsen, reporting for duty, sir!", Eddie said with an enthusiasm that surprised him. He'd typically rarely appear energetic when meeting with his previous employers. He quickly concluded it had to mean that his choice to enroll was the right choice, before turning his full attention to the pair of officers in front. He recognized them both from registration yesterday, and was fairly certain they'd make his life interesting soon.

After seeing the officers, he walked over to Angus and Sunny, whom he'd nearly bumped into yesterday. He didn't know the shark, though. Making sure to wait, as not to barge in on their conversation, he walked over to the shark and held out his hand. "Hi, I'm Eddie". "I'm trying out for the military branch, and I think they might want to put my wings to good use."
Secateur
Secateur

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Sensing movement, Razor turned to see a bat headed in their direction. He vaguely remembered seeing him in uniform tent the day before, but he'd left too quickly for the shark to say something to him. Baring his teeth in a smile, he shook the offered hand.

"Hey, my man, pleased to meet you! I'm Razor and I'm not at all sure where I'm headed, but I'm here". His looked at the bat's wings, grin not leaving his face, "I'd be surprised if they didn't, you're the first flying recruit I've seen since so far, so they probably need all the flyers they can, yeah?"
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:47 pm

Smiled again at Razor, bashfully appreciating the compliment, "I'm hoping they can use a scout or messenger. I did that a lot back home, messages that is... It'll be interesting learning how to move through the jungles on the Summer islands, though. So thick..."

She perked her ears when Eddie walked up, smiling brightly at him as well, "Hi Eddie! Nice to see you again! All ready to go?"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:25 am

"I've yet to explore beyond the camp, so I have no clue what those jungles have to offer. It'll definitely be an adventure on my end, let me tell you". He looked towards the trees at the edge of the camping grounds, noting that the marten wasn't kidding when she talked about their thickness. The few trails that led into the canopy seemed to be swallowed by the wooded expanse, making it seem almost ominous.

"I'll do what I have to do, but I'm ultimately hoping to end up in a position that calls for aquatic expertise for, well..." he gestured to himself with a light laugh, "Painfully obvious reasons". As well adapted as he was on land, the water was where he excelled. That was his element, and his senses were heightened there, allowing him to depend on old age instincts for tracking, hunting, and his personal favorite, combat.
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:32 am

Seeing Sunny wave he smiled back and walked over to the marten and a shark guy he hasn't meet yet.
"Hello I'm Angus." heholds out a paw for a shake.
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:52 am

Grabbing the bear's hand, Razor gave it a firm shake.

"Pleasure to meet ya', Angus! I'm Razor" He grinned, letting go of his hand, "You ready to get this thing moving like the rest of us? I have a feelin' its gonna get real intense here the next few days".

He honestly didn't know what to expect, which made the entire situation all the more exciting for him. His ability to think on his feet was something he always prided himself on, and any chance to hone that skill was welcome.

"Lemme see here..." he looked around at the marten, bat, and bear, rubbing his chin in thought, "We have a cute master scout,  super flyer, a suave underwater beast," At this point, he gestured to himself dramatically before uttering a quick 'I'm kidding' and continued, looking Angus up and down, "and you, my good man!" He rested a hand on the bear's shoulder in a friendly grip, that sharky grin still on his face, "I'm pretty sure you have some lethal qualities to bring to the table, especially with them talons there". He gestured to Angus's claws, "I'd hate bein' on the wrong end of those".
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:43 am

The morning sun gazed through the open tent and surprised Garran.

He didn’t sleep the whole night. He couldn’t. His mind continued to go to the day after, trying to work out what he could be asked for. Not many happy sceneries, that’s for sure. He always struggled when he didn’t know how to behave in a situation, and that was a real uncertainty.
He only knew he had to give the best first impression he could. And since the first thing everyone noticed when talking to him was his arm, he focused his attention to it.
It was rough, oxidized, dirty. It required a good amount of work.
So he spent the night working. Carefully, he cleaned every little bit. The rhythmic, monotonous rasping of sandpaper soon became a soft lullaby that let his mind wander.
Problems would be solved. Friends would be made. Good would be shown. He didn’t have to worry.
He spent time cleaning the stains with a cotton wad and solvent. Polishing the metal surfaces. Cleaning his mind.
Let every gear shine.

He clenched the last screws. The arm seemed new again. Finely tuned. He gripped the metallic fingers, satisfied, and was surprised to see the daylight spotting on the floor.
Garran wasn’t tired. The monotonous work had been strangely restful. He emerged in the fresh morning air and stretched his whole body, wings fully spread, bathing in the few light rays and went for a coffee. Around him the camp was slowly returning to life. He could hear people rising up in their tents, the smooth rustle of new uniforms, yawns and soft speaking. The tasteful aroma coming from the mess tent contributed to the peaceful moment.

About an hour later, General Steele’s voice roared through the camp, summoning the recruits.

Garran was eager to find his real destination. He didn’t expect his boss to be a huge red wolf, though. Doctor Sylvian was near her.
“Recruit Garran White reporting for R&D, sir and, uhm… madam?”
How should you address a wolf?

Last edited by TheSphinx on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Secateur Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:13 pm

Eddie smiled at Sunny, "Nice to see you too, Sunny. I'm ready when the officers are. I guess they want to group the various recruits together, so I think we'll be going as soon as they've finished dividing up the crowd." He turned back to the shark, "Yeah, I think I understand what you mean. You try get into the branch you want, but you don't really know what's wanted or needed." Grinning to Razor, "I'm pretty sure they're going to test how good -your- underwater abilities are at least."

"I haven't seem many winged recruits either. I know about Garran, though, he's...", Eddie paused as he looked around the crowd, "the sphinx in front of the line for the research branch". "You know, he's got a mechanical arm."
Secateur
Secateur

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:00 pm

Angus grinned "Well lethal I can be but you know the no killing rule beside "and here he holds his paw up with his sharp claws" these are a last resort option against feral beasts."
He looks at the Marten " and a good morning to you Sunny. I hope you sleeped well. You look bouncy as always."
He takes in the line of the other recruits who line up in fron of the commanders.
" I think we all will be tested in several things and then we get our job and a proper introduction into it. At least I hope so"
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Garran’s ear flicked when he caught someone saying his name. Turning slightly, he saw the guys he talked to the day before: the white marten… Sunny?; Eddie, the bat; and the brown bear, whose name he didn’t get yet; there was also a shark, who didn't see at all the first day. He smiled and waved a hand slightly, spelling a silent “Hi” to them. He was too much worried of his new boss to break the line and chat with them.
He would find them during a break.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvian Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Doctor Greymyst had risen early that morning, as was his habit, and done a tour of the Medical and Research tents before anyone else was awake save for the overnight support staff. Everything had to be perfect for the arrival of his boss, Lady Bane, so that they could focus on the tasks at hand. He had met with at least one of the Recruits who would be working beneath him and Bane on the Island, a Sphinx named Garran White. He had been an inquisitive creature with a mechanical arm that Sylvian did so want to get a closer look at.

But that was for another time, perhaps after they returned to the Citadel.

After that he had found himself something to eat, which was whatever the cooks had prepared at that moment, and some tea before returning to the Medical tents to spend the remaining hour or two before Bane was due to arrive going over old patient files and medical reports. He made a habit of doing this, reading the old medical files, especially the ones that had been out of the ordinary or were related to creatures he had not seen before. It helped pass the time and build his medical knowledge at the same time, plus he had not brought any of his books with him, so he needed something to do.

A tap on the shoulder though from one of the nurses brought him back to his senses an hour later, and he was informed Lady Bane had landed, and that General Darius was likely to call assembly shortly. Thanking the nurses and finishing his now cold cup of morning tea, the Doctor stands, straightens his uniform sleeves and checks his collar and hair, grabbed his clipboard with notes on it, then walks from the tent to head towards the center of camp and meet with Bane.

Halfway there he heard the call for assembly from the General, and Sylvian cannot help but wince a little, he should not be speaking so loudly with his lungs being the way they are. But he has no place to tell the General how to use his voice, only be ready when he requires the care of a Medical Professional. Coming up to stand beside Bane he would incline his head and give his boss a warm smile, "Lady Bane, it is wonderful to see you again. I trust your trip over was pleasant?" He looks out over the line, spotting instantly the Sphinx he had spoken with yesterday who at the moment was mouthing 'hi' to some of the military recruits. Good, he is making friends. Looking back to Bane he would, "So, from the files I've received, and from talking to Quartermaster who handed out uniforms, we are to expect at least four recruits," he nods to the Sphinx who is standing in front of them, "Recruit White being one of them, and apparently, conjoined triplets." Looking to his clipboard he looks around, "The Ceslatos brothers, Niko, Lukas, and Alec. They are however not in line presently."

Falling silent then he would fold one arm behind his back, and press the one with the clipboard against his chest so that it was at the ready should Bane wish to look at any of his notes. Otherwise, he would fall into the subordinate role beside the dominant Dire Wolf next to him.
Sylvian
Sylvian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:30 pm

"Well, I'd better put on my game face then" The shark replied, looking at the bat with an expression that screamed determination, "Didn't come here to disappoint!".  The bear's mention of the Overlord's no killing policy had him nodding in agreement, "Yeaaaaah, I'm kinda glad for the rule. I'm not to keen on  actually, uh, killinn' suthin'...unless, you know, I decided I wanted to go out and catch my own fish. I get the craving ever now and again".

When the bat pointed out the sphinx reporting to the large wolf, he whistle quietly, "Well, well, thats another new one for me, well, the whole winged-lion part. Seems like a pretty cool guy".

Not too far off, the shark noticed what looked to be another officer. He hadn't seen him yesterday, but from the way he greeted the large feral wolf, they must work together. That must have been the Sylvian guy General Darius had mentioned...
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next