Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

+23
Darius Steele
Hector Fen
Garret Silver
Archeus
Artemis
Akkarri
Schemmer
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
KeirStryker95
Socks the Fox
Dragonwolf
Solitair
Sylvian
TheSphinx
Secateur
Tigermark
KRancourt
Rotors91
tobi3B
Shard Loren
Merrihop
Admin
27 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 3 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Solitair Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:27 am

Being a team of three minds instead of just one, the drafts that the Ceslatos brothers made were at first far more chaotic than the normal standard drafts. Each of them moved their pencils across the table to begin sketching, asking each other questions about the implementation and execution of a machine that would allow someone to view another's dreams. Before they sketched, they briefly considered vocalizing their questions to each other, but decided that their bosses would appreciate them showing their work, just so long as they made a final draft as well.

First, they would need to duplicate and isolate the sensory signals that the brain made during REM sleep. All of them agreed that they would need to modify electrodes that were normally used to track brain waves. Would those be strong enough to translate outside of the patient's brain? Did they need to synthesize some sort of medicine in order to induce a more lucid dream?

The question of whether or not they should display the dream on a monitor with speakers or induce sleep in the examiner with another form of medicine and some sort of helmet went unanswered for a moment later, though they decided to focus on the monitor solution first. It seemed less risky for the examiner that way. For the monitor, they would need to sort out the signals for sight and sound from the other senses, or else the examiner would only get synesthesiac gobbledygook.

Lukas, Niko and Alec were so wrapped up in their work that they didn't even notice that Socks had entered their tent.
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 3 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Rotors91 Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:01 am

Razor felt himself swell with bit of pride at the hearing the tiger commander's praise towards his performance. Said pride was quenched when the tiger warned of some of the enemies' miniature soldiers, and their potential to out right kill with out remorse. It shook him up a bit, to be honest.

"Thank you, Sir. I'mma be sure to keep that in mind..."  

Dying...that was a sobering thought. His attention returned to the bear, hand gripping the pole tight. Now that he was focusing on the weapon, his senses picked up the faint movement of electricity running through the apparatus. Kind of neat in his opinion, these non-lethal weapons.

Once Commander Tigermark called for the fight to begin, Razor slipped into his true fighting mentality. His muscles were primed, and senses honed in on Angus as he contemplated various strategies for what the bear might do. It looked to him that his opponent may not be a kickboxer of any sort, and his taller height and heavier body might prove to be a bit of an advantage on Razor's side. He could out maneuver the bear, mostly likely , but it would take more than a few hits to bring him down.

Razor huffed a bit. He felt he'd be much more effective if he didn't have this pole in his hands....
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:00 am

Angus tried to get a feel for the pole in his hand. He liked more club like weapons but it would do. Looking towards Razor he said "I hope so I will also not be going easy on you and thanks for being soft on Sunny." With a deep breath he steadied himself. He hunched his shoulders forward drew his eyes together and his whole self shifted from a friendy fellow to a bloodthirsty animal. A deep bloodchilling growl in his chest he planted his feet firmly on the ground. His father called it his fluff and puff mode making him seem more dangerous and frighting his opponent. Most of the time it worked and his enemy turned tail. He don't think Razor would run but he would act very different from his normal routine and maybe gave him an edge that Angus could use.
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:03 pm

"Wasn't goin' hurt someone who didn't know how to defend themselves man. That's like bringing a three year old to a drunken bar fight," he said, waving a finned hand in a nonchalant manner, "Nothin' to thank me for".

The overall character transformation on the part of the bear brought a smirk to the shark's lips. Such displays weren't new to him, but it was usually a sign that his opponent was pretty confident in his abilities, while also depending on an intimidation factor to help their cause. Razor had used such tactics himself on more timid fighters, but it was obvious that Angus was far from timid. And if that growl rumbling in his chest was anything to go by, he had the muscle to back it up.

Unlike his fight with Sunny, Razor couldn’t be half-hearted with his attacks this time. They need to come hard, fast, and relentless, while simultaneously staying out of the bear’s reach. He slowly began to circle Angus, looking for an area of opening for his first attack, guard up in case the bear decided to attack first.

Meanwhile, he tested a different tactic: Distraction.

“Ya know, that growl of yours is pretty sexy. If I didn’t know better, I’d say you was tryin’ to seduce me into letting ya’ win”.  He hadn’t missed how flustered the bear had gotten when he’d let that comment about his butt slip earlier. Maybe he could  use it to his advantage…even the smallest break in Angus’s concentration could prove useful to him.
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:38 pm

No fear in his eyes he thought to himself. He knew that his tactic didn´t work on Razor as he hoped. His mind was now racing with thoughts how to get the upper hand.
While he had the strengh to back up his bluff he his actually fighting expierience where some brawls at the pub at home or some fun fights with his brother in the camp.
He slowly turned with each step the shark made never letting him out of sight.
When he heart razors words for a moment his mind stumbled but was back at treck in a heartbeat with an idea that actually could work.
His demeanor changed again this time to a surprise big eyes he right himself up and swifelt his ears toward Razor and a slow smirk forms in his mouth.
" Well with such a pretty tail why shouldn´t I. I bet a lovely pink bow on it makes it even prettier."
Slowly he beginns to grab the pole in the down third so that he can use it like a club with a long reach.
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Secateur Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Eddie was just smiling and enjoying the company of Sunny, Razor and Angus on what seemed to be a relaxed day, before the commanding officer Steele decided to have Razor and Sunny fight. Obviously, training had begun, and he stepped to the side to give Razor and Sunny room. He winced a bit when it became clear how uneven the fight would be, and was glad when he saw Razor showing restraint.

The officers didn't seem to be hard on Sunny for her loss, but he couldn't pay any attention to her, because the officer called his name. Eddie's attention immediately turned to his instructions, while smiling nervously. While Razor and Angus were taunting each other, Eddie wasn't looking forward to his time in the ring, though he had expected that it would happen several times during boot camp. On the other hand, this was training, probably, but hopefully not, for worse situations. He'd have to do his best, but for now, he watched the ongoing fight.
Secateur
Secateur

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:17 pm

“If you think that would look pretty in a bow, you should see the rest me” He about purred.  His tail wasn’t the only pretty thing about him; his legs were pretty as well…pretty good at knocking his opponents stupid. He noted how the bear’s hands were slowly creeping down the length of his weapon, but  didn’t seem that Angus was too eager to attack him. Whether such hesitation was due to experience or lack there of, he didn't know...so he would make the first move.

Without hesitation, he sprinted forward, dragging the lower edge of his shock pole along the ground. His eyes locked briefly with the bear’s amber irises as he lifted the pole to hold it in both hands. When he drew close enough, he dropped into a slide, holding the pole above his head to act as a trip wire of sorts as his momentum propelled him between the Angus’s legs. Best case scenario: He hoped such a maneuver would trip the bear, causing him to fall on his face and give time for Razor to follow up with another attack…Worst case scenario: Angus would be too heavy to trip, and Razor would be stuck staring up at the bear’s crotch and in a very vulnerable position.
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:30 am

Angus groaned inwardly as he saw Razor dropü in a sliding motion.
"Really" he thought "the ground is dry and not really made for sliding and the shockpole is only in soft mode giving little nips of electricity otherwise he might be in trouble." So he made the only thing he could he jumped up using his weight to crash down in a sitting position on Razors stomach using his pole to block of the sharks pole and pinning him down.
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:53 am

Tigermark watched the two recruits circling, noted them both trying to get a feel for the weapons they'd been given. He was about to call both out for taking too long when Razor suddenly charged and attempted to slide between Angus' legs to trip him. Instead, Angus hopped up and landed bum-first on Razor's stomach. With a grin, he mock-growled out.

"Geez, you two get a room! This is a fight, not a date."

He was trying to get a feel for how easy either one was to anger, as he'd seen none in the shark or the bear. He's stop them before anything got out of hand, but he wanted to see if a bit of anger would make them get reckless.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:42 am

Keir grinned as he watched Razor practically get pinned by Angus as he jumped and landed on the shark. An interesting tactic, though not one Keir intended to use as he was not ... well suited for it.

When Commander Tigermark made the smart little comment, Keir could not detect any sign or reaction from either combatant, unless they were just the good at hiding it and he missed it.

He continued to walk around a little, limbering up his legs and devising strategies and maneuvers he could combine to create specified tactics for his use. The shock poles they would be given didn't seem to be very stable, meaning he would have to wield it lower than he was used to, at least from what he could see.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:48 am

WELL.....This was a predicament. Razor wheezed as the air was force out of him, the bear's weight heavy atop his stomach. His torso tensed and his he steadied his pole to keep it firm against the bear's. He laughed weakly at the commander's jab, as they were in quite a compromising position.

"Hng, w-well Commander, it ain't my fault he so anxious to give me a lap dance". He grunted a bit, "He just kinda...missed my l-lap.". Though the situation seemed pretty dire, he was glad it wasn't his face. That had happened to him before, and compared to that, his current situation was rather mild. Keeping his grip strong on his pole, he looked up at Angus with a smirk, but his eyes were full of defiant determination. He needed to come up with a way to get the bear off of him...or a least ease up so he could slip out from underneath him and regroup.

"Alright man, gotta be honest wit you...did NOT see that coming. Nice move, hot stuff"

Thankfully, his legs were still free, but fairly useless in the position when it came to kicks...his tail was free as well. His eyes widened slightly as a  rather uncanny idea sparked. The act of carrying it out would look rather questionable...but he was willing to give it a try if it meant getting out of the predicament. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Pulling in his legs, he planted his feet firmly on the ground, keeping a decent width between them. Using his strong leg muscles for leverage, it gave abdominals enough force  to lift his butt in a single, strong thrusting motion which in turn allowed him to used his tail much like a whip. The thick, muscular appendage whipped backwards, clubbing the bear in back of the head. Hard.  Gritting his teeth, he continued the barrage of tail beatings ,knowing that the bear couldn't easily protect himself in their current position. That or all the thrusting would freak him out and get him off of him.

This fight was turning really awkward, really fast.
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:22 am

Amused at the commanders remark and the jab from Razor he smirked.
" Thanks but as a tip for future brawls against heavier opponents don´t go for their legs first they will pin you down or worse use all their weight to crush you. try first their arms they are the dangerous weapons,...Ouch Hey " he felt the slap of the powerfull tail against his back.
" OK I think I will end it here " with an evil smirk and a gleam in his eye he just yanked his shockpole up bringing Razor in a disbalance. He then just used the forked end of the pole and stabed down towards Razors throat stopping inches in front of it . "I don´t want to real injure you buddy so you lose OK ? "
He stands up from Razors torso and helds a hand towards Razor to help him up. " Next beer is on me if that´s OK. By the way nice move with your tail didn´t expect that and ..." here he stretches his back "that hurt like hell"
He looks at the commander to see if he approves of the fight.
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:25 pm

"Oh, believe me, I've been crushed plenty of times. You're not the first person to give me that kind of advice, I'm just hard headed" Razor laughed. It was a bit forced however, and stopped immediately when the forked pole ends were aimed for his throat. He didn't flinch, but he didn't look all that happy either.

When the bear called the fight, Razor's expression soured slightly, but he took the offered hand and let Angus pull him up. "You're goin' on my personal list of people to beat, so you better watch yourself, bro". He patted Angus on the cheek and his tone came off as playful, but there was subtle tone of irritation there. It wasn't directed at the bear, but at himself. Razor was a proud soul that HATED losing, especially at something he really enjoyed. When he was first starting out as a young pup, his trainer had to constantly tell him that losing was a part of the game, but it didn't make losses any easier for him, the shark often resorting to beating the living day lights out of practice dummies to cool down.

He thought he'd grown passed such childish tantrums....but apparently they were still lingering around in his character.

And then having Angus stop the fight because he didn't want to hurt him? That almost set him off. He wasn't some delicate princess that couldn't handle a little roughing up, alright? With a mental sigh, he'd calmed himself. He knew the bear meant no ill will by it, but the comment had only added further insult to injury in Razor's mind. He'd have preferred to get shocked in the face.

Delving into his thoughts, he almost missed the bear's compliment on his half-baked attempt to get from underneath him. "A lot of good that did seeing as I still lost." The offer to buy him a beer registered in his mind and his mouth quirked, "You tryin' to ask me out, Angus? Cuz thats a line I use when I try to get sweet with a lady."

His humor was a little more genuine this time in an attempt to lighten the foul mood he was threatening to fall into. Angus had been nothing but polite to him and didn't deserve to be maltreated just because Razor was a sore loser.
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:36 pm

" Asking you out? No buddy at least not yet " he grins "just a peace offering. Don´t take it to hard on yourself. I just got really lucky this time and I think we will be sparing a couple of times do your best and you sure can beat me." He chuckles and slaps his paw on Razors shoulder.
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:11 pm

Razor laughed, "Not yet? Guess you plannin' to ask at some point then". Twirling his pole around, he jabbed it towards the bear's rear, giving it a light shock. "With a butt that cute, I may or may not say yes". Baring a sharp-toothed grin with flirtatious wink, he continued, "You don't have to worry 'bout me tryin' my best next time, you'll get it. Trust me".

Turning his attention to Commander Tigermark and Eddie, he saw that other recruits had gathered to watch the fight. A tall, dark wolf with interesting markings and bright blue eyes was currently warming up. Looks like he was up to fight next, probably against the bat. Should prove to be an interesting watch while Razor quietly licked his wounds.
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 pm

"ouch hey watch it not your proberty " he grins. Angus looked around seeing all the other recruits who came to watch . He blushed hard " well we should look what the commander has to say to our performance and get then back in line. "
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Secateur Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:39 pm

As the fight between Angus and Razor wound down, Eddie smiled to Keir and offered a fist bump before going to a side of the ring. He got hold of one of the shock poles and turned towards the muscular wolf with less of a smile and more concentration on his face. Holding his pole in one hand, he crouched down, spread his hand-wings, and jumped into the air. He would try to hover just high enough that it would be difficult for Keir to strike at his feet while he tried to position himself between Keir and the sun. For each downward stroke of his wings, he would appear to shift the pole between his hands, though he wouldn't always do so. "Feel free to stand still, Keir", he thought to himself.
Secateur
Secateur

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:40 pm

The shark merely chuckled, "That may be true, but it don't stop me from enjoyin' the view". As he walked passed the bear to stand in front of Commander Tigermark, he pointed a finger to his cheek, "Oh and Angus? Ya' lookin' a little red under all that fur, man. Might wanna git that checked out". He laughed again, "If I didn't know better, I'd say you was embarrassed."

Getting out of the way of the others sparring, he stood where he could watch the other fights, waiting for the Commander's commentary on what he thought of their performance.
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Garran closed the book with a loud snap, rising hastily. He needed more. Working on feedback was far difficult than he thought. Sending feedback to the brain wasn’t a problem, given enough knowledge of its structure. He have already read of some experiments in that field. Piezoresistive pressure sensors and elastomers were good for touch, but he wasn’t sure of what to use for joints. Maybe some resistors…

He walked around searching for more books, and caught the occasion to have a good look at the other recruits.
An arctic fox was sketching something shaped as a fist. Seemed like a weapon of some sort.
The triplets were talking between themselves, each writing on a different sheet. Advantages of being multitasking.
A cute fox with black and jade hair was working on something mysterious. He tried to look over her shoulder, curious, but wasn't able to decipher.
He would love to sit down and chat, but time was running. He reached the shelf and began browsing…
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:40 pm

Noting the fight between Razor and Angus was over, Keir slowed his heart rate to gain control of his nerves. As the bat he was supposed to spar walked by, he offered a fist, to Keir kindly returned, remembering to keep his mind focused at all times.

He picked up one of the shock poles from the rack, noticing its weight, the distribution, and even the odd pulsing of the electricity. Keir realized that they were turned down from their standard setting, but could still do some damage. As he stepped into the ring, he saw the bat raise his arms and when he took off, Keir was not surprised. Even when he flew between Keir and the sun, Keir thought back to some of the history books he had speaking about warplanes and fighting tactics.

"This is going to quite an interesting fight," Keir thought to himself and responding to the bat's comment with a smirk. "I'll try to see what I can do." he dropped into a fighting stance, keeping the pole angled up across his face while holding his arm stiff to prevent bounce-back.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Secateur Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:11 pm

Eddie noticed that Keir positioned himself into a defensive stance. He knew he wouldn't get many chances against the bigger wolf. While he wouldn't be able to gain enough speed for a proper dive, he started flying fast at Keir. Just before he reached him, Eddie jerked his flight path upwards, planning to clear the wolf. He lifted his feet up, and flapped his wings in opposite directions, so he could turn around in the air, before falling to the ground, landing on his feet. He had planned to strike the wolf before he had time to turn, but since he'd only tried this move against small trees, he overshot the distance. He stretched forward mid fall to try to hit the wolf, but the remaining momentum of his planned fall carried him away from Keir. Staying unsteady with the shock pole outstretched towards Keir in one arm, and maintaining his balance with the other arm, Eddie silently cursed himself for the miss.
Secateur
Secateur

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:50 pm

Keir jumped back and leaned slightly, avoiding Eddie's strike at him and saw a minor bit of unbalance it seemed in his trajectory. He righted himself to prepare for another attack should one follow suit. Keir watched Eddie's movements closely, and when he saw a chance he took it.

He lunged forward at the bat with the shock pole outstretched, making a short stabbing motion similar to that of a fencer. He just barely caught Eddie's right shoulder as Keir's strike went high. He could hear the crackle of the electricity moving through the rod and into his target's shoulder. Taking caution not to stumble on the rough ground beneath him, he pulled himself back into his defensive stance.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Secateur Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:55 pm

"Ow!" Eddie reflexively jumped back as Keir hit him in the shoulder. When the wolf pulled back afterwards, he realized he'd get a second try. He didn't want to risk the wolf charging at him, so he decided to try something else. He crouched down and spread his wings again, but this time he jumped forward, slightly to the side of Keir. Eddie tried striking at Keir with his non-shocked shoulder, hoping to catch him off guard with his lunge.
Secateur
Secateur

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Shard had noticed that attention from many of the recruits was being drawn to the sparing session going on between A bat and a wolf. Admittedly Shard was pretty curious so he decided to see what was going on and he saw the bat, Eddy he heard he was called, pull of a faint to throw his opponent off guard. It was a good sound move and Shard found himself watching intently.
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:33 pm

"Ah! God!" Keir yelped as the stun weapon hit his side, giving a very quick shock that was more like a sting from a scorpion. He winced as he stumbles backwards and regains his footing. Placing a hand to his side, he can feel the burn of the attack, like he had be hit with fire coral. "My god that is some serious burn. I may have underestimates these things," Keir thought looking over the weapon in his hand.

He readied himself and began looking for openings into which he strike his opponent. Seeing none as of yet he kept a firm grip on the rod and began to move about in a circle around Eddie.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next