Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

+23
Darius Steele
Hector Fen
Garret Silver
Archeus
Artemis
Akkarri
Schemmer
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
KeirStryker95
Socks the Fox
Dragonwolf
Solitair
Sylvian
TheSphinx
Secateur
Tigermark
KRancourt
Rotors91
tobi3B
Shard Loren
Merrihop
Admin
27 posters

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 22 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Socks the Fox Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:09 am

"Hmm, the hard parts are probably going to be controlling the magnetic fields and containing the ferrofluid. Getting the stuff in cheap, easy to mass produce quantities may be difficult as well, but for prototyping we could probably use iron powders in mineral oil or something similar," contributed Socks, sitting down and looking at some of the notes.

Socks pondered for a moment, before continuing, "We should start small, maybe something an inch deep. Should give us enough resolution for maps, and if it leaks won't be too big of a mess," while sketching out a rough draft of a possible design.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 22 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Archeus Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:52 am

Archeus nodded. "I agree Socks. What I would like to do is for myself is chemical design. I was going to ask Garran to start looking at what types of interface are needed and layout the design specs. And Socks you could work on hardware specifications and programming."
I'm anxious to hear what your opinions are? So thoughts please?

Last edited by Ledoux on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : timeline and instruction realignment.)
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:41 am

Sunny got up from her seat as the commander rose, giving him an attempted salute before picking up the tray they had been eating off of, "Yes sir. Thank you sir. I was happy to help. If you need anything else, I'm happy to come back." She gave him a bright smile, then took the tray and trotted back to the mess. Once inside, she deposited the dishes and devoured a couple more slices of pineapple before she went back out to look for her original group on the training grounds.

Finally she spotted her friends and waved a little as she hurried over to the weapons rack where they were speaking, "Hi guys. I hope I didn't miss anything..." She looked at them all happily, ears perked.

After a moment she turned to Razor and smiled a bit awkwardly, "I wanted to thank you, by the way. I was completely out of my league. It was really nice of you not to... y'know... beat the snot out of me..." She giggled quietly, tilting her head, "It was really nice of you."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:49 pm

"welcome back Sunny" he ruffles the little martens headfur "good to see you back. Hope everything went OK ?"
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:23 pm

Keir turned as he heard footsteps come up behind the group. He watched as the little marten from earlier came over to the weapons rack.

"Hello Sunny. It's to see you again," Keir said as he saw Angus approach her. "I hope your training with General Steele went well?" Keir step up to her and gives a big hug lifting her off the ground slightly before setting her back down and looking to the Commander.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:56 am

Sunny grinned over at her friends, "It went really well, actually... aside from a few little hiccups. But I thought I was in trouble at first, but he really wasn't upset with me at all." She chuckled, "He wanted to try out my tracking and scouting, so he had a few things for me to do. It was actually kind of fun, too. The Commander's taking over for the Base Ops training for now, though, so I don't know if we'll see him again today." She shrugged.

She perked her ears at the two, "Did I miss anything really interesting after I left? I was a little worried I'd be under-trained after that, but I guess that's up to the Commanders to decide."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:28 am

Hearing a familiar voice address him, Razor glanced over at the marten with a look that screamed relief.

"Dang gurl, you was gone a long time! Was concerned you got shipped off the the freakin' island or sumthin' like that!" He was beyond happy to see Sunny, who looked very much like she was in good spirits. Though, her words of thanks caught the shark off guard, bringing him to scratch the back of his neck with chuckle, "Ehhhh, it wasn't nuthn'. Really, I don't take no pleasure in beatin' people that..aren't exactly in their ideal element. 'Course that sounds pretty funny comin' from a guy like me, bein' a shark out of water n' all that nonsense."

"As for missing anything...you missed me gettin' myself squashed under this guy's rear end"  Razor jabbed a webbed thumb in Angus's direction with a dry expression  on his face, "Seriously, he knocked the air clean out of me!"
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:39 am

Keir chuckled slightly hearing Razor's comments about the fight between him and Angus. "It was quite graceful, if I do say so myself!" Keir said, teasing Razor with a soft squeeze of his shoulders.

"As for the training aspect, not much really happened after Steele pulled you. We did some PT and then some lance training, but other than that nothing really special," he replied to the little marten, releasing Razor and stepping about in place, feeling slightly anxious for what would be next.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:16 am

Garran flipped thrugh Archeus' sketches, wide eyed.
"You are thinking of a 3D, interactive map?" he commented, then grinned broadly. "I like it! Sounds enough futuristic to be worth a try!"
He taught for a bit. "I already have an idea about how to interact with it. It would require a bit of practice by the user, maybe, but... I was thinking about a system to track hand movements in the area over the "sculpture", like, say, a set of cameras or a sonar system. We'll see. So the user can "impose hands" and alter its form, zooming, turning, maybe even sculpting."
Garran played with a pencil and began walking to and fro, wondering a bit more.
"I have no idea how to control the shape, though... could we use a non-newtonian fluid to add ultrasound shaping? Honestly I don't have a clue right now."
He watched his two colleagues. "Sorry, I tend to ramble sometimes. In both ways."
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Archeus was elated at her colleagues enthusiasm. "I'm glad to know you too think it's a worth while project."
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:25 pm

"Well you made a good sitting pillow " he chuckled and friendly slapped Razor on the back "and you don´t have missed anything important. Commander Tigermark will tell us a bit about Aukate in a moment and something about proper wearing of the uniform I think he mentioned."
He grins " we will see what we did wrong wearing our uniforms"
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:22 pm

Socks turned to Garran, listening to his ideas. When he finished, she replied, "Yeah, I was originally thinking ferrofluids shaped by electromagnets under the device, but maybe that could work too. I'll look in to both methods, and see which would be easier to get working. I like the camera system for input, it shouldn't be too hard to add. I remember in University seeing videos of human projects using that idea."

She scanned over the bookshelf, looking for books on magnetism as well as wave mechanics based on Garran's idea.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Sunny squeaked in amusement and giggled, but tried to address everything at once anyway, "I thought I was going to be shipped home too, really. The Commander's very understanding, though, and I guess they can use people who don't fight too... That's probably for the best, because I don't know if I'd survive being sat on." She smirked playfully over at Angus.

"But then we all may be in trouble soon if we wore these wrong..." Her little brown fingers plucked at the uniform, "I'm not sure I could think of any other way to do up the buttons, so maybe it's more about the different types of uniforms or how to clean and store them?"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:17 pm

"Well, I was thinking both. Since forms come from the equilibrium of forces, solidify a ferrofluid could help pushing forward."

"...even if, now that I think, with ultrasound we risk to imprint a shape and have a hard time modifying it. I honestly don't know, it's up to you."
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyotecanuck Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:02 pm

Seeing the other R&D recruits returning from lunch, Ian watched as an officer, who appeared to be human, separated the others into groups. Ian approached the officer and stood at attention. "Recruit Frayne reporting in sir, commander Darius wanted me to report to R&D after noon for evaluation."
Coyotecanuck
Coyotecanuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:46 pm

Archeus nodded at Garran and Socks remarks. Well while you guys are brainstorming that aspect, there is something I need to look into." Archeus walked over to the bookshelves and came back with a text on Synthetic Elastin Electrospun Materials. "I want to see if there is a reasonable membrane we have access to?"
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:32 am

At Commander Steele's order, Vince got to his feet and lined up with the other Base Op recruits. Despite his earlier dressing down, the bear tried to display a confident front. He had taken a look at the recipe, and his initial assessment was that it should fall within his capabilities. He stood, feet shoulder width apart, hands at his sides, while the Commander spoke. Vince followed the man with his eyes, and flinched slightly when he paused just to his left to address Shard again. Vince took a calming breath through his nose as Steele continued to speak of the dangers found in roaming the island carelessly. He figured they were lucky. Isla Aukate was a neighbor island to Kua Kua and if the dangers were found on one, it was their own good fortune that all of them were not yet found on the other.
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:04 am

Tigermark, who had been spending the recruit's break standing over to the side taking care of some messages on his comm pad, looked up and noted that Sunny had rejoined the group. He walked over and spoke.

"Hello Recruit Sunday. I trust your time working with General Steele went well? Gentlefurs, before we resume training, you could take the time to show Recruit Sunday what you learned about lance moves and carrying while she was gone. No combat, mind you, but show her how to hold, use, and carry one. She might be a scout, but she'll still be part of the military, and will have one assigned to her on Aukate'. Best she has an idea how to use it, at least to defend herself if need be. Use the practice lances as you need, but be sure there are no clips. I still have some things to take care of via the comm pad, but I will be keeping an eye on you from over there. I'll also call out any corrections to your instructions if I need to. On with it, lads, and don't hurt yourselves trying to be first to train her. Recruit Sunday, give a call out if they start to get out of hand. Talk to you all in a bit."

With that, he stepped back over and pulled out his comm pad and began to catch up on the myriad of messages he'd received since he left Aukate'.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:41 am

"Yes Commander," Keir said stepping to the side of the rack and picking up the one he placed and another before handing one to her. "Here you are Sunny. One of the first things Commander Tigermark had us do was hold the lance correctly. Such as this," he said as he gripped the lower pads with his right handpaw, and the upper grip with his left dropping into the combat stance. Keir let Sunny watch him for a minute to see if she was ready to move onto the next part. Hoping he wouldn't be the only one to help her out, Keir silently willed the others, at least Razor or Angus, to join in with him.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:01 pm

Angus chuckled and got himself a lance standing next to Keir.
"We also practiced to move in sync with each other. But first try the holding of the lance and get a feeling for it Sunny. The commader said that we get on Aukate lances that are right for our high."
He grabs the lance like Keir to show Sunny how it is done.
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:37 am

Sunny swallowed a heavy lump in her throat as Commander Tigermark instructed the others to update her on use of the lance. They were almost as big as she was, but when Keir handed her one, she took it as best she could, trying to mimic the position of his hands as he instructed her. She wasn't able to hide her nerves however, and handled the weapon awkwardly, "Er... like this?" She was pretty sure her hand was backward, but stood for them anyway, feeling rather embarrassed, "Sorry you got stuck with this guys..."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Garret Silver Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:42 am

Silver smiled at Ian. "ah... feel free to join up with Archeus and her group." He thumbed through Ian's file. "I think they're making something rather interesting." He pointed to the group in question and waved him off. With the groups huddled together Silver finally got a moment's respite. He went to go find Hector and Artemis again while the Research team worked on their projects.
Garret Silver
Garret Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:55 am

Bane returned from her hiatus. She had gone on a run around the island and had unfortunately run afoul of a Darnathi Grunt. The creature hadn't survived the encounter and the Dire wolf was dragging the corpse by it's tail back into camp.

Darius wasted no time in phoning the proper authorities to get what would be a much desired autopsy from the beast. Once that was done he approached Shard. "It appears we'll be in need of your janitorial services. Stand by, an officer will be arriving shortly and you'll be assisting in their work area. "

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:19 am

"Almost. Here. Like this," Keir said as he let go of his lance and used his right handpaw to readjust Sunny's flipping it and pushing it gently down. He wasn't sure how frail her small hands were, and moved with precision, being careful. "And don't worry about it being 'a hassle' or anything. I don't mind and I'm sure the other boys don't either," Keir smiled as he watched the little marten before him. Feeling like he might be a bit intimidating at his height, he stepped back a bit to give Sunny some space.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:05 pm

Shard saluted after Commander Steel finished informing him that his services would be needed soon. "Yes sir!. I would be glad to Assist them in any way I can" he remind calm on the outside but on the inside was he was jumping up and down with joy. He knew that now he had to really show the Discipline after all it wouldn't do to have a big grin on his muzzle while in the presence of a superior officer.
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next