Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day Three: Training continues.

+22
DeanFox
Zenny
Ledoux
Archeus
Coyotecanuck
Solitair
Rotors91
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Tamara
Nightwolf1513
Technocupcake
Akkarri
Sylvian
tobi3B
TheSphinx
Tygon
Astralin
Tigermark
Whitetail
Merrihop
Darius Steele
26 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 17 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by KeirStryker95 Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Keir grewed excited as Tigermark spoke more about what awaits the recruits on Aukate. There was so much to do it sounded like. Although he was very curious about the situations that he mentioned, Tamara was already asking about them. Keir also wanted to ask about communications and they were like from Aukate. Would he able to talk to his family? And if something were to go down while one of them were on watch, did they have earpieces; or walkie-talkies?

"So many questions, so little time," Keir thought as he scratched his chin in thought.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 17 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by Charon Bond Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:52 pm

'So, pretty much a normal security job but with a lot more at stake,' surmised Charon. He was ok with night shifts, being a feline and all, he was most active during the dusk and night time hours anyway. Tigermark was very casual in his description of the Citadel but judging how old he was, he must have had a lot of experience with the many ups and downs from previous 'problems' which have risen through the years.

Charon's ears perked up when Tamara mentioned something about enemies. Certainly one doesn't achieve such a lofty position without stepping some toes and making others jealous or was she talking about others outside the influence of the Overlord. It would be interesting to see if the Commander would answer such a delicate question so close to the vest and probably not something a recruit should know about right away.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:17 am

Tigermark thought a second, his face falling into a very serious expression.

"Enemies, and friends, come from unexpected places at unexpected times, Tamara. Suffice it to say that threats to the security of the Lair appeared that warranted an increase in vigilance. I'll say no more about that. The Overlord may tell you more when she talks to you, but if she doesn't, you'll all receive a complete briefing on the threats to Her Majesty and the empire when you get to Aukate'. Other questions, recruits?"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:43 am

'Expertly said,' Charon thought. It was enough doing one's best to pass this point of the recruiting process without worrying about other things like enemies both in and out of the sphere of influence of the Overlord. For the feline himself, just avoiding what would made him sick at the next meal would suffice for his worries at the moment.

Charon cleared his throat and spoke up. "In your experience, for the next few days, what you think would be something for all of us recruits to work on or would you say it would be up to the individual to figure those things out for themselves?" he asked.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:14 am

Hearing the question from off to the side, Tigermark looked up.

"I would say, Recruit, that the best thing you could work on is being where you're supposed to be and when. General Steele is most put out when recruits wander about away from their assigned area. If you're done with your run and you feel fit, Base Ops is over at that tent."

The tiger pointed to the Base Ops area, but despite his stern tone, he had a bit of a benign mirthful smirk on his muzzle.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Tamara nodded at the reply she got from Tigermark. The answer was clear enough for now, and she'd wait to reach the Lair and get a proper briefing before delving any further on the subject, if needed.

She looked at Charon and smiled slightly at Tigermark's comment, though she did remembered General Steele's shock pole, and wondered inwardly if the General would use it on the cheetah to punish him from having strayed away from his assigned tent. The tigress noted that the General was running things tightly, and would make sure to remember that in the future.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:58 pm

"I have a question Commander," Keir said from his place next to Tamara. "When out in the field, or even when on watch, how will we recruits communicate with higer personel and officers such as yourself?" the dark wolf asked with enthusiasm, his interest in the technology here on Kua'Kua and on Aukate rising continuously.

"Like will we have an ear piece specially made for us? Or will we use some form of portable radio?" Keir asked as he placed a handpaw on his chin, watching Tigermark. "Or... will it be similar to that fancy little pad thingy you've been using?"
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:30 am

Tigermark smiled and pulled his tablet out of his tunic.

"This is the tablet, it is combined computer and communications, capable of sending text messages, video and audio, and the normal computer functions. It's connected to the Island's intranet. You'll have either one of these, or one like this.."

The tiger produced a smaller version of the tablet, about 5" by 7".

"Which acts like a PDA. Both have audio and video comm capabilities. When you're on watch or patrol, there are bluetooth-style earpieces and microphones to allow instant hands-free communications."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:04 am

Keir stared at the little tablets that Tigermark held in his handpaws. They looked like just little sheets of glass with bumpers on two sides, yet if they could really do all the stuff the commander said they could, that was fine by Keir. He smiled at the thought of what his family might say if he were to show them, although that was probably restricted and off-limits.

No matter, knowing that communications were established at all times, Keir was even more excited at his future position on Aukate. He just couldn't wait to  get there and see and smell everything. He was so excited he was shaking slightly as his tail wagged side to side slowly.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenny Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:56 am

Zenny stood at attention for quite some time in the Base Ops tent, his eyes wandering idly as he watched various other furs enter the tent with what appeared to be bags full of food. His nose wiggled back and forth as the various smells reminded him of just how hungry he still was. Seeing as nothing was going on in the tent for the time being, he figured it would be ok to fulfill his need to grab a quick bite to eat. Moving to the tent opening and poking his head out, it did not take long for him to catch the heavenly scents coming from the nearby dining hall.

Keeping out of the way of those hard at work he finally arrived at the mess tent and made his way inside. A full buffet line of various fruits, vegetables, and meats were laid out before him in various trays. Never before had he seen such a sight and he licked his muzzle hungrily unsure of where to start. Watching the procedure of how the whole process worked, he mimicked the same picking up a tray in his muzzle and made his way through the line. By the time he exited the line and took a seat at one of the vacant tables his tray was practically overflowing, a testament to his current appetite.
Zenny
Zenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:44 pm

Feeling a bit shamed for not being where he was supposed to be he did notice Tigermark with is tablet.  "If I may," Charon walked up to the white tiger commander.  "Would it be too much to ask if the General is at his tent?  Last time I did check he was busy conducting meetings and I am assuming base matters which didn't need a recruit's ears to listen to.  And..." the cheetah putting his arm behind his head.  "You are right I should be where the General needs his recruits, I apologize to you as well as the General when I do see him but I will remark you were testing me to see if I was ready to return to active duty.  But I am sure he will also put me through his own tests as well."
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:16 pm

The tiger nodded to the slim cheetah.

"That he will, I have no doubt. I'm sure if you go to the Base Ops tent, he or the officer in charge there will be with you before too long. And yes, I'll attest to your testing. Also, if you see any other recruits just wandering, do advise them to get where they're assigned. The Overlord herself is in camp, so you don't want to make a bad impression on her."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:08 pm

"The Overlord, here?" asked the feline. "Guess that's why the camp seems to be a bit more busier than when I arrived. Don't worry, I will quietly remind others of their duties if I do see them wandering about, not to mention remind myself of that as well. Thank you for overseeing my testing."

With a nod of his head to the commander, the cheetah walked back to the Base Ops tent and peeked inside to see if anyone was inside. "Excuse me, Recruit Bond reporting in," he said, listening for an answer.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:05 pm

For the most part, Razor had been silent, listening to Tigermark's words with great interest. He was more than relieved to hear that despite his...goof ups, he wasn't in TOOO much danger. But he'd try to be a little more attentive from now on. Not that he could have help the whole "mega shock to my senses" fiasco, but live and learn right?

From what he understood, service under the Overlord would keep all of them nice and busy, which he was all over. That and the fact that there were places to kick back and have a good time made it even more exciting. In his peripheral vision, he couldn't help but notice a certain wolf's tail wagging from side to side, "Someone's excited about the technology, eh?"

Of course, Razor had no room to talk. His expression had gotten ridiculously excited as soon as the commander had mentioned the dining halls. At the very thought, his stomach began to rumble so obnoxiously loud, one would think he'd been starving.
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:30 pm

Tamara looked at Razor and chuckled softly. "Sounds like someone is already hungry," she commented playfully. "You should have taken a bigger breakfast this morning," she added with a smile.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Keir smiled as he heard Razor comment about the wolf's reactions to the electronics. "Oh, well, I've only seen a few of these from really far away back on Tiurai and wasn't exactly sure what they were. Plus, I love to fiddle with new things, not that I would do anything to the tablets. That's R&D's job," Keir replied laughing, as he scratched the back of his head.

"It's just really cool to look at. And I might need a crash course in how to use one!" he laughed again before returning his gaze back to the white tiger. "Commander, one more thing if you don't mind?" Keir asked as he ran his gaze around the campsite. "Exactly how will the military stuff be set up? Like the squads or "groups" and the watches and things like that?" The dark wolf's voice carried a tone heavy with curiosity, though he kept his mind tensed in case what he was asking dealt with classified information he wasn't aloud to know yet.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:20 am

The bears ears where the whole time swiveled towards the others and he also had a deep chuckle as he heart Razor stomach protest that he wasn´t been feed in some time.
His mind was also reassured as he heart that the commander said that there where no real chance that anyone here would be dismissed after all the work they put in the application for the Overlord.
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:44 pm

While still waiting for General Steele to return with the report on how he had performed with cleaning the makeshift Autopsy tent. Shard felt that he should do something to pass the time as he had been given no assignments other then to wait. He also knew that he couldn't go off and do anything he felt he could do as he knew that would get him into trouble and quite frankly he had done enough in the last three days. So instead Shard stood his ground and began going through a few meditative movements.
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Socks was enjoying the meandering chat, and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the Overlord was in a somewhat casual environment. She was thinking a bit about some of the projects they were working on over at the Citadel, trying to decide which ones she would enjoy working on.

When she got a chance, she asked the other recruits "So, if you could get it approved, what personal project would each of you have, given resources available over at the Citadel? I'm usually not much on coming up with my own ideas, but I've always been fascinated on the ideas behind Mind/Machine Interfaces. Brains and computers; two great things that go better together!"
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:28 pm

Archeus nodded. What a joy it would be to be able to convey to you what I'm thinking directly. Such an interface would speed communications ten thousand times.
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:33 pm

Alec nods and smiles at Socks's idea. "Well, I'd thought of an interface that would allow interaction with a person's dreams, mostly allowing them to be monitored or recorded. But that idea has the potential for abuse and so the higher ups encouraged us to focus on another one when we had our first test."

"Our dreams are the only places where can have time apart from each other," Lukas explained. "It was a respite we welcomed ever since we were children. Our lives aren't quite as dire as they once were, but our dreams are still comfortable, for the most part."
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Archeus thought about what Ceslatos said. "Well yes invasion of privacy is a huge concern, and I'm in agreement that is a clear distinction that needs to be made.
What I'm thinking about is a more mechanical interface. For example you walk in a room that is unexpectedly dark and there is Smart lighting that could sense this.
Or perhaps adjust climate controls based on an individuals needs.
Now I realize that having this in a room with a large group may present certain challenges, but what I'm asking is if it's even possible?"
Archeus sat down and starting writing down some thoughts.
"You know I just remembered something. Many creatures have Magnetite in their brains. It's what allows migratory species to know where they are or what direction to follow."
Archeus looked away tapping on the table.
"Hmmmmm now how would you quantify that phenomena? There is certainly a lot of energy being expelled, capturing it then distilling an output."
Well before I get to ahead of myself. Socks this is your idea. If you want to pursue it I'm certainly on board."
Archeus looked back at Ceslatos, Ian and Garran.
"OK guys...are there other ideas? Now is a good time to start putting stuff forward."
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:35 pm

Socks laughed, "hehe well I was just thinking of starting relatively simply. Maybe a kind of coprocessor that could help the user figure things out, or possibly some kind of storage system. Nothing that would really communicate outside the body."

She looked at Garran, "I know you've probably got some experience with the actual interface part, what with your arm and all; maybe we could take your notes and find a way to miniaturize the circuitry? I think that will be the biggest hurdle, and if we can get a head start on it by basing it off an existing implementation..."
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyotecanuck Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:33 am

Ian pondered for a moment. "I'm really not sure what sort of idea I would start with, to be honest" he replied. "I usually have several things rattling around in my head at the same time and it can be a bit tricky to decide which one I would like to work on. I suspect I'll have a much better idea after we get to Aukate and see what sort of resources we'll be working with."
Coyotecanuck
Coyotecanuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:05 pm

The brothers thought about other possible ideas to pursue with research and development. After a few moments, Alec piped up again. "Dental regeneration? I think maybe we could find a way to stimulate broken teeth into repairing themselves again, so fillings would be a thing of the past. That might be possible soon."

He had vague recollections of reading about the idea online, though he didn't remember if it was a speculative science publication or the Overlord's own medical technology already having this advancement. What an embarrassing mistake it would be if the latter were the case.
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next