Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

+23
Darius Steele
Hector Fen
Garret Silver
Archeus
Artemis
Akkarri
Schemmer
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
KeirStryker95
Socks the Fox
Dragonwolf
Solitair
Sylvian
TheSphinx
Secateur
Tigermark
KRancourt
Rotors91
tobi3B
Shard Loren
Merrihop
Admin
27 posters

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 26 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Merrihop Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:35 pm

As the storm rolled in, Sunny took a deep whiff of the stormy air, but nodded in agreement with the others and gathered up what she could in her little arms, trotting after Keir. Once they were in cover, she set down her load and peered outside, ears perked at the storm. They had storms back home as well, but she'd always rather enjoyed them as long as she wasn't in danger.

She glanced up at Keir and smiled, "This thing built up faster than I remember at home."

Her grey eyes flitted back into the tent to be sure everyone else was safe and sound, ears pivoting around, "I hope everyone else outside got to cover."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 26 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by KeirStryker95 Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:18 pm

"It most certainly did. If I'm not mistaken, this is what the humans call a "Typhoon" or, "Hurricane". But I could be wrong. It may just have been forming very close off shore to begin with then ran into a thermal and built up rapidly ..." Keir trailed off, responding to Sunny's musings as he watched the sky grow darker by the second. In the same instant that looked back the bench were he and Sunny had just been sitting, it started raining as if someone were dumping out buckets of water, the drops nearly as big as ripe grapes.

He pulled himself from the spectacle to see Razor and Angus placing the rack down at the back of tent. They were going to need to be here for a while and find ways to the tent down with the wind gusting as it was. he just hoped it didn't get any worse.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:58 pm

Razor laughed, following the bear to the rack and grabbing the front end, “Last ah checked, guns didn’t go ‘chitty chitty’, man”. Lift the rack with Angus at the rear, the shark followed the others to the tent as the storm began to get rather wrathful. “Personally, ah don’t find gettin’ wet all dat bad. Heck, I came to the island wet for cryin’ out loud! Not tah mention mah natural ability to deal wit bein’….wet…all over. “

He’d had a feeling the weather was going to get a bit nasty today, the steadily lowering pressure throughout the day being one of his first clues. His gills flared a bit, absorbing the oxygen from the moist air. Razor always found it easier to breathe on land when the air was thick with moisture and he hardly minded a good, cleansing storm….but he definitely didn’t want to get the shock of his life if this lances got wet.

As they ducked into the tent with the rack, a loud crash of thunder shook the ground beneath his feet and the electricity in the air tingled along his sensory net. “Ya’ know, normally I’d be in the water fo’ this kind o’ thang. Git real deep where there waves to reach and jest kind watch from a different perspective” He said, moving his way over to peer out  at the buckets of water falling from the sky, “Its real REAL legit...my momma hated when ah did it though. Said I'd get mah self stuck in a water spout if ah wasn't careful.”
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:46 am

"Not a typhoon, Recruit," Tigermark mused, almost to himself as he surveyed the building storm. He wasn't worried about the tent holding, as he'd supervised it being put up a few days before. He'd checked the tension on the lines that morning before the recruits were up and about.

"But more than a usual afternoon storm, too. My guess is a tropical wave formed and is sweeping through. It should pass in an hour or two, but the wind and rain will be pretty-"

An extremely loud crash of thunder immediately followed the blinding flash of lightning that interrupted the tiger. This was followed by the crash of a tree falling somewhere along the camp perimeter. Tigermark resumed without missing a beat.

"Will be pretty wild. Okay, everyone settle in for now, and I'll tell you about life in the Citadel."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:09 am

"I see. Thank you Commander," Keir replied to the white tiger affront him. Seeing the lightning flash above them had prepared him for the thunder, but hearing the tree snap made Keir flinch visibly, his head dropping a good few inches as he crouched slightly. "That wasn't very good. Hopefully it didn't land on an important tent, or worse ... on someone ... And from the sound of it, it was a big one." Keir thought to himself as he reluctantly turned away from the tent flap and the beautiful, raging machine outside. If they were going to learn more about where they were to eventually end up, that works too.

Keir grabbed a foldout chair from the trundle/cart-thingy in the tent and opened it up before deciding to offer it to Tigermark instead, thinking it was better the Officer of the group had the first seat. The tall wolf then grabbed a few more to pass out to the group.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:18 am

The tree crashing in the distance has Razor flinching slightly. Hopefully it wasn't on anything important...hopefully. Hearing Tigermark mention about hunkering down for a spell while the storm raged, he was all to eager to hear about what kind of things went down on the Citadel.

"Ya' mean its story time?! Ah love story time!!" If it was even possible, his grin grew even bigger as he took the offered chair from Keir with a word of thanks before unfolding it. Turing the chair around, he sat on it backwards, arms crossed resting a top the back of the seat. He laid his chin on them, looking at the white tiger with great interest in his green eyes as he waited for him to speak.
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:49 am

Archeus finished collecting her thoughts and drying off. She stood to survey the rest of R&D, thankfully everything had weathered the storm as it was designed.
Looking back at the group "Guys while its still a little wild out there this may be a good time to discuss our model. Doctor Silver asked that along with our written proposal we submit drawings and a small scale version model. We have lots of materials to design something easy. I was looking at the box full of plastic sheets and the cabinet in the back has glue and a good assortment of wooden dowels. I'm open to any and all ideas. We're pretty much where we need to be on the proposal. Garran and Socks handed me a mountain of paper work I still need to collate." "Alec, Lukas and Niko would you and Ian clear us off a work space and see what all else we have access to, and marshall it together please? I figure this can be a good way to spend our time while waiting on the weather. And if we are called on to assist in repairs or recovery we can drop this task very easily. Garran if you and Socks don't mind would you like to draw up a sketch for our model? I'll grab some tools and be right over."
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 26 Empty day 2

Post by DeanFox Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:44 am

Heading back to base ops the smell of rain comes quickly.  looking around I put my boots back on and start helping get the things on the dock get put away lest they get wet.  Taking the large assortment of tarp covered boxes to a large "warehouse" with many hands make light work.  "Get in here."  yells the voice of the fellow cadet's as the first drops of rain hit the ground.  "you guys are afraid of a little rain? I'm heading to my tent I'll see you when it's over."  walking briskly towards my tent as the thunder and lightning come and the heavens open up like there's more water than air, hearing the lightning strike something and seeing the tree come crashing down between my tent and the one next, nearly panicking for a moment but remembering that there is nothing there a clear path to the trees.  heading into my tent I shake right at the tent flap, and head inside to get away from the lightning. Drying off I change uniforms, hang the first up to drip dry, stow things away, and begin making a revised list of things.

1. music player,
2. tablet computer
3. 3d printer
crossing my legs to think my boot is ice cold "WAIT!" popping the bottom off this boot. "DUH!" I switch off the power and close it up.  So my 1st prototype snow boot made it with me.  sitting in my tent I begin to draw up the rest of the plans from memory.  little panels all throughout the boots, pants, and jacket with hood that covers the face the cold side facing out the warm side facing in sort of a coin sized space heater on one side and able to be held on the pad of your hand.  Doodling the self powering device a modified self powered watch mechanism that uses movement to generate power.  
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:44 pm

Angus jerkt slightly as the thunder came down frowning afterwards as he heart the groaning of breaking tree. He took a peek outside to see a tree crashing down thankfully nowhere near other recruits or their tents..
Hearing Tigermark mention the storm and that it was suppost to pass quickly he nods to himself.
" On Noema we got froststorms and such and normally we keeped inside and where talking or palying boardgames."
He turns back to the others " at least here we can keep dry"
he accepts the folding chair from Keir and sits near the opening of the tent
keeping one of his ears outside.
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:31 pm

At the sound of the horrible crack of a tree coming down, Sunny's eyebrows went up and her ears lay down, "That didn't sound very good..."

She poked her head and slinky neck out of the tent flap and into the pouring rain to get a good look around. Not seeing the fallen tree on anything or anyone in immediate view, she breathed a soft puff of relief and withdrew her now sodden head into the tent again.

She wrung her ponytail out at the entrance and then went to accept one of the seats Keir was offering, finding a place to put herself, ears pivoting toward the commander curiously.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Shard had hurried over to a nearby tent when the storm hit. Picking a random tent he entered what turned out to be General steel's tent. After a quick shake down he looked out the tent flap as the rain came pouring down and the wind howled. "I've only ever seen a storm like this on TV...We only get Blizzards where I live." He turned to General Steel and asked with Honest curiosity "Do you normally get storms this bad on this island?

Last edited by Shard Loren on Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:54 am; edited 4 times in total
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:12 am

Archeus gathered up her tool pouch and sat it down on the table. "Socks, Garran, Ian, Alec, Lukas and Niko had just finished collecting all their gear.
Well folks why don't we".........Lightning Flashes thunder booms and suddenly R&D is in the dark.
"Well what I meant to say is why don't we go check on Commander Tigermarks group. Just want to make sure they're alright."
"We can get back to this after the storm is over and power is restored. Sound OK?"

Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:27 am

Socks squeaked in surprise as the lightning zapped whatever caused the power to go out so near by, as the tent suddenly went dark. Once she realized everything was fine, and heard Archeus suggest heading over to the Military tent, she agreed. Once her eyes finally adjusted to the dark enough she gathered up some of her personal stuff and made her way towards the entrance of the tent to help the others.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledoux Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:37 am

Ledoux was coming in and out of consciousness. Her main concern was not for herself but for Zenny. She new there may be predators around. With all her will she managed to grab Zenny and pull him to the tree line and tried licking his wounds. "Oh Zenny how did you get entangled in all this?" She gnawed at the fishing line but lost her strength pretty rapidly, her desperation she kept hidden. Zenny moaned in pain. Once again she passed out by his side but this time a little less out of sight.
Ledoux
Ledoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:43 am

Tigermark pulled out a folding chair and had a seat. he had to smile at the recruits who all now sat looking in his direction, but also managing to watch the storm as it raged outside. The sight of Sunny with her head and face soaking wet was so cute it nearly derailed his train of thought, but with a deep breath he began.

"Life on Aukate' as a minion of the Overlord is, really, a very good life. The Citadel, which you'll soon find out is nicknamed 'the Lair,' covers approximately 8 square miles. It is built inside the crater of an extinct volcano, and is built into the sides of the crater, so it makes a sort of reverse tower, with the center courtyard being a garden center for those there to walk in, sit and enjoy. Your accommodations as junior enlisted minions will consist of two to four person apartments. Junior officers share a two bedroom apartment with a common living area, and senior officers have private apartments. There are multiple levels of work areas, chow halls, libraries, machine shops, meeting areas, a gym, and a hangar bay. We don't have a movie theater as such, but most any movie you'd want can be streamed from the central library over the island intranet. Outside internet access is available, but just like your access at home on the islands, it is very regulated. Normal work shifts are eight hour days, but alerts can bring you on duty at any time you're needed. Some of you will also work off-shift, as the military has to keep a security force ready to help base ops with internal/external security at all times. Some of that will include guard duty. Base Ops provides most of the ready internal security, but we are responsible for the external security of the base. Don't worry, you'll still have plenty of time to pursue whatever hobby or interest you'd like."

"The food on Aukate' is very good. The chow halls go out of their way to provide good, wholesome, tasty meals to suit the needs of all our various carnivores, herbivores, and omnivores. Even desserts fit for a-"

Tigermark stopped mid-sentence as a loud BOOOM immediately followed a brilliant flash of very close-by lightning. The lights in the tent went out, but with the flap still partially open, once everyone's eyes began to recover from the lightning's flare, they could see reasonably well. Tigermark stood up.

"That was close, and it seems to have got the incoming line or distribution station. I'm thinking we should go check on the R&D and Base Ops folks if we can."

The tiger no sooner got to the entrance of the tent than he almost collided face to face with Professor Archeus coming in to check on them.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:52 am

As Archeus started to enter the Commanders tent she came face to face with the commander Tigermark on his way to check on the R&D group. Archeus chuckled to her self. "Well if nothing else this proves brilliant minds tend to think in like circles. Do you suppose there is a spot of room for our group to take refuge for a bit?
We haven't seen most of the folks in here for a bit and this may be a good time to get reacquainted and share some stories till the weather blows over. If that's OK?"
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:53 am

Tigermark stepped back and gave a courtly bow, sweeping his arm towards the inside of the tent.

"All fellow minions are welcome here. Please come in, grab a chair and have a seat. The main storm seems to be overhead, so this should blow on through in a little while."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:31 am

Once invited in, Socks stepped to the side and a bit away from the others before shaking off. Brushing down her fur, she looked around before taking an empty seat, eager to listen to some of the stories the others told. She looked to see who she had sat down with, finding she had taken a seat with an adorable little marten that didn't look like she was meant for military work, and a wolf that definitely looked like he was. She remembered seeing them around the camp yesterday, but couldn't place their names.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:22 pm

Keir looked up when the lights went out, and he saw the filament flash and pop apart. Hearing voices to his right he turned towards the tent flap to see some of the recruits from R&D he had seen earlier, including the blue winged tigress, the brothers, the sphinx with the mechanical arm, and a few others. He watched a fox with vibrantly colored hair pull up a chair and sit close to him and Sunny.

"Hi! The names Keir. I happened to see you and your group around the camp earlier today, but I didn't catch your name?" Keir said he extended a hand-paw out to the fox.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:46 pm

"Jade Fisher," she introduced herself to her new friends, "but most people call me Socks." She shook Kier's hand, then offered it to the marten.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:25 pm

"What a great name. And it matches your hair. Coincidence?' Keir chukcled as he listened to Socks, then turned his attention back to the Commander waiting to here more about Aukate. From what he'd heard so far, it sounded like it would be a rather cool place to live under the Overlord. He began to imagine what she looked like and how she acted.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:27 pm

From what little he’d heard so far, Aukate sounded AMAZING. The living conditions he could deal with and the fact that there was a gym in the Citadel….or Lair…Lair, that sounded so much cooler, thrilled him to no end. Then Tigermark mentioned the food and the shark knew, KNEW he’d made the right choice in enlisted. It’d be busy enough to keep him from being bored out of his mind, and he’d be fed quality meals…this was good for him, seeing as  he didn’t have any cooking skill whatsoever.

Just as he was getting comfortable, the loudest crack of thunder sounded very, very close to the tent. Having been so absorbed in Tigermark’s talk, Razor hadn’t sensed it coming at all and jumped in surprise, proceeding to flail and fall gracelessly from the chair backwards with seat falling after him. “Oh….that was…that was loud…” And embarrassin..

Glancing towards the entrance, his eyes adjusted to the darkness enough to make out Tigermark greeting the tall tigress and some other members from the R&D crew who come to check on them it seemed. Guess they were joining the little pow wow as well. Righting himself and his chair, he re-took his seat  and basically pretended he hadn’t just made a fool of himself a mere few seconds ago, “’Ey guys! Welcome to the party! Would’ah got y’all some glowsticks, but the storm dun’ took care ‘o that fo’ us”. As if in reply, there was another sudden flash of lightning, brightening the entire interior of the tent before leaving them all in darkness once again.

Razor winced at the thunder that followed, "Geeze, storm can't take a joke...."
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:52 pm

Sunny listened curiously to Commander Tigermark's description of the Citadel and life in it. Her eyes went a little wide at all the options, but the crashing of thunder snapped her out of her thoughts and she looked around, then spotted Razor on the floor. She stifled a small chuckle and leaned over to check on him, "Are you alright?"

The entrance of the other recruits made her smile, she hadn't really met many of the others, so she waved in greeting and made room by scooting her chair a bit, "Hi! Nice to meet you guys!"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:56 pm

When you feel nervous about something, is sometimes relieving when that thing actually happen.

It wasn't being afraid of lightnings, that would have been ridiculous; he was excited by the power of the storm.
It was just the feeling that Murphy's Law was going to strike sooner or later.
That's why, when the lightning struck so near them, and let them without light, Garran began laughing. It was a deep, loud belly laugh of satisfaction, also fueled by the rush of adrenaline due to the blast.

"I love storms!" he stated when he stopped laughing. "They give everyday life a good dose of adventure."
He watched his friends in the little light with a warm smile.
When Archeus mentioned going to the other tent he agreed. "Just wait. I need a rubber glove to cover the left hand, I don't want to point a finger and get zapped." And he laughed again, following out the rest of the group.

In the military tent there was another merry group. He flapped his wings a little before getting inside.
"Commander Tigermark" Garran addressed the tiger, nodding respectfully, "It's a pleasure to meet you again." Then he turned the attention to the rest of the group. "Hey guys! Nice to see you too!"

Garran looked around for a moment. Seemed that the power shortage was vast.
"Wait. I have an idea. Just wait for me"
He went back to R&D and returned a minute after with a light bulb. He raised the left sleeve of the uniform and fiddled with his arm a bit, finally pulling a few wires out. "These batteries have a low voltage, but they should do until power is back."
And a warm, candle-like light radiated from the bulb as he wrapped the wires around the base. At least enough to better look at the faces.
"So, did we interrupt something?"
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:11 pm

Archeus smiled politely, "So good to see you again Commander. I believe we were ready for a break." Looking around the tent, Archeus gathered in all the familiar faces. "Your team looks to be weathering the storm in fine fashion." With her towel still around her neck she rubs her head and laughs. "Humidity is up a little bit."
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next