Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) Empty On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Admin Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:17 pm

Darius rubbed his temples as he stepped off the boat. His cane made a soft thud as it tapped along the gravel path leading up to the training grounds. "It's only for a week" he mumbled to himself as he descended the small hill and was met with the view of so many tents and sparring grounds. At first glance he could tell which of these new recruits was going to give him trouble and which might actually show promise. He shifted his weight on his cane and tried to stand upright. Don't show weaknees, don't. He repeated in his mind. It hadn't occurred to him that he was the only human-like person these natives had ever seen so when several stopped and stared at him it took him a bit by surprise.

To one that dared to wave he inclined his head and slowly closed and opened his eyes before slipping inside a nearby tent labeled OFFICER'S QUARTERS. For the next week he was to help train these animals into shape. The former Darnathi commander looked over his notes for his new assignment and peered out the flap in his tent to match files with faces he saw on the training grounds.

Today was going to be a very long day.

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Socks the Fox Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:06 pm

Socks was a little disappointed that the stranger didn't return her wave. She shrugged her shoulders and said to her friend working next to her "I guess he's busy. Oh well, he went into the officer's tent, I think we'll be seeing more of him!" with a smile.

She went back to the task at hand, assembling some widget or another, but after a moment looked up and asked her friend "What exactly are we doing? I mean, I know how we're doing it, but not what."

She finished up the one she was working on, and as she started working on the next wondered aloud "I think it was an officer that told us to do this... I can never remember those little details on the uniforms. Heh, watch, we're probably doing some grunt's work for him."
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Sylvian Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Doctor Sylvian Greymyst walks off the transport ship that has brought him, as well as other support staff, to the small island of Kua'Kua just off the coast of the main Isle of Aukate. Hefting his travel bag over one shoulder he takes a moment to stand on the small wooden dock and look around. It had not been a long trip, nor a surprising one for the Wolf Doctor, a fresh wave of recruits had come into the ranks, and they were in need of training.

Of course, he was not here to train anyone, not really. He was here to make sure no one had to go home early due to bad injuries, sickness, or other such medical related emergencies. Of course, if anyone showed interest in Medical, it would be a disservice to the Overlord and his fellow Minions if he did not supply them with the information they needed! No one had, as of yet, ever seemed very interested. The research part of R&D was always more interesting. Explosions and bunny rays tended to suck up all the young scientific minds, flashy exciting breakthroughs in the properties of transforming matter into cute little puppies or bunnies was a much more fulfilling job in the eyes of a fresh recruit.

They'd learn in time, medical work was much more rewarding when it came to helping your fellow creature! Why, there was nothing more satisfying than nursing back to health your fellows so they could go on and do what needed to be done. You are the backbone of the whole workforce!

Taking a deep breath and starting down the pathway towards the tents Sylvian smiles warmly, inclining his head to most of the recruits he passes on his way there. The feel of the gravel beneath his paws a familiar, welcoming sensation after the cold wood of the boat's deck.

Arriving at a tent marked 'Officers Quarters' he stops and clears his throat and adjusts his glasses before lifting the tent flap, his warm smile still on his face.

"General Steele, I hope I am not interrupting you're attempts to acclimate yourself into your command here," He motions his head to the stack of papers, knowing all too well the pain of paperwork, he continues on, his voice growing soft and quite so as to not be overheard by the recruits, "But, you've not been out of Medical that long, and I wished to make sure that you're doing alright after the short voyage over here from the mainland. Make sure you're feeling alright before I go set my own stuff down in the medical tent."

He would wait a few moments to see if the General would invite him in, before coming in and lowering the tent flap so as to keep the bugs and the recruits out should the General wish to speak to him. Darius can order him to leave, but as a Doctor he still wished to make sure his commanding officer on the Island was in good health and able to whip these new recruits into a shape worthy of wearing the uniform.
Sylvian
Sylvian

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:41 pm

The Ceslatos brother were used to being stared at. When they got on the boat to Aukate, Lukas did his best to ignore the sensation of being stared at in public. It wasn't easy with Niko smirking and asking the passengers if they'd ever seen conjoined triplets before, and with Alec cheerfully answering any questions the rubbernecking bystanders had for him.

"Do you never tire of answering the same questions repeatedly?" Lukas asked him, giving him the slightest glance up from his tablet computer. Alec just smiled and gave him his one-shoulder shrug while Niko drummed some fingers on the table.

Thankfully the trip over was short, and the brothers got up and left the boat, carrying their tent on their back and their meager luggage with their lowest pair of hands. The waiting area for the recruits looked rather chaotic and unruly, a sprawl of tents and recruits breaking bread with their fellow hopefuls. For a moment they wondered where they should start.

"What about her?" Alec asked, looking over at Socks tinkering with some sort of device.

"Yeah, she looks pretty cute," Niko said.

Lukas peered her way, squinting in an attempt to discern her little project. He gave them a curt nod before they started approaching her.

"Hello," they all said in unison when they stepped next to Socks. Lucas tilted his head to observe her handiwork more closely.

"Excuse me," Alec said to her, extending his hand out for her to shake. "We're new here, and we were wondering if you knew if there's anything we should do to get signed up for recruitment. Oh, and Lukas is also curious about what you're doing, too."
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Shard Saw Dr. Greymist approach the Officers tent and decided to approach. Waiting until the good Dr. had finished speaking before he offered a greeting. The Arctic Fox looked back to the group he had just been part of, the group had been given a break by their instructor. Some looked like they were struggling to stand after the exercises they'd been put through. he chuckled as he remembered himself doing the same when his parents trained him so long ago.
"Hi, my name's Shard, Shard Loren." He said extending his paw in greeting.

Last edited by Shard Loren on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:54 pm

"Come in Doctor" Darius reached over and did his best to shut the flap behind the Doctor. He wasn't exactly antisocial, but he wanted privacy. "Thank you for coming, Doctor Silver needs to recover from the latest attack and I would feel uneasy not having a medical professional close at hand." He got up from his desk after he finished the current file he was perusing. "I'm not certain what standard protocol is but I'm still catching coughing fits. Not sure if there's anything to be done about extended lung damage." He steadied himself on his cane. "I may need your help in training the other recruits that aren't here for military training. Medical and the like."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:07 am

Survivalist Keir Mahlonne looks out over the balcony of the transport ship that has traveled long and far, preparing to disembark onto a the small rugged island that lay before him. Stepping onto the rough and gravelly sand, shielding his icy eyes from the bright sun. He moved over towards a small group of what appeared to be wolf-like creatures.

"Is this where we're all supposed to gather, I presume?" Keir asked of the nearest wolf.

"You would be correct then," he laughed. I stood and looked over towards the officers' tent where someone resembling a human, to the best of Keir's knowledge, stumbled into leaning heavily on his cane. Keir turned back to the one who had spoken to him earlier.

"Sorry to bother, but I'm a newbie here mate. Would you happen to have any ideas about who or what I should be meeting or doing? Like anything important I should know?" Keir asked of him.

"As of right now," he said, "all you really need to worry about is just following any orders that come down form the officers and you should be good."

"Alright then. Thank ya' for the information laddy," Keir replied, observing the camp. Well, I guess now it's just a waiting game," he thought to himself.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:24 am

Socks looked up and let out a little 'eep' at what she saw. Embarrassed at her reaction she quickly apologized to the man... er, men standing in front of her. "Sorry, I don't mean to be rude. I think I'm gonna have to get used to lot's of new kinds of people real fast around here! Um, actually I have no idea what these are. I was just told to put them together."

"I'm betting they're gonna be used during training," she continued with a gesture towards the camp, "though how, exactly, I'm curious to find out."

She introduced herself to the newcomers, "I go by Socks, by the way. It's a nickname I got from my friends back home, and I think it's cute so I stick with it. I don't really go by my real name, unless it's for, like, formal things."
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:22 am

He was standing at the edge of the camp looking shy around. His carry on bag in one hand he run a hand through is thick brown fur on his head in a nervous gesture.
Looking around to find someone who could point him in the right direction so that he has a bed and can start his training.
He moved to someone near him who looked like he was some sort of commander or lieutnant
"Excuse me Sir. my Name is Angus O'Brown and I would like to sign up"
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Shard looked down at Angus' hand "Sorry man, I'm a recruit here too." He still shook the offered hand "Names Shard Loren. And if you want to sign up, the General's in that tent talking to a Doctor." the arctic fox Nodded towards the officers tent, and was then called to regroup by his instructor. Leaving with a "good luck" he rejoined his group and stood to attention in among a group of other recruits.
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:31 pm

"Uhh thanks " he mumbled shylie embrassed that he did speak to the wrong person.
Straightened up he slowly walks towards the Generals tent.
When he reaches it he stands at attention so that the people inside can see him but can finish their conversation first and foremost
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:31 pm

"pardon me a moment Doctor." Darius used his cane to open the flap of the tent again, the handle caught on the edge and pulled it back. He smiled inwardly, at least it did have its uses. "Come in, Recruit." Darius sat down again at his desk and shuffled through some files until he found one on the bear. "Angus, is it? Welcome aboard, your assignment is right here, take this and find your tent number and you can go get set up. What department would you like to work in?" He flipped through the file. "I noticed you didn't mark it on your sheet." He shut the file and set it back on his desk, leaning forward with his hands folded on its surface. "Do you have any questions?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:55 pm

"Thank you Sir" he says as he takes his assignment
"I ... I didn´t know " embrassed he rubs his neck with his paw "at home I did a lot of differrent things like cooking or washing but I was also on guard duty when we cut wood in the deeps of the forest. You know a lot of feral predators and such. I thought that when I´m finally here I see where you would need someone like me the most."
All the time he stand at attention in front of Darius
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Darius sized the bear up and down with his grey eyes, a hand over his mouth as he pondered his position. "Lets see how you do on the training grounds, we'll throw some different things at you and see where you excel most." Darius pulled another file from the pile. "Dismissed, O'brien...and if you could, on your way fetch another new recruit to bring in so I can give them their assignment. too,"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:24 pm

"Thank you Sir and it´s O'Brown... " he looks sheepishly "ehmmm I´m on my way and will send a new Recruit in " He saluts clumsily turns around and trys to walk fast out.
When he is outside he exhalts and looks around for someone to send in
As he spots three timber wolfs with their baggade still in their hand he walks over and taps the nearest on on the shoulder.
" Sorry to bother you but the ..." he looks towards the tend where he did come from "General ? wants me to fetch a new recruit for him"
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvian Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Moving inside as he is invited in Sylvian remains standing as the General speaks to him,"Thank you for coming, Doctor Silver needs to recover from the latest attack and I would feel uneasy not having a medical professional close at hand."

His smile remaining as he nods. "Of course General, Silver was in bad shape when he came back, and I am hoping he is keeping to light duty." He chuckles and shakes his head though, "Though, I highly doubt it, your friend is nothing if not dedicated. I think he puts in even more hours than I do most days."

""I'm not certain what standard protocol is but I'm still catching coughing fits. Not sure if there's anything to be done about extended lung damage."

Frowning slightly Sylvian nods again before running a handpaw through his hair, "It is to be expected with what you went through, the coughing fits, and as you suspected there isn't anything that can be done, yet at least." He pushes his glasses to sit back in front of his eyes, "Normally we would look into transplant options, or other replacements for the damaged organs. That is not an option though, as besides Silver you would have to get a donor from one of your former crew."

"I may need your help in training the other recruits that aren't here for military training. Medical and the like." the General continued, moving the subject along to why they are on the island.

He would pause a moment as Darius opens the flap of his tent and a recruit comes in. The doctor stands quietly as the General gives the assignment to the perspective recruit, a brown bear by the looks of him, and then asks for the recruit to send in another so that assignments can continue to be handed out.

Smiling and nodding again Sylvian chuckles, "As you wish General. If you require me to aid in the assessment and training of the recruits then I shall be honored to aid you." He adjusts the bag strap hanging from his shoulder, "And remember, the medical tent is always open to you should you feel that you're having trouble breathing or otherwise completing your duties." He then looks over his shoulder and out the tent flap, "I should be going anyway, send anyone who seems to be R&D inclined my way, but it seems you have a lot of work to do, and a crowed of recruits waiting for their orders." He then looks back at the General, "May I be dismissed, sir?"

The doctor then waits to be dismissed, or to see if the General required anything else of him.
Sylvian
Sylvian

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:19 pm

At the dock where civilian vessels were permitted to drop off new recruits, a small fishing boat was preparing to dock. A young female Japanese Marten hopped nimbly off the boat as it pulled in, finding a post to tie off the boat once an older female tossed her the rope.

Once the boat was secure, the captain and his wife joined their daughter on the dock. The short and stocky Least Weasel unloaded a well worn foot locker trunk, decorated through the years by his daughter as she grew up, "This thing's pretty heavy, Sunny. You sure you got it?"

Sunny smiled warmly at her father, nodding, "I'll be fine, Dad. I just have to get it put away and then I can leave it until they send me to the lair."

She was suddenly accosted by her mother, who managed it with a surprising amount of grace, hugging her daughter to her chest and stroking her hair, "I can't believe my baby's all grown up. I'm going to miss you so much, pumpkin."

Sunny pretended to squirm, but turned in her much taller mother's embrace and hugged her tight, "I know, Mom. Don't worry, I can call, and write, and I bet you guys can come visit sometime after I get settled."

Her mother nodded, sighing softly, "I know, I know. Just take care of yourself. Make some friends, and be careful?"

Sunny's father reached out and touched his wife's arm to gently stop her before she got to clean underwear and tooth brushing. The older marten nodded gently and stood by, towering over her husband and daughter as Sunny turned to look her father in the eye. He smiled broadly and hugged her tight, "Sunday, we are so proud of you."

"Thanks, Daddy." Sunny murmured, starting to tear up as she clung to her father, "I'm gonna miss you guys."

He heard her starting to get emotional and pulled back gently, brushing her hair from her eyes, "Now, no tears. We had all those already. You go out there and be awesome, ok, Sunshine? We'll be rooting for you. We love you."

Sunny took a deep breath, steeling herself, and nodded sharply, before throwing herself into a group hug with both her parents, everyone murmuring farewells and words of love. They threatened to crush each other for a few moments, before reluctantly letting go and standing back for a moment. Sunny smiled again, leaning to grab the handle of her trunk, "I'll keep in touch. As soon as I'm settled in the lair, I'll let you know. I love you..."

Her parents nodded, and her mother leaned down and kissed her on the forehead one last time, before they all nodded to each other, and Sunny started down the dock toward the camp. Her parents boarded the small fishing boat again and began to cast off, but her mother stood staring after her for a long time, until her husband came up and took her hand, "Hana, she'll be fine."

"I know, Lucas... I know..."

Sunny paused and turned to wave, threatening to get emotional again, but stopped herself and turned again to start dragging her trunk to camp, grunting softly, "Ok he's right, this thing is really heavy..."

She found a spot out of the way to set her trunk, sighing a bit and wishing they had put wheels on it. But she figured it would be ok here until she had her tent assignment and could put it away properly. So she walked among the tents for a few minutes, until she spotted the officer's tent and approached rather shyly, standing near it for a moment before speaking up, "Excuse me, is this the right place to report in... um... Sir?" She added the formality at the end rather hastily, unsure how much was needed at the moment.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:31 pm

Darius nodded to Sylvian. "Dismissed for now, we'll chat later when things calm down." He pulled the tent flap open and was a bit surprised to see the Marten standing there. "Ah do come in miss..." He looked down at his files his arms raised over them as his eyes scanned the names and species, not finding what he was looking for he consulted the unopened pile.

"Sorry it's been a hectic morning already..." he ran his free hand down his aged face as he found the file he was looking for, glancing at the picture attached and then up to her and back down to the picture to make certain he'd found the right one. "Japanese marten, correct?... Sunday?" He scanned the file quickly, his eyes darting quickly down the pages as he swiftly thumbed through the report.

"Says here you wish to specialize in scouting operations and the like." He slowly closed the file. "Have you any former experience with this? Don't worry if you haven't I'm just getting a gauge on what it will take to hone your abilites and the like." He smiled and extended his hand. "In any case welcome to Kua'kua."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:46 pm

Sunny perked her ears as the apparently human man opened the tent, then stepped inside after him, nodding respectfully as she passed the wolf on her way in.

Standing nearby, she smiled a bit at the mention of a hectic morning. When he spoke her name, her ears twitched in recognition, "Yes sir, that's me. You're welcome to call me Sunny if you want to."

She glanced curiously at the file as it was rifled through, swallowing softly, "Well, I don't have any real... military experience? But I can get through the woods pretty fast. I ran a lot of messages and small packages back home."

Some of the nerves melted, though, when she saw the smile, and she reached out to take the offered hand, "I'm happy to be here, sir. I hope I can help somehow."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Niko flashed a smile Socks's way and nodded. "I agree, it is a cute name. Think you could use some help with those little widgets there?"

"As much as I would like to examine these devices myself," Lukas said, "I believe we should prove our willingness to follow orders by picking up our own from the officer's tent." He looked up to the tent where other recruits lined up.

Niko and Alec followed his gaze, with Niko frowning a bit. "Yeah, I guess. Later, Socks."

"We'll see if we can get in touch later, okay?" Alex said as they got back up.

"Oh, definitely. We'll catch up later. Think you can watch our things while we're gone?" Niko said.

"If it's not too much trouble," Alex said.

They got back up and walked over to the officer's tent, standing in line behind a young Japanese marten. Soon she was called in to speak with the officer in question, who looked rather odd.

"So that's a human, huh?" Niko asked his brothers.

"I think so," Alec said. "He looks kind of busy and irritated, so I don't think we should bring it up right now."

Lukas cleared his throat. "While we're discussing our introduction, I think it would be best if I introduced the three of us myself. Multiple contradictory voices would only create unnecessary confusion, and I think I have the best demeanor for the occasion. Agreed?" His brothers nodded, and they all put their hands behind their back as they listened to Sunny and Darius talk.
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Keir got up and walked across the camp towards the Officers' Tent. "This must be where to go. I've seen a bunch of others head in there," he thought. He stepped up to the flap of the tent and cleared his throat and said aloud, "Requesting permission to enter, Sir," asking permission into the higher up's tent. "I noticed this seemed to be the area to come into to uh, sign up?"
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:13 pm

Over the past several days, the trainees would have possibly spied a strange figure keeping to herself at the outskirts of their camps.  Overall she appeared tall, thin, yet a strange build to her looks, obviously feline, yet thin and with some more canine features, her clothing consisting of cloth and leather.  She seldom was seen without her pack, knapsack, bow, arrows, and what appeared to be a walking staff as she kept to herself looking as though she had the eye of a hunter, scanning about.  In the end, she seemed to be keeping towards the water fishing for her own food, though, in her own mind, she was thinking of the potential of trade with these trainees who might like a bit of fresh meat or fish.  In the end she seemed to stay a short distance away as though not sure if she was welcome yet strangely attracted to the group, making no move to hide from anyone there.

Over the past day or two, she seemed to have gathered a small amount of wares, between collected herbs, berries, and the like from the brush and forested areas, and fresh fish she was catching, eating, and selling.  But today, she appeared to be changing her tactics and set her pack to the side to do a spot of bow fishing before approaching anyone to try and sell.  She slowly stalked through the water, her paws move slowly as to not disturb the fish as she gauged her quarry, quietly knocking an arrow to an agonizingly slow draw before loosing it.  She then made her move to retrieve the fish and her arrow.  Overall her luck seemed to be favorable today, as she had successfully collected more than enough for her own meals and to sell to those who might like a spot of sushi or at least fresh ingredients today.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:28 pm

"You seem to be doing really well today" A voice said behind her. Shard was standing on the bank of the small river. "I'm sorry if I startled you, But I've been seeing you around the camp a lot and I just wanted to come over and say Hello" The Arctic Fox sat on the bank and removed his boots, and slowly dipped his feet into the water. "Aah, feels good to get off my feet."
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:39 pm

Tigermark stood at the edge of the clearing, having just walked up from the dock. He'd ridden over from Aukate on the supply ship, as had several of the new recruits. He'd kept back to himself so as to not be bombarded with questions. They'd get their answers soon enough. The clearing was full of various groups of recruits. The instructors were working on getting them organized, and their progress seemed to be on track. The tiger noticed the tent off to one side. As he watched, one of the medical staff went in, and a short time later one of the recruits, a brown bear, made his way in, emerging a few minutes later. slowly a line of recruits began to form up, waiting to go into the tent. Tigermark walked over and called into the tent, since there was no doorframe to knock on.

"Hello the tent, Commander Darius?"

The recruits eyed him curiously, but since he apparently knew what he was doing, they simply continued to wait in the line.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:42 pm

"Okay, sure!" Socks replied as she tucked the bags away next to her. She didn't think someone would take them, but she didn't want someone to move them and lose them. Socks took a look in the box next to her workspace. "Halfway done!" she exclaimed to the person she was working with. "Maybe we can actually get signed up for training today, assuming nobody stops us again..."
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next