Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day Three: Training continues.

+22
DeanFox
Zenny
Ledoux
Archeus
Coyotecanuck
Solitair
Rotors91
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Tamara
Nightwolf1513
Technocupcake
Akkarri
Sylvian
tobi3B
TheSphinx
Tygon
Astralin
Tigermark
Whitetail
Merrihop
Darius Steele
26 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 18 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by TheSphinx Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:16 pm

Garran looked at Socks.

"Yeah, playing with brain and machines is a hope of mine too." He smiled to her. "And yes, I think miniaturization should be a major thing, along with a way to operate at a non invasive level - or at least as less invasive as we could be." He moved his left arm. "I'm more than happy to give a hand..."

He then continued with the others. "I'd love to find a way to control machines with the mind, more than reading other people's thoughts and dreams. Just let's imagine the possibilities! Exoskeletons for heavy duty would be the less. Scouts could control small drones; on a building site a worker could use heavy machinery as well as his own hands, at the same time, and with far more precision than a pilot - it would actually be like having more than two hands; doctors could operate with mechanical hands that would be as easy to use as their own limbs; we could plug into a computer and upload informations while we obtain them, or cotrol computers with greater speed; multitasking on a single project would not be a problem anymore.
I would be reluctant to make the opposite work, though: letting imput be sent to the brain could be dangerous. But an optical interface, like a virtual reality superimposed to the sight could help having a stream on information about the environment."

But there was something more.
"Have you... have you ever thought that a far bigger project could be finding a way to make artificial nerves? A way to repair a damaged spine, optical nerves. And,consequently, a way to weld brain and machine at a far greater level."

Garran scratched his chin a bit, looking at his friends. "Ah, I'm rambling too much. Can't wait to see what we will work with, though. It's exciting as a christmas present for a cub!
Speaking of which... when will we actually leave for the Lair? I don't think I remember it. Anyone of you knows? Because I can see everyone here has its fair amount of projects on which to work anxiously." He glanced at the Overlord briefly.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 18 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by Charon Bond Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:50 pm

Again, Charon didn't hear anything coming from the base operations tent. He was beginning to wonder if he was just unlucky in finding General Steele, but with an entire tent city to run along with every day operations of the Overlord to run, one could find no fault for the General not to be readily available.

He then noticed a white furred person doing some sort of martial arts nearby. He couldn't remember if he had met him or not but he walked over to him and cleared his throat. "Excuse me, the name is Bond, Charon Bond, nice to meet you," he said, extending his hand in greeting.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:04 pm

OOC @ Charon: We've ended this thread and split it up into one for each division. You'll want this one: https://aukate.forumotion.com/t77-day-three-part-2-base-ops
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:08 pm

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED. to continue find your department in the Day three part 2 and follow the instructions of the officers.

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:42 pm

Just want to say to those that follow this thread that the new forums are at http://forum.overlordcomic.com/

Go ahead and register over there, get your character info set up and whatnot, and get ready for RP stuff! We're aiming to have it started up again after Megaplex.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18