Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day Three: Training continues.

+22
DeanFox
Zenny
Ledoux
Archeus
Coyotecanuck
Solitair
Rotors91
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Tamara
Nightwolf1513
Technocupcake
Akkarri
Sylvian
tobi3B
TheSphinx
Tygon
Astralin
Tigermark
Whitetail
Merrihop
Darius Steele
26 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 10 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by Rotors91 Fri May 30, 2014 4:21 pm

As the PT progressed, Razor hoped he'd remember each and every protocol for proper uniform maintenance. He was pretty good with keeping his stuff in tip top shape, so he was sure it wouldn't be too much of problem for him to keep the uniform neat and well taken care off. And spider silk? That was some of the strongest stuff out there, so he's be hard pressed to actually damage the outfit from day to day usage.

When all was said and done and the commander had given them a break, the shark hovered near Keir to listen in on his conversation.  He was very interested to hear Tigermark's answer for the wolf's first question...but the second had him quirking a brow ridge.

"Eh, s'cuse me man, but ah honestly think if ya in a situation ta git yo' self hurt in some kin' o confrontation, ya goin' get outta it instinctively regardless o' what ya wearin'. Ah honestly feel like a ruined uniform's way easier tah replace than a ruined recruit" He commented, shrugging. He gaze wandered towards the approaching cheetah, recognizing him from the first day at registration....where'd he been?
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 10 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by Tigermark Fri May 30, 2014 4:34 pm

Tigermark looked over holding a paw up to indicate to keir to hold on a second.

"Recruit Bond, glad to see you up and about, but you need to report in over at Base Ops. It's the tent right over that way. If you hurry you can catch General Steele there. Report to him and see what he wants you to do. Dismissed."

He turned back to Keir.

"No, Recruit Mahlonne, the uniform is all in one, but the uniform you have now is not the one you'll have once you reach the Citadel. each branch and rank has a unique uniform detail, and your uniforms there are custom-tailored. As to being in conflict, well, so far we've not had to do any large-scale combat actions. We've repelled a few incursions over the years, but the Overlord's goal is to win through hearts and minds, and not by force of arms."

Having a thought, the tiger went over into the tent and came back with a few sheets of paper.

"here you go, pass these out, they detail the uniforms and ranks. I'm afraid it isn't total, as we have several special uniforms, too, but you'll pick those ups soon enough.."

(See here: Uniform Guide. for the uniform sheet.)

"Oh, and as to the silk the uniforms are made from, well, let's just say it's single-sources from one supplier."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Fri May 30, 2014 4:49 pm

Keir nodded in response to Tigermark's signing to hold. He then turned to face Razor after chuckling a little at the shark's sense of humor. "Well, I meant in such situations as like if my lance gets knocked from my hand and my hand to hand doesn't work, I may have to hide out in the mud or brush or something," Keir said laughing. "And though I may be very tall and powerful, it doesn't really help against someone half my height if I can't reach them!"

Once the Commander had finished talking to the cheetah that had come up just after Keir's questions, he left and Tigermark explained the uniforms some more to the wolf. He nodded and then when handed out the papers, he passed them out to the others as ordered.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Fri May 30, 2014 5:56 pm

Tamara followed her comrades recruits, feeling a bit awkward as she tried to follow the rhythm and the various exercises included in that bit of PT. Run, push-ups, repeat uniform rule, run, sit-ups, repeat rule, and so on. Though, thanks to the help and advices from the other recruits, it wasn't as awkward as it could have been. By the second lap, she was beginning to get into the routine and performed better at the various physical movements, and also did it more in sync with the others. It flowed more naturally now that she knew the routine.

Once the PT was over, she stretched some and walked around a bit to allow her muscles to cool off, giving a bit of a demonstration of her natural flexibility as she stretched, keeping her muscles warm after the effort. She listened the conversation about the spider silk sued in the fabrication of their uniforms, quite curious to know what that single source was, given the number of minions around and the number of uniforms required, exchanging a glance with the others.

She chuckled at Razor's sense of humor, quite in agreement with him, then looked at the cheetah with curiosity. The cheetah was obviously not at 100%, and she inwardly pondered if he'd be allowed to join the training, until Tigermark directed him to Base Ops.

Looking at the sheets with the various uniforms, she then looked up at Tigermark. "I guess that we have those uniforms for when we are at the Citadel, or inside an installation, and that we have specific versions when we are in the field? I mean, as a scout, any of those uniforms would be a hindrance and act like a beacon for anyone around. The dark blue color is passable, but the shiny gold buttons and sleeves..." She shook her head some. "They'd reflect any kind of light and make me visible for miles around. Not really what one expect of a scout..." she finished with a small smirk.

Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Fri May 30, 2014 6:58 pm

The brothers had barely managed to change into their new uniform shirt by the time the Overlord arrived in the R&D tent. It was not as perfectly tailored as they had first thought, being particularly tight around their shoulder blades, but it was still a huge improvement.

They saluted the Overlord when she walked into the tent, or at least tried to. Niko's right hand was the only one which could easily reach it's owner's forehead. Lukas's hand almost hit Niko in the face. They reverted to standing at attention after a few seconds, looking down at the Overlord and nodding along with Archeus.

Though they tried to keep their faces composed, they wondered if the Overlord recognized them. Their case was pretty unique and unmistakable, but the Overlord might not have handled it personally. She had people for that, people they hopes to join if things went their way.

Last edited by Solitair on Fri May 30, 2014 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 30, 2014 8:21 pm

Wolfbane had been nearby, making certain that the troops were where they were supposed to be and giving warnings to stragglers or those who weren't in thier proper areas. She had unfortunately happened by the Military tent and her keen ears had picked up Tamara's remark. The wolf couldn't help it and she slipped into the tent, hackles raised.

"SUCHDELIGHTFULCRITCISIMofourfashionsensefromsomeonewhohasn'tevenbeenclearedpastbootcamp." Bane snarled, "IamtemptedtotellFoxthatanyothernewrecruitcriticisingherchoiceinuniformaccesorizationsgetstogotoworkbucknaked. Ifyoudon'tlikewhatyouaretowearwhileondutynooneisforcingyoutobehere."

Meanwhile in the R&D tent Fox was walking around the display. "So it would show the map as a three dimensional hologram... yes I would have to agree paring it down to portability would be a priority." Fox flicked her ears reflectively. "excellent work the lot of you." She smiled appraisingly at them all and finally turned her eyes on the blue tigress. "I see good things in your future, miss, I need good strong teams in the lair." She found a pile of folding chairs near the corner of the tent and urged the rest to get one and sit. "So, sit down, good work everyone... Lets go around and tell me a little bit about yourselves and what made you choose your line of work."

Last edited by Admin on Sat May 31, 2014 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat May 31, 2014 12:02 am

Sunny's eyes widened a bit, but then she nodded obediently, "Yes sir, right away, sir." She gave Commander Steele a small smile, then left swiftly and scurried over to the R&D tent.

Peering in through the flap for a brief moment, she cleared her throat and went to stand nearby without imposing on the Overlord's personal space or obstructing her view, "Excuse me, Madame Overlord... Commander Steele sent me."

She paused for a moment to avoid barreling over the Overlord verbally, "The Commander asked me to come and see if you had Dr. Naochi's report for him. I'm supposed to take it to him for review, Ma'am."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Sat May 31, 2014 12:15 am

Jess relaxed smiling a little at the Overlord's request, as she just rested back on her haunches forgoing the need for a chair.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am

Inwardly Tigermark nearly jumped out of his fur when Bane suddenly appeared, hackles raised and snarling. Outwardly, he laid his ears down and arched an eyebrow.

"Lady Wolfbane," he stated, giving a nod and salute the dire wolf's way. Then continued.

"Recruit Tamara is a scout, and as such is concerned about remaining unseen while doing her duty. I did not take her comment as a criticism of the uniform for normal wear, but a question about the availability of a special purpose uniform for when stealth is needed. I appreciate your concern, but it is my responsibility to teach these recruits the ins and outs of being a minion of Her Majesty. Please allow me to do so."

And before Bane could respond he added.

"And yes, I am well aware that we do not at this time have any such specialty uniform, because it has not been needed, Ma'am."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sat May 31, 2014 4:27 am

Angus was breathing hard after the PT and tryed to get air back into his lungs at least he was in sync with the others " I need to get in better shape" he thought. After some streching he listened to Keirs questions.
He nodded at Razors comment "yes a damaged uniform can be replaced a damaged recruit ..."
when he got the sheet he looked it over and nearly choked when the commander said that the spidersilk comes from a single source " wow how big is this spider ,at least I don´t have a spiderphobia"
He listened to the others and the commander and then asked " So commander we are more a defensive force to serve and protect the others right ?"
he nearly stumbled as Lady Wolfbane comes into the tent and gulps hard as she beginns to rant at Tamara.
He quickly recovers and salutes her as it is proper.
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sat May 31, 2014 7:25 am

Keir had turned his focus onto Tamara and Commander Tigermark, listening carefully. The tigress reminded him very much of his fiancé back home. Playfull, yet serious and resolute. Tigermark was much the same way. Keir respected that about the tigers.

However, because Keir had been focused on them so hard, he nearly jumped from his boots when Lady Bane came through the flap of the tent behind them, his only warning being the increased growling about something to do with the stealthiness of Tamara's uniform for her.

He slowly relaxed his fur from bristling as he caught his breath. If there was one thing he couldn't stand, it was when things came into his peripheral vision quickly. Granted Lady Bane wasn't moving very quickly, but it still spooked him enough to turn very quickly and get out of the dire wolf's pathway.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Sat May 31, 2014 6:48 pm

Tamara also nearly jumped out of her pelt when Bane stepped in, hackles raised and snarling. The tigress adopted a defensive stance almost immediately, a wise reflex acquired after years of hunting and scouting, only to be baffled by the sight of the dire wolf, and the avalanche of sounds that fell upon her.

Tamara blinked, looking at Wolfbane, while her brain worked hard to process what she had just said, separating all the letters and syllables to organize them into words and sentences that she could comprehend. The tigress felt like she was looking at someone whose voice seemed to be in fast forward, without the usual funny high pitched tone that a voice gets when being fast forwarded on any kind of device.

Tigermark, obviously used to the speed at which the dire wolf spoke, replied before Tamara has finished making sense of what Bane just told her. Tamara's gaze moved between Tigermark and Bane quickly, and she straightened some and saluted Wolfbane. Since Tigermark did it, it meant that the dire wolf is someone important.

"Lady Wolfbane," she said with a respectful tone while saluting. "That was exactly what I meant. My remark was in no way meant to criticize the uniforms, or the Overlord's fashion sense," she explained.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Sat May 31, 2014 8:24 pm

Razor was looking at the sheet the commander had given them with interest. Geeze, the style was just so classy and screamed, "Hey I an important person, you better recognize"...or something a long those lines.

Unlike the other recruit, Razor legit spazzed outwhen the dire wolf entered with a mouth that sounded like she was speaking in tongues or something. He lifted the piece of paper as if he was attempting to shield himself from Lady Wolfbane's words, but relaxed slightly when he realized that WASN'T directed at him. Thank whatever deity who'd created him that he didn't have any fur because he would have been puffed up like a fluffy balloon and even more embarrassed.

He surely hoped NO ONE  had seen that as he coughed awkwardly into his fist, suddenly finding the paper in his hand even more interesting...anything to keep from having to make eye contact with anyone.

He really needed to get passed this jumpy nature of his...but dang that wolf was scary.
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Charon nodded at the captain and followed to where the white tiger had pointed to where the Base Ops tent was. The camp did have a different aire about it for the day he was in the medical tent. Busier, more structured and the way more and more recruits were running back and forth from duties, more dangerous. He had been nearly ran over twice on his way to see Commander Steele; testing his balance and patience passing both. 'One thing to rush about without a head and another to do so with a purpose,' he said in his own mind.

As he approached the tent to where Commander Steele had set up shop he wondered how to gain his attention or someone's attention as these tents really didn't have a door bell system in place. He dared to peek in and saw shapes moving back and forth and low talking. The cheetah cleared his throat a bit and shook the side of the flap of the entrance, hopefully gaining the attention of whoever was inside. "Excuse me, Recruit Bond reporting," he said, raising his voice a bit hopefully to be heard over the noise inside.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyotecanuck Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:07 am

Ian began setting up the folding chairs for everyone. He was still a bit surprised at the Overlord's presence at the boot camp, he hadn't expected to meet her when it was only his third day as a recruit!
Coyotecanuck
Coyotecanuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:25 am

Archeus smiled as the group project seemed to have been a success.
"Thank you Madam Overlord. Well as for myself I had grown tired of not being able to test an design the technology I dream about with limited funds and equipment. I want to build better as well as faster. Science is my life. Also I still have a love of teaching and enjoy helping others learn." With that Archeus gave a bow, stepped back and found her seat.

Last edited by Archeus on Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:17 pm

The brothers bowed as well. "First of all, we're grateful for the operation you sponsored. We would still be handicapped if it weren't for you," Alec said.

"In addition," Lukas said, "we hadn't been able to find much in the way of career opportunities on our home island."

"Màti's a pretty sleepy place," said Niko.

"So we thought that serving directly under you would give us more prestige and direction than any other opportunity. Commander Steele decided to put us in R&D, which we all agree is the right fit for us."

Alec and Niko nodded. They'd come to rethink their initial placement requests. "We're all glad to be here, madame," Alec said with a smile.
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:45 pm

When the Overlord tells you to sit, you sit, even if it is just for a casual chat. And so, Socks sat. She let the others go first, and listened to them discuss their reasoning for joining, all the while inwardly beaming that the Overlord herself complemented their work.

When it was her turn, she explained, "Well, there's really not much to say for me. Growing up in a quiet town, there wasn't much to do. I had always loved figuring out how things worked, but there was never much drive to do anything. When I started hearing about what you were doing here I knew I wanted to be a part of it. I went off to the university for a few years, before signing up here a couple of days ago. I saw it as not only an opportunity to pursue whatever knowledge tickled my fancy, but to do so in a way that could actually impact the world."
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Jess listened on as the others spoke waiting for her turn, when it eventually came she smiled. "Tepetema is a pretty quiet to grow up outside, of the city at least, I was originally a hunter before I started working on designing new things, and fixing things around my town. I had a long while to work various machines and other pieces of technology, but I started feeling stagnated in my small town so i ended up in the city with a few friends working on what ever came my way. It wasn't till a few days ago that i heard about what you were doing out here. I thought it would a good chance to expand my skills, And maybe put a few of my old designs into production. That's pretty much my story in a nutshell."
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Lex watched the others continue to lay out their goods and enter their places in line. Overall she had just kept quiet and watched slowly, avoiding letting her gaze wander too far, though her ears were almost constantly scanning the area. Old habit and hard to break, especially when you spend time in the jungles and many things you hear before you can see. It seemed that many had managed to collect various fruits, nuts, and berries, but she hoped that her selection of guava and clams might be considered a good selection and a haul for the gathering.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyotecanuck Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:12 am

When Ian's turn came, he spoke in an even tone. "I grew up in a rural area of 'Okotopa, and while there was hardly a shortage of things I could tinker with or which needed repair, my resources were quite limited. I had several reasons to enlist, access to greater resources, working for a cause would provide a challenge and I would get to see a part of the world outside of my hometown."
Coyotecanuck
Coyotecanuck

Back to top Go down

Post by DeanFox Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:57 am

(Sorry for not posting anything in a while.)

Wandering in the Jungle for a bit Dean looking for things that he remembers seeing at the market near his home on Noema.  Spotting some plums he begins picking some before deciding to not strip the poor thing bare leaving 3/4 of the plums on each of the plants.  Humming a little tune as he searches for a bit finding some passion fruit again picking a little bit of the plant’s offering.  Looking at a 3/4 full bag and looking around for more things Dean stumbles on a mango tree.  “Dang!”  Craning his head back to look up at the at least 50 foot tall tree.  Thinking to himself “Nothing ventured nothing gained.” Dean ties the loose end of the bag to his belt and starts inching his way up to the lower reaches gathering enough to “fill” his bag without killing himself on the way down he re-ties the knot and holding it loosely in his mouth he climbs down and makes his way back towards camp, checking his watch and noticing the time as running should get him back in time.  Doing his best run he makes it back to base ops to untie his bag and set it down for inspection.
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwolf1513 Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:59 am

Night stood there in place knowing that she had messed up pretty bad ever since she had gotten here. She looks at her bag of goods that she had gathered from the forest with different types of fruits an berries that she had gathered along the river bed or when she was flying from the tree tops. Her ears moved a bit as she heard Commander Tigermark and his troops matching and reciting some sort of code about the uniforms. But she dare not move from her spot since they were getting ready to inspect the bags of goods that everyone had brought from Commander Steele mission
Nightwolf1513
Nightwolf1513

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:47 pm

Garran bowed to the Overlord and sat down. Heh. This was going to be like a group therapy.
He looked at the others and waited his turn.

When it was actually his turn to speak, he looked into the Overlord's eyes, and the voice died in his throat.
He pondered for a bit, tapping a finger. Right.

"The reason... is simply that I absolutely love what I do. There's nothing more satisfying to me that messing with physics and engineering, losing myself in a problem and come up with the best possible solution. The thrill of things that work as predicted and planned, the satisfaction of seeing with your eyes what happens in a new situation, the joy of making and bringing new creations to life, are like a drug. I want, I need, to express myself, and I feel here is the only place where I can really do it. "

Garran suddenly noticed that he spoke without catching breath, and he was leaning onward towards the Overlord.
He straightened and tried to assume a more composed position.
"Well... that's it, I think" he said.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:50 pm

Archeus stood giving a polite nod to the Overlord. "Madam Overlord, thanks again for your time. We have had a very positive experience working on this project and look forward to the future with great anticipation. This is a good group and we wanted to thank you once again for allowing us this opportunity. We stand united and ready to serve." With that Archeus gave a bow and looked back at the other members of R&D and gave a bow to them. "My Thanks to all of you for your dedicated work." Archeus who tended to have a stern look most the time, smiled warmly.
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next