Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

+23
Darius Steele
Hector Fen
Garret Silver
Archeus
Artemis
Akkarri
Schemmer
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
KeirStryker95
Socks the Fox
Dragonwolf
Solitair
Sylvian
TheSphinx
Secateur
Tigermark
KRancourt
Rotors91
tobi3B
Shard Loren
Merrihop
Admin
27 posters

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 13 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Admin Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:30 am

"I'm Doctor Garret Silver." He replied to Socks. "I have your contemporaries to evaluate yet but merely meet me here in about an hour and we can begin the group excercise." He smiled at her and then turned away opening the tent flap and motioning to Gu Jiao. "Your turn sir."

Silver held out his hand for the papers and pulled up the leopard's file on his tablet. Again he seemed to be very slow to read it. While Silver seemed visibly human, like Darius his eyes were a light metallic grey. Allthough he was much shorter than the commander standing a good head shorter he didn't quite have the same intimidation factor that Darius did.

"I get a feeling you were rather isolated from the avaialble technology of these isles..." Silver flipped through the ideas and shook his head. "Your file mentions being capable in psychology but these are clearly inventions, many of which are rather invasive." He paused looking up at the leopard with his silvery eyes. "Where I come from any form of mind reading is a mortal sin, punishable by death if its done without consent..."

He continued to scan the document. "I had expected to see more in the way of helpful treatments within the capabilities of our current facilites. Medicines for chemical imbalances, massauge therapy, pressure point accupuncture. Things that help people. Our ruler is very much against violence and the like, you can see by the shock poles she uses instead of fire arms where her interests lie." He pulled out the stamp and looked at the Leopard again. "Which one of these is your official submission for your evaluation? We'll go into that one with more detail."

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 13 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Tigermark Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:43 am

Tigermark suppressed a grin. These guys were in pretty good shape, but the unfamiliar added stress of doing everything in formation and unison was showing. They were just finishing the leg lifts, and the tiger counted out the last couple.

"Forty-Nine,...and down, Fifty, ...and down. Well done, that's lap one. Up and at 'em. Doubletime, March! Left, left, left, right left. Don't let the pace drag."

He began a Marching jodi, done a bit quicker due to the fact that they were running and not marching.

"Okay, I'll call out the words, you copy and echo each line back to me. I want to hear all four of you, got it? Here we go."

"We now serve the Overlord..."
"We won't get fat and we won't get bored."
"We'll run all day and we'll run all night."
"cause the Overlord's Forces do it right!"
"Sound off." (One, Two!)
"Sound off." (Three, Four!)
"Bring it on down now."
(All Together) "One, Two, Three, Four, One-Two..Three-Four."

"Alright Recruits, Good Job, keep going"

They continued to run, hitting the same stops and exercises as they did the second lap, doing the jodi as needed.

Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:30 pm

Breathing heavily he tryed his best to finish the second round and keep pace with the others.
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:22 am

Razor's breaths were coming faster now as he heart rate rose with the activity, but there was still a lot in him as they continued down the trail for a second time. He repeated the jodi along with the other members of his group, feeling his body beginning to protest a bit from the workout.

Despite this, he only pushed himself harder, refusing to let himself slow. Hearing heavy breathing to his right , his cast a side glance in Angus' direction. Even though it hadn't been unexpected, he felt bad for him. The brown bear seemed like the type that was used to work of some sort....but not this kind of endurance work. Hopefully with time, this would be less of a struggle for the guy...
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:32 am

Archeus looked at her print. "Not my best work, but ok for a start. I guess." She neatly put her pens up, and cleaned up the area around her table. She then proceeded to the front of the tent to have her work evaluated.
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:41 am

Garran was waiting in line patiently, with his two projects, while the officer and the snow leopard were discussing. He heard someone approaching and turned.
"Wow!"
Behind him was a tall blue winged tigress. Really tall.
Garran wasn't used to look other people in their eyes. At home only other sphinxes were as tall as him, and here he found no difference (aside from the triplets, by the way). This woman however had an imposing figure.
"Well, hello. How comes that I didn't notice you before? My name's Garran." he said offering his hand.
He tried to scan her, but she wasn't easy to read.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Archeus was scanning her notes when the sphynx addressed her. She lowered her papers to give him a glance. "Hello Garran, Oh well you know how we felines are about sneaking in places." As She shook his hand and said with a soft smile. "I'm Archeus, nice to know there is another cloud scratcher here."

Last edited by Ledoux on Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:26 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Keir attempted at steadying his breath, making the intakes long slow, and the exhales short, similar to that of turbocharger for the vehicles that the humans drove. He could feel the muscles in his legs tightening from the strain of having to keep going. He repeated the jodi along with the others, making sure to keep every line in his mind so as no to forget it.

He could see Angus' chest heaving and knew the bear wasn't used to such difficult work, having explained about his time in the forest earlier. However, Keir knew the bear had it in him. If he made it through, then he would be the proudest here. And Keir intended to make that well known. Keir watched Razor's tail sway from side to side, keeping his footing wide enough and short enough so as to not step on it. But Keir knew better. There was a time and place for being careful, and although now seemed like it, it wasn't. Not yet at least. He turned his eyes up and continued to watch the trail over Razors head.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Secateur Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Eddie was seriously starting to feel the drain of the exercise. He had to give it his full attention to keep his timing from slipping. When they started running, he visibly steeled himself. The exercises were certainly hard, but manageable on their own. He wasn't used to work in formation, though. He was fairly sure that he wouldn't be very synchronized by the end of the exercise, but determined to keep in unison for as long as he could. His focus on the exercises precluded him from paying much attention to Keir, Angus and Razor besides keeping to their rhythm. From what little he could tell, they seemed to be doing relatively well.

"We now serve the Overlord..."
Secateur
Secateur

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:08 pm

As they approached the clearing for their final stop, Tigermark smiled to himself. They were certainly a determined group. he could tell a couple of them were wearing thin, but overall they'd done well.

As the entered the clearing, he called a halt.

"Squad, HALT! On the ground, last set of leg lifts. Ready, and...Up, ...One, and Up, ...Two..."

They continued on, through to fifty.

"Squad, Halt! Great job, Recruits, now on your feet and walk a bit to cool down. Then we'll go to lunch."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:15 pm

After being dismissed, Socks ambled over towards one of the open areas. She stretched for a bit, loosening up her arms and shoulders after being bent over her drafting board so much, and looked about to try and gauge the time. From the look of things, it seemed to be around lunch time, and her stomach agreed, so she headed over to the mess tent to collect some food.

After grabbing some tasty looking fish, and some pasta in a nice alfredo sauce (and in a flash of culinary brilliance, shredding the fish with her fork and mixing it in) she sat down at one of the empty tables and pondered a bit about the day so far.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:21 pm

As Keir rose to his feet after the final set of leg lifts, he walked slightly off kilter until he was able to regain his breath and balance. He got back in line behind Razor and walked out the tightness now threatening to make him fall over. His stomach rumbled loudly at the thought of food being within his grasp. He patted everyone on the back and congratulated them on completing the heavy duty workout. Looking at Tigermark, he waited for further orders.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:50 pm

With a grunt, the leopard shark finished the final leg lift and let his body fall limp in the dirt. This was brief, as he was soon up again, walking back and forth as he slowed his breathing and heart rate. Despite being winded and a bit sore, it wasn't as terrible as it could have been. His body was feeling great, and his stomach would soon be filled.

Feeling a pat on his back, he turned his face to see Keir and gave him a friendly grin, returning the gesture before getting back in line himself. As he waited for the others, he did some stretches while his muscles were still warm. Bending forward, he grasped his ankles and pulled his chest to his knees, exhaling as he did.   For a bit of fun, he poked his head between his legs, peering at Eddie and Keir from his upside-down point of view before snickering and straightening up. Swinging his arms a bit, he went into a back bend, stretching out his still very sore abdominals before flipping back to an upright position, giving Tigermark his full attention.

Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Angus groaned and streched himself after he made the last of the leg lifts.
He smiled at Keir as he patted him on the back giving also a clap on the shoulder. Slowly he even got his heavy breath under controll and straightend.
It was a hard exercise but he did understand that the commander wanted to test their limits and see how they worked together and alone.
His stomach made growling noises right at this moment wanted to be filled.
He rubbed over itwith one hand wispering " In a moment " and grinned .
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:37 pm

Hearing the bear's stomach, Razor chuckled.

"Heh, Hungry yeah? I can imagine after a work out like that". He gave Angus a friendly nudge in the side, "Hey man, way to keep up and not quit. Had me worried there a minute, but ya' pulled through. Proud o' Ya!"
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:46 pm

"Thanks dude I thought so myself that I had to quit but you know I can´t"
he chuckled. "When I can haul pieces of trees through the woods and fight of predators this shouldn´t stop me "
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Artemis hovers uncomfortably in the tent and finally returns to Hector.  She leans in and whispers to him, "Poppet, I think we're just in the way here.  Everyone is focused on passing their exam and we're probably just a distraction.  How about we go visit the mess tent and get some lunch into you?  Maybe we can call Ace and have him deliver a bit from your latest batch while we wait?"  She pats his shoulders and offers a hand to help him up.  "We'll tell Silver where we're going and have him meet up with us when he's finished testing the recruits."
Artemis
Artemis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:30 am

Hector got up with her help and looked around the tent again. "Sounds like a plan... wouldn't want to distract anyone..." He followed her out the tent and tapped Silver's shoulder on the way out. "We're going to the mess tent, meet up with us there after you're done ok?"

Silver smiled a little and returned his attention to the leopard. While the other two made their way to the mess tent's all day buffet. Allthough Hector wasn't yet all that keen on a non-liquid diet, he was willing to try and find some things he actually liked.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Stewart Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:18 pm

Jiao sighed slightly, mostly at his own incapability. He had been rather, out of tune with what the directions where. He hadn't considered that treatments could be actual inventions, in a sense. He had simply thought he was supposed to create an invention of some kind, and then have all these other things figured out later. Looking down a little, he responded, with a small bow of course.

"In this case, I suppose it would have to be the tea maker, if done right the teas could be incredibly soothing and relaxing, as well as therapeutic to certain injuries and stress so on. I wish i could have contributed more sir."

He was rather ashamed, to say the least. So far he was coming across as pretty useless.
Ezra Stewart
Ezra Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Silver knitted his brows. "Ah sorry, listen..." He pulled Jaio a but further away from the tent and sat him down in one of the chairs nearby, sitting opposite of him in another. "I was a little harsh, thing is research and development's department is very much her Majesty's baby. Very fond of it, and as such she's very particular. R&D is more important to her than any other department so she's very fastidious about what's researched there." He straightened a bit. "But you're in luck! I'm specialized in disease research of the medical field but I know a bit about psychology." He smirked a bit and rubbed the back of his head. "I'm an empath, you see. Where I come from if we abuse empathy we're punished rather gravely, so I have a bit of a knee jerk reaction to more invasive proceedures like this." He pulled out the sheet on the tea maker. "Tell you what though, unless you want this to be your official submission we can talk about some other ideas you might have rattling around in your head, and work from there. I've given you some direction I hope with treatment ideas so if you'd like we can start from there."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:59 pm

“Heh, really.” Garran replied. He scratched his check for a moment, thoughtful.
“Archeus... Archeus... why your name isn’t new to me... Well,” he dismissed his thought with a wave of the hand “since we will be waiting in line for a bit, mind if I ask why you chose to serve the Overlord?”
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Stewart Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Jiao nodded as he listened, and he brightened up a little as the offer of having someone help him along with his ideas.

"I would be most welcome to the help." He said cheerfully "I do apologize for the telepathy device though, I was a little audacious with it's design, and how it works."

Jiao then sat back, and held his goatee in his fist and slightly pulled on it as he thought.

Well let's see, I can't go about reading people's minds, though that would make it much easier. In the sense of psychoanalytical therapy at least, hm.

Jiao looked back up at Silver, and leaned forward a little bit.

"Here is what I am struggling with sir. I am struggling a lot with creating inventions or what not to help with the therapeutic process. I mean sure, I could certainly create a device that would make it so that a PTSD patient could be slowly alleviated from the problems that come with that, and eventually make it so that the patient either forgets or no longer thinks about what caused the issue in the first place. Then though, what is the point of the psychologist, the psychologist becomes more of a liability than the device. So instead I suppose you could just create devices that would help ease the patient and make them calmer, but that doesn't really fix the issue, and I am sure the Overlord already has tons of devices like that already. So perhaps if I made a more efficient system of diagnosis? Though I am not sure how badly you guys would need that."

Jiao stroked his goatee again, though a little perturbed to say the least.

"I guess my confusion comes from what exactly you need right now. I don't know what you guys are really needing badly."
Ezra Stewart
Ezra Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:58 pm

Archeus giggled to herself. "Why not at all." She said. "It seems I had run myself in a rut. I had been teaching for a bit, as well as being a hired gun for some private engineering firms. I kept finding myself being the one who was cleaning up others messes rather than being able to pursue ideas I knew were not crazy just under researched. This plus I have a deep deep love of these islands. I don't like the idea of outside forces getting the upper hand. Having studied the way natives have been historically treated by invading forces. I much prefer the notion that the rest of the world see us as a strong stable force, that would best be left alone. That and I like to wrestle every now and then. "Archeus tilts her head down and looks at Darran with her eyebrows raised. "The colleges frown on that behavior for some reason?" Archeus tilts her head back up. "But don't worry your safe, for now." She said with smile. "So tell me, what's your story?"
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:09 pm

"You'll be better acclimated once you get there, right now it's more or less assessing your capabilities, you have some very ambitious ideas, no doubt. Once you're in the department you'll have a better idea of what is needed and what isn't. See things very rarely stay stagnant at the lair, everything's in a constant flux so we may need psychotherapy for a week or so at a time, and in others there might be a lull so recreational accupuncture, massauge, things that help both mind and body in more abstract ways."

He pulled out his tablet. "There's a creature we had back on the ship called a Chirr, they were merely given to people with....uh... emotional and mental trauma. They release pheromones to help people feel better." He paused and took out a stylus, jotting notes down in a language that was clearly not in english even with a doctor's handwriting. "I think though you're focusing too much on the invention side of Research and Development. People with that kind of trauma don't want to deal with a machine even if it spits rainbows, they want to talk to a person, and get treatment that actually helps them on all fronts." He jotted down a few more notes.

"Allow me to give you an example, In rapid sucession a doctor nearly looses two patients, undergoes self harm and exhibits self destructive tendencies over and over again to the detriment of his health, well being, and the dismay of his friends and loved ones. This is not a man who wants to be put in a room with a machine." His hand shook slightly and he concentrated on steadying it. "So presented with that man, Mr. Jaio... what would you do?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:45 pm

Artemis slips her arm into Hector's and leads him out of the tent, glancing for a moment at Silver and the leopard. "Look at him, poppet. He really seems to be in his element." She gives the elf's shoulder a pat as they head to the mess tent.

"I heard that they have some of the recruits foraging as part of their test. This might mean fresh fruit, or.. well.. badly bruised fruit. Maybe the chef will have some preserves we can take home." She laughs.
Artemis
Artemis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next