Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

+23
Darius Steele
Hector Fen
Garret Silver
Archeus
Artemis
Akkarri
Schemmer
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
KeirStryker95
Socks the Fox
Dragonwolf
Solitair
Sylvian
TheSphinx
Secateur
Tigermark
KRancourt
Rotors91
tobi3B
Shard Loren
Merrihop
Admin
27 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 16 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Tigermark Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:31 pm

Tigermark took his time, making sure everything at the weapon's racks and military training area was secure and put away correctly, and then walked at a more leisurely pace to the mess tent. On Aukate, everyone but the most senior staff shared the dining hall. Here was no different. He walked in, got a plate and went down the buffet line, selecting fixings for a sandwich and some fruit. He then got a glass of iced tea and went to find a seat. He saw "his" recruits sitting together, conversing and eating, but he decided to give them, and himself, a break from each other. He saw Hector and Artemis already engaged with several of the R&D recruits. He finally decided to get a quiet table by himself and pull out his comm pad. As he began to eat, he sent a quick text home to see how his wife and cubs were doing. Normally, he went home every night, but for the duration of training for the new recruits, he'd stay on Kua Kua. As he waited for a reply, he began to eat his lunch and observe the groups talking and eating. Perhaps someone would join him, but if not, he was content in his own company for the moment.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 16 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Socks the Fox Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Socks looked up when Garran approached, greeting him, "Hey Garran!" As he took his seat, Socks turned to Hector, commenting "So it looks like the Overlord has quite a few humans in her upper ranks. So far I've met the Commander, Doctor Silver, and you. How many more can I look forward to meeting?"
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Keir looks up from his fish to Angus. "So how about that story you had mentioned before PT, eh?" he chuckled, chewing on a bite of trout. "I think it sounded quite interesting, don't you Razor?" he said nodding at the shark.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:42 am

The leopard shark made a strange sound between a grunt and a huff of laughter when Angus slapped his back, pulling a webbed hand to his mouth as some food decided to make a run for it.

"Heh" He stuffed the food back in his maw, chewing on it in thought, "Well, honestly, I didn't find it too terrible, I've done worse. But it was hella different from anythang I dun before". Grabbing some of the oysters on the half-shell, he slurped them up noisily, "I mean, the whole 'running and chanting in sync' thing is somethin' I never done, seein' as kickboxin's more a 'look out for yo' self' sport, ya' know what I mean?"

"And you so right,Keir, I'm pretty dang eager to hear 'bout dis story mahself". Razor glanced at the brown bear with a sly look, "Does it involve  a little, ah..." he nudged the bear with an elbow, "Sumthin' sumthin', you stud?"
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector Fen Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:30 pm

Hector smiled a little and moved over to accommodate Garran. He turned to Socks and raised a brow. "Huma- oh! er... just us three so far... we would have had another but ah. He's decided to live a simpler life doing work for me outside of the lair." He took the pause in conversation to nibble on a peice of fruit. He wasn't about to tell everyone present that Darius and Silver weren't exactly humans. He turned to the Sphinx and extended his hand. "Hello! I'm Hector Fen, pleased to meet you. Enjoying your time on the island so far?"
Hector Fen
Hector Fen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Garret Silver Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:35 pm

Silver looked over the designs and raised a brow. "Well this is certainly ambitious. The potential for it to be used as a more devastating weapon however should probably be... put in check. Honestly I think it would be fair to note we don't have the current technology for it to do both extract and convert energy and use it in such a powerful capacity. Perhaps separating the devices into two would be ideal and of course working on the dangerous aspect of this dampening field." He shuffled the papers into a folder and picked up his stamp. "Good ideas though! Just have to be careful about their lethality." He pressed the stamp against her file. "I'd say despite that you pass. Head on over to the mess hall with the others and Report back here when I make the announcement." He looked behind her and saw no-one else in line. "Was that all of you?"
Garret Silver
Garret Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Archeus stood up "Thank you doctor." As she was taking her papers back "Yes, I believe I'm the last in this group. And I would like to add that it was a pleasure to have finally met you." She then gave a brief salute, gathered her things and exited the tent.
Hungry she headed over to the mess hall. She made her way through and was looking for a place to sit. "Well this place filled up rather fast." She thought. She noticed Commander Tigermark sitting alone, as she approached she gave a glance to the seat in front of him. "Sir, is anyone sitting here? Or are you dinning alone?"
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:00 pm

She wandered for a little while through the groves of trees, taking the time to pick some of the berries and edible roots from the floor as she progressed deeper into the thicker foliage.  This was the sort of land she grew up with and where she was comfortable navigating through, most times unseen and quietly.  The roots and berries could provide some food and some medicinal uses, but she needed to find more for the camps food supply it seemed.  She was sure the camp didn’t need food that badly, but it was more a test of resourcefulness and knowledge.  She was unsure how some of her more unusual choices might factor in for evaluation but she was used to collecting these for their additional uses.

She slowly swiveled her ears about, listening to the sounds of the camp as they slowly grew more muffled, the sounds of the wildlife and birds grew.  She wasn’t anticipating much to worry about, even if she had ran into some wild boar.  She had hunted them in the past but, for someone who can easily climb a tree, they were less of a worry.

After several more minutes of wandering, gathering berries, herbs, and roots, she eventually found her way to a small grove of fruiting trees.  “Ahh, some ohi'a 'ai, and some guava.  These should make for a good addition,” She said, working through and scanning for the ripe fruit among those hanging down.  “First things first, the most sunlit fruit will be the sweetest and most ripened…” she whispered to herself, before checking to make sure other creatures hadn’t staked a claim over the fruit.  Being fairly certain that it was clear, she worked her way to climb up into the tree with bag in hand, and started to pick fruit while maintaining her balance.  “These should be enough by the time I need to get heading back.”  A certain level of this was therapeutic for her, considering it kept her away a bit, and let her work in the quiet, humming a lick of an old song she knew.  Even so, she continued to use her ears, sweeping the area for sounds of movement, being careful as she had learned from living and hunting in the jungle.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:30 pm

Garran shook the hand Hector was offering him. "Please to meet you too, sir. My name's Garran White. "
Hector's grip was steady, but felt a little weak. Judging from his appearance too, he seemed ill - or at least recovering.
"Yes, I'm really enjoying my time here! I'm stimulated. Encouraged to be creative! I feel I can express myself. And I think it's the same for everyone." Garran finished with a smile.
"I haven't met Lady Bane, though. She had a... sudden task to do. Oh, well..."
Garran then turned his attention to Hector's companion. "I'm sorry I haven't been polite, madam." He offered his hand to the white feline "I'm Garran White. May I ask your name?"
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Tigermark looked up to find the tall blue tigress recruit asking if he was dining alone.

He smiled and stood.

"No, the seat isn't taken, and I was just sending a text, please join me."

He sat back down. Normally, he'd hold the chair for a lady, but in the semi-military setting here, it wouldn't be acceptable, especially since he was her superior in this situation.

"So, Arch, isn't it? What island are you from, Professor?"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:18 pm

Archeus smiled "Thank you Commander." She then seated herself. "I was born in Tiurai." She then placed the napkin in her lap bowed her head and said a word to herself. Looking back up she continued. "My father was a surveyor so we would move around from time to time." She started on her plate. "Always something new to see." She interrupted herself to say. She sat quietly eating for several minuets allowing the commander time to text someone. After which she put her cutlery down and took a long drink of water and wiping her mouth with the napkin and asked. "If I may? How did the training go today? It would appear you have given everyone a healthy appetite." As she was surveying the tables and noticing that most seemed pretty intent on finishing their meals.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:34 pm

The tiger smiled. It was nice to see someone of faith, who was also learned, polite, and inquisitive.

"It went very well. I have the four walking bundles of testosterone over there, and they have done admirably. It's only the first full day of training, and already they're working as a team, at least in PT. They picked up on the shock lance training well, also. How about you? How was your first experience with R&D?"

Just then, his comm pad dinged, letting him know a text had come in.

"Pardon me a moment," he stated as he opened and read the text. He smiled to himself, enjoying what his wife had written. He then put the pad back in standby mode and returned his attention to his lunch companion.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:56 pm

The white feline nodded at the sphinx and smiled without showing her teeth and shook the proffered hand. "They call me Artemis. I'm Hector's assistant, although I don't have his mind for numbers." She sips from a mug of tea, wincing a little at the taste. "We're here to keep an eye on Doctor Silver while he interviews the recruits." She glances over her shoulder at the tent entrance. "Poor fellow. Here we are enjoying a sit down and a meal while he's out there."

Artemis
Artemis

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:10 pm

Archeus nodded to herself, "Quite well I think. I noticed some of the recruits coming out with a bit of a disheveled look about them. So I prepared myself for the worst. Doctor Silver was vey polite, the meeting was short and to the point, and he was generous with constructive criticism. Over all I was most pleased. Doctor Silver and Lady Bane both have impressive reputations and I rather enjoy the prospect of being challenged."
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:31 pm

Tigermark gave a sideways nod.

"Doctor Silver hasn't been with us for very long, but everything I've seen from him leads me to think he's very competent. Lady Bane works very hard to make sure R&D is top notch in all they do. She can have a ...disconcerting effect on some, especially if they aren't using their head."

The tiger took a sip of his tea and a bite of sandwich. After chewing it a moment and swallowing, he changed the subject a bit.

"So, as a winged Minion, you'll do a bit of training with me, whether you join the aerial forces or not. All those with wings are expected to be able to pitch in when needed. Your wings are lovely, but how well can you fly with them?"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:50 pm

"Speaking of, how did your interview go?" Socks asked Garran. "It's definitely not easy when you're not sure what kinds of goodies you get to play with. I tried to stick to slightly above civilian tech and still overassumed on some little things. Some of the ideas I saw the others throwing around were pretty out there, but again I don't know for sure what all we'll have access to."
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:10 pm

Archeus nodded at the Commanders remark about a disconcerting effect "Yes I have no doubt." As she continued. "I look forward to that. I flew in school competitions growing up. The most I think I ever managed to carry was around 125 kilograms. I had to extract a coworker out of a power plant I was working in after there was an explosion. We needed to get out in the worst of ways, he was pretty stout and it took all I had but we managed to get out."
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:55 pm

Tigermark arched an eyebrow.

"Excellent! Sounds like you're a very strong flier. Hopefully we won't have to use that capability anytime soon. Most of our aerial work is either scouting and observation or fast small package delivery. Are all the tigers winged where you're from?"

Tigermark worked on his sandwich and some mango while he awaited the tigress's reply.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Archeus ponders for a second. "Other than my family I've had to opportunity to meet three other Streaks."
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:30 pm

Tigermark stopped in mid-chew, then quickly finished the bite and swallowed it, giving a lopsided grin.

"Streaks? What a charming nickname for the flying tigers around here. Uh, that is, as long as it isn't taken offensively? I like it, it speaks of good speed."

Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:07 am

Vince glanced over at Lex as she came up. He remembered her from their conversation over lunch the day prior. So she had probably arrived even after himself, she seemed to have gotten back on time though. He gave her a short wave, it was nice to see another familiar face. At Shard's comment about their being a "merry little band," the bear chuckled slightly. Something about the word choice evoked an image of a certain Robin Hood, of whom Vince had read an abridged version when younger. Somehow he doubted their experiences would be quite like those of that "merry band." Those thoughts aside, he approached the other two.

Before he could join in on the conversation, Commander Steele approached. He stood - if not quite at attention then at least alertly - as the human spoke. So he had a short break period then? When the Commander departed, he was surprised to see Lex run off as well. So she had not made it in time for the foraging trip after all. Instead, he turned to Shard, "So, sit and wait? Do you think we would have time to drop by the mess for a bit of lunch before Lieutenant Areta comes back?" Lex would be gone for her hour, and since the Commander had not disclosed what sort of business had taken the Lieutenant away, Vince was unsure how long she would be.
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

Post by Garret Silver Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:24 am

Silver fussed a bit more with his tablet and then tucked it away and decided to follow his own advice to head to the mess tent. Upon arrival he was able to locate Artemis and Hector and the crowd that seemed to surround them. He had hoped for a quieter meal but his desire to rejoin them trumped his social anxiety. He took his time to get his meal, several fillets of fish and some fruit mostly. Finally making his selections he came to the table and sat down next to Hector and Artemis amid the throng of other recruits.
Garret Silver
Garret Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:51 am

The Ceslatos brothers couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief when their plan was approved. They gave Doctor Silver a gracious nod before leaving for the mess hall.

"Close call, huh?" Niko asked. "I'm wondering if maybe we wouldn't have done better in PT."

"Well, we'll never know now," Lukas said. "We'll just have to learn more about the organization and get more fitting ideas."

They walked over to the mess hall to get more food, this time exercising more restraint with their portion sizes, mostly stocking up on meaty sandwiches and fish fillet with sides of sliced fruit. Their tray still looked full, but they could hardly expect to eat a normal serving in their condition.

When they got to the dining table, they stood on the side and listened to the flow of conversation. Eventually they settled on taking a seat near Socks, Garran and Gu Jiao. "Hey everyone!" Alec said as they sat down. "Is training working out well for you all?"

Niko gave Socks a smile before he picked up a sandwich and started eating, while Lukas looked at Artemis and Hector. "Hello," he said to Hector. "I suppose the two of you are senior members of the operation. I don't believe we've met. I'm Lukas Ceslatos, and-" He looked up to see Doctor Silver joining the two of them at the table. "Oh, hello Doctor."
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:47 am

“I’m sure doctor Silver will be fine, there were only a few recruits left. He’ll be here in no time”
He then turned his attention to Socks.
“Oh, the interview went fine, thanks! Seems that my project could be worth working on, after all.”
Garran paused for a moment.
“But you’re right, we’ll have difficulties not to cross the line of fiction in future designs, until we get to the real job and see with our eyes. But that will be the future. At least we all passed this first exam, right?” he smiled to her.

Then the brothers joined them.
“Hello guys. How things went to you?”
And then doctor Silver joined them too.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:19 am

"Well I am kinda hungry...I suppose we could stop by the mess for a quick bite." Shard said in response to Vince's question. So after leaving a small note where they were standing for Lt. Areta They went to the Mess tent, all the while Shard was hoping that they would be back in their spot before Areta returned. As they made their way Shard asked the Bear, "So, what'll you be having?"
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next