Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

+23
Darius Steele
Hector Fen
Garret Silver
Archeus
Artemis
Akkarri
Schemmer
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
KeirStryker95
Socks the Fox
Dragonwolf
Solitair
Sylvian
TheSphinx
Secateur
Tigermark
KRancourt
Rotors91
tobi3B
Shard Loren
Merrihop
Admin
27 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 17 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Darius Steele Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:21 pm

Darius saw the two recruits from base ops leaving and raised a brow. He pulled out his tablet and scrawled down some notes before putting it away shaking his head. It would have been difficult for him to get up and follow them. His eyes looked up at Sunny and he smiled. "I do beleive I told them to sit and wait for Areta to return, if they wished to leave they could have come over here and asked permission from me as I'm the officer on duty currently. Miss Sunday if you could, track those two down and bring them back? I would but if I tried to run right now I might pull something." He chuckled. "And with Doctor Silver and Sylvian both present I'd like to skip the lectures."
Darius Steele
Darius Steele

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 17 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Merrihop Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:54 pm

Sunny raised her head at the commander's statement, a chunk of pineapple having just been stuffed in her mouth. She nodded with a muffled murmur of comprehension, then got up and set the tray down on her chair. Her little brown feet carried her away before she had finished swallowing the juicy lump of fruit she had been chewing, covering the ground between herself and the departing recruits.

The marten scurried around front of the bear and the fox, and she stopped in front of them, speaking up with a little apprehension, "Excuse me... but Commander Steele asked me to come get you. Since he's the current officer on duty, you'll need to clear it with him before leaving the area."

Her foot shuffled a little bit, and she cast a glance around the other recruits and looked back at the commander. But she returned her gaze to their proper subjects, swallowing a tiny lump in her throat that had nothing to do with pineapple.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:08 pm

Archeus smiled to herself, then looking at the Commander with purpose. "Sir, do you mind if I ask a rhetorical question?" She pauses briefly and looks off to the side. "Do you know the best way to do something? By that I mean I'm seasoned enough to know that when someone asks me the Best Way to do Something, I know what they really mean is they want my opinion on what ever topic we happen to be discussing. Since the "Best" of anything is not a quantifiable thing, but more the valued observations of a specific few. So for instance if you ask me the fastest way to get these medicines to the top of that mountain, I may hold out my paws and say here let me have them and I'll fly them up there. Where if it was a slow summer morning and you ask me the best way to the top of the mountain I may keep my wings folded and start to walk saying follow me and I'll show you. I'm not sure any of that makes any sense other than to say I value others opinions. And I do hope you feel free to offer up your suggestions and or opinions. The fact of the matter is you don't get to go through life looking the way I do without someone wanting to jump to conclusions and assuming they know something about you based on looks alone. I don't care if we are talking about the "Best Way" to cook fresh kill or the "Best Way" to clean the dishes it was just served on. My passion is learning and passing on what I have learned." Archeus stops herself and puts her paws together in her lap. "And do please forgive me I can tend to ramble on if not throttled."
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:52 pm

The bear stopped abruptly as Sunny circled in front of them. As she delivered her message, Vince paled, though it remained invisible under his fur. How could he have forgotten something so simple? "Oh I, I... right." Head down, shamefaced, he followed her back to the Commander.

Much as their previous encounters had been brief and to the point, the human had struck Vince as a decent sort. It was only his second day here, and already he had met people whom he would consider friends. He hoped that the punishment detail that had to follow for such an infraction would not be too severe, he had just wanted to catch up with the friends he had met yesterday. That could not be too bad, right? Maybe?
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:46 pm

Shard had felt like he had just painted a very large target on his and Vince's head, so far he felt he had left a bad impression on commander Steele. "Oh man." Shard said as he hit his forehead with the palm of his right hand. "My second day here and I've gone against the rules twice. Once I didn't report to him when I arrived, then I barged in while he was with someone to report my completion of my punishment, and now I've done it again!"  He kept alternating between putting himself down, calling himself stupid and what not, and slapping his forehead as the entered Commander Steele's tent. He stood to attention and Salutes. "I'm sorry sir...I promised you it wouldn't become a habit...and I've broken that promise" he said with a tremble in his voice and glassy eyes.
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:14 pm

Sunny exhaled in mild relief that the two hadn't responded angrily to her stopping them. She went quickly back to Commander Steele where he sat near the Base Ops training area and stood nearby, rather than resuming her seat while the other recruits reported back. Her eyes tipped curiously toward the human, wondering if he was going to be angry with the recruits for wandering off without permission.

An ear perked attentively as she listened to them speaking to the commander, it seemed like a relatively honest mistake, even if a bit negligent as far as procedure went. She hoped the commander wasn't too cross with them.

She took a moment to clear her throat softly, hoping to respectfully gain the commander's attention, "If you'll pardon me, sir, it seems like an honest mistake."

A small, hopeful smile flickered across her face, hoping this would resolve easily enough for everyone.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:06 am

Lex worked quickly, picking the ohi’a ‘ai and then the guava quickly, even taking some extra into her shoulder sack she carried, careful to place them in the lower portions of the bag to prevent bruising of the smaller berries.  Most of it was just turning ripe, or perfectly ripe, having to swat away some of the more annoying insects that buzzed around the ripe fruit.  “Well, this seems to be giving me plenty to work with,” she would say to herself before working her way down through the tree branches.   “If we needed to I would have brought another bag to add to this… but that might slow me down a bit.”

Indeed, the bags she had were heavily laden, and she would need to use her one hand to help herself get back down the tree safely, and to navigate the foliage properly.  “Hopefully this doesn’t attract too much.  Boar does enjoy the fallen fruit.”  She knew that boar were usually scared of most of the bipeds around the islands, but they can be aggressive when surprised or hungry enough.  But eventually she came down within a few last branches of the ground when she paused, her ears swiveling ahead of her head turning.  For a moment she paused, settling down for a moment to make sure what was coming through.  It was best not to surprise any wild creatures, especially one that may be aggressive when surprised.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Steele Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:26 am

Darius raised a brow at Sunny and and gave a curt nod before turning to the two direliect recruits, turning first to the bear. "You went along with him, and while that alone was a lapse in judgement you didn't instigate the abandonment of your post like he did. You are dismissed with five demerits, sir. Your punsihment is the hardest dessert you can find in whatever cook book you can lay your hands on and to execute it flawlessly. I strongly suggest Creme brulee, I would like that with my evening tea. Now go get your lunch."

He turned to Shard with a sneer. "For you, Ten demerits punishment pending Areta's return, in addition you will sit over there like I told you and since you were so eager to lead another recruit astray and decided your stomach trumped protocol you can skip lunch. And if i hear you mention it just ONCE to anyone else about this in any effort to glean pity I will personally shove you on the next ship back to where you came from. I expected better from someone disciplined in martial arts, I'm starting to question your claim that you were trained at all. Instead of facing your punishment stone faced and respectible you come to me simpering like a puppy ready to cry. The Darnathi would sooner shoot a green horn like you than give you mercy. Now go and sit over there like I told you to and reflect on what it means to be what you claim to be."
Darius Steele
Darius Steele

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:54 am

Tigermark smiled as his lunch companion waxed rhetorical for a bit. He worked on his fruit as he listened. When she had finished her statement, he gave a tilt of his head as he thought a moment, then answered.

"A very accurate statement, Professor. The best way, or the best of anything, is subjective to the circumstances involved. Heh, believe me, you will not have to worry about getting my opinion on anything. Sometimes I think the Overlord wishes I wasn't quite so opinionated. She realizes,though, as do I and most of the officers, that varied opinions and ideas are what helps make us a strong empire. I hope you don't think that the goal is to just shoot down anyone's idea or opinion. The goal is to get good ideas put into action, and ideas that aren't so good rethought and made better."

Now the tiger sat back, but his eyes focused keenly on the tigress.

"I don't want to ever throttle you. You say you're rambling. I say you're free-associating ideas, and working them out in a logical way. That's a very good thing to do. As to opinions, here's mine of you. You are very intelligent, and creative. You have a great knowledge base, and a good, logical mind to use it. You are also strikingly tall, have strong, lovely wings, and a beautiful color pattern to your fur. I have enjoyed our conversation, and I look forward to having you in flight training later."

He now grinned. "How was that, Arch?"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:27 am

"OK you three you asked for it" he picked up a roasted nut and plopped it into his mouth chewing it " I was in the middle of the woods a bit away from camp to do a bit of business in the bushes. as suddenly I was surrounded by three feral wolfs. So no weapons my pants around my ankles and all dark yay for bad luck.
They circled me and suddenly one attacked ..." he takes a gulp from his mug.
" when everything was over I had scratches bitemarks and two bloody paws and three dead bodys at my feet. " to make a point he brushes his fur on his forarm away revealing some deep scars under it.
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:43 am

Keir listened intently to Angus' story and was quite impressed at the bear's skills. Looking at the scars on his forearms, Keir nodded in amazement.

"You're lucky to have gotten away like you did. I once encountered ferals. I had to climb through the tress to get away," Keir says as he bites into a piece of venison.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:32 am

Shard went and sat exactly where Commander Steele had told him. He sat in the lotus position and began a breathing exercise while he thought about all that had happened recently. Sure he was a bit teary eyed when he met the Commander, but that had always been a skill of his, crying at will. Fortunately no one knew he could do that. He was glad it had marked him out as the soul guilty party and that Vince was mostly innocent.

Commander Steele's words ran through his mind. And indeed, allowing his hunger to get the better of him was a laps in judgment on his part. Anything said to the contrary would be a poor lie. So as Shard continued to meditate and the minutes wore on, Shard silently promised, that soon he would show Steele he was what he claimed to be.

Last edited by Shard Loren on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:16 pm

Archeus nodded. "Yes, well thank you sir. I will say your demeanor is well suited as a Commander."
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:37 pm

Sunny took her seat next to the commander again once the other recruits had gone, putting the tray back on her lap and picking up another hunk of pineapple. She considered it a moment, then threw a glance at the fox before looking back at the commander. She ate the pineapple and thought a moment, before swallowing, "That was... wow..."

Uncertain what else she could say on the matter, she started to nibble on some of the insects in the dish, occupying her mouth so she didn't feel quite so awkward.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:13 am

Tigermark nodded.

"Thank you. The Overlord has a knack for finding the best job for the person, and the best person for the job. Like you. You have a good military discipline about you, but with your knowledge, curiosity, and ability, R&D will suit you best."

He sipped his iced tea, noticing his plate was empty, but the winged tigress' was still half-full.

"I'll stop rambling on, myself. You've not finished, and the lunch break will be over soon. Don't want to get you into trouble with Lady Bane, or Dr. Silver or Dr. Sylvian."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Steele Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:14 am

Darius sat again and gave a tired sigh, rubbing his temples. "I know.... I've not seen such a pathetic excuse for crocodile tears before, and I've seen an actual crocodile try it." He rolled his shoulders and took another bite of fruit.

"You have to be firm sometimes Miss Sunday, difficult when people assume a martyrdom complex sadly." He took a breath.

"On to nicer subjects I am much looking forward to our evening tea, tell me do you like creme Brulee? I've been told it's difficult to make, never had it myself, we'll see how well that poor bear makes it."
Darius Steele
Darius Steele

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:34 am

Shard continued to meditate in the same spot he had been sitting for the past few minutes. He knew that Commander Steele had seen through his act. So now Shard perfectly understood they type of person Commander Steele was. He was Harsh, firm and observant. But he also had a warm compassionate side to him. This was a man who was perfect for his job at Kua Kua, and Shard found his respect for the human growing by the minute, and once again didn't regret getting one the boat the brought him here. Now the time was coming for Shard to show The Commander just how dedicated he truly was. But until then he waited to be relieved.
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:06 am

Lex, waited, listening to the movements of the jungle foliage for the animals, It was hard to say if there might have been some boar, as they seem to prefer the earlier hours of the day or later hours of the evening, but that never meant one could be behaving out of character.  It may have been only a few minutes, but when one’s mind is calculating through the scenarios of what could happen, those few moments may seem much longer.  Even then, whatever it was, didn’t seem to be willing to show itself and content to make noise just out of sight.

“I don’t have time for this…” she would think as she moved slowly down another branch, knocking down a few overripe fruits.  Whatever was just out of sight didn’t seem to pay it no mind.  A couple more branches and she let her feet plant themselves back down against the jungle soil.  She had some time to return but she had to combine the considerations of carrying a load for her arms and back through the jungle foliage.  “I still have some room by hand… pockets…” she said, and thought of taking a slightly straighter path back to camp.  She’d cover a slightly different track of land, potentially come across some additional fruits, vegetables, or herbs.  Her ears still flicked back towards that noise in the underbrush and kept track of them as she moved towards the camp, using the sun as a general compass.  She hoped to be able to get close to being out for a productive hour.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:31 am

Sunny listened attentively, then nodded in comprehension, "I understand sir. I'll try to keep that in mind if I need it in the future..."

She couldn't help but smile at the following statements, "I think I've had it before, it's really good. He looked like he wants to try hard, at least."

She polished off the insects and moved on to the cookie, which also had insects in it. The satisfying crunch as she bit into it made her shut her eyes happily as she enjoyed the treat, "The good news is, I think he'll be in good hands if he needs to learn anything. I've only been here a day and everything's been really yummy."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:28 am

Vince stood before the Commander, ears perked forward attentively. The whole time Steele spoke to him, the bear held still, though the truth was he probably could not have moved had he wanted to. When the human had finished, Vince confirmed with a quick, "Creme brulee, yes Commander, sir." The last "sir" was added more by habit developed in the diner than any deliberate thought on his part. The bear backed away to a respectful distance, before turning and all but fleeing to get lunch.

The spectacled bear arrived at the mess tent to find it already crowded with eating recruits. He found himself a tray and placed some salad and fruit on it sparingly alongside a glass of water. Vince had mostly lost his appetite. His stomach felt as if he had swallowed live insects and they were skittering around inside. There was a table with few occupants near one side that he ended up seating himself at, though as far away from the others as he could manage.

Vince ate little, mostly pushing the food around on his plate for a time, before quickly eating as much at he could stomach. Leaving his glass at the table, he returned the tray and asked one of the cooks if he could borrow a cookbook for desserts. This prompted a raised eyebrow from the cook, and Vince explained briefly what had happened, including his punishment. Seemingly satisfied, the cook disappeared for a moment and came back with a book. "Now you bring this back before you leave. I expect I'll be seeing you later. And don't expect any special treatment, you'll have to work around the rest of us. Go on now." That last was said with a shooing gesture, and Vince retreated to let the cook get back to work. Returning to the table, he opened the book to find and study his recipe. The bear did not intend to disappoint twice in one day.
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:06 pm

Archeus nods in agreement. "I have no doubt." She says. She had been pretty hungry, but finished up her meal in a timely manor then placed her utensils on the plate and neatly folded her napkin placing it on top. Archeus then took a minute to scan the area, looking back at the commander. "A very nice meal." She smiled.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:02 pm

Tigermark smiled in return.

"Indeed it has been. I should get back out and be ready when my recruits return. Thank you for the company, Arch, I'll see you later."

He stood, gave a parting nod, and took his tray and glass to the cleaning station and passed them over to the one working there. he then went out to the training grounds to await the return of his recruits.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:26 pm

Archeus stood with the commander. "Thank you Sir." She then sat back down after he departed. Reaching into the pocket of her uniform she took out a note book to record some thoughts of the days events.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Razor paused shoveling food into his mouth, listening to the bear's tale. Taking a glance at the scars on his arms, his raised a brow ridge slightly at the sight. He was no stranger to things such as scar, gashes, wounds in general, finding himself rather interested in the tales they often told.

The shark saw them as markers to the life one lived, at least, they showed where you'd been, and so far, he'd never had to face a feral. He wouldn't mind the experience, however. "Wow, man, you got respect point from me on that one! Haha, must have been a crazy time!".
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:52 pm

" It was a tough time that I tell you all but I pulled through and now I´m here hoping for a better future. I know that the Minions of the Overlord are well respected around the islands and it´s a honor to serve her." He finish his plate and takes a big gulp from his mug with iced tea.
" But man that training was differrent from what I know " he giggles.
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next