Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

+23
Darius Steele
Hector Fen
Garret Silver
Archeus
Artemis
Akkarri
Schemmer
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
KeirStryker95
Socks the Fox
Dragonwolf
Solitair
Sylvian
TheSphinx
Secateur
Tigermark
KRancourt
Rotors91
tobi3B
Shard Loren
Merrihop
Admin
27 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 28 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by KeirStryker95 Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Keir listened with intent to Tigermark's story, but when the tiger stopped in his sentence, Keir was confused at first as the storm seemed to be over. However, there was a faint scent of something injured on the breeze.

Tigermark shouted instructions, ordering Keir and Eddie to go with R&D to check on the rest of the camp. "Yes Commander! Right away sir!" Keir raised his voice enough to be heard over the clamor in the tent at the moment. "OK, so who from R&D is left? Ceslatos? Er ... All three of you," Keir chuckled. "Socks, are you still here? And who else?" Keir asked as he looked around to see who all had left after Tigermark and his group had left and the tent was somewhat emptier.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 28 Empty Training Begins -Day 2

Post by DeanFox Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:40 pm

Walking over carrying the shivering Ledoux to check on Zenny, carefully setting her down I gently un cover Zenny and he’s got a rather bad gut wound. One look says he shouldn't be moved without being restrained, standing to assess our surroundings the leather straps I used to strap these hacked up plantigrade boots to my Jack legs would work to tie him down but then I need something for his back and limb. As many times as Peter tied me up as he did I should be more familiar with this. Feeling the rain let up a bit and realizing this would be the time to call for help. Looking around for help as my voice has all but left me high and dry. I finally take a breath and let out a Deathmetal Roar for help about the loudest noise I can make second to one but it wrecks my throat so I've only got about three of those in me.
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 28 Empty Training begins day 2

Post by DeanFox Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:25 am

"sorry about the no warning on that Ledoux." That shreds my throat almost every time and I can tell my voice didn't approve from how it sounds. "Okay and now we need something to..." scanning our surroundings again there's stuff everywhere but everything appears too flexible to use.
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 28 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Ledoux Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:33 am

Ledoux had winced at the blonde fox's call, but smiled up at him. "That's OK, I understand" She then looked at her brother with sadness and concern. "He's a good soul, I can't seem to focus on anything else right now. Our ride here was rather traumatic, and he bore the brunt of it."
Ledoux
Ledoux

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:53 am

Tigermark still held the group at the start of the trail at the treeline, awaiting Recruit Sunday's return from her scouting foray. Just then, they heard most throat-tearing awful screech of a roar come from what seemed to be several directions at once. The recruits all looked very uncertain at the sound. Tigermark calmed them.

"Yeesh, that sounded like it hurt. I know y'all want to run ahead and find what made that noise, but think a second. Do you know exactly where it came from? Or what made it? Sound echoes around in the denser growth of the forest. That's one reason I sent a scout ahead. If Sunny hasn't been scared out of her wits by that noise, she'll be able to tell us just about where it came from. Recruit O'Brown, you asked what we might need to be on guard for? They aren't normally on Kua Kua, but our...adversaries on Aukate have a species of beast like a giant..lizard, eel, thing with legs called a Thurvine. They're pretty big, and act as scouts or the, ah, adversaries ride them. They can be pretty nasty, but we normally don't see them here. With the storm, though, it's hard to tell what or who may have been washed up on shore. relax, guys, that was NOT the sound a Thurvine makes."

The tiger showed every determination not to take the group any farther until their scout returned, and he took on a semi-relaxed stance, with his lance held rather casually in the crook of his arm.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:01 pm

As Archeus followed the commander, suddenly she heard a shrill yell of something ahead. It was most unpleasant but had the effect of grabbing her attention 100%. Her hands clenched and eyes narrowed, but watching Tigermark in a very relaxed stance made her realize "If he's not upset I shouldn't be upset." She calmed herself and returned to being in an observational mind set.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:49 am

Sunny had scurried off as soon as Tigermark sent her ahead. The jungle was darker with the thunderheads looming over the island, so she moved a bit slower than she normally would. She stayed out of the trees, however, in case another lightning strike were to hit one. This made it a little bit harder for the marten to find her way through the stormy jungle.

She was soaked to the bone fairly quickly, but she kept pressing forward until she came to the edge of the treeline near the beach. A loud shriek nearly made her turn and run the other direction, but she swallowed the lump in her throat and crept through the undergrowth toward the source of the sound. She spied the other purple uniform in a lightning flash, and scurried over, breathing heavily, "Oh my gosh. Are you the one who made that sound?" She surveyed the fox and noticed he seemed ok, but the two other foxes looked a bit worse for wear.

With a heavy breath, she nodded, "Ok... stay here... Commander Tigermark has the other recruits together and getting ready for everything... I'll send them this direction. Hang on!"

With that, she noted her location and rushed back through the undergrowth. A trip and fall splattered her uniform with mud, but she pushed herself up and kept running, back to the edge of the tree line. Finding Commander Tigermark, she stopped and panted heavily, "Sir... Another recruit... near the beach. Two little foxes... looked like one was hurt..." She puffed between statements, glancing back over her shoulder, "I think he's the one who made the sound..."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:19 am

When Sunny suddenly came pounding out of the undergrowth just to the right of the trail, it was a tossup whether Tigermark was going to burst out laughing or melt and fold her into a comforting hug. She was disheveled and splattered with mud, and soaked from her run through the forest. The rain had stopped now, but the trees still dripped heavily, and the underbrush was still very wet. Remembering who and where he was , he chose to do neither, but did put a comforting paw on her shoulder as she panted and gasped out her report. Upon hearing it was a fellow minion who made the sound, he nodded.

"Impressive noise. Okay Su, er, Recruit Sunday, very good. If it looked all clear otherwise, there is a trail we can take to get to the North beach. Catch your breath a moment and then we'll head that way. Could you tell what kind of injuries the one had? I'll call it in to Medical so they can get ready to receive the injured one."

As soon as the little marten was able to catch her breath, they would head for the beach as quickly as they could travel.

Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:53 am

Sunny panted for air for a moment, then shook her head as she began to catch her breath. She wasn't usually so easily winded, but she had sprinted faster than she normally would have, "No I couldn't really make out what was wrong, but there were two little foxes with the other recruit. One seemed ok, but the other didn't seem to be conscious. We should probably hurry."

She glanced up at the sky and breathed a sigh of relief, "At least it's let up... I'm not so sure about the lightning, though. We should probably be careful... er... sir..." She tried to brush some of the mud off her uniform unsuccessfully, but was ready to go with the others if necessary.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:37 am

Garran raised a brow. A recruit?
He tightened his grasp on the medical kit and adjusted the weight of the rest on the shoulder.
"Ready, sir"
The scent of blood was becoming strong.
Sunny was right, They had to hurry.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Shudering as he heard the roar he soon realised that it wasn´t a treatening sound rather a sound for help. He heard the explanation from Tigermark about the Lizard things but really can´t picture them. Angus hoped that he never got in contact with them but realised that as a guard probably would.
When Sunny a little while later burst out of the treeline he tensed but relaxed as he sees that she isn´t hunted by ... anything out there.
When Sunny made her report he prepared for a hard run for the beach.
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:24 pm

With the Storm over Shard exited General Steels tent and took a look around before returning his attention to the General. "So." he said clapping his hands together once. "I'll retake my place and wait for the Officer to arrive." and he did just that returning to almost exactly the same place as before when he was told to wait for the Officer who would be coming.
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Tigermark nodded at Garran's statement, and then returned his attention to Sunny.

Recruit Sunday, I know you'd like to go get cleaned up, but if you can take the lead on the trail and then show us right where the recruit and the foxes in trouble are, we'll get this done as soon as possible. Lead on."

He then addressed the rest of the group.

"Let's move out. Follow Recruit Sunday up the trail. If any of you are sqeamish, stay back when we get there and let Archeus, White and I work on assessing the wounded and getting them ready for transport."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:43 pm

The marten's white head bobbed attentively at the commander, "Yes sir."

She wasn't particularly worried about being a mess just yet, she'd been covered in mud on a few occasions, so she instead glanced at the others and twitched an ear, "Watch out for tree roots, but other than that it's not too bad."

She then made a motion with her hand and trotted back into the undergrowth. She wasn't quite ready for another sprint, and didn't want to leave anyone behind as she led the group back to the location near the beach where the recruit waited with the two foxes.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Steele Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:26 pm

Darius streached as he got out of the tent, the Rain had slowed to a pleasant drizzle but his leg was stiff and sore from sitting so long. He grabbed the pommel of his cane and strode back to base ops with a heavy sigh. "My sincerest apologies to all of you, The officer assigned to you had their boat delayed by the storm and will be arriving tomorrow instead. Please report back first thing tomorrow morning.

Silver too was struggling, some pressing matters back at the lair had distracted him from properly assessing the R&D Recruits. "Team! Im so sorry to do this to you, but Something important has come up that requires my attention to the best that I can give it. You have tonight to work on your project and present it to me tomorrow morning."
Darius Steele
Darius Steele

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Socks looked up from a communications controller she was examining when General Steele addressed them, replying "Yes, sir! Thank you!"

She went back to checking as Silver went to attend the matter he was off to. It didn't look physically damaged, so she figured it was probably memory corruption caused by the nearby lightning strikes and just needed a reboot. Unfortunately, it seems to draw it's power from the cable it's connected to, with no visible way to disconnect without taking a soldering iron to it. At least it wasn't the only one serving the camp, so she didn't feel it was absolutely imperative to get fixed, the residents would merely experience slower connection speeds as all the comms were shoehorned onto the remaining lines.

"Hey, guys? How much experience do you have with these? I can't find a physical reset button, and it's frozen so I can't do it through the OS," she called out to the brothers, hoping they knew something. Socks wished she hasn't been such a pansy about being more... exploratory with the university equipment.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledoux Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:47 pm

As Ledoux lay on the ground she could hear movement approaching from the distance. She felt uneasy not knowing what was coming next, but looked to the blonde fox as she felt he was a friend and would not allow harm to come to her or Zenny. "Sir, looking at the blonde fox. Do you know what all that noise is I hear?" She said with a look of worry.
Ledoux
Ledoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Archeus pulled her jacket down and made double time following the Commander and the white Marten's lead. She felt her hear rate increasing and wondered what Sunday had found.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:11 pm

After the storm had passed, Lex returned to where they had assembled. She had taken the time to straighten her uniform since then, but would check the bags quickly to make sure something hadn't disturbed or bruised the fruits. That being okay she stood back to attention as Darius returned and addressed the group.

"Before we are dismissed until tomorrow, shall we turn the fruits from our foraging trips to the kitchen to be checked? Or is there any assignments that we should look into to busy ourselves, or cross training?" she asked. "Luckily the rain had managed to wash the fruit partially," she thought adjusting herself a bit as she straightened herself up and watched the commander.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:42 pm

Seeing as there was no one left in the tent, but Keir and Eddie, the he turned and looked at the bat.

"Alright brother. Let's head out and meet up with the others left from R&D and see what all needs to be done around the camp," Keir said as he stepped out of the tent and into the still overcast air. He looked around and found Socks talking to General Steele while doing something on a little comm pad.

Stepping up next to her after Steele walked away, Keir began to ask what all needed to be done. "Is there anything Recruit Neilson and I can do to aid you and the rest of R&D?" he asked as he looked over her project in her hands.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Garran shifted weight again and followed Sunny and Tigermark. The scent of blood was now like a trail, guiding as much as Sunny's ability.

He began reviewing his studies of anatomy while walking, together with first aid and his many times spent at the hospital being patched together.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Socks looked over when Kier and Eddie asked if there was anything they could do to help. She pondered a bit before replying, "Umm, not much that I can think of. There were quite a few tents that could probably use re-pitching but most of the tech stuff is either back in working order or flat out needs replacement."

She eventually got fed up with the lack of any buttons on the ComNet box, got out her knife, and cut the power line. She waited for a moment before splicing it back together, taking care not to let herself become part of the circuit. Waiting for a sign of life from it, she continued, "We can help with cleaning up, but we also do need to finish up our assessment."

Finally, a beep from the box indicated it had finished powering up. Socks tapped in to it with her tablet, unsure what the official settings were for it, and guessed at some defaults. She figured she'd send off a message to the official techs to properly configure it later, but at least now it worked. Socks wrapped up the power line she had spliced in electrical tape, then wrapped the cable as well.

Once she finished that, she took the two over to the brothers, stating "Never mind, I got it. How much more is there, and is there anything these two can help with before I send them off to help set those tents back up?"
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Just as Lukas was about to suggest a solution to the problem Socks had with the corrupted controller, she got her own idea, cutting and resplicing the cable together a second before Lukas was about to suggest that same thing. He sighed and nodded. "Yes, my thoughts exactly," he told Socks.

Alec squeezed Lukas's hand. "You'll get it next time."

"Thanks." Lukas readjusted his glasses and thought a moment. "No, that was the last technical issue that I can think of. The tents really are the only issue left to take care of. We'll just begin resetting them."

The brothers walked off, with Niko turning his head back and giving Socks a smile and a one-shoulder shrug. With six hands, they at least managed to get the first tent up with clockwork efficiency, quickly moving onto the next one.
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:01 am

Keir grinned at the triplets' comment about Socks' method of fixing the controller. When that was finished, he listened to the brothers talk about the tasks and then watched them move over and start to stand up some of the tents.

"Alright then. Eddie ... Er, excuse me," Keir cleared his throat. "Recruit Neilson and I will get started on resetting some of these tents back up, yes?" Keir smiled at the fox standing in front of him. He then strode over to the closest tent and begin to lift up the front support frame. As he pulled it up, he noticed something inside.

After setting the frame and lifting up the flap, he peered in. Apparently this had been a tent that had someone's personal belongings in it. Stepping back out, he turned to speak to the others. "Hey guys, some of these tents might be some recruits' or minions' assigned quarters. We should probably check them to see if anything has been damaged. However, if y'all think it better not to, then just say so and we won't touch anything inside," He said as finished putting up the rear frame and setting it. Keir then quickly jogged over to the next tent and began to set it back up.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:31 am

Socks though for a moment, then said "I think we should just set them up. I don't want someone thinking we're rifling through their stuff, since we're still only fresh recruits." She went over to reattach a tent's canvas to it's poles, before remembering she was no good at knots. She fumbled with it a little before getting something passable and moving on to the next. "Hey, once we're done we still get our project together!" she shouted over to the brothers as she fiddled with yet another tent.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next