Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

+23
Darius Steele
Hector Fen
Garret Silver
Archeus
Artemis
Akkarri
Schemmer
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
KeirStryker95
Socks the Fox
Dragonwolf
Solitair
Sylvian
TheSphinx
Secateur
Tigermark
KRancourt
Rotors91
tobi3B
Shard Loren
Merrihop
Admin
27 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 29 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Tigermark Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:03 am

Tigermark pushed forward, keeping pace with the little marten scout. A short walk later, they emerged on the beach and immediately found Recruit Crossfox with two smaller quadruped foxes. The white one was slightly larger, and appeared to be female. She looked exhausted, and a bit scraped and banged up, but otherwise not severely hurt. The smaller fox was male, and..purple? In any case, the smaller one was the one the gut wound scent was coming from. Even without stepping very close, the tiger could see a wound to the fox's leg around the ankle area, and a piece of wood protruding from his gut. The wound wasn't large, but could easily become infected if not treated soon.

""Razor, O'brown, keep watch so we don't get any surprise visitors. Hello Recruit Crossfox. Nice yell for help. Arch, Garran, if we stabilize the wood, can you two airlift them to Medical? The docs will need to remove that and treat them as soon as possible."

He looked at the pair of foxes. The intelligence in the vixen's eyes, let him surmise something.

"Can you speak, Miss? Which island are you from?"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 29 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by KeirStryker95 Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:16 am

"Understood." Keir shouted over his shoulder as he used a nearby rock to hammer in a support peg that had become uplifted from the dirt. He stood up and braced the cords holding the tent together with some sturdy knots, then shook the metal slightly to make sure it was stable and wouldn't come down again for a while.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledoux Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:32 am

Ledoux seeing the blonde fox greeted by the incoming party felt much better. This appeared to be a good sign, and her fears of having to do battle to stay alive were gone. Before her stood a great tiger who had a commanding yet warm voice."Can you speak, Miss? Which island are you from?" "Yes I can speak." Ledoux gathered her strength. "I'm Ledoux, and that's my brother Zenny. we were washed up from Tepetema. We were near the beach when the tide came in from no where. We tried to seek shelter but the water devastated everything. I'm hurt but nothing like Zenny." Ledoux laid her head back down needing a break.
Ledoux
Ledoux

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:52 am

Tigermark smiled, careful not to show too much teeth. Even the most intelligent person could feel very scared if wounded and confronted by a mouth full of tiger teeth. He knelt down to be more on level with the white vixen.

"Thank you, Miss Ledoux. Rest, and take it easy, you're safe here, and our goal is to help you and your brother. We'll get you to medical help asap. We'll also call the Citadel and alert them to the damage on your home island, in case they don't know."

Standing back up, he addressed the R&D recruits.

"You're the medics for this, but I would suggest stabilizing the puncture wound with the wood in place, and stabilizing them both in case of internal injuries. Then let's get them to Dr. Silver and Sylvian."

Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:59 am

Archeus acknowledged the Commander, she took a moment to survey their status. Reaching in her coat she took her tablet out and noted their condition. Looking at Garran she responded quietly. "If we wrap the projectiles with tape a gauze it should prevent any further damage. I'm OK if we fly them out. Our options here are pretty limited. I have a first aid kit but I'll let you make the call if there is a better option? Archeus stepped back to let Garran assess them.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:57 am

Lukas and Alec, having finished another tent, looked up at Socks calling out to them. Niko was already glancing up at her and noticing the difficulty she had with her knots.

"Need some help?" he asked, steering their body to walk over to Socks's current tent. He started showing her a knot or two that he and his brothers had used on their tent. He wrapped the loose end of rope twice and looped the end under the last wrap, pulling as tightly as he could. "See, try this one out. It's called a clove hitch. It's pretty simple for beginners, even though it might not be all that strong. But hey, what are the chances of another storm coming after this one?"

Alec and Lukas felt their faces flushing as Niko's hands brushed up against Socks's once or twice. "Um, I'm not sure how to tell you this," Alec said, "but I think our brother has a crush on you."

"And like you said, he does need to keep our project in mind," Lukas added.

"W-what?" Niko said, fumbling another hitch. "That's, um, yeah. We should find out how to make the curved screen Garran was talking about. That sounds really cool." He took a deep breath and restarted the knot.
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:23 am

Sunny stood by warily while Commander Tigermark took charge of the situation. She felt sorry for the poor foxes, but realized that the best thing for them would be to stabilize them and get them back to camp, so she gave them a warm smile and nodded, "Everything's going to be alright."

Turning her attention to the commander, she perked her golden ears attentively and raised her head, "Sir, is there anything else I can do?"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:55 am

They arrived to the beach. There was Ian, soaked, and there were two foxes. One, white, seemed battered and worn out, but relatively safe; after all she had the strength to talk with the commander.
The other, purple, was in extremely worse conditions. Garran kneeled down to examine him.
"I agree, we have to transport him airborne, we will move way faster. We can't afford to move him to much, though. Even securing the splinter, we could cause more damage."
Let's see. Gut wound. Blood loss. Hypothermia. Garran pairs a hand on the fox's chest. He was trembling, and the pulse was faint.
"Don't worry, little one. We'll get you somewhere safe and warm soon" Garran whispered, trying to comfort the fox. He then turned to Archeus. "There's really little we can do here. Let's block in place this piece of wood. We can then stop the haemorrhage as best as we can."
Before, though, let's free his leg before he loses it. Garran took the scissors from the first aid kit and cut the tangled mess around the fox's leg.
"Also, how are we going to do it? Carrying a gurney airborne is not easy, and this young guy should be moved as little as possible. Should one of us do it and the other carries the white fox, or do we carry him together and then I return here to take her?"
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:31 pm

Archeus nodded to Garran, "He's a pretty light load, I can get him back. I'll get some tree limbs about his length to secure his body." Archeus leaped into the air and went to the tree canopy. She ripped two lengths of timber and returned. Taking her claws she stripped the limbs free. These were then laid side by side along side Zenny. Archeus grabbed her first aid kit and removed the tape and gauze to get the purple fox stable. Looking at Garran "Ok I think everything is ready." Archeus then proceeded to work with Garran and had the wounds wrapped and the splints in place. Archeus ever so gently lifted the purple fox in her arms. Looking down to white fox she replied "Don't worry miss I'm taking him to our camp we have excellent doctors he'll be
fine." Looking back at Garran "I'll meet you guys back at medical. Are you OK with her?" Pointing to the white fox. Archeus walked over to Commander Tigermark
"Commander with your permission." Archeus then spread her wings to their fully extended position and readied herself for a gentle launch. The two lifted off  making a bee line back to camp.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:30 pm

Razor kept close to the other recruits in Tigermark's group, feeling the urgency radiating from some of the others. He was also scared witless with a scream that sounded like the devil himself rose from somewhere in the damp foliage, causing the rather skittish shark to shudder. Tigermark didn't have to tell him twice about running into those woods to follow something that sounded like that.

Slightly relieved when Sunny returned with news of two foxes and an recruit, he personally had a hard time believed that anything non-monstrous could make that sound...but he wasn't about to judge. Keeping in step with Angus and the rest of the group, he kept his eyes peeled for any unpleasant guests that might want to make themselves known as they made their way towards the injured party. As they got close, he finally was able to smell the blood from the wound the commander had mentioned and that everyone seemed to smell BUT him. It was nice not being left out anymore...however, that didn't stop him from making a small face when he caught a glance of the would on the purple fox. That looked it hurt a great deal.

Tigermark's order snapped him to attention and his grip tightened on the lance as he gave a sharp salute, "You got it, Sir!"

Keeping watch shouldn't be SO hard, right?
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledoux Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Ledoux had been sitting quietly by the side of the blonde fox some what bewildered at what all was going on. She looked up at him. "You never told me your name?" Looking up at the white haired marten "My this is all a bit much. I'm Ledoux by the way." She continued watching the other members attend to her brother. After a short time the blue tigress approached "Don't worry miss I'm taking him to our camp we have excellent doctors he'll be fine." Ledoux (wide eyed) nodded realizing she was in know position to argue and feeling a bit intimidated.
Ledoux
Ledoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Socks was grateful for the help with the knots. She was trying the one Niko showed her when Alec mentioned Niko might have a bit of a crush. Socks fluffed up in embarrassment with an almost audible 'fwoomph' at that, thankful that Lukas brought up that they should be focusing on the project. She didn't think she quite ready for any kind of relationship...

"I, uh... yeah... I think we are just putting together a model for presentation, not an actual prototype. I'm pretty sure we don't need to actually work out all the details, just enough to prove the idea is feasible," she stated, trying to casually smooth out her fur before they noticed. "I think the curved screen is a secondary concern, one we can put in the notes as a possible future feature. Right now we need to focus on getting the light wave interference pattern technology down, and I'm thinking some kind of piezoelectric crystal structure will get us a start. But then again I'm not the leader of the project so we should talk to Archeus before making that decision. While we're waiting for her and Garran to come back we should work on organizing the notes for presentation."
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:42 pm

Sunny perked an ear as the white fox spoke, then chuckled awkwardly, "Well, you're both hurt, and your friend here startled the whole camp with that noise he made." She nodded at the yellow fox recruit she hadn't properly met yet, "It's nice to meet you though, Ledoux, but I wish it were under better circumstances." She smiled.

Watching the others helping out and waiting for more instructions from Commander Tigermark, she gave the little fox a hopeful smile, "They'll take good care of you. It's a good thing you weren't stuck adrift, at least."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:14 pm

"Be careful with the flight. The rain stopped, but there can still be wind. I'll be behind you soon". He pulled the top half of his uniform away and wrapped it around the trembling fox before letting Archeus take flight. Flying creatures are resilient to the cold air, is a natural adaptation, but that poor puppy surely not.

Garran watched Archeus spreading the wings and jumping into the hair. The purple fox was in good hands. He then turned towards the white one and reached her, smiling to Sunny before kneeling down in front of the fox.
"Hello, miss. My name's Garran. I heard your name's Ledoux, right? Can I see if you're wounded?"
He tried to be reassuring while he examined the fox's paws to search for broken bones. "Don't worry, your brother is in good hands. Archeus, the blue tigress, is a good flyer, and our doctors are really skillfull"
She was evidently in better shape than her brother. No wounds, a slight hypothermia and some bruises, apparently no broken bones nor heavy internal damage, even if he wasn't the one to tell that.
"Now, we have to take you to the camp. Are you willing for a flight?"
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledoux Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Ledoux nodded at marten's comments,"They'll take good care of you. It's a good thing you weren't stuck adrift, at least." "No truer words have ever been spoken." Ledoux looked up as the other winged tiger approached her.
Hello, miss. My name's Garran. I heard your name's Ledoux, right? Can I see if you're wounded?"
"Hello Garran, oh yes thank you." "Don't worry, your brother is in good hands. Archeus, the blue tigress, is a good flyer, and our doctors are really skillfull" "That's very comforting to know. The past few days have been pretty tough."
"Now, we have to take you to the camp. Are you willing for a flight?"
"I've never been in the air before, but uh (gulp) OK." Ledoux couldn't help but feel a small wave of panic at the thought of flying. But knowing the kindness and generosity her and Zenny had been shown, it didn't last and she felt confident in Garran's abilities.

Last edited by Ledoux on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Ledoux
Ledoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:48 pm

Niko felt his heart leap and smiled at the adorable display of Socks fluffing up her fur in embarrassment. He almost wanted to give his sweet little teammate a hug.

Lukas and Alec also felt their heart leap, and felt the same euphoric rush that Niko did. It was a disconcerting effect for them, since they knew they didn't trigger it.

"So. You want to alter the piezoelectric crystals on a microscopic level, right?" Niko asks, shrugging off the effect of his infatuation and remembering that the four of them are, first and foremost, professionals. "Because that's the only way I can think how we could get any detail from that sort of crystal.
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:35 pm

"Basically, yeah. I want to find a crystal that will shift it's structure to form the microscopic interference patterns we'll be needing when we apply an electric signal to it. I think if we can find one that we can manufacture in small enough cells we can create a decent screen similar to the ones at our terminals," Socks explained, "Once we've got those down, we can see about the curved surround-displays I think Garran was suggesting, and maybe even flexible displays. I can see where he's coming from with those, but they need to be big and have some decent processing power behind them to be effective. The idea I have in my head right now is more like a window into a virtual world, rather than a projection of it into ours. A good first step as we try and get it going."

Socks finished off the tent she was setting up, then turned to the brothers, "I don't want us to be getting ahead of ourselves, but at the same time I don't want to stifle the group. I'm trying to keep in mind that we're not actually doing this project, just coming up with the idea for it, but I really hope that we can get the funding once we get to the Citadel to actually pursue it. It'll be important to have a goal within reach, or we won't be able to convince them to fund it."
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Tying the final knot on the tent he was working on, Keir turned from the free standing building before him. Looking back over to where the R&D recruits where discussing their project, whatever that was.

"Alright ladies and gents. This area is complete. Is there anything else you like us to help out with around here?" Keir asked after he walked over to brothers and the little fox. "You alright Socks?" he asked noticing her fur slightly fluffed up. "If you're cold, I could perhaps get some jackets or something. There were a few in a cabinet in the tent where Commander Tigeermark had us before the storm. I can try and find one for you guys to if you want," He nodded to the brothers before watching for answer from the group.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:04 pm

It was just before touching down that Zenny came to in the arms of Archeus. Archeus noticing her passengers look of total bewilderment tried to reassure him. "Zenny my name is Archeus. You've been injured and I'm taking you to our medical staff, so I need you to remain still and be calm OK." The couple landed shortly and Archeus proceeded to Hospital. She found her way to receiving and gently laid the fox down. Zenny was shaking and obviously scared. Archeus took her tablet out and notified Doctors Silver and Sylvian that they had arrived along with the fox's vitals. Archeus turned her attention back to the small fox. "Zenny we're going to be working on you shortly but you're in a safe place and your sister is on her way." Archeus gathered another blanket for him, patted him on the head and held his paw.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenny Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:56 am

Zenny's senses slowly started to return mid-flight, his look of bewilderment evident as his multicolored eyes shot open at the feeling of strong winds blowing into his exposed face. His eyes landed upon a large predator, a blue winged tigress and his bewilderment quickly turned into one of worry as he started looking frantically in all directions. Just as the adrenaline started to flow, his ears perked up as Archeus spoke to him in what could be described as a soft, almost motherly like voice. His nerves calmed as she spoke and his head relaxed back down between the two tree limbs, breathing a heavy sigh of relief despite his continued shaking.

As they landed in the middle of the camp the little fox immediately ducked his head for cover underneath Garran's over-sized uniform. Any onlookers in the camp would be treated to an odd sight as the tigress walked towards the medical tent, the only hint of what lie beneath being the strangely colored tail poking out from the uniform and hanging down the side of the makeshift gurney.

Once inside medical and laying on one of the nearby tables, Zenny's head would slowly emerge taking in the many fascinating sights inside the tent. As if that wasn't sensory overload enough, the multitude of smells and sounds emanating from outside the doorway let him know he was far from home and what could be described as "normal". As the tigress patted him on the head taking his good front paw in her own, he would move and lay his head over top her hand, slowly closing his eyes to rest finding some semblance of safety and warmth in her care.
Zenny
Zenny

Back to top Go down

Post by DeanFox Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:27 am

Dean turning to look at Ledoux as she finishes asking. "You never told me your name?" Where the heck is your brain Dean? Managing to not blush at the marten’s comment and steps aside to let those whom have medical training take the lead in checking them out and only speaks up and as Garren gets ready to take off with Ledoux. "Now, we have to take you to the camp. Are you willing for a flight?"
"I've never been in the air before, but uh (gulp) OK."
Dean stepping forward before they set off, “Dean, my name is Dean Crossfox!” offers his hand in greeting.
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledoux Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:50 am

Garran had wrapped the snow fox up and was in the process of securing her. When Dean stepped forward before they set off, “Dean, my name is Dean Crossfox!”
"Oh Dean I owe you so much. You've been an angel. I don't know how to thank you." The fox lowered her head and smiled teary eyed.
She made ready for her first flight and tried not to show to much fear. She clung to Garran not knowing what to expect next.
One last look over her shoulder to Sunny and the Commander, "Tiggermark Sir I'm in yours and Sunny's debt. I don't how but I will make this up to you some way I promise." Looking up at Garran's broad face she nodded. "I'm ready I think sir."
Ledoux
Ledoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:55 am

Tigermark watched the pair of winged recruits lift off with their patients. A broad smile crossed his muzzle. Though not winged, he loved to fly, and he loved to watch those who did have wings fly when they were doing a really great job of it. he then said, almost as a whisper.

"God speed, Arch and Garran, and you too, little foxes."

As the rescue flight left his view, he dropped his gaze and pulled out his communicator.

"Be with you in a minute, Recruits. I need to make sure the Lair knows about the rogue wave that washed our new friends off of Tepetema."

He tapped at the keys for a moment, establishing a connection.

"Hello Ops central, Commander Tigermark here. We just found two quadrupedal foxes washed up on shore at Kua Kua. They said a big wave washed them off Tepetema, and caused a lot of damage doing it. Sounds like a rogue wave along with the storms that just passed here."

"Yes Commander," the Ops minion replied, "We've had other reports from the autumn islands as well. We've got relief parties on the way there. Do you need help with your two castaways or can the camp handle them?"

"I think the camp can handle it. Dr. Silver is here today as well as our normal staff. Thanks Ops."

"Take care Commander," the tiger heard as he closed teh line and turned to the recruits.

"Okay guys and gal, good work. The adventure is over for now, so we need to get back. No more time for stories, we need to finish up on uniform wear and your lance certifications."

As he said uniform wear, he looked at Sunny. She was a sight, still disheveled and splattered in mud. he suppressed a slight laugh and spoke to her.

"Recruit Sunday, that was very good work. You can head on back and get cleaned up a bit if you want. Then meet us in the tent we were taking shelter in."

He then looked at Razor and Angus.

"Great job, guys. You can relax a bit, I don't think there's any real danger right now. I wanted you along as backup and in case we had to litter-carry anyone out. We're going to walk up the beach about a hundred yards and check on teh power line and distribution center. If all it needs is resetting the breaker, I can do that. Anything else and we'll just call it in so the repair team can head this way. let's go."

Tigermark headed out, leading the way up the beach.

Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:11 am

Sunny perked her ears attentively when the Commander addressed her, then smiled proudly at the compliment, "Thank you sir. I'm glad I could help... ah... Yeah I think changing would be a good idea." She chuckled, brushing at some of the mud again, "So much for taking care of the uniform."

She gave the officer an awkward smile and a nod, before obeying his directions and scurrying back into the jungle toward camp so she could clean up.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:54 am

Tigermark stopped short, suddenly realizing he hadn't said anything to the recruit who's call for help had sped up the whole operation. he turned back a second.

"Recruit Crossfox. Thank you for finding those two and getting our attention. I'll mention it to your training officer. Er, what were you doing out this way, anyway? In any case, good job. Now you'd better get back to camp, don't want you to get in trouble."

With that, the tiger turned and headed out the way he'd started, leading the way for the two recruits with him.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next