Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 16 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 16 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Merrihop Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:45 pm

Sunny looked a bit puzzled, listening to what Lex said. Her ears twitched a bit as she thought it over, "Well... I'm sure Commander Steele had a reason if he confiscated your tools. The Overlord's policies are strictly non-lethal, I mean, hunting tools are weapons aren't they? They're meant for killing... We don't need to hunt or fish for our food here at camp at least."

She shrugged a little bit, smiling rather apologetically, "I really don't know for sure. But I'm sure it'll be alright. Maybe they just don't want new recruits carrying weapons around camp?"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 16 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Admin Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:59 am

Darius bade Vince inside. "My apologies for the delays, sir..." He thumbed through the bears file and gave an appraising nod. "hmmm Indeed... another cook! Well then I have already tasked another with my meals but I'm certain you two wouldn't mind sharing the duties. Speak with recruit Wilson when you're able, he's a terrapin I beleive.. about working out a scedule of which days you'll be cooking which meals for those I have assigned to you." He pulled a slip of paper out of the file and handed it to the bear. "Your tent assignment, make certain to get your uniform picked up in the uniform tent. As for your cooking for me? I do like fish." He smiled and pulled the tent flap open. "Dismissed... Recruit Charon you may enter!"

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:08 am

"Perhaps, your right," Lex would admit, "One cannot be too careful when you do not know what some may be here for.  In case there was some bad fruit or those who may... have the wrong intention," she quipped.  With a shrug though she explained her reasoning with the preferred use of the word 'tools.'  "Well, my father had always taught me that there was a key difference between tools and weapons.  Tools are intentioned to be used for work or survival, be it a bow or a garden trowel.  Both -can- be used to harm others, but they're tools if you use them for your livelihood.  Then weapons are almost exclusively used with the intention of harming another, or showing the ability or intention of doing so.  But then again, I'm talking semantics," she would say, shrugging a bit.  "Dad was a bit of a philosopher in his own way.  I guess he used it as his way of passing time during a hunt or over a campfire."

"I suppose part of it is I'm just not use to others hunting or providing for me," she chuckled a bit, "A hard habit to break when you are use to hunting and gathering for yourself, and selling the excess for items you don't have," she would say with her hands splaying out from her sides slightly.  "But, I can see that he may have some reason to be cautious as not everyone is known or trusted as yet," she would say with a grin with a shrug, the paltry catch of fish dangling from a string in her one hand, a bottle of water in the other.  She paused a moment to take a quick drink from the bottle.  As she did so, she looked over towards the recruit who apparently had a bit of a stronger run in with the Commander who was currently speaking with the tall striped commander now.  But within a second her gaze turned back to Sunny and the others in line.  "It does appear, that the conversations and the potential interactions will be interesting, among all the various recruits, doesn't it?" she would say, seeming to not intend to point out anyone in particular, nor to highlight herself either.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:25 am

Tigermark was still waiting for the raccoon to recover enough to state what he wanted when the tent flap opened and the spectacled bear stepped out and Commander Steele called for the next recruit. He motioned the cheetah forward.

"You're next, Recruit, step on in."

And to the bear. "Recruit Avery, the uniform tent is over there. It's marked with a sign over the door."

He then turned back to see if the raccoon, Recruit Marshfield, was ready to speak yet.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:35 am

Sunny's ears twitched back softly at the extensive description of the difference between a weapon and a tool. She clasped her hands behind her back, tilting her head, "Er... I see..."

She cleared her throat softly, glancing over at the camp, then back at the tent, seeming to process for a moment before speaking, her face rather thoughtful, "I think it's going to vary from person to person, really... Everyone has their own way of interacting and approaching others. Sometimes it's all about someone's attitude. So far everyone I've talked to seemed pretty nice..."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:37 am

Vince simply stood there when Commander Steele apologized for the delays. While he wasn't sure what he had been expecting, this wasn't it. Given the variety of species that had been lined up as new recruits, that the Commander was a human was the icing on the cake, so to speak. Vince doubted he'd see another species quite so unique... well, at least for today, who knows what other types of people the Overlord has in her employ? He was hard pressed not to stare, though he thought he managed tolerably well.

Upon hearing that there was another recruit going the direction of cook, Vince relaxed slightly. It would be easier having someone else on a similar path to share ideas, and mis-steps with. Mostly though, it was a relief that he wouldn't be doing this alone. Recruit Wilson, he repeated the name to himself, and a turtle? He didn't remember seeing any turtles yet, though he could ask around of course. Vince took the slip of paper with his tent assignment with a small bow, an action that was more of a habit developed as a cook when working around the other staff than anything remotely military. "Of course, sir, and thank you," he replied after Steele had made known his liking for fish.

Vince backed out of the tent. Overall, he had found the Commander to be a warmer man than he had anticipated. He turned and immediately found himself addressed by the other Commander, Tigermark. His gaze followed the tiger's gesture and landed on the uniform tent. "Thank you, sir," he said. The bear exchanged a nod with Dean and Devon as he passed. He would have said something, but Devon at least seemed to be speaking with Commander Tigermark and he wasn't going to interrupt. Vince started on his way to the uniform tent.
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 16 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1

Post by DeanFox Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:10 am

"see you in a bit Vince." whispering and giving a small wave as Vince walks past.  sorry dude I should have warned you about General Steel in the tent but where's the fun in that, I dropped my footlocker on my tail when I found out the rumors were true.  I should have offered him some of my candies for his throat but, maybe later.  "He's here for," stopping myself as the Raccoon spoke at the same time as I did I cringe. "Sorry." and make a gesture that I'm going to stand over there.  walking back to where I was standing before I opened my mouth, I think I have heard more than one person talking about lap times. stretching out my legs in preparation for when Mr. Tiger or someone figures that little tidbit out. eventually I will have to sneak off to practice my voice some scales and then something simple like, like... Janice Joplin's Mercedes Benz or something else short.
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Charon's eyes perked up when he heard his name coming from inside the Officer's Tent. "Well it's been nice chatting to you two ladies, but I believe the commander has summoned me for assignment," the feline did a quick bow and headed inside where the bear had just exited.
He did a quick look around the inside of the tent and found it just as he imagined it. Papers all over the place with a simple desk and chair and in the chair was what seemed to be a human. His eyes raised in a bit of alarm and surprise, not expecting to see one working so closely to the Overlord and in charge of recruiting to boot. "Charon Bond reporting sir," Charon said, his voice cracking just a bit from the overuse of his voice. He tried to cough to mask the voice difference but it was unavoidable; it only made his throat feel worse in the long run.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Lex nodded to Charon as he bowed and turned to enter the Commander's tent. "Good luck, she said out of force of habit, not that she thought he would need it. Those with drive seem to often do well, and she was mildly curious if Charon would find a position, like he hoped, as a diver.

Lex blinked for a moment, noting how Sunny seemed to be disinterested or uncomfortable with the subjects of 'tools and weapons.' "Sorry," Lex apologized, "I sometimes go off on a tangent like my father used to..." she seemed to gain a somewhat distant look in her eyes as though recalling a fond memory, but only for a fraction of a second.

Lex's momentary lapse into memory ended, her left ear giving a slight flick, and she continued. "True, true," she said with a nod of agreement to Sunny's comment about the recruits. "Hopefully many more, still to come, will be very agreeable," she would say with a smile. "It’s a blessing that this is a great time for training, and great scenery to accompany it," she would add hoping that this may be more comfortable of a subject for her conversational partner as she watched for her reaction.

Lex shifted her paws a little, feeling the sand in-between her toes, but moving a little to adjust her clothing. It may have been great for navigating the underbrush or under the canopy of the jungle trees but the tough leather does grow very warm in the bare sun, even in her short fur. Her discomfort did distract her long enough to imagine and wonder if the uniforms were, indeed, any more comfortable, as well as what differences some may have depending on their post. She knew a little about the diving suits, but she had once read about some of the human's attempts to experience what the birds do, from the parachute to the cliff diving glide suits. They all sounded like they'd provide an interesting experience.

"I do wonder what sorts of uniforms the Overlord's minions may have to use? I mean like are they different between those that spend much time indoors, those who stay in the forest, to those who take to the air..." she said as though thinking out loud, not directing her comment to anyone in particular.

Last edited by Akkarri on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minor errors corected)
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by BanditRingtail Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:54 pm

Devon had to take a moment to compose himself, and his timid nature took over with some of the activity around him. He found his voice though, and offered his slip of paper with his lap times on it, looking rather sheepish.

"I... I forgot to turn this in, Sir." He swallowed, daring to meet Tigermark's eyes if only to fight off some of his fear. "I didn't want to... y'know... disturb the General... and..." He coughed a little and took a swig from Vince's canteen, making a note to pay that bear back someday for the act of kindness. "I-I think I left... left my notebook inside... if you could... I mean... I'd like to have it back. It was important. Is important." He tried not to look demanding nor pitiful. He didn't want to get a reputation for being anything but obedient, not after Steele's lesson. "Could you just... get someone to put it in my tent? Just so long as nothing's missing, and I get it by the end of the day... uh, Sir."

BanditRingtail

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/banditringtail/

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyotecanuck Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:27 am

Ian walked hurriedly down the gangplank from the boat to the pier with his duffle bag in hand. He was late, VERY late. About halfway into the voyage from 'Okotopa, the engine of the aging vessel had died. Fortunately, Ian had been able to improvise some repairs and get the engine going again, though the ship was restricted to a much slower pace. He was surprised (pleasantly) that the repairs he made had lasted as long as they had, though judging by the sound the engine was currently making, he doubted they would last much longer.

Walking into the camp, Ian looked around trying to see where the new recruits were supposed to report for duty. As he walked, he used an old rag to wipe away the worst of the grime he had gotten on his fur while working on the ship’s engine. Upon seeing a large tent, with a line of people who seemed to be new recruits like him, he broke into a light jog and joined the end of the line. “I hope this is the right spot” he placed his duffle bag on the ground and put away the rag he had been using, though there were still a few noticeable spots of grime on his hands and face.
Coyotecanuck
Coyotecanuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:07 am

Sunny shook her head a bit, "I don't really know all that much about what the uniforms will be like once we get there. I just remember that we'll get uniforms fitted to us specifically when we get to the lair. Other than that I have no idea."

She shrugged and chuckled a bit, "But as long as they're as nice as this, I'll be fine. I guess if something special is needed for an assignment, we'll get it."

The arrival of a newcomer to the back of the line suddenly captured the marten's attention, and she turned to look at him, smiling broadly, "Line for new recruits, yes it is! Just wait here until it's your turn and you'll be called in to speak with Commander Steele. Nice to meet you, I'm Sunny."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:10 am

Tigermark listened to the raccoon. He was certainly trying to not make a fuss. With a neutral tone and expression the tiger accepted the slip of paper.

"All right, Recruit, I'll turn it in for you. We have too many in line yet to let you back in to look for your notebook, but I'll send it to you by one of the last recruits. let me see your tent assignment so I'll know where to send it. When you're able, go on to the uniform tent."

Then the tiger smirked to himself. Another recruit just jogged over and got in line. At this rate, it would be training day three before they got them all through.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 16 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1

Post by DeanFox Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:32 pm

Lap times, okay let's not get into trouble waiting for them to finish. "Sir," walking over to them again. "Um, Lap times? once he gets somewhere," turning briefly to recruit Marshfield as he staggers off a bit. "that's if you still want a navigational beacon, who do i report to." standing there thinking over running laps digi or planti and the way my legs are tensed up it will probably be digitgrade. looking over the line there is a new face at the end of the line cleaning at something that resembles grease in it's difficulty to remove, the blue winged tigress with the meditation, and the rest.
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by BanditRingtail Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Devon was happy to at least salvage something out of this mess. When he heard Tigermark's comment though, he almost toppled over in his surprise, looking dismayed.

"Oh, no, Sir! I wasn't... I mean, I understand. Please don't think I wanted to rummage around in his tent while he's busy. I'm... not anxious to upset the General." He couldn't help but add the words "not again" in his head, sparing a nervous glance at the tent. "But yes, thank you. I can't lose those notes. I probably can't, y'know, use any of them. Not if I'm starting out as a grunt..." He shrugged and risked a smile. "But... if I make it even close to the top... well, a prison warden has to keep on top of things. Keep things up to date. Wouldn't do to let the Overlord's prison fall behind in security, now would it?"

Then he realized he'd been making casual conversation with a superior... a superior who probably had better things to do. He ducked his head in a short bow. "Sorry, Sir. I tend to ramble. I'll get my uniform now." He turned and headed off in what he figured was the general direction of the uniform tent. Things were still blurry, but he took it slow and kept his arms out in front of himself. With any luck, he'd make it there without any further humiliation, like walking into a tree. He really didn't feel like being humbled any more than he had been.

BanditRingtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:02 pm

“I suppose we’ll all find out eventually,” Lex responded with a grin. “I’m sure they’ll be superb for our roles.”

Before Lex could continue another recruit approached, carrying a duffle that he put down as he joined into the line. She held the grin from the from her conversation with Sunny as she looked quickly over the canine noting what appeared to be engine oil or grease he had missed when he cleaned himself with a rag. She noted that it seemed that he was someone who liked or at least knew his way around with machinery.

Lex nodded in agreement to Sunny’s welcome, “Yeah, this is the place to check in at,” she said indicating the tent. “The Commander’s inside, but I don’t think it’ll be all that long, It seems like the last few recruits did go through a little faster than earlier,” she said with a shrug. She would give a mock salute, raising a pair of fingers to her hairline and moving them away, “The name is Lex,” she would say, introducing herself.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:13 pm

Tigermark arched his eyebrow, trying to keep a grin off his face at the eagerness of the fox.

"Relax, Recruit Fox. No laps for you today, well, not yet, anyway. Those were given out to specific recruits by General Steele."

As the raccoon apologized and turned to go, the tiger sent him on with a "Good idea, Recruit."

As he watched Recruit Marshfield make his way in the general direction of the uniform tent, it was all he could do not to yell "ZOMBIE!"

The recruit had already had a tough enough time without having the whole camp chasing him.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Having arrived at the uniform tent, Vince started looking through those that were available. There really were a startling variety. He ran over the fabric of one of them with a hand, finding it lighter than he had anticipated and softer as well. Looking through, he found ones that seemed like they would fit him and made use of one of the changing rooms to try them on. As it turned out, the first shirt he tried on was a bit too tight in the shoulders, though the trousers fit fine. He made a quick trip out of the changing room to pick out a shirt that was a size bigger.

Now fully decked out, Vince took a look at himself in the mirror and did not initially recognize himself. The uniform fit surprisingly well, now that he had the correct sizes, and it made him look much less... provincial. He allowed himself a moment to admire what he saw in the mirror. For off-the-rack uniforms, these were exceptional. Even the colors, which he had at first viewed with some trepidation, didn't clash with his fur. He hoped the day would continue to be filled with pleasant surprises.

Vince packed his civilian clothes into his rucksack, got himself a spare uniform as instructed, which also ended up inside the rucksack in short order, and then stood there, unsure what to do with the shirt that had been too small. Should he just fold it and put it back? Or was it supposed to be cleaned again first? He wasn't sure. After standing there awkwardly for a few moments, the problem was taken out of his hands, quite literally, by the gecko lady who was in charge of this tent. "Thank you!" he called after her.
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeanFox Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:46 am

"Very good sir." saluting one more time before walking off to shadow Marshfield. "Dude your doing good so far, you still want company or..." just keeping tabs on him as he makes his own way to the uniforms tent. leaning in to whisper as he takes a drink from the canteen. "You can hate me but I want so badly to know more words to Thriller."
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyotecanuck Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:42 am

“It’s a pleasure to meet you both” he smiles in reply to the greetings from Sunny and Lex. “My name is Ian” he holds out his hand in greeting, before realizing that it was still dirty from working on the ship’s engine. “Woops, normally I’d shake your hands, but I seem to have missed a few spots when I was cleaning mine” Ian chuckles good naturedly. “This sort of mess tends to happen when you’re working with older machinery.”
Coyotecanuck
Coyotecanuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:34 am

Sunny was reaching out to shake hands when Ian pulled his back. She giggled and nodded, "That's ok, it happens sometimes. I'm gonna guess Research and Development, then? If you're good with machines, that is. It's nice to meet you Ian."

Her eyes turned toward the Commander's tent quickly, then back to the friendly coyote with another smile, "Did you have a nice trip over?"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyotecanuck Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:35 pm

“Yes, I’m hoping for a position in R&D, I’ve always liked working with machinery and such.”

“The first half of the trip was uneventful, but about halfway here, the ships engine cut out” he replied, remembering the engines coughing splutter before it shut off. “After a little bit of work, I managed to start it up again, though we had to move much slower to avoid putting to much stress on the repairs. I spent most of the remainder of the voyage monitoring the engine, but it managed to get us here, though I doubt the crew will be leaving until they make the proper repairs.” Ian smiled “other than that, the trip was quite pleasant though.”
Coyotecanuck
Coyotecanuck

Back to top Go down

Post by BanditRingtail Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:00 pm

"No, no, I'm... well, maybe. Just warn me if I start heading for a tree." Devon smirked at Dean and coughed, pausing to take another drink from the canteen, judging it to be about half full from the weight and the angle necessary to access the water. Then the fox whispered something in his ear and he almost did a spittake, ending up with water up his nose, coughing even more. He'd need a cough drop at this rate, to soothe his poor throat. "Thriller? The hell is Thriller? And what's that got to do with anything?" Devon wasn't sure he liked this guy, but he'd try to reserve judgment for now. In any case, if things really got out of hand, he could always avoid Dean or ask for some kind of official restraining order, if they even had that in boot camp. He doubted it. And he wasn't about to talk to Steele again unless it was important or required.

At least they were near the uniform tent now. Maybe after getting dressed there and finding something to eat, his mood would improve, and then he could get some rest in his tent. Not like he needed time to settle anyway. When you flee the police in the dead of night, you don't often take time to grab an extra set of clothes. He'd have to see about getting replacements.

BanditRingtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Archeus walks over to Sunny and Ian. She smiles at Sunny and can't help but look over at Ian in amusement. Hey guys, as she extends her arm to shake Ian's hand and makes a fist bump. I'm Archeus, and please don't let my looks... uh well you know what they say about judging books by the cover and what not. You sir appear to have been on quite an adventure already. If I may be so bold, what is your background?
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:04 pm

Sunny giggled, hearing Ian's story, and shook her head, "Ok that's some story. I'm glad you made it in one piece. Good job fixing the boat! I'm sure there's someone here who'll be glad to help them if they need it."

Her gaze drifted up, though, when a very tall person approached the group. She blinked her eyes and smiled at the newcomer, "Oh hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Sunny."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next