Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 4 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by TheSphinx Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:10 pm

“Good luck, Garran!”
Eddie’s words stirred Garran from his thoughts. He smiled back and watched the bat going away.

He shook his head and cleared his mind.
Now, one thing at a time. For now just make a good impression.
He waited a bit for education, then picked up his bag and the pole.
“How do you knock at a tent?” said to himself.

He took a deep breath and stepped inside.
“Good morning, Sir.” Garran said standing attention. “My name’s Garran White. I’m here to sign in.”
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 4 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Admin Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:52 pm

Darius held the tent open for him with his cane and then propped it up against his desk while he matched Garran up with his file. "Welcome to Kua'Kua Mr white. Says here in your file you're a bit more scientifically inclined." A hint of a smile flickered on his face. "If my friend Silver were in better shape I'd have sent him here directly but we'll simply have to make do with what we have, as they say." He raised his eyes finally to look at him.

"You'll be working under Sylvian in research and development. Try not to make anything explode while you're here and we'll get along just fine." He grabbed his cane to pull it open again.

"Hopefully when Silver feels better he'll hop in for a visit. He's the one who'd really be able to hone your skills." He pulled a slip of paper form the file and handed it to Garran. "Here's your tent assignment and also directions to the Research and development area. Good luck and dismissed! Tell the next recruit in line they're up."

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Lexaniri didn’t seem to take long to find a comfortable pace. It wasn’t a pace she would use normally when hunting in the jungle, or fishing, but over the terrain it wasn’t all that difficult. It was more of a matter of keeping pace with the distance so that she didn’t drain away all her energy too quickly overall. However to Shard’s comments, she gave a small laugh. “Heh, you know how it is when you work and all, it just doesn’t seem to be as necessary when you cover that distance and more in a hunt or to get to your favorite fishing spot,” she would indicate. “I’m surprised the commander didn’t seem to like the idea of combining the bow with fishing. I suppose it was good I wasn’t working with a spear or the like.” She would say as she continued to keep pace. “I suppose I’ll just have to deal with one challenge or another,” she would say as though more of resignation than fact. Overall she continued on the way, adjusting her speed as necessary, but in truth she was moving at a slower pace than she could do, for the sake of conversation.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:25 pm

“Thank you, sir” said Garran taking the note.
“As what happened before with the shock pole and the other recruits, sir… I think it could be my fault a bit. I told them how to assemble the pole they were working with. Please, don’t be too strict with them. I’ll leave it here” and posed the weapon in a corner.
He was almost out of the tent, making sign to a brown tiger quoll to enter, when he turned back.
“Excuse me, sir? Do recruits have to wear an uniform?”
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:40 pm

He looked up from pulling out the next file to look at Garran. "Yes, sorry. Long day.. there should be signs up directing you to the back where uniforms are metted out. They're all generic for now untill we have a better idea for your level of expertise. You'll get a properly tailored one when you arrive on Aukate."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:44 pm

"Thank you, sir" he said again, and finally got out the tent.
"You're next." said to the woman standing outside. He then began the long quest to find his place.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvian Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Doctor Greymyst walks briskly from the cluster of tents marked "R&D" and towards the officers mess. He was in search of some hot water and a mug for some tea, and he was sure by now the officers mess would have some, and now that the two large tents that housed the majority of the training equipment for R&D was squared away, he had a small chance to break away and get some needed caffeine.

Adjusting his glasses as he passed by various recruits and other staff he enjoys the small walk as he wonders how many recruits will be tossed his way, and for that matter what he will do with them.

Thoughts of threatening to make them memorize medical charts like he did in school come to mind, but then some of them might actually like that. Perhaps the bunny ray? No, that was outlawed the last time someone used it as punishment, as it caused a whole epidemic of cuteness overload.

Nah, he'd just treat them like he treats any other member of his staff: with kindness and understanding. They will make mistakes, and hopefully none of them would be turned into bunnies, or weasels, or some other small creature.

Stepping into the Officer's Mess he quickly finds a large thing of hot water next to some ceramic mugs. Grabbing a mug he fills it with water and pulls a packaged tea-bag out of a pocket and puts it into the hot water to steep.

Walking back out he stops and looks around, taking in the scenery again in an attempt to familiarize himself. Movement off on the small jogging track around the camp catches his eye, and he looks over to see a group of recruits, some he had seen earlier and some new, jogging .

For a moment he is confused, until he hears a pair of minions passing by talking about how the General had yelled at a group of recruits and sent them to do laps.

Shaking his head Sylvian sighs and starts back off towards Medical. He had best get the cough drops out of his desk drawer and put them down where Darius can find them easily should the General come pay him a visit. Sipping his tea, which is a somewhat muted Earl Grey due to the fact it is in a teabag and not loose leaf, he decides that perhaps having some instruments on hand to check the General's breathing, Oxygen levels, and lung capacity might also be beneficial. Best to make sure he is recovering nicely if he stops in.
Sylvian
Sylvian

Back to top Go down

Post by Koichi18 Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:08 am

As he was about to reach a recruit coming out from the wrong tent, Koichi hears someone yelling that was close by,

"And that goes for anyone else out here that isn't in this line in the next five minutes. I don't want to be here all day. Snap to it!"

His ears perked and he help his belonging tight and rushed over to where he heard the voice.
  "Oh dear, i dont know what is going on over there, but i feel that that is where i must be go to get what i need."

Koichi finally reaches to where he heard the person yelling, walking to the line and catches his breath. He reassures himself that this is the right spot thanks to the line and several recruits walking off to their respective tents. He makes sure to double check of his supplies and any extra paperwork he needed to show before being called upon.
Koichi18
Koichi18

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/koichi18/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:30 am

The shark's muscles were on fire as he pulled his body onto the island's shores. Mere seconds later, a suitcase and a shoulder back followed, nestling nearby. Razor let out an audible groan as he rolled over on his back rubbing his hands down his face. He'd missed the stupid boat by a few minutes that morning. His stupid alarm clock hadn't sounded, leaving him significantly less time to get ready than he'd originally planned for, thus making him late for the boat. Hardly one to be deterred by what he considered a "minor" set back, he'd quickly changed into his swimming gear and swam the entire distance to Kua'kua as fast as he could with his things in tow. And now he was exhausted before the training began.

Gills opening an closing slowly, he lowered his panicky heart rate to  a decent pace, and removed his hands from his face to stare upwards towards the sky. "Stupid alarm clock. Stupid boat" He turned his head to look at his wet luggage. "Stupid, non-waterproof luggage". Getting to his feet, he approached his bags, digging through to to find the least wet clothes he could. It wasn't so surprising that NOTHING was not drenched. With an annoyed curse, he pulled out a purple, torn sleeved shirt and khaky shorts. He needed to find a place to change before he reported to whoever was in charge, as he strongly doubted fitted swim shorts were proper attire.

Pulling the wet clothes on, he gathered the rest of his bags and made his way down a path that looked like it lead somewhere important. At least he hoped it did. This was Kua'Kua, right? He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw several tents at the bootcamp, and was a bit surprised to see some recruits running on the first day.

"Looks like they don't mess around...my kind of place" he mumbled to himself, noting that some looked rather winded. Hiking his bags up a little higher, he continued wandering around the camp in hopes of finding someone who looked a least a little official.

Last edited by Rotors91 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:55 am

There was a very brief wait for the next recruit to come in, So Tigermark took the chance to talk to Darius a moment.

"Darius, are you doing okay? You seem a bit tired already. Is there anything I can do to help you out?"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Darius rubbed his temples. "Get them all set up and out and then I can rest..." He leaned back in his chair, it creaked against his thin body and he stretched his arms. "My lungs and leg are giving me a bit of trouble, I'll live." 

Inside the uniform tent stood a pucky looking gecko with a clip board. "Certainly!" She indicated to the table where uniforms of all sizes were laid out largest to smallest and with adjoining lables. "Right now we're going the generic pre-fitted route but once you get to Aukate you either wont need one or Charlotte will get you a perfectly tailored one for your department.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:35 pm

Garran wandered a bit between the tents. Now, first things first. He looked again at the piece of paper wrapped between his fingers to check the tent number. He didn't want to stir awkward discussions by walking in the wrong tent. It could have been a fun way to approach some girls though...
Finally arrived. The tent was big enough to stay inside without folding the wings too thightly. He left his things in a corner.
Now, what to do?
He decided that wearing a uniform would make a better impression on those he was going to meet. He opened his bag with some difficulties and from the chaos of clothes and workshop tools he pulled out a piece of rough cloth, with which wiping away the remains of acid from the arm. Then he emerged again in the noisy sea of tents and began searching for uniforms.

Luckily signs were clear and the tent easily recognizable.
Inside there already were some people talking with a geecko lady - recruits, he could argue.
'Hoping they have something for winged people' he thought, and waited for his turn in a corner, with arms crossed - well, with one arm crossed, at least.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Traversing through the camp, Razor spotted a female quoll in uniform standing outside a tent labeled "OFFICER QUARTERS". If sign up was going to be anywhere, it'd be here. Quickening his pace, he stopped next to short woman, noting she was busy with something on her tablet. As excited as he was to finally be here, he didn't want to just barge in if she had business to attend to first...then again, it didn't seem she'd noticed his arrival.

Within the tent, the shark could hear some muted conversation, none of it decipherable.

He cleared his throat.

"'Scuse me, miss? You waitin' in line?" He didn't mind waiting if she indeed was, as his body was still pretty wet, even through the clothes he was wearing. Once he got settled, he'd dry off a little and try to get more familiar with the camp.
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Sunny smiled warmly at the gecko lady and nodded, "Thank you very much!"

She went over to the smaller uniforms, glancing them over before picking up one she thought might do the trick. She couldn't help but stop short though, when she felt the material, "These feel amazing..."

She chuckled to herself and went to one of the curtained off fitting stalls in the back, quickly shucking her normal clothes and trying on the uniform. It sat a bit big on her in places, but she was a bit long for her size, despite her miniscule height. It would work just fine for the time being.

Folding up her discarded civilian wear, she gathered it up and stepped tentatively out of the fitting room, wondering if she looked alright in the new uniforms, but smiled warmly anyway, "Thank you very much, miss! Do I need just the one for now or are we supposed to take an extra to change?"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:58 pm

After seeing Sunny pick up one of the uniforms and move back to the fitting rooms, Keir looked over the numerous outfits set out and picked one of the larger sets. He then proceeded to the next open stall, whence he changed out of his shorts and shirt and into the uniform. It was a snug fit over his muscular body, and almost uncomfortable.

He re-dressed and grabbed another one, being just a bit larger than the last one. When he had the uniform on and had adjusted all of the buckles and straps to fit him the way he wanted, he stepped out of the stall.

"How does it look?" he asked Sunny. "I think I like the way these fit. And they're very comfy and soft, no?" he smiled at her. Picking up his civvies, he put them under his arm and stood next to the pretty little fox waiting for Angus to get his uniform.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Sunny perked her ears, smiling again and regarding Keir in his uniform, before nodding an affirmative, "It looks good. They really are pretty flattering. And I don't know what they use but it feels like silk... I think my normal clothes are going to be too warm after wearing this. I definitely don't need the sweaters my mother insisted on sending with me. No winter in the Summer islands," She giggled, straightening her new uniform shirt one more time.

She glanced over at the fellow who had just walked in, and smiled a bit, "Hello! I think I spotted you by the equipment tables earlier. Was there a little flash or am I imagining things? You didn't hurt yourself did you? I know the Overlord doesn't use lethal force, but those electrical weapons probably hurt!"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Since the others were choosing their uniforms freely, Garran felt encouraged to look by himself.
There was an absurd amount of shapes, fitting almost anything Nature would allow. Taylors must have worked really hard to provide a suitable choice for everyone. He walked around the tables: from extra small to extremely huge, for plantigrades and digitigrades, for two-limbed to multi-limbed, four legged… finally he found a suiting one for winged creatures.
Just when he was going to the stalls outside to try it on, he found himself in front of an impasse. There were just too many buttons, both on the front and on the shoulder-blades for wings, to manage them with only one working arm.
He blushed approaching the gecko lady. He smiled embarrassed.
“Excuse me, madam… I think I need some help…”
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:37 pm

"I have to agree with you on the fabric," Keir replied. "It is certainly more comfortable than my canvas summer clothes."

He smiled and looked over to the sphinx that had entered and was looking around. He had something that caught Keir's attention immediately. The sphinx had a mechanical left arm and large wings. This was the first time he had ever seen anybody with something mechanical attached to them.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:51 pm

The Gecko looked up from sewing buttons on one of the uniforms. "oh! of course." She came out from behind the table and helped to fasten the buttons. "When you get to the lair, you should talk to Charlotte our tailor, she can make the buttons snap-on or velcro instead if you prefer. Fox doesn't have much preference of how the uniforms snap together, the buttons are mostly for show anyway." She finished fastening the buttons over his wings and smiled, hearing sunny she looked a bit embarrassed. "oh yes! make sure you pick out two of the same size so you have a spare. And write your name in permanent marker on the nametag in the collar, that way we we pick up your uniforms for the laundry we know what tent and bed to deliver them back to."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Garran was interrupted by a voice behind him. He turned round, and needed a moment to realize the voice came from a white marten in front of him, just a bit out of his normal sight.
"Well, hello there!" he exclaimed, and nodded to the black wolf near her.
“What flash are you… oh, that! I thought I only blanked for the electrocution, but now I realize it must have been quite a pyrotechnical performance.”
He smiled. “Don’t worry, I’m fine. Back home it was a recurring joke among my friends to call me Prometheus, referring to an old human myth: he stole the fire from his gods and got punished for that. I was quite the same: I could make everything work, but the process would in many cases hurt me. Trust me, I have been mauled, cut, burned and electrocuted more than would be advisable.” And smiled again.
"My name's Garran, by the way, and I talk too much" continued, offering his hand to the two.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:46 pm

"The name's Keir. Keir Mahlonne," Keir took Garran's hand with a firm grip and shook it. "It's quite a pleasure to meet someone as fascinated by science as you. Many of friends back home were into that sort of thing," he looked back at Garran's machinery. "But they were not as far along as you are," he smiled.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:51 pm

"That was not expected to happen, though" Garran replied following Keir's gaze.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:04 pm

He looked over the bigger uniforms knowing from past experiences that his belly could make a perfectly fine shirt uncomfortable. After some looking and feeling he smiled as he plucked a uniform out of the bunch. He looked over to the wolf and the marten who both looked striking in their new uniforms.
"These fabric feels great and you two look fantastic. " he holds up the uniform "just a moment "
he goes behind one of the changing curtains and disrobes quickly.
then he tryes the uniform and finds it comfortable and a good fit.
He steps out showing his new comrades the Uniform.
"What do you think ?"
He bundles his civilian clothes up and takes them under his arm.
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:14 pm

"I see. Well nonetheless, it is certainly interesting", Keir says to the sphinx then nods at Angus.

"Thank you. And you don't half bad yourself. That's a good fit on you. Now then. What's next eh?" he looks at his two companions and then back to Garran.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:19 pm

"How about we drop our civies of in our tents "he holds his bundle up " and then look if we can get something to eat. The commander said that today is only orientation and tommorrow beginns our training. What do you say Sunny ? "
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next