Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day Three: Training continues.

+22
DeanFox
Zenny
Ledoux
Archeus
Coyotecanuck
Solitair
Rotors91
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Tamara
Nightwolf1513
Technocupcake
Akkarri
Sylvian
tobi3B
TheSphinx
Tygon
Astralin
Tigermark
Whitetail
Merrihop
Darius Steele
26 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 9 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by Rotors91 Wed May 28, 2014 2:25 pm

At the Commander’s praise, Razor couldn’t help he smile that broke across his features. As little training as they’d had, Tigermark had done a great job of teaching them they skills they needed to be a formidable work force. And there was nothing more satisfying than knowing you were showing your commander’s ability to teach through your actions…regardless if it had just been some push-ups in sync. Praise was praise.

Approaching footsteps had the shark turning his head to see a bipedal fox making her way to their line up. Who the frick was that? From Commander Steele’s expression and his call for “ten-shun” for “her majesty”….he soon figured it was the Overlord. Doing as commanded, he didn’t miss the expression she made towards Darius’s actions and quirked his lip a bit in an attempt to restrain a laugh. He slipped out of the salute, relaxing as he watched the banter between the Overlord, Darius and Sunny.

He happened to catch Keir’s looking his way and offered the wolf a discreet thumbs up for his performance before turning his attention back to the conversation in front of him.

The Overlord seemed…nice. He’d was expecting someone like Darius or worse, but she floored him with her down to earth personality. Though, when the trainee from base ops stepped in and apparently stepped out of boundaries, he noted that the fox wasn’t one to be trifled with…so he would be sure to step lightly….It was crazy how quickly she could shift from scary Overlord to ‘hey there, I’m extremely laid back and cool’ Overlord, because soon she was smiling in their direction again.

It was all he could not to squeal like a little human girl when she mentioned that recruits would be selected to go with her to the Citadel. To say he was thrilled would be the understatement of the century as he bowed in unison with the others, echoing the acknowledgement, “Yes, yo’ Majesty Overlord”.

When Tigermark approached the group, asking Keir how things went, he wanted to burst saying, “Ah almost peed mah pants”, but he kept quiet. Keir would say what went down much more eloquently than he ever could.

(Sorry for the absence guys! <3)
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 9 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by Astralin Wed May 28, 2014 3:44 pm

Jack approached the camp to see quite the crowd gathering near the military tent. He saw General Steele making his way towards the Base ops tent so he picked up the pace, seeing the rabbit and the winged wolf had already returned. He arrived to his spot looking pretty worn, covered from front to back in dried mud, leaves, and some tiny sticks that refused to let go of his uniform. Raising his left hand onto his forehead I'll wait till the general arrives to ask to go to the medical tent.

(This works better with the timing of things, so i changed my previous post to fit. Wouldn't make much sense if Jack beat Night back to the camp.)
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Wed May 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Keir nodded and smiled over at Sunny just before she turned. He knew she was in good hands and that Steele would be happy about having her around. He also caught the little thumbs up that Razor shot him from his side.

"Recruit Mahlonne reporting, Sir!" Keir said as he stepped forward. "It went exceptionally Commander. Her Majesty The Overlord had us all on edge, but she was pretty straightforward and direct. As General Steel approached us, he had us give him fifty push-ups, which we comleted just before The Overlord arrived from behind us," Keir said smiling to the officer in front of him.

"As for getting through the PT, that was as far as we got before The Overlord began speaking with General Steele and then stepped away. That was right about the time you arrived Sir," Keir finished explaining to the Commander before ducking slightly and returning to the line of recruits. He hoped that everyone here would get to The Citadel. Although he knew that Tamara was the newest recruit, Keir was worried that she wouldn't get to come along due to being "too new" to The Overlord's Forces.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Wed May 28, 2014 5:43 pm

"Whitetail. Good! I'll look forward to work with you! I like to see how others' minds work."
Garran smiled to her.
"What are you-" he was going to ask her something more, but Archeus' announcement caught him mid-question.

The Overlord?
Wait. Really Her Majesty the Overlord?
No, wait, being excited is stupid. He was going to know her anyway, it was something obvious since he decided to come here.
...so why he felt so anxious?
He examined himself briefly. Luckily, after the adventure the day before he had cleaned himself carefully and took a new uniform, so he was supposedly good enough to be seen by the Overlord.
Well. It was a bit much. He passed a hand through his mane and made it a bit messy. Order and disorder, a bit of balance. He was not perfect, so feigning perfection was not a good calling card.

"Excuse me" Garran said to Jess.
He went to Archeus.
"Good morning, Arch. Slept well? Sorry for being late. I went to see the two foxes, they seem to feel good. The purple one must be made of iron, he's already up!" He smiled. "So, since the Overlord is going to visit us, is there something I can do?"
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 28, 2014 6:59 pm

Darius returned to the base opps section and gave a reassuring smile to Sunday speaking slow so only she could hear. "She was a bit early I expected her later today..." He chuckled a little and straightened himself as much as his cane would allow. "You're doing just fine, Sunday." He turned to the base opps crew and awaited their return.

"Line up face front! I want your bags of supplies open and displayed in front of you." He eyed shard. "As for you I await the Doctor's report." He turned t Sunday. "I beleive her majesty mentioned visiting Doctor Naochi, Which is close to Research and development's tent, ask her if she picked up the report for me. She's probably with R&D's recruits."

Meanwhile Fox had arrived at the Research and development Tent and entered the flap, her ears swiveled to the front as she watched the newbies with curiosity before speaking.

"Good uh...." She quickly glanced at the watch on her wrist and smiled again. "Late morning, everyone! First let me extend my deepest of apologies for providing you with the least amount of direction as of late. Lady Wolfbane and Doctor Silver are both a bit pre-occupied. Be that as it may it seems you already have some organization, which is a relief. I like to see my favorite and arguably most clever department working well despite lapses in leadership. Critical thinking and all that." She moved further into the tent. "So lets get started, first whose the team leader and secondly what project do you have to present?"

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Wed May 28, 2014 8:05 pm

As Archeus was talking with Socks, she glanced at the entrance to see the Overlord walking in. With a cautious low key cough "Hhhmm" she raised her arms ever so slightly to marshall the group in a line. It was with purpose and respect that the members came to stand at attention.
Archeus gave a bow. "Your Majesty. What an honor. I'm Archeus. I was heading this particular project up. Archeus stood to the side so the Overlord could approach the model. This is our proposal for a Dynamic mapping system that can display it's graphics in real time holographic manner. Our present conception is written around the ability to input geographical data along with personnel statistics. We have considered the ability to configure it to any data that is quantifiable. So it could very easily be made for use in weather monitoring lets say by running different programs. It's ability to be modified for more than one purpose is it's key to being useful to many fields other than just a military aspect. It currently occupies this 3 meter by 2 meter display which is a bit bulkier than we would like. If we are able to progress with it's development it is our hope to get it shrunk to a point where it becomes very portable. And would allow it's assembly in a expedient manner. Our members have all contributed enormously to its conception and I want everyone to have an opportunity to answer any questions you might have. Thank you Madam Overlord, It's been a pleasure working with this team, and we are honored to have had the chance to present you with this."
Archeus stepped back in line and gave another polite bow.
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledoux Wed May 28, 2014 8:26 pm

Ledoux having secured Zenny made a bee line back to the Opps tent. The members were assembling before the the base commander.
She quietly made her way to the line.
Ledoux
Ledoux

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Technocupcake Wed May 28, 2014 8:33 pm

Zev plucked another few fruit from a tree and stuffed them in his bag. He looked into the bag, filled with an assortment of fruits, and a some nuts. Then, he suddenly realized that he should probably be back by now. He sat upright and tried to move quickly down the tree, and fell off, slamming into the ground. Ow... he thought to himself as he got up and began sprinting back in the direction of the camp. Luckily the fall wasnt too high, or else he probably would've been injured pretty badly.

Later, he reached the edge of the jungle and stopped running, breathing rather heavily. He walked across the 'jungle line' and approached the Base ops tent. He saw general Steele and heard his order. Zev arrived at his spot, still panting a bit, and put down his bag. Then he opened it and displayed the contents.

(Sorry for not posting a lot, recently.)
Technocupcake
Technocupcake

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Wed May 28, 2014 8:50 pm

Socks looked over at the new person to enter the tent. She was almost stunned, but still managed to stand tall and give a polite bow. She recognized the Overlord from pictures during her study at the university. Socks was smiling, but restrained herself from grinning as Archeus presented the project to the Overlord. She wasn't sure what she'd say if asked any questions, though. She decided to go over everything in her mind one last time just in case.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenny Wed May 28, 2014 8:58 pm

Zenny looked up from practicing his bowing to notice his sister making her way out of the tent entrance, letting out a surprised yip. “Wait for me sis I’m coming to!” he said as he hobbled his way as quickly as he could manage behind her. Making his way across the grounds, he noticed a frantic bustle of activity taking place.

Arriving at the Base Ops tent, he hurried inside and fell into line along with the others already assembling, trying to stand up straight and not look to out of place. Despite his shyness, he was a resilient kit and determined to make a good impression despite his age or current condition.
Zenny
Zenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwolf1513 Wed May 28, 2014 9:24 pm

((Sorry about the last message didn't know that I messed up big time. I need to be more careful about the post I put up for now on))

Night Stands straight with her bag next to her, as Commander Steele walks up to her ear went back knowing that she must have messed up again without knowing again. She takes a deep breath and walks outside with the Commander "Yes..Sir...I am sorry Sir." She carries her bag and looks at the Commander "I have already reported my goods to Base Ops already"

She stood in line with the other recruits without saying a word with her bag in front of her and the things she has gathered during Commander Steele mission. She had her arms crossed behind her and she stood there in place with a blank expression looking ahead
Nightwolf1513
Nightwolf1513

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Wed May 28, 2014 11:47 pm

Jess quickly looked up from her notebook before she moved into the line of recruits listening to Archeus explain what the project was. Her attention turning back to the Overlord as she stood at attention, a little nervous of being questioned since she wasn't around for the development of this project.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Thu May 29, 2014 1:20 am

Lex, as she was already standing in position, stood up and straightened when Darius entered the tent.  She had her bag already set before her as she waited for instructions from the Commander.  She quickly flipped open the sacks flap to display the selection of berries, guava, and saltwater clams she had gathered in the process of her foraging.  With that she stood to attention as best she knew, arms straight, standing tall, feet shoulder width, but still would need to use her tail for balance on occasion.  But beyond that, she left herself open to the commander’s inspection, instruction, and commentary.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Thu May 29, 2014 4:09 am

Tigermark gave a nod at Keir.

"very good, Keir, and the rest of you, excellent! Glad to see you were listening. Okay, we need to make tracks. Same path and routine as yesterday. yes, I know you already did fifty pushups, but hey a few extra won't hurt. To double up, after we do each exercise, I'll make a couple of statements on uniform wear. We'll kill two birds with one stone. Form up the same as yesterday, except recruit Tamara will take recruit Nielson's place. Fall out to the start of the running trail and let's get going. Recruits, FALL OUT!"

When the group looked at him hesitantly, the tiger gave a short laugh and explained.

"Fall Out is a military command for when you're lined up and whoever's in charge wants you to leave formation and go somewhere as a group, but not marching in formation. It's also used when you're ending the day and being released if you're in formation. Or to go to lunch, or whatever. Okay, ready? Recruits, FALL OUT!"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Thu May 29, 2014 4:18 am

"Gotcha Commander " Angus grinned and marched out with the others to make a few more laps
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Thu May 29, 2014 12:27 pm

"Aye Commander," Keir said he and the others moved over towards where they began the trail yesterday. He was happy that they would be getting to do this, reinforcing the ideals of teamwork, strength, and coherence. As they approached the starting point, Keir turned to Tamara to speak with her.

"Ok Miss Tamara. When we did this yesterday, I was in the back of the group behind Mister Angus. Razor was to the left of him, and Nielson was behind him. Since he won't be here with us anymore, you'll be taking his spot behind Razor and next to me," Keir explained to her. He hoped that his words made a little sense; he knew how easy it was to confuse someone.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Thu May 29, 2014 12:33 pm

" Mister Angus " Angus grins " That´s a new one Keir" he friendly bats Keir against his shoulder with his fist he then looks at Tamara " you can call me Angus OK "
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Thu May 29, 2014 3:52 pm

Jack slid the bag over his head and onto the ground opening it with one hand,showing the selection of berries, nuts, spices, and fruits. "Sir, may I take my other... 'recovery' to the medical tent?"
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Thu May 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Tamara listened to Tigermark once Darius was gone. It seemed that she did missed some quite important and interesting lessons because of her late arrival.

"Shock lance? I've handled lances before, not too often though, but never shock lances..." she commented, thinking of the General's cane, her fur bristling a bit before settling down.

The tigress listened as Tigermark explained the next PT they'd get, her expression as confused than the rest of them with the 'Fall Out' command, then walking towards the tracks as ordered after getting the explanation. She looked at Keir, listening intently as he explained ehr the formation they took the day before, and fell in place right next to Keir and behind Razor.

"Ok, and we keep the same formation through the whole run around the tracks?" she asked, just to be sure.

Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Thu May 29, 2014 5:27 pm

"That is correct," Keir said to Tamara as he smiled at her. He patted the boys in front of him on the back smiling. "Let's show the lady how much fun this is, shall we?" Asked of Razor and Angus before looking over at Commander Tigermark awaiting the orders to begin the laps.

"And yes. Shock lances. They are... Quite interesting tools. Though I will say, steel yourself from touching the pointy end," Keir chuckled hearing Tamara's comment about The Overlord's preferred method of keeping order.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Thu May 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Razor was SO thankful the Commander had explained the whole "Fall Out" thing, because he'd been clueless.

"Sir, yes Sir!"

He was eager to get going, but kept close by the others in case anything of importance was mentioned. He passively listened in on the conversation Keir was having with the tigress, unable to keep the little smirk off his face, "Try not ta git too distracted by the view there, miss" He said, "Mah back end is mah best feature, If ah do say so mahself". The shark puffed himself up a little bit, purposely making himself look like a preening peacock before he dropped the act when they reached the beginning of the trail, "Ah'm totally kidding, Tamara, but really, follow what Keir's says, watch the recruits 'round ya, and keep an ear out fo' the Commander and you golden. As fo' the whole lance thing, ah caught to it pretty quick, and ya' seem a heck of alot smarter than me. So you goin' be fiiiiiine. Well, more fine than you already are, but this ain't the time o' place fo' that kind o' talk."

Turning to give Keir a look, he laughed, "Sho' nuff man! Ain't nuthin' mo' fun than runnin' in hot muggy island weather with friends, yeah?"
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Thu May 29, 2014 5:58 pm

Garran snapped to attention when he understood who was looking at them. The Overlord was right in front of them.
And boy, she was stunningly cute!
He felt the telltale knot in the throat, like he was in front of a teacher again. Damn, even if he was bigger than her, he felt so little... behind that smile that woman irradiated authority and power.

Garran straightened more, proud to hear the praise of the Overlord. And to hear that he was in her favorite department as well. Better than that couldn't be!
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Fri May 30, 2014 5:16 am

Seeing that the four were ready, Tigermark began.

"Okay Recruits, all lined up and ready? Then let's go. Atten-SHUN! Foh-AHD MARCH! Left, left, left right left. Double time, March!"

They began their run, just like day two. In no time they hit the first quarter point clearing and halted, dropping to do the required 50 push-ups. At the end, the tiger got them back on their feet.

"Well done, Recruits, Atten-Shun! Here is the first rule for Uniform wear. Repeat it after me."

"My uniform is a symbol of my service to the Overlord. I will keep it clean, neat and serviceable, that is in good repair, and wear it with pride!"

Another command to move out and then run, and the second clearing loomed. Again, at the end of the sit-ups, this time not interrupted by startled wildlife, Tigermark called them to attention and delivered the second rule.

"I will wear my uniform at all times when scheduled for duty. If in the course of my duties my uniform becomes soiled or unserviceable, I will change into a proper uniform at first chance."

from there on it went, at each stop the exercises were completed and another rule delivered.

"When in uniform, I represent the Overlord and my fellow minions. I will conduct myself in a proper manner and attitude. I will address all superior officers by rank and name or sir or ma'am."

"When outside the Citadel and in uniform, I will remember that I represent the Overlord and my fellow minions, and conduct myself accordingly."

"My uniform is made of high quality material. It is wrinkle and stain resistant, but not indestructible. It is not armor, and so I will be diligent in its care."

"The buttons are to be polished to a high gloss on a regular basis. Gold sections and trim will be maintained in a clean and bright condition."

"Should my uniform, it's button or trim fade or become damaged, I will go to the quartermaster and exchange it for a new one at the first chance."

"My uniform is made from the highest grade of spider silk. It represents my service to the Overlord, but also her commitment to me as her minion to provide me with the best uniform and tailoring possible. I will wear it with honor and pride."

With that they had finished their two laps and exercises, ending PT.

"Well done, Recruits! At ease, walk around a few to cool off, and are there any questions about the uniform?"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Fri May 30, 2014 8:04 am

At Tigermark's command, Keir snapped to attention and then began to move forward with the rest of the group remaining in step, though still just as close to Angus' heels as the day before.

Once they reached the first clearing, Keir dropped to the ground hard on his wrists, jarring himself from the force of the impact. He gritted his teeth and bit through the pain as if it was nothing. Once the push-ups were completed, Keir rose to his feet paws, his homemade boots crunching on the sticks littered about. He repeated the line exactly as Tigermark had said it, albeit with not as much sound in his voice since all four of them were saying it.

"My uniform is a symbol of my service to the Overlord. I will keep it clean, neat and serviceable, that is in good repair, and wear it with pride!"

After the they reached the second clearing, Keir tried hard not to smile or grin as he remembered the incident from yesterday. "Tamara might like to hear that story over lunch in the mess hall after this," he thought to himself. Once the sit-ups were finished and they were on their feet again, Keir once again repeated the words that Tigermark called out.

After they had been all the way around the trail twice and said all the lines correctly, Keir was thinking back to what the Commander had said the Uniform was made from. "Spider silk? Hmmm... That is certainly different. Her Majesty Overlord must have an army millions strong of spiders in order to get enough of the silk needed for all of us..." Keir half mumbled, half thought out loud. However, he did have a few questions to speak with Commander Tigermark about.

"Commander; I know that we have the two uniforms we received here at bootcamp, but are there any particular "Parade" or "Event" uniforms that we will need? And also, should we hypothetically get into a conflict with something or someone, should we attempt to camouflage ourselves, even if it risks 'ruining' the uniform?" Keir asked curiously cocking his head to the side and letting one ear go kind of wayside.

(Sorry for the big post. Had a lot of info and inspiration and whatnot to put in!)
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Fri May 30, 2014 11:54 am

'Recruit Bond,' he let the title roll around in his head for awhile now and it did have a certain ring to it. It was the first time any time which he had a title or for the matter something respectful about him. He so wanted to prove himself worthy, especially in the eyes of Captain Tigermark. 'Enough of this waiting around I want to at least participate in some sort of organized fashion.'

A half an hour had passed by since the white tiger and two foxes had departed the medical tent and it was high time he tested out his dizziness meter. He rose from the cot and stood up with no ill effects though he did reach out for anything which might hold him up just in case on instinct. 'Not bad,' he remarked to himself. He stretched his legs and they felt really tight, no doubt he would have to make sure the tendons and muscles were loose before doing anything half way strenuous. He did a couple of jumping jacks and felt a tinge of the light-headedness come, 'No need to over do things just yet. At least he felt no queasiness from earlier and those dang seeds.'

He approached the one of the nurses and asked if he could be cleared to leave as it, if he remembered correctly, he did admit himself to the tent. The wombat, critical of anyone leaving without a cursory look over sat the cheetah down in a chair and quickly did a run down of the symptoms he had been having along with a balance test. She found no ill effects and smiled. "I see why not, I'll just inform Dr. Sylvian you were cleared by me and the doctor will contact you if he sees anything in your blood work which might cause a relapse."

"Thank you," the feline said, grateful he could at least leave the medical tent. "I hope I don't see you for a long time unless it's delivering supplies here."

She smiled and waved. "I hope so to."

Charon left the tent and looked around taking a deep breathe of the island's air. The smell of the forest tinged with the slight salty air made him feel giddy. 'Now, where to begin?" he asked himself.

As he continued to walk and gain more and more confidence he wasn't going to relapse he came upon an opening in the camp where he saw dozens of recruits performing exercises. He immediately recognized Captain Tigermark and it was as good place to start noting he couldn't find Commander Steele. "Excuse me Captain," the cheetah came up to the tiger. "The nurse had just cleared me and I feel I am up to some rigorous activity albeit I might be still slow on the uptake of what is going on and endurance."
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next