Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day Three: Training continues.

+22
DeanFox
Zenny
Ledoux
Archeus
Coyotecanuck
Solitair
Rotors91
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Tamara
Nightwolf1513
Technocupcake
Akkarri
Sylvian
tobi3B
TheSphinx
Tygon
Astralin
Tigermark
Whitetail
Merrihop
Darius Steele
26 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 4 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by Whitetail Fri May 16, 2014 6:49 pm

Jess resumed looking over the projects in the tent she could find, patiently waiting to find out what she'll be doing for the day.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 4 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by KeirStryker95 Fri May 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Keir motioned to the Commander and the boys around him that we was giving the two tigers a moment or two to get some info swapped. Looking over at Razor and Angus, he spoke softly to them.

"Hey guys, let's give them a moment for Tigermark to explain a few things to Miss Tamara," Keir softly said out of the corner of his mouth while stepping back from the two. He could feel in his bones that today was going to be a great day, and that weren't going to be a whole lot, if any big surprises today.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwolf1513 Fri May 16, 2014 8:35 pm

As Commander Tigermark was so focused on Tarama, Night's eyes began to wonder to the others around her and was still hearing the Commander. She wonders and then saw a Arctic fox sitting not to far from where Nightwolf was, she was able to slip by unnoticed to walk up to the fox. She looks at him "By any chance do you know how to fight hand to hand combat? I am hoping to spar a little if possible"
Nightwolf1513
Nightwolf1513

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Fri May 16, 2014 9:41 pm

Shard Looked up at the voice and saw he was looking at a dark furred wolf with wings. "I do indeed he sais standing to be eye to eye with her. "My name's Shard. Shard Loren. And you are?" he siad as he indicated with his hand that it was her turn to introduce herself.
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Steele Fri May 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Darius nodded. "Miss sunday, Go fetch Commander Tigermark to come here and assess their skill set here, maybe get them in uniform if they're willing to start today. I'll go tend to his recruits while he's here." Darius smiled at Sunny. "After that, I'd like you to find some quadropedal uniforms from the tent for these two. I'm going to check on the state of Base operations and then make my way to the military tent." He inclined his head and exited the medical tent, giving another appreciative nod to Sylvian before he left.

Outside Darius couldn't help but smile a little at the warm air and made his way to base operations to see if the officer had arrived yet. He stopped short when he saw Night away from her post and sighed. "Miss Night, is there a reason you're not in the military Tent with the rest of military? Wandering from your post on your very first day is not the best first impression to make is it? I suggest you go back to where you're supposed to be and I might forget this little break in protocol if there are no future incidents of disobedience." His eyes shifted to shard and the rest of the recruits at base operations. "Eyes front! stand at attention! If your officer came through right now do you think she'd want to see a cluster of rabble or finely disciplined recruits. Backs straight!"

He smirked and activated the shock tip of his cane. "Unless you want good posture electrified into you."
Darius Steele
Darius Steele

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Fri May 16, 2014 10:18 pm

Jack's eyes fell on General Steele as he approached, "Hey guys I think we should get back to-" he stopped as Darius began speaking, he turned back around and set himself in the stance he had before legs as straight as their shape would allow, arm snapping up, fingers straight, creating a bill over his right eye. Trying his best to present himself as the general had ordered.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Fri May 16, 2014 10:52 pm

Sunny raised her head and fixed her gray eyes on the Commander as he gave her orders. She made a mental note of the approximate size of the little foxes as he instructed her to find them uniforms, and then nodded energetically, "Of course, Commander. I'll get right on it, sir."

She smiled over at the little Foxes and perked her ears toward them, "Commander Tigermark is very nice, I'm sure you'll like him."

She waved politely at everyone in the tent and followed Commander Steele out of the tent. As he made his way to Base Ops, the marten scurried over to the military tent and peered inside, "Excuse me, Commander Tigermark? Commander Steele asked me to come get you. The foxes we found last night are in the medical tent and improving. They seem to want to stay. Commander Steele would like you to assess them. He'll come to take care of the military recruits while you're busy. He's just checking on the Base Ops recruits right now."

She gave Commander Tigermark a smile, then glanced over at the military recruits and gave her friends a rather sheepish smile and a little wave. She was sure they'd all be able to chat with each other later.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Fri May 16, 2014 11:17 pm

It didn't take long for Lex to snap back to attention, as she was warily cautious with how things have seemed to change at the drop of the preverbal hat.  But in this case it was General Steel that arrived and was checking in on them and from the sounds of it it would be another officer who would be in charge of their group soon enough.

Her stance would change a bit, bringing in the one paw that moved out for an more at-ease stance, straightening herself a bit, and letting her tail help with her balance a bit more, twitching a little bit as her body shifted.  It was going to be a rather busy day it seemed already.  But it was a matter of time until they would find themselves as a full group and ready to continue with their assignments for the day.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Sat May 17, 2014 12:30 am

Shard snapped to attention as soon as Steel gave the Order. standing as tall and straight backed as he possibly could. In order to make sure he didn't end up the recipient of mild shock treatment from the Generals cane. He didn't even know the cane was equipped with a feature like that. But it did make sense that the General should be able to defend himself.
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sat May 17, 2014 4:48 am

Tigermark gave a single quick nod.

"Proper etiquette, or proper military custom, is to address a superior by rank and last name, at least in greeting. then Sir or Ma'am is fine. We don't go in for a lot of saluting, but it is proper, except in combat, to salute when reporting. The salute is a straightforward right hand up to above the right brow, and then back down, with the hand at a forty-five degree angle to the ground, like this.."

Tigermark demonstrated the salute for the tigress.

"As to reporting, you'd say, 'Sir, Recruit, or whatever your rank, So and so reporting as ordered' while raising the salute. You don't lower the salute until the officer has returned it or at least acknowledged it."

"As to The Overlord herself, she is referred to as Her Majesty or Her Majesty the Overlord Fox, or just Overlord Fox. IF we pass in review, as in a parade, the whole unit will salute as one. If you report to or meet Her Majesty in person, you bow from the waist unless it's a private meeting in her office. Then, just do whatever she tells you, whether it be have a seat or stand on your head."

Just then Sunny ran up and told him General Steele wanted him to go assess the two foxes they'd rescued the day before. The tiger gave the little marten a smile.

"Already at it, eh? Very good Lieutenant Sunday, I'll head right over, thank you. Oh, and congratulations on your new position, I'm sure you'll do great at it."

Now he turned back to Tamara.

"Recruit Tamara, anything else will have to wait."

He then turned and got the rest of the recruits' attention.

"Alright front and center Recruits. I have to go over to medical for a bit to evaluate our rescued friends from yesterday. Recruit Mahlonne, take charge and get everyone lined up here ready to go. PT when I return unless General Steele has something else for you. I see he's over at Ops right now, so he'll come this way shortly. When he does, call everyone to attention and you report to him for the group. Be back in a bit."

Tigermark then grabbed his Tablet and headed for the Medical tent at a brisk walk.

Last edited by Tigermark on Sat May 17, 2014 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Sat May 17, 2014 4:54 am

Angus waved at the little marten " Hope to see you later Sunny Ehhh... Lieutenant.." he corrected himself
he then looks back to the Commander and the Tamara and nods. " OK Commander " he salutes how he was shown yesterday.
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat May 17, 2014 5:03 am

Sunny blushed with a shy pride at being addressed by her new rank, the congratulations were much appreciated, but she was still floored at the whole development, "Thank you Sir, I'll do my best. Commander Steele asked me to get uniforms for the foxes, so I'll be back in the medical tent soon."

She glanced over at the sound of Angus' voice and smiled, giving a tiny finger wave. When she glanced back, she noticed Commander Tigermark had already gone, so she gave the others a nod and scurried off to the uniform tent.

It was only a matter of moments for her to find quadruped uniforms, thanks to the helpful gecko lady in charge. Sunny hoped they were close to the right size, and gathered up two of them. Once that was managed, she made her way back to the medical tent on the heels of Commander Tigermark.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwolf1513 Sat May 17, 2014 8:50 am

She looks at Sard and gave him a warm smile "Hello, I am Night Wolf. Just call me Night for short" She was about to shake Shard's hand before she heard Commander Steele right behind her, there was a slight chill up her neck. She stands just like the Commander had mention. " I am sorry Commander Steele, I am still new here and I was hoping to spar with someone on base"
She gulps and was a little surprised that the Commander's cane was a shock poll as well, she never heard of such a think before. She didn't want to say another word to anger the Commander
Nightwolf1513
Nightwolf1513

Back to top Go down

Post by Technocupcake Sat May 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Zev stood to attention, as straight as he could with a slight smirk. His cane has a shock tip.. Interesting.. he thought to himself. Wonder how much power it has.. Don't want to find out the hard way though.
Technocupcake
Technocupcake

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Steele Sat May 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Darius clenched his teeth. "Miss Night, what you want to do and what you are supposed to do are two separate things entirely. Arguing your reasoning won't endear me to you. You do not wander away from your post. you do not go to other posts. You report to where you are supposed to go and you stay there until dismissed. Four demerits, miss night. Get ten, and i'll see you shipped back home." He pulled out his tablet and checked his notes. " hmm... it would appear you weren't even assigned to military, you were assigned here.... Why did you report to military first?"

He smiled as the rest of the troops in base operations quickly stood to attention. "Recruits you are the heart of her Majesty's forces, you keep things running smoothly. Food, supplies, and all manner of maitenence, that is your job. From cooks, to gatherers, janitors, shipping and receiving, fixing things and Assisting with R&D to digging out new tunnels in the lair. You are to be joining a well oiled machine." He stepped through the troops, eying each one of them. "And Im here to make sure none of you become the wrench that stops the whole process from moving, to make sure all of you know your place, so that when the time comes to join the lair's forces that well oiled machine hardly skips a beat as you mesh seamlessly in with the rest of them."

He turned back to Night and Shard. "If sparring is what you wish of your training, you both are in the wrong section." He moved back toward the two, shifting his eyes to Night and pointing at a space in the line that was intentionally several people away from Shard. "Get in line, stand at attention and do not move untill I tell you to. Thats an order."
Darius Steele
Darius Steele

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sat May 17, 2014 3:44 pm

As Tigermark was about to enter the Medical tent, something that had been nagging at him for a few minutes now came sharply to the fore. Where was Recruit Nielson and why was he lagging so in checking in this morning? He paused a moment and sent out an all call to the officers and the mess and uniform tents, inquiring if anyone had seen the bat. He'd see soon enough if for some reason the recruit was in Medical. That done, he stepped on inside. The staff was bustling about, tending to the few minions in with minor injuries. The two quadruped foxes that had been rescued the day before were next to each other on cots, with Dr. Sylvian sitting close by. The white fox seemed to be alert and inquisitive. The smaller purple one was also alert and looking around, but to the tiger, he looked a bit worn and weary. Still some recuperating to do. He put on a smile and walked over to them.

"Good morning, Dr. Sylvian, I see our new friends are looking much better. Do you feel it's safe for me to talk with them a bit?"

He greeted the two foxes in turn, to introduce himself while he waited for the doctor to answer.

"Good morning, Miss and young sir, I'm Commander Tigermark, of Her Majesty the Overlord Fox's service. I hope you are both feeling much better this morning."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat May 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Sunny followed quietly behind Commander Tigermark as he entered the medical tent. Once she was sure he found the foxes, she smiled and set the uniforms down at the foot of one of the cots, "Commander Steele asked me to bring these over for you. I'm afraid I can't stay, but I'm sure I'll see you around!"

She glanced up at Commander Tigermark and nodded respectfully, giving him a smile, "Pardon me, Sir. I think Commander Steele is expecting me back."

With that, the marten politely withdrew from the medical tent and trotted across the camp to the Base Ops tent. She pushed the flap aside and peered in quietly, before her eyes widened at the lecture they seemed to be receiving from Commander Steele. She tried to make her way into the tent without drawing too much attention, standing off to the side where the Commander would see her, so he could give her further instructions if he wanted.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Sat May 17, 2014 4:26 pm

Tamara nodded at Tigermark as Sunny came with the General's orders. "Thank you for this answer. I'll be looking forward to our next "Q&A" session, commander," she said with a bit of amusement in her voice.

The tigress nodded to Sunny, then one of her ears flicked and pointed toward the Base Ops tent, the other one quickly swivelling to point in the same direction, soon followed by her head and finally her whole body. The show that was going on was quite interesting, and also very informative.

Even though she had quite a sharp hearing, a useful skill for a scout and huntress, the voice of General Steel was easily recognizable through it's commanding tone and sharp inflexions. The shock end of the cane came as quite a surprise, and she mentally noted down that the General most probably had more tricks up his sleeves.

"Guys," she said to the others near the Military tent, her voice low so that only they would hear her, "I think we don't want to end up on his bad side, else we'd risk ending up on the wrong side of that cane... Line up, front and center, ready to salute when he arrives and Malhonne calls for attention, OK," she said, while assuming position as explained moments before by Tigermark.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Sat May 17, 2014 8:10 pm

Lex tried to remain as Stalwart as she could manage through all the disciplinary discussions that were going on around her, trying to remain unmoving and unreactive. Granted there seemed to be various options being laid out in front of them, how they would fit into the Overlord's organization, what they may do from day to day. Even then, Lex wasn't sure what all she might be useful for other than most labor, instructed assistance, and gathering sort of work. but she was sure she'd eventually find a fitting position, but for now, it was time to look unmoving, sure, and ready.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Sat May 17, 2014 8:13 pm

"Yes Commander, Sir!" Keir called out as he looked up from talking with the boys around him. He saluted the tiger as he stepped away to complete his orders. He smiled to the other recruits and smiled and waved at Sunny just before the little marten hurried off behind the Commander.

"Alright Recruits. You heard the Commander. Let's go ahead and get into a clean and respectable line so that when General Steele gets here, he won't have to see a repeat of the instance with the Base Ops," Keir said the group. He moved over to just to the left of the tent flap, motioning for the others to follow his lead. "As per the Commander's order, wait until my command to hit attention."

Leaning down to speak with the Tamara, he whispered softly. "Apologies on 'cutting you down' Miss Tamara. Sometimes the boys over there get a little distracted," Keir chuckled softly before straightening back out again and awaiting Steele's visit.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Sat May 17, 2014 8:18 pm

Jack's ears moved to follow the general's movements and voice, he's much more demanding then he was the other day i suppose even humans have a bit of feral in them when it comes to giving orders. His mind started to wonder on all of the things that were being proposed as the tasks that they were responsible for, he swallowed as the general continued to lecture them.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwolf1513 Sat May 17, 2014 11:38 pm

She stands there and listens to what Commander Steele had to say, she knew that he was right "I am sorry for my disobedience Commander, I will make sure that it will happen again" She was still new to taking and following orders, but it seems that she will have to work at it "I was assigned a post just yet, when I came here it had seem that you where busy and I wasn't able to see you yet. At one point it was late and I was sent to the barracks without knowing where to go after words, as for me coming here I thought this is where all the new recruits report here." As the Commander walks through a line of soldiers standing in place, she quickly heads to the spot that the Commander has pointed to "Yes Sir"
Nightwolf1513
Nightwolf1513

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Naochi Sun May 18, 2014 12:23 am

“You know, when a superior officer says 'arguing your point won't endear me to you' it usually means that a person needs to say 'Yes sir' and 'I screwed up sir' and as little else as possible.  But what the hell do I know, I just stick my hands inside dead things for a living.”  

The voice came from a lanky rat with a duffel bag slung over her shoulder.  She's in the Overlord's uniform but not the generic one handed out by the recruits.  “Medical officer Naochi reporting in, Commander Steele."  She pauses to flick a lock of her tangled black hair out of her eyes.  "Sorry for my delay in arrival.  Point me at the Thurvine and I'll start cutting it up.  Speaking of which, have they finished serving breakfast yet?”  She grins wickedly.
Dr. Naochi
Dr. Naochi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Steele Sun May 18, 2014 2:00 am

Darius chuckled. Night may have been saved his shock cane treatment with the arrival of Chiria. He turned his attention to Chiria and stood up as straight as he could for her and gave a respectful salute. "Major Naochi, A pleasure to have you here. I hope your travel was better than it might've been yesterday. The Thurvine is in the tent behind medical, awaiting your expertise. As for breakfast I fear the cooks have already prepared thier menu, but I'm sure if you get with them before we switch over to lunch... well." He smirked and then eyed shard. "Go get changed into clothes for cleaning and report to tent 3." He turned to the recruits. "The rest of you, you have an hour go out into the jungle and gather as much food as you can hold in a bag and come back." He whispered in Sunday's ear and smiled. "You and I will check on the military tent untill 'Mark gets back"
Darius Steele
Darius Steele

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sun May 18, 2014 2:08 am

Sunny's gaze had turned immediately to the voice that so efficiently cut off any further response from the recruits. Her eyebrows raised curiously as she watched Dr. Naochi and the officer speak. Was she the one Commander Steele had been expecting the day before? It was a good thing she came today, instead. That storm had been sudden and nasty.

Once the Commander had handed out orders and addressed her, Sunny looked up and smiled, giving a sharp and obedient nod, "Yes sir. Everything seemed alright when I left them, they should be expecting you any time now."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next