Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day Three: Training continues.

+22
DeanFox
Zenny
Ledoux
Archeus
Coyotecanuck
Solitair
Rotors91
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Tamara
Nightwolf1513
Technocupcake
Akkarri
Sylvian
tobi3B
TheSphinx
Tygon
Astralin
Tigermark
Whitetail
Merrihop
Darius Steele
26 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by Merrihop Wed May 14, 2014 5:18 am

Sunny squeaked and jumped a bit at the unexpected sound from her satchel. She reached into it and pulled out the tablet that Commander Steele had issued her the night before, ears perking attentively at the device, "Oh! I almost forgot I had this!"

She eyed the device briefly, then gingerly tapped the new message icon. It was the first time she'd really used a device like it, so she was almost afraid she'd break it. When the message popped up easily, she smiled and read it, realizing she'd already missed the Commander at his tent.

The marten tucked the tablet gently back into her bag and nodded politely to the other recruits, "Commander Steele is in the medical tent if you need him."

With that, she scurried across the camp and came to the medical tent. Peering in quietly, she perked her ears, "Commander? I got your message. I guess I was looking in the wrong place."

She turned to glance at the two little foxes they had found the night before. Giving them a warm smile she tilted her head, "I hope you guys are feeling better today. How are you doing?"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by Tigermark Wed May 14, 2014 5:31 am

Tigermark nodded in the tigress' direction.

"And you, Recruit. Heh, I suppose this is our first time actually meeting, as we barely spoke when you checked in day before yesterday. Is Tamara your first name, last name, or only name? Oh, and don't fret too much about PT. I saw the look on your face when I mentioned it. It's more of a way of getting everyone in the habit of working as a unit, or team. It isn't too strenuous, but it does get everyone moving as one, and clears out any leftover cobwebs from the morning. It'll consist of running four laps of the perimeter trail around the camp, stopping at each of four places each time and doing pushups, situps, jumping jacks, and leg lifts. We'll stick with fifty reps as you are new with us. As I told them yesterday, this is more to assess where you are and get you moving as part of the unit."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Wed May 14, 2014 9:59 am

Garran turned when he heard the brothers approaching.
"Sssh" he said with a soft tone, "keep your voice down." and indicated the two foxes. "They are recovering. Did you want to talk?"

He then noticed Zenny, who was actually awake. Judging from his eyes, he was starving.
"He can't eat right now, can he?" he asked Sylvian.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Wed May 14, 2014 10:04 am

In short time Commander Steele arrived too. Garran raised from his seat as a form of respect. He didn't know if or how to salute him. With an eye he glimpsed a movement, and found that even Ledoux was awake.
When Sunny entered the tent too, Garran smiled.
The place was getting crowded.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Wed May 14, 2014 10:46 am

Socks introduced the new member, "This is Jess, a new member of our group. I don't think they've determined exactly where in R&D she's going yet."

She glanced around at the different parts of the project. There really wasn't much to critique, mostly aesthetic decisions that didn't affect functionality. She still wasn't sure if they had two different devices, that used completely different principals to achieve similar effects, but she figured that wasn't necessarily a bad thing since if one proved infeasible they could still pursue the other.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Wed May 14, 2014 2:40 pm

Jess turned having heard her name mentioned only to find who she assumed was one of the R&D heads standing there. "Morning, As socks said I'm Jess though I'll also go by Wihitetail." She shook the extended hand, "And it is my first official day of training. Gonna be interesting to see how I fit in here."
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Wed May 14, 2014 5:45 pm

"Nice to meet you Malhonne," she replied with a smile and a handhsake. Her round ears perked as he mentioned the Citadel, but Tigermark spoke before she could ask.

"Tamara is my only name, Commander," she explained. "On my village, females get a last name when they marry and take their husband's last name. I guessed that PT was for some sort of evaluation, but it is still not my favourite part of the day," she added, chuckling some.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Thu May 15, 2014 12:20 am

Angus mutters "PT is for everybody the best in the world but hey it is a good wake up drill. Names Angus, Angus O'Brown. Nice to meet you"
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Thu May 15, 2014 3:10 pm

The smallest pout appeared on Razor's face when he was informed that Sunny would no longer be training with them, but he perked up quickly. The little marten seemed like the type who'd do well under Steele's command, so it wasn't ALL bad.

Glancing over at the tigress recruit, he smirked a bit at her response to PT..and the fact that she didn't seem to be much of a morning person. At all. "What're ya guys talkin' about? PT is legit! Nothin' like workin' yo' body into a sweat early in the mornin' n' all that!"

This was coming from the guy that hadn't even been sure what PT even stood for prior to yesterday's session...buuuut, the tigress didn't to know that.

"And I'm Razor, by the way" He added, with a friendly wave of his hand. "You goin' find out I'm the coolest guy here...well, next to the Commander, since he in charge. And can prolly kick mah caudal fin from here to mah home island".
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by DeanFox Thu May 15, 2014 3:44 pm

Dean had been having issues trying to sleep, ended up laying there letting things run through his mind until sleep had taken him quietly at some point.  Jolting awake with the tremendous urge to check of the two from the storm.  Getting up and getting ready for a shower straightening his uniform for the day and trying on his issued spats, “these are lovely” he thought to himself as he did his best to be prepared for the day and when the call is heard he gets right to business.  First on his agenda is a quick shower to clear his head which helps.  Followed by a dash through breakfast, not really having an appetite more as a gesture to getting his stomach to quit.  Looking at the tree and the flashlight which did its task, Dean quickly retrieves it and returns it to his tent laying it on the footlocker.  Swinging by the Medical tent to see they are in good spirits and company, finally dispersing his nerves and finally releasing the knot in his stomach Dean heads off to the Base ops tent.
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Thu May 15, 2014 4:46 pm

Archeus shook Jess's hand. "Well Whitetail I'll say this you're in good company, I've had nothing but good experiences working with this outfit. Whatever you get assigned to, please don't hesitate to ask. If there is anything I can do to assist I'll be glad to help."
Archeus then nodded. "If you'll excuse me I need to finish getting our model and presentation readied." She then walked over to the model table and opened her briefcase pulling out some drawings she had made showing the theory of operation and budget proposals for the needed equipment.
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledoux Thu May 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Ledoux took notice as the General approached.
"You've come to us in a rather unconventional fashion, you two, If you'd like to continue to stay here after you've recovered, you'll be sorted for eventual transport to Aukate as Minions in her majesty's employ. If not I can also arrange to have you sent back to your islands if you'd prefer, by safer transport."
Ledoux looked down then back up. "Thank Sir, your staff have been incredible. I don't know what I fully expected, but I'm touched at your generosity. With out fully knowing I'm assuming our home has been devastated. I feel certain we can find a place to fit in here. I certainly feel the obligation to return back some of what has been given."
Ledoux then seeing the Martin walk in glanced over.
"I hope you guys are feeling better today. How are you doing?"
"Oh yes, uh Miss. Very much so. I'm doing pretty good considering. Actually looking forward to getting up and walking around. Zenny certainly seems to be doing better. Thank you."
Ledoux
Ledoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Thu May 15, 2014 6:40 pm

"Nice to meet you Angus, Razor," she said to the two other recruits with a warm smile.

"I don't need PT to wake up, and sweat is bad for my fur! Do you have any idea how long it takes to properly groom this?" she said with a pouty tone, while grabbing her fluffy tail and showing it to them. "It takes a very long time!" she continued without letting them any time to reply.

Of course, she was mostly playing with them, her playful nature finding a way to express itself. Despite the pout and the sort of complaints, she didn't minded PT at all, and could even surprise some of them. The one who'd be more able to tell that she wasn't really serious would be Tigermark, who, as a fellow tiger, would notice the subtle signs in her body language.

"The best way to wake up and warm up the body is by going to the hot springs. There is a very nice hot source quite close to my village, and we sued to go there almost every day with my friends. I can tell you that soaking in there, then rolling in the fresh snow does give you quite a kick and wake up, even when you have a thick fur like mine!" she explained.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Thu May 15, 2014 9:40 pm

Lexaniri, while waiting and seeing no officers had reported in for Base Ops as of yet, set back in her stance. She was more expecting people to be ready a little sooner as she turned to her fellow Base Ops trainees.

"Well it looks as though we're early. I wonder who will be in charge of us," Lex asked as she looked at Shard for a moment. Her tail flicked a bit with her balance shift as she stood at ease for the moment. At least until any officers arrived, it may be best to stay here early and get to catch up with those she may be spending more time with?
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Thu May 15, 2014 10:36 pm

"Yeah. I always get up early." Shard said as he swung his shoulders a bit. "I do my regular routine first thing in the morning before I do anything else. Helps keep my skills sharp and wake me up better then a cup of coffee." The Arctic Fox looked out at the camp and saw plenty of recruits moving to their assigned tents. "But I do confess, I'm pretty curious as to who we'll be under. Though I'm sure that General Steel still needs my assistance for what ever it was yesterday before the Storm hit. But I guess we'll wait and see" he said with a smile.
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Thu May 15, 2014 10:45 pm

Jack looked between the two, "Wait you mean to say you don't even know who is leading us today?" He relaxed but tried to keep at least a semi-formal presence in case any of the officers showed up.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Technocupcake Thu May 15, 2014 10:51 pm

Zev looked at Jack and raised an eyebrow, "You know who's leading us today?" He also relaxed a little bit, wondering if Jack actually knew who was going to lead us today.
Technocupcake
Technocupcake

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Thu May 15, 2014 11:01 pm

Jack shrugged, "I have no idea i thought it would be the officer General Steele was telling us to report to the other day." he tapped his chin trying to remember "uh.. i believe it was... the name started with an 'A' but I guess i really don't remember."
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Technocupcake Thu May 15, 2014 11:13 pm

Zev smiled slightly, "Heh." He shifted his position a bit, "Anyway, I wonder when an officer will arrive to lead us." Luckily, I'm not impatient.. he thought to himself.
Technocupcake
Technocupcake

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Steele Fri May 16, 2014 4:02 am

Darius pulled his tablet free and poked it, smiling as sunny arrived, looking rather relieved to see her. "I'll have her majesty's forces on the mainland check on the state of your home. I doubt it's been devastated, monsoons are a fairly common occurance the local population tend to be well prepare for this sort of thing. In any case what would you say you're best suited for? Research? base operations or military prowess?"
Darius Steele
Darius Steele

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Fri May 16, 2014 4:14 am

Sunny smiled warmly at the Commander as he noticed her. When the white sphinx nodded in acknowledgement she returned it with a friendly ear flick. When the little fox spoke, the marten glanced back over at her and smiled again, hoping to be reassuring, "I'm glad you guys seem to be feeling better. I'm sure your home isn't completely gone. In the meantime I'm sure you can find something to do here."

She glanced up at the Commander and swished her tail softly against the floor of the tent, wonder what he would need her to do today. She wasn't sure what was going to be asked of her in her new position, but she wanted to try at least.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledoux Fri May 16, 2014 4:40 am

Ledoux thought for a second. Well Sir I have no experience in technical matters. I do however have good tracking abilities. I would say the Military branch would be as good an option as I can think of. Besides having stood guard over my family I'm as familiar with that as anything.
Ledoux
Ledoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Fri May 16, 2014 6:22 am

"I'm sure it is," Tigermark commented, giving just enough of a hint of a wink and slight movement of his tail to let Tamara know he knew she was teasing with her fellow recruits.

"Nevertheless," he continued, "The training program requires it. As I said, I'm sure your personal exercise program is much more strenuous, but this is to teach you to work as a unit. Anyway, while you're standing here, do you have any questions, Recruit Tamara? Relatively quick-answer ones, anyway. marching, reporting, saluting, anything like that?"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Fri May 16, 2014 12:09 pm

((( I'm sorry for not being more involved. I will do my best to continue in this world which Ms. Fox has set aside for us. )))

He didn't know what made him so sick to begin with. Was it the numerous tuna melts which he devoured during the first day he arrived here on the island, the intense humidity and warmth this island seemed to have on a daily basis or just a combination of all factors including becoming acclimated with everything around him. He opened up his eyes and was lying down in a cot starting at the material ceiling of the medical tent. His head still ached as blinking still provided little comfort as the world seemed to sway side to side. He knew attempted to rise up from his current position would make it much more worse but he didn't want to spend the rest of his life lying down especially when he was graciously accepted into the service of the Overlord. He prepared himself as best as he could and gently and carefully pulled the covers off his body; first making sure he was decent underneath said covers. He swung his legs over the edge of the cot still with his eyes closed until he felt the ground underneath his bare feet. He winced in pain as somehow he forgot he had a tail as it was pinched as he attempted his sojourn from a laying position to a sitting up position. This didn't make his headache go away and only magnified it. He quickly stretched his sensitive tail and he prepared for the next step; opening his eyes.

He opened them slowly as he surveyed what was around him. A couple of others had minor injuries like a twisted ankle or strained back. He slowly swiveled his head and much to his relief the world seemed to stop moving the more he forced himself to take back what was so natural to him, balance. He groaned inwardly as he thought about his first day on the island and had forgotten to report in to his officer who was in charge of him. 'It would be Darius right?' he said to himself. 'No, he would hate that Commander Darius.'

Still unsteady with his bearing he slipped his socks and shoes on this feet. Gripping the edge of the bed with both hands, he slowly used his legs and lifted his heavy feeling body slowly. Using both his arms and tail to keep him on both feet, he was still wobbly. He shook his head doing his best to concentrate on the task at hand. He had to find someone and find out what caused him to become sick and fall prey to this malady.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Fri May 16, 2014 5:38 pm

Tamara grinned slightly at Tigermark in acknowledgement, the corners of her black lips curving up briefly.

"Yes, actually. I was curious to know what was the proper etiquette to address a superior officer, like you, the General, or even the Overlord herself?"
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next