Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

+23
Darius Steele
Hector Fen
Garret Silver
Archeus
Artemis
Akkarri
Schemmer
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
KeirStryker95
Socks the Fox
Dragonwolf
Solitair
Sylvian
TheSphinx
Secateur
Tigermark
KRancourt
Rotors91
tobi3B
Shard Loren
Merrihop
Admin
27 posters

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 24 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Merrihop Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Sunny instinctively tensed a bit when she saw Razor holding a lance, recalling earlier, but the feeling was short lived when he started to imitate the commander. The marten squeaked and began to giggle, "Did he really sound like that?"

She adjusted the grip on her lance carefully, still a bit awkward with the long pole in her small hands, but attempted to imitate what she was supposed to do, and took note of Keir's instructions to keep it perpendicular, "Um... like this?.."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 24 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by KeirStryker95 Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Hearing made Sunny's giggle made Keir smile a bit. "Nah, 'e didn' sound like that. it was just a wee bit more relaxed than that," he said with a chuckle.

As he watched her move about with the lance, he noticed her struggling a bit with the size, then remembered that he himself was feeling a bit awkward as the lance was almost too small for him. "Ya, just like that. Ya got it!" he said cheerfully giving her a small applause of sorts.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:53 pm

"About representing objects, I think I have an idea." said Garran.
He took a pencil and a sheet of paper, and sketched a bowl with shaped fluid inside.
"Now, this is our fluid. If we put some projectors around the whole thing, and use a fluid, then we can simulate everything without the need of physical objects. That way we don't need to keep in account the weight of objects. More, we can see things in colors, as a real 'map' would grant. What do you think of that?"
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:06 pm

Shard was still waiting patiently for the Officer to arrive and brief him on what was needed. as he did he Mentally went over everything he might need. Disinfectant would be a given, He would no doubt need some disposable cleaning gloves regardless of what he was doing. He also started thinking about what the usual Mop and Bucket would look like, after all they had some pretty amazing stuff just here on the training camp.
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:30 pm

Razor cast a narrowed eyed glance in Keir's direction, "S'cuse you sir, I think I did a pretty dang good job impersonatin' the Commander. That was practically Academy Award worthy actin'!! For what'chu said, I ain't gonna mention you in mah 'thank you speech' to all my adoring, non-existent fans". The shark's head nodded sharply, as if his decision was final before he let the briefest of smirks cross his lips. "And what done happened to yo' voice bro?"

Glancing at Sunny, he grinned, "Nice job girl!"

Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:53 pm

"Oh I don't doubt it was! It was very precise and punctual. Excellent work!" Keir laughed as he patted Razor on the back. "And as for the "thank you speech", no thanks necessary."

Upon hearing the remark about his voice, Keir chuckled slightly. "He he. That, believe it or not mate, is my true voice, accent, thingy that I was born with. I had put a restraint on it earlier seeing as it would 'ave been propa around the Commander," Keir told Razor as he smiled toothily.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:01 pm

"Haha that´s a good one Keir but I think we should joke about the commander when he is a bit farther away" Angus grins in the round " or just plain invite him in our little circle to hear the jokes." he looks at Sunny. " I think that looks good Sunny, you should practice it a bit more after all it´s only for saluting and offical things and I bet you get a shorter lance in the headquarter. Neverless you should ask the commander for some kind of weapon that you can carry with you easily and use on the enemy so that you can get a headstart when you flee and remember run to one of us. best way to get safe." He chuckles softly
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:07 pm

Sunny giggled at Keir and Razor's exchange of words and accents, but Angus' mention of defensive weapons made her pause. She moved the lance to look at it more closely, twitching her ears, then swallowed hard, "I've never fought before... I didn't really think about it before signing up. I guess that was pretty silly of me..."

She glanced around at all the other recruits, laying her ears down softly, "This is what my mother was worried about when I told her I was joining... But I don't want to hurt anyone..."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:16 pm

" Ahhh Sunny don´t worry you don´t need to hurt anyone. Maybe you could get some smokebombs or something like this. Just something that keeps the others occupied while you escape and get to us."
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:22 pm

"Huh...well, ah think ya' accent pretty sexy if ya' ask me, but...you didn't ask me so you can pretend I didn't say nuthin'" The shark replied, giving Keir a slight grin, "Me? I'm never really one tah try an' hide things 'bout myself as long as peeps ain't offended, ya feel me? Though...sometimes they get offended anyway" He added, waving his hand. "Shoot, ah been usin' mah less than professional accent the whole time an' the Commander don't seem tah mind".

He managed to catch a portion of the conversation between Angus and Sunny, catching her comment about how she didn't want to hurt anyone, "Well, you could always have one of use hurt 'em for ya! Honestly wouldn't mind knockin' out someone who'd try to hurt someone so cute! Ah mean, lookit that face! She precious!"
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:20 pm

Vince listened as Shard got his task. While the fox seemed eager, Vince himself knew precious little about the handling of bodies, unless they were animals meant for cooking, and did not envy his new friend the task. The bear's attention turned back toward the Commander as Lex asked what the next assignment would be for the rest of them. He, too, was curious and awaited Steele's reply.
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:19 pm

Archeus had spent some time reading and researching various compounds to use as a membrane to contain the ferrofluid in the mapping basin. Finally she put her notes aside. Archeus stood and addressed the group "Socks, Garran, Ian. If I might have a moment of your time." I've come to the conclusion that I don't see a feasible containment system for a fluid based interactive map. I'm pulling the plug on it for the moment. We may return to at some point, but for now I'm thinking a photonic display would be easier to design and build. There is a large base of 3D holographic design and technology already in existence that we may draw from. Our mission hasn't changed. Just the path on which we travel is all.
I'm open to your thoughts and suggestions. So please feel free.
Archeus sits back, grabs her note book and pen to jot down the groups response.
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:07 pm

Garran raised his head from Socks' sketches. "Holograms? Like sci-fi films?"
He pondered for a moment. "I love how your mind works, Archeus."

He got up excited. That was even better! Oh, creating an entire room would be so great!
"The holograms must be interactive, right? This means I can move my hands around them. So we need to use a wide projector. I mean, otherwise I could end up interfering with the image. So we have to decide if using an extended projector or many small ones. It depends on what we need. I'm oriented more towards the second one, so many people can look from different angles. This, of course, if the hologram doesn't need to stay between the looker and the projector."
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:45 pm

"Hmm..." Socks pondered, thinking about what she knew was available technologically.

"I think free standing holograms are still a little out of reach, but maybe we could make something like a holographic computer screen?"

She got out her ID, and pointed to the security hologram image, adding "I know we can make arbitrary images, our ID badges show that, but so far they're all static, only showing the one image, or shifting between two fixed images. Nobody's done one that's dynamic, one that can change with computer input. That might be a key first step towards a free standing one, and it would solve a lot of the issues we were having with the ferrofluid map idea."

Socks sat back, looking down at her notes, before saying "It definitely won't be easy though, I'm sure people have been trying for decades. I think most likely we'll be using some kind of crystal screen to get the light doing what we need it to do..."
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyotecanuck Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:57 pm

"A holographic map would be able to show much greater detail and it would be able to show the interior of structures."

Ian paused for a moment, deep in thought. "I recently heard about a free standing hologram that humans developed for medical purposes, with a bit of work I'm sure that we could use the same technology for a mapping system. It would be much to bulky to be 'field portable' but a stripped down basic version may be practical for that" he mused.

"One of the issues will be keeping it supplied with enough accurate and up to date data, but once that is taken care of, we could potentially view things in real time or run highly detailed simulations"
Coyotecanuck
Coyotecanuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:10 pm

Socks listened before responding "I don't think we need to worry about data, in my opinion that should be handled by an off the shelf system. The way I was thinking of was kind of like our current screens, but with a depth perspective to it. Processing the imagery generated by the system however will most likely take some specialized hardware."

"I think if we can get that down, the free standing holographic system will follow. If the human system works like I think it does it probably still depends on the screen being behind the image anyway, just using tricks to make it appear as though it were away from the screen instead of inside it," she continued, looking at Archeus.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Archeus gleamed at the groups enthusiasm, "This does look like the right road we're on. I see much more opportunity for a device like this. The applications for fields other than military are limitless. Ian, you and Socks make excellent points on the data input. Yes the ability input massive amounts of real time data will be what determines how accurate the mapping system is, but as Socks points out that will most likely come from other departments using their own intelligence gathering equipment. At this point since none of us have know exactly what the Military Intelligence capabilities at the Citadel are we don't have to worry with that aspect. As long as we provide enough data storage and input capability that shouldn't be an issue. Garran I like your idea of being able to have the viewers move about viewing the image from different angles. Spot on.
And gang a point to remember here, we're just recruits in a tent. Doctor Silver just wants us to design this project on paper and be ready to present a realistic idea to him. And if what we turn out has any merit there may be the chance Lady Bane as well as Commander Steele will be given our proposal for critique. Which makes things easier for us. The actual building and testing of such a system R&D if you will, is something we would do in the labs at the Citadel. For now boot camp only requires that we formulate a feasible device and come to a group consensus on its capabilities and general design then be ready to turn in a report on our work.
I thank you for some great ideas. Now lets start putting them to paper and see how far we get. Doctor Silver may show up at any time and be interested to see our progress.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:02 pm

Archeus was righting some notes down when something occurred to her. "Socks, Garran, Ian. I just had a thought. I need to step out for a moment. I'll be in Doctor Silvers tent, so excuse me." Archeus gets up to leave R&D and find Silver.
After an hour Archeus returned. She looked around for the Ceslatos brothers. Finding them she approached. "Gentleman I hope I'm not disturbing you? I need a moment of your time." Archeus pulled up a seat and sat down. "We are in the middle of a fairly complicated proposal. I know given your backgrounds in physics and computer coding you would be an asset. I don't want to pull you off anything important, but I'm of the opinion your being involved would compliment our team. I've talked it over with Doctor Silver and he has no problem with it. So tell me how would you feel about joining our team?" Archeus sits back to give the brothers a moment.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Discussion with Gu Jiao had unfortunately stalled, leaving the brothers at an impasse for their group project. Just as they were about to get up and talk to Doctor Silver, Archeus sat down at their table and informed them that she already discussed it with him.

"Sure!" Alec said, smiling. "What sort of project are you working on?"

Lukas and Niko simply nod along, looking curious about her proposal.
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Sunny tipped her ears forward at Angus' suggestion, then smiled a little and nodded softly, "Maybe that would do. I'm just glad they didn't decide to send me straight home because I couldn't fight..."

Hearing Razor join in, she blinked her eyes a few times, and blushed a little, "Er... ah... thank you..." She released part of the lance to scratch an ear a bit awkwardly, the pole tipping forward and causing her to yelp and grab it again to avoid losing control of the long object, "Ah... Thanks for the support. I hope it doesn't come to that though."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:29 pm

Archeus got a look of joy across her face. Gentleman this is tremendous news. I promise you'll be excited. We are developing a Dynamic Holographic Mapping system. Please let's go inform the group I'm excited to let them know." Archeus got up with the brothers to let the others know. As they walked up Archeus happily announced Socks, Ian, Garrran, Coyote we have a new members the Brothers have agreed to come join our efforts in our research. Gang I have yet something else I need to go attend to. If you all would be so kind would you please bring them up to speed on where we are in our efforts? I'll be back shortly.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:45 pm

Socks looked up as the new members approached. When Archeus asked them to get the brothers up to speed on the project, she smiled with a hearty "Okay!"

Once they had gotten to an angle where they could see the notes, she started out with a high level overview; "As Archeus said, we're working on a holographic display. Our eventual goal is a freestanding hologram, but I think for now we should get a screen working with a sort of 'internal' hologram, based on a similar photonic interference pattern as the film based method we already use for the static holograms like on our ID badges."

She explained her reasoning, "with this as a first step, we can get all the key hardware and mathematics worked out for creating the holographic image data to feed to the holographic pixels, which should be extremely helpful once we start moving towards the freestanding idea. To keep things simple I think we had settled on the display being solely a display, not a full computer system, since that would make it so that we can just plug in any of our current devices with the right software."
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:54 am

Presently, Tigermark concluded his message check and returned to the recruits. Noticing Sunny looking very uncomfortable with the lance, the tiger decided that lance work was in no way her forte', even in practice and formal carry.

"As you were, recruits. Recruit Sunday, you can have one of this lot show you how to put the lance back in the rack. And Razor, yo imitation o me wuz pretty dang good, ya feel me?"

The last bit Tigermark had delivered in a fairly credible imitation of the shark's voice and speech pattern.

"After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, no?"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Keir suppressed a chuckle at the Commander's imitation of Razor. Turns out Tigermark did know how to have a little fun every now and then. And he was quite the character!

Turning back to Sunny, he extended a handpaw and offered to show her the way to replace the lance into the rack. "Shall I show her how ta' put it away gentlemen, or will one of ya'- Ahem, ... one of you show her? Excuse me." Keir grinned and straightened his voice out in the presence of Tigermark.

Although Razor and the others had agreed that his voice was okay around the officer before them, Keir figured it still better to be at least somewhat formal while near him. He smiled at Tigermark awaiting confirmation from one of the other boys.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:54 pm

"Sure Keir show Sunny how to polish the lance "Angus grinned at them both
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next