Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 15 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 15 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Merrihop Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:36 am

Sunny couldn't help but chuckle awkwardly at Charon's commends about the pressure of running the boot camp. She nodded a bit and twitched her ears, "Yes. I think it's a bit on the hectic side. When I came by to see if there was anything helpful I could do, I was asked to keep the recruits in line company. I guess there's been a few things causing a delay, so a little extra conversation can help distract everyone from the wait. I'm sure there's a lot to keep track of, especially with so many recruits who don't know the ropes yet."

She thought forward to what the next day would hold, glancing skyward with her mind's wandering before coming back down to earth, "I think tomorrow is the first real day of training. I'm a little nervous about that part..."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 15 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Schemmer Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:49 am

Vince figuratively bit his tongue when the raccoon said he was ok. He didn't look it, and the bear made a skeptical noise in response. At least Devon had something to drink now, that would probably help. Vince leaned away slightly. Something about the 'coon smelled a little off, though he wasn't able to place it at the moment. "Run away from...?" Vince echoed, not truly expecting an answer. He had lived a mostly quiet life himself and most of the troubles he had had were fairly mundane in nature, as such, he felt maybe he didn't have so much in common with the raccoon. What could be so bad that you'd want to run?

As Devon continued to give advice, Vince nodded, and then frowned slightly when the brothers were mentioned. Maybe they had done something to make him want to run? "You're going into R&D then?" he asked, though with the mention of inventions, that much was fairly obvious. Devon's chuckle sent chills up Vince's spine, but with a deep breath that sounded almost like a sigh he let that feeling go. When he spoke again, Vince's voice was low, and the words came slowly. "If your past follows you, maybe, maybe you have to face it. Maybe it's not about... winning or being better than someone else, but about being your best version of you. If that's not something your can do for yourself, maybe find someone else you care enough about and do it for them." Vince dropped into a sudden silence, unsure which of them he was talking about anymore. "Sorry," he murmured.
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 15 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1

Post by DeanFox Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:52 pm

"maam I'll," clearing my throat "I'm holding, I think the Winged Tigress, Vince's, and probably Charon's places in line, Vince being the bear talking to the Raccoon by the tree. and Charon talking to the Marden by the tent door. I don't want you to, feel that either of them are cutting in front." turning to face front again, wait one minute turning back around. "My Name is Dean Crossfox." rummaging through the foot locker for a pencil and something to write on. "I'll save your place in line too if you want to do something with the fishes."
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:01 pm

Darius came out of his tent and ushered Dean inside. "You're next..." He pulled the tent closed behind him and sat down at his desk again. The General quietly perused his file for a moment. "Dungeon...excape... tester... I assure you, sir her Majesty's brig is more than secure... mechanic however we could find use for.."

He pulled a slip from his file and handed it to Dean. "Be sure to get your uniform from the tent, here's your tent assignment. You'll report to Research and development tomorrow morning." He used his cane to pull back the tent flap. "DISMISSED"

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 15 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1

Post by DeanFox Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:22 pm

Walking quickly inside to stand at attention, it's all over in a matter of seconds. Saluting Commander Steel "Thank you sir." taking my papers I quickly head for Vince to give him the heads up nodding at the Raccoon whom is recovering from his encounter with mace. Hurrying to get my foot locker I drag it along behind me to the uniform tent and set it off to one side inside the tent.  Thumbing through the wide array of uniforms it hits me, there is no way they would have the wrong information, there is no stronger critic than a worried sleep deprived mind.  cracking my legs to get the kinks out to briefly stand and walk digigrade finding a pair of pants and two shirts that seem the right size.  finally getting a chance to shed the stupid thermal pants for the pants I brought in to try.  skinny jeans might be in fashion in the human world but, not here and not me.  hearing the Lizard running the tent ask "Um the shirts fit well though, is there one size larger as "Capris" and two get flipped over the door. "Thank you so much, these fit better but." sitting down they don't go flood water, and being informed that we will be properly fitted once the training is over.  "Thank you again." stepping out to shake their hand I remember to salute and the look on my face apparently was as silly as I was afraid as they do laugh a bit and return the salute.  putting my Civvies away I drag my foot locker to my tent to find a bunk in a corner facing the door.  pulling the pencil and paper back out and removing the remaining handle from the footlocker making a quick sketch and measurements.  if I get a chance at a c.n.c. lathe i can at least make a new handle to match. putting everything away I follow my nose to the Mess hall, stopping briefly to wash my hands before my arrival. finding it I make my return to check on Vince and Cheron

Last edited by DeanFox on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thanksgiving dinner called)
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:38 pm

Lex, watched for a moment at Steele pulled open the flap, not bothering to make much indication or eye contact with the Commander.  But she did note the speed at which Steele had pulled Dean inside the tent, apparently evaluated, and thrust back outside of the tent.  “Seems like he’s pushing for efficiency now,” she chuckled to herself mentally.  “It’s like he’s just hit a high gear to get pushing through the line just that much faster.

In the end she shook her head as the line crept just that much more forward, looking over the other recruits trying to gauge who was next in line as well as who was in front of her, no-one she could remember meeting before.  “At this rate though… I’ll be through faster than expected,” she pondered to herself. She took a little time to look around the general camp area, taking note to where it seemed that everyone had went, including the most recent recruit moving out of the commander's tent and over to what she assumed was the uniform tent. "Well, hopefully this all won't take long, it doesn't seem likely," she said out loud where almost anyone nearby may be able to hear her.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:44 pm

"Don't be nervous Sunny," Charon said as he watched a fox enter the Officer's tent. "Just be yourself and you'll be fine. I find if you try to be something other than yourself, you will find yourself with more baggage and chores than you know what to do with. Also, I'm sure the Overlord has very competent people to deal with all the recruits and you certainly have found your niche of greeting those who are a bit confused with all these people roaming around. I don't think I have ever seen this many in one place in all my life; small town, small meetings."
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:49 pm

Sunny's ears relaxed and she smiled warmly, glancing up at Charon appreciatively, "You have a good point. Thank you for that... I'm still nervous but you're definitely right. There's gotta be a place for each of us somewhere... For now I'm just trying to help out the commander. It's seemed pretty hectic around here."

She chuckled a bit at his mention of all the people, "It really is something. I went to the city on my home island once or twice, and it was always really surprising. I mostly went between the villages on my side of the island. Pretty small mostly. Well and here I'm seeing more variety of people than back home, too. It's pretty incredible!"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:09 am

Charon nods in agreement with what Sunny was saying. As he mentioned he was from a small town with everyone knowing everyone. Here it was going to be a long process to at least recognize everyone's faces and what department they will all end up in. "Incredible indeed," the feline agreed with Sunny. "I just hope I don't butcher a person's name or just completely have a brain cramp from remembering their name," he admitted. "Having a name gives a person his or her identity, but of course, a rose by any other name will be just the same a person takes ownership of their namesake and hopefully not to be too prideful."
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:03 am

Sunny chuckled lightly, nodding a bit, "I think you'll be ok. Everyone so far has seemed pretty understanding. As long as you don't do anything stupid and listen to the officers, there shouldn't be a big problem."

She glanced around to see who was next in line, as the commander had called for the next recruit in line. Spotting the spectactled bear standing in the next position, Sunny motioned for a moment of Charon's patience, and stepped over, "Excuse me, I think you're next. The commander seems to be ready for you now. Good luck!"

She gave him a smile and a nod, then turned back to Charon, tilting her head, "Don't worry too much, I bet you can find a way to remember people's names. And you'll be making friends in no time!"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:16 am

Tigermark had been distracted for a moment talking to the blue winged tigress, and Darius had come out and called the next recruit in. He'd probably hear about that later, but he would rather make sure the recruits lined up properly. The fox was done very quickly, so now the next recruit, a spectacled bear, was to go in.

"Recruit, your turn."

To the fox, he said, "Recruit Fox, the uniform tent is over there."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:54 am

Vince looked up again as Dean approached and told him that he'd be up soon in line. Turning back to the raccoon, he said, "You can hold on to the canteen, seems like you need it more than I do at the moment. Though when you get the chance, I would like to have it back." That would at least give him a chance to talk to Devon again, for despite the bear's own slip up earlier, the raccoon seemed like a decent enough guy. "Maybe I'll catch you at uniforms or at the mess later today," Vince finished and smiled, before following Dean's advice and hurrying back to the line.

Charon and the blue tigress were still in line, so he'd expected he'd be waiting a few minutes longer. To his surprise though, the marten speaking with Charon informed him that he would probably be up next. He'd seen her speaking with the old leopard earlier, and she seemed like a normal recruit, though he hadn't worked out the uniforms yet so there was at least the possibility she was someone of rank as well. He replied to her with a quick, "Yes'm, thank you."

And then the white tiger had told him the same. Now this one he knew was an officer. He was .... imposing in a way that the marten hadn't been. "Yessir," he replied, the words running together. While he had been waiting in line, he'd felt calm enough. Now though, well, he wasn't sure if he was more excited or nervous. He took a step into the tent, standing straight with his hands at his sides. "Commander?"
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeanFox Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Returning to the officers tent and the Tiger whom did address me. "Sir, I failed to say anything to you earlier, Thank you." and I salute before walking over to the raccoon as Vince I assume is inside.  "Afternoon sir."  choking away the Good as he probably doesn't want to hear that.  "How are you doing?" looking over at the tent well I ignored the rumors there were some Humans in the service of the Overlord hopefully Vince didn't disregard the rumors. offering a peppermint candy to the Raccoon, as I take one for myself. "If you want more water I'll be happy to get you more."
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by BanditRingtail Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:44 pm

Devon wasn't about to talk about his past right now, seeing as rumors would no doubt fly sooner or later.  People would know that he came out of Darius' tent the worse for wear.  To him, that was bad enough, and he didn't need others muttering his sins and difficulties around the island.  All he would say in reply was, "It's personal."  The other guy (A bear?  His vision was still too blurry.) was kind enough not to pry further.  He corrected him about R&D.  While he had many ideas for inventions, they were all meant for prison security, though he admitted they could be used to trap or ward off intruders if needed.  "I'm starting as a prison guard, it seems.  No special treatment here; Steele expects me to work my way up.  I'll keep my notebook on me in case they need ideas."  He took another drink from the canteen, considering the bear's words about "being your best version of you".  He was about to reply when the other stopped and looked away toward a voice back near the officers tent.

He didn't recognize the fox who approached, but then he hadn't really looked back in line since he got in it.  He was glad his vision was getting better though, and he wiped his eyes and kept blinking.  Hurt like hell, but he could stand it.  He was surprised at the bear's generosity, yet managed to smile and nod.  "Thank you.  You have my word you'll get it back."  He waved as one recruit headed off, leaving just the fox in uniform.

"Um, afternoon."  He snorted a bit at the question on his well-being.  "Aside from being given a taste of my own medicine... peachy."  He took another swig from the canteen, feeling his throat was still sore, perhaps from talking as well as the tear gas.  "I think I'm good for water right now.  I'm supposed to... oh, shoot!"  Devon patted himself down, realizing his notebook was gone!  He must've dropped it when Steele... drat!  It must be in the tent!  And reaching into his pocket... yep.  His time for the laps.  Double drat!  He was not having the best day.  "Blast it!  I forgot something, a couple things... but..."  No, he couldn't bother Steele again.  He was in enough trouble as is.  But he needed his notebook and to turn in his lap times.  He couldn't just march off and forget!  He stood up, using the tree for balancing, looking around for an idea.  Everything was still so blurry, he couldn't be sure... there!  Wasn't that, er, striped... guy... he was an officer, right?  "Listen, I dunno who you are, and I don't care.  I need some help.  Get me over to the Officer outside the tent.  He can help, or at least tell me what I did wrong.  They're good at that."  He shook his head and smiled.  "Seems the day for it anyhow.  After that, I need to get a uniform.  My vision's improving, but a guide would be nice.  Don't want to walk into any trees."

With any luck, he could mitigate this small disaster and at least get a better start on the day.  Even so, tomorrow would come soon... and he could always try again after the sun came up.  "What do you say?  Can I count on your help?"

BanditRingtail

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/banditringtail/

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:57 pm

"I certainly hope so," Charon said, hoping it would be just as easy as Sunny was talking to him. He looked over to the bear who entered the tent next; again hoping he would be next in line after the bear. He had patience to spare but it was becoming a bit unbearable with the humidity and the sun beating down on him. The feline was used to a dry climate but with the lush vegetation of the island; it was becoming slightly unbearable. "What I could do with a quick dip in the ocean right about now," he said out loud.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:19 am

Sunny smiled and nodded a bit, agreeing that a dip sounded nice, "Yeah it'd be nice to take a swim. The heat is a lot less trouble in the uniforms than in my normal clothes, actually. They're really light and breathable. Whoever's making them really knows their stuff."

She offered Charon her arm so he could feel the silken material of the uniform, "They're really comfy!"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:30 am

Lex stood there in line listening to the conversation between Sunny and Charon as she waited herself. Her paws shifted a little on the ground below her feet, one hand tugging on a section of her leather clothing. "Well, they do look nice, but seem like they could be restrictive. Do they stretch to allow freedom of movement?" she said, thinking out loud a little, half really curious about the uniforms. She wasn't as concerned over the clothing being uncomfortable in the humidity, something she had dealt with for a long time, and in her own style of clothing.

Otherwise she did look about and saw the raccoon and the fox, noting that it seemed that the raccoon had went through more than his share of something while inside the tent. Not that any of it was her business, nor something she thought would happen again. But overall she just scanned over the other recruits with both her eyes and ears.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:51 pm

Charon's ears flicked as he heard a comment about the uniform being flexible. He looked over and saw what at first he thought was a rabbit but on a secondary glance he wasn't sure what species she was. Only what seemed like a mixture of species, Charon had never seen the like. "A hybrid," Charon said a bit more loudly than he wanted, not knowing if it was a derogatory word or not. "I'm sorry, the name is Charon."

He offered his paw to her and smiled. At the same time he realized his mistake of not feeling the sleeve of the uniform Sunny had offered. "I guess making friends and keeping them are quite two different things," a slight blush hit the ears of the felines and cheeks.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:36 pm

Sunny's ear quirked at the voice, and she turned her attention to the speaker behind them along with Charon. She quirked her head, wondering if she heard a note of skepticism in the female's voice, "Actually, I was just in the jungle climbing trees and stuff. I don't feel restricted at all. They're cut pretty roomy, but fitted."

She turned her body a bit, displaying the uniform to both of them, before settling back into a neutral standing position, smiling, "I'm Sunny. Nice to meet you."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:08 pm

If the hybrid comment was noticed or if that had any effect with Lex, she didn't indicate it to the others.  Either way, she was one who was use to getting strange looks and responses from time to time.  It took a moment to register that she had been heard before she gave a smile of sorts, and shook Charon's offered hand.  "A pleasure to meet others who are, or wish to serve the Overlord," she said, giving a bit of a grin to the pair.  "I'm Lexaniri, or as some call me, Lex or Lexi.  I guess it depends on taste," she chuckled.

"Well, It was just a visual observation, Havn't tried it or gotten much of an idea of the cloth," Lex responded to Sunny.  One could tell that similar thoughts were built in her own clothing, such as the "arms" as they were, were leather over the shoulders and down her upper arm, but only a strap around her arms, and nothing underneath, giving her full freedom of movement with her arms there as well as other subtle differences with how her clothing was cut.  "But then again, much takes a little while to get use to after trying it out too," she said with a shrug.

"So, what do you do here, or wish to do here?" she would ask out of curiosity, looking between the pair.  She herself shifting her stance a little, shifting her weight off one leg onto another, as though to prevent fatigue in her legs.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by DeanFox Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:30 am

"No problem, glad to. Just lean on me if you need to." walking slow enough that the raccoon doesn't have to touch or lean on me for support just there if he needs it we walk over to the tiger, "Sir?" and I step back to give the two some privacy.
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:12 am

Tigermark looked over at the fox who'd spoken, and saw that he was helping the raccoon who'd been, ah, "broken in" by Darius earlier.

"Yes Recruit Marshfield, what is it?"

He noted the raccoon didn't look as though he could see very well yet, and looked to be a bit unsteady on his feet. That wasn't unusual, as the tear gas used by the Overlord's forces was designed to incapacitate even a large person for at least half an hour.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:04 pm

"Well from what I've seen these uniforms do fit the person a bit, shall we say, securely," a smirk touched the muzzle of the cheetah. "I can only think of what the uniform might be for divers if she would have any use of them here on these islands."

Charon gave the hint right away he wished to be in the diver corps in hopes of doing something he felt he was really good at. "Or being a guard where she might need me. I'm really open to anyplace where I might fit in."
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Sunny chuckled a bit at Charon's speculation on the diver's uniforms, "When I was in the uniform tent, the nice gecko lady there said we'll get uniforms tailored to fit us once we get to the lair. It looks like these are just temporary. They're still pretty nice, though!"

She then turned her head to Lex to address the question, smiling hopefully, "I signed up to be a scout, but I'm also happy to be a runner and carry messages."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:01 pm

“Hummm, I’m sure they have options, depending on where you place,” Lex indicated with a grin. “And be set up with those places in mind really. I’m sure a cook doesn’t need the same protections as someone who would travel to the more wintery islands.” She would say. Overall she wasn’t completely sure what she would do, she knew what she could do, and didn’t know where the Overlord would find use for her own abilities. So much of that she would hope Steele would know more about in the end. She knew she wasn’t one to be happy sitting on a dock most of the day, and definitely did not wish to be on a fishing vessel any more than she needed to.

“Well looking at everyone so far, it does look like the ‘recruit’ uniforms are all fairly generic, so I’d think anything like a diver would be one you’d get at a later time. Especially as it’s not a generic sort of profession. Well unless you’re a pearl diver, then you don’t need much extra,” Lex indicated with a shrug. “With what you were saying about climbing trees and such, you’ll have a good start at scouting. A lot of being light on your feet and spotting further up than you are is needed, plus good senses,” she would indicate in response to Sunny. “I’ve personally learned much about hunting, tracking, scouting and the like, from my times with my father on the islands, so a bit of scouting wouldn’t be bad, though Commander Steele confiscated many of my usual scouting / hunting tools,” she would indicate. “The staff would be nice about now,” she chuckled, indicating it would be nice to lean with at times.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next