Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 20 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 20 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Tygon Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:23 pm

Mara let out a small eep and actually jumped a little in surprise. She had not expected to be addressed and thus was rather surprised. "Um, sorry," she replied after gathering herself and shaking the offered hand. "Y-yes, I'm new as well." She shook Tamara's hand as well and continued. "I'm Mara. Nice to meet you." Her nervousness was quite obvious, not just by the quivering in her voice but also by the nervous twitching of her fin-tipped tail.

Then the question about what she did prior to getting here came and it made her freeze. Only for a moment, but enough to be noticed. The aquatic feline considered what to say. She would most likely have to tell the truth to whomever was in charge here. They would want to know what they were getting into after all. But she saw no reason to reveal her past to everyone who asked just yet.

"I studied," she eventually replied, somewhat vague.

Tygon

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 20 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Astralin Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Jax nodded agreeing with Tamara, "Maybe." his eyes immediately fell on the cat-taur he had only seen a handful and still thought they were fascinating he shifted the bag on his shoulder, first offering his hand to Tamara, "Names Jax, I used to carry messages to nearby villages." he'd offer his hand to Whitetail afterwards. "Also a bit of hunting, nice to meet you all."
His face stretched slightly producing a smile.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:03 pm

"Pleasure to meet you all, Whitetail, Jax, Mara," replied Tam while shaking the offered hands back, a warm smile on her black lips.

"I was mostly doing some hunting and scouting, sometimes also carry stuff to and from the village, back in Pè€peruare. I would say that I was quite good at it," she added with a chuckle.

The vague reply from Mara,a s well as her nervousness, made Tam raise a brow, but she figured it was the nervousness created by this whole quite new situation. Everyone handled nervousness and unknown situations in their own way, anyway.

She put her small bag at her feet and stretched some, before rubbing the side of her muzzle. "Any of you has an idea what exactly we're supposed to do in this 'bootcamp'? I know it's training, and to show what we are capable of before receiving our true assignment, but I'm quite curious about the exact specifics."
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygon Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:26 pm

Mara shook her head. "No, I... I have no idea." It dawned on her that she really had jumped without checking how deep the water was here. She knew she had useful abilities, but beyond that... She wasn't very good when it came to physical activities outside of the water. For a moment a horror vision danced before the yumar's inner eye of merciless drill sergeants shouting at her while she tried vainly to make it across an obstacle course. If they demanded anything like that her hopes of employment here were probably not very great.

A shudder went over Mara and she shook herself to get rid of the unpleasant sensations. "Sorry, I really don't," she said again.

Tygon

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:37 pm

Jess nodded seeing that she wasn't the only one with a few frayed nerves. the vague answer just made her all the more curious, but the she let it drop, sure it would come out in time. She shrugged off her large bag rubbing her shoulder where the strap had been digging in muttering a few choice words. "I did roughly the same Tamara, I was hunter and scout, but I also learned how to build all sorts of things." she continued rubbing her shoulder before it finally started to relax.

"Not sure what they really want us to do here, I'm assuming this is just a stop over point to figure out what were good at before were shipped off." Stretching her back getting a few pops from it drawing a relaxed sigh from her. The boat ride here not having been the most comfortable thing for her considering how she was built.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:47 pm

Jax let his bag down feeling he would be there long enough that it would become uncomfortable. "So, three hunters, and a student," he placed his hand on his lower jaw scratching the side. "Whatever they'll have us doing I'm sure the diversity will help."

A low growl started from Jax's stomach the ride over had been quite a bit longer then he had packed for, his hand now placed on his stomach he gave a short chuckle, "Hope they have something meaty on the menu tonight."
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:12 am

Chuckling as the growl reached her ears Jess turned her upper torso reaching into one of the saddle packs she carried fishing out a small plastic bag filled with dried meat, which the writing on the bag would identify as venison jerky. turning back around after sealing her pack she turned whistling to get the wolf's attention before lightly tossing the bag to him, "Long trip here Jax?"
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:38 am

Caught the bag turning it his hand, "A bit... I don't really live near the docks and I didn't think the trip would be that long, but we waited on the dock a lot longer then planned." he'd pull out a few pieces and placed them just in his teeth more for the flavor then anything before resealing the bag, offering it back to Jess. "Thanks."

He continued chewing on the few pieces that he had pulled out, it'd at least keep his mind and stomach busy until a full meal was available.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:47 am

She shook her head when she was offered the bag back, "keep it I've got plenty of it with me." She looked down at her bags making sure everything was in order.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:50 am

Offered the bag around to the others feeling it only right to share with everyone, "Thank you again."
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:00 am

Vince nodded. "Well when we do graduate, I look forward to hearing your ideas, Lex." The bear glanced over at the Commander's tent, seeing several newcomers lined up. "Wow, more arrivals? I've got to say, I don't envy Commander Steele his job at all." His eyes had widened slightly in surprise. While he had expected the Overlord's operation to be larger than the town he hailed from, it was just starting to dawn on him how many people really were involved.
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:15 am

Jess shakes her head smiling, "It's no problem Jax, were gonna be working together so might as well get along."
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:08 pm

Tamara took a couple pieces of the venison jerky, and started chewing on one after thanking Jax and Whitetail.

"Well, three hunters and a student, but also one wolf, one cat-taur, one marine cheetah and one tigress. That's even more diversity," she said with a smile. "And I am sure that we all have even more to us. Probably why we're here, really. They want to see what we are worth, and how we can help the Overlord."
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:45 pm

Jess nodded smiling as she pulled her hair back, using a hairband to tie her unruly hair back in a ponytail. "It seems so, hopefully we all make it through and end up doing what we enjoy." she settled back happy with her handiwork as her hair no longer fell into her eyes.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:00 pm

"I'm sure we will," replied Tamara, confidently. "Though I do hope that we get some variety in our duties. I'm a good huntress, but I enjoy some variety from time to time."
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:59 am

Nodded between the two his eyes falling upon Mara who remained silent, "Variety would be nice, I'd like something familiar, but something new is always welcome. What'da you think Mara?"
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:45 pm

Nods looking around their small group, "I don't think variety is going to be an issue around here." She gestured to the massive camp around them, and the many different people wandering about. suppressing a shiver as her issue with crowds tried to make itself known again.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygon Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:43 pm

For a long while Mara just stood there quietly while the others talked. She mulled things over in her head, the things she had heard and the things that had dawned on her, now that she was properly thinking about her plans in this place. She declined the offer of food while she was thinking. And all those thoughts, the uncertainty and all the new problems her worried mind was conjuring only increased her nervousness. It was so bad, she didn't even notice when she was addressed.

"I..." she eventually spoke up. "I made a mistake. I'm sorry."

Then, without another word she turned around and ran for the dock. She showed herself to be surprisingly clumsy as she did so. She wasn't exactly stumbling over her feet with every step, but by the looks of it there was a definite danger that she mide. Despite that, the feline made good speed. And as she reached the end of the dock she jumped. As ungainly as she had seemed while running, during the jump she showed all the elegance and grace one would expect from a cat. Her body made a wide arch and dove into the water with barely a splash. Those near to the spot could see her underneath the surface, speeding away underwater surprisingly quick and she did not surface within sight of the island.

Tygon

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:52 pm

She blinked a reply to Mara's statement caught in her throat as she watched the cheetah run off diving off the dock. closing her mouth she shook her head, "what the hell just happened?" She looked between the rest of their group utterly dumbfounded.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Thought it best to try to say something to Mara's answer but the words died in his throat as she ran, his smile from earlier fading, "Did I.... say something wrong?" he looked between the other two. Looking down at the jerky-filled bag in his hand he closed it and dropped it onto his bag his appetite leaving him.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:14 pm

"I have no idea..." said Tamara, looking at the other two after Mara jumped into the water and vanished from sight. She was as dumbfounded than her new friends. "I don't think it's what we said or did, just the whole thing, I guess," she said while motioning at the activity all around them, the camp and such.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:02 pm

"yeah I guess it just sunk in for her, just how big this thing really is." Jess said with a small sigh rubbing the back of her head, "But hey who knows maybe she'll come back. For now I guess it's just us three." A tentative smile returned to her muzzle as she looked to the commander's tent over her shoulder, before looking back to the other two. reaching a hand into a side pocket of her duffel pulling out some little half made contraption, just to keep her ocupied.

Last edited by Whitetail on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:32 pm

Tigermark had been inside the tent with Darius awaiting the arrival of the next batch of recruits. The sounds of conversation outside told him that some had arrived.

"Showtime, General."

The tiger tossed this comment over his shoulder with a grin before setting his face into a neutral expression and stepping out of the tent.

"Good morning, Recruits. I am Commander Tigermark. Maintain your place in line and I'll call you in as General Steele, the Camp Commander, is ready to see you. Feel free to continue talking among yourselves, but keep the volume down and be ready to move forward. We'd like to get you through as quickly as possible. For now, you, the canid in front, Name please, Recruit?"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:14 am

Turned to look at the newest voice taking him quite off guard at first, looking to double check that he was indeed still the first in line for a moment, "Jack Erring sir, friends call my by my nickname Jax though." he bent to pick up his things slinging them over his shoulder.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygon Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:04 pm

As the events in the bootcamp continued a fishing boat pulled up to the dock. It was old, but very well maintained. Obviously its owner cared for it with much love. A few helpful individuals helped tying it to the dock and the figure that eventually stepped off the boat turned more than a few heads. He was a lion, tall and powerfully build. His upper body was bare, showing off a muscular chest that would make quite a few bodybuilders green with envy. His mane was beautifully maintained, obviously his pride and joy. On his right shoulder he was carrying a massive trunk that very few people would have been able to carry at all, let alone so casually.

Despite the load he was carrying, not to mention his own build, he moved lightly on his feet. Maybe not quite as much feline grace as some other examples of the species, but it was still there. Standing on the dook he looked around for a moment, a smile on his muzzle. At least until a voice rose behind him.

"When you're done showing off you can help me off this infernal thing."

The lion rolled his eyes, set the trunk down with a heavy thud and turned. "Do you realize that I'm doing you a favor here, right?" he asked as he reached out to help Mikia off the boat.

"Well, yeah," the lioness replied. "You're not good for much else after all."

The lion's good-natured expression fell at that reply, drawing an "awww" sound from Mikia. "Now, don't look at me like that, little brother. You know I'm just teasing ya," she said and gave him a little peck on the cheek. Which was actually a bit tricky since Mikia's "little brother" was a head and a half taller than her. "Now, be a good thug and get the rest of my stuff while I try to find out who's in charge here."

The lion chuckled and started to do as bidden while Mikia strode down the dock. She went straight for the labyrinth of tents and it didn't take her long to find find a knot of people who, to her, looked like hopeful new arrivals. Standing with her hands on her hips she spoke up.

"Okay, who's the guy or gal I talk to about getting a job here?"

Tygon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next