Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day Three: Training continues.

+22
DeanFox
Zenny
Ledoux
Archeus
Coyotecanuck
Solitair
Rotors91
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Tamara
Nightwolf1513
Technocupcake
Akkarri
Sylvian
tobi3B
TheSphinx
Tygon
Astralin
Tigermark
Whitetail
Merrihop
Darius Steele
26 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 8 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by Shard Loren Mon May 26, 2014 12:32 pm

Shard look up from his dustpan and brush at the commotion he can hear out side. "What is going on out there?" he asked himself out loud. he deposits the swept up dust in the dustpan into a bag that he brought with him as he continues to listen to the clamor. "You'd think the Overlord herself just arrived with the way they're all acting" with that he went to finish up the last bit of cleaning he needed to do.
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Day Three: Training continues. - Page 8 Empty Re: Day Three: Training continues.

Post by Solitair Mon May 26, 2014 3:54 pm

Three pairs of eyes widened, and the hand holding the marker twitched and made an erroneous strike on the drawing. "The Overlord?" Niko asked, incredulous.

"Well, s-she was bound to show up sooner or later," Alec stammered.

"We need to get ready for her!" said Lukas. He looked at their ill-fitting uniform with holes cut to fit their body's extra heads and arms. "Dammit, if only she'd waited for us to get a properly fitted uniform."

Niko and Alec's lower arms rummaged through their bag and found something that made them gape. "You mean like this?" Niko asked, holding up a presentation uniform. None of them remembered it being in their bag before, but it looked much like the one Archeus had examined. The key difference was in the tailoring, which looked like a much better fit for the three with it's six sleeves and three collared neckholes.

For a moment, the three of them stated at it, wondering when they'd been given it and how. But then they shrugged and looked around the tent for a place to change.

(I thought I might move things along a bit with the uniform situation, but if this is out of bounds I can change this post to fix it.)
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenny Mon May 26, 2014 8:04 pm

Zenny’s tail slowly wagged back and forth at the cheetah’s suggestion, nuzzling into the kind paw atop his head. He knew he could be useful if he could just be given the chance to show them, he had after all lived out in the wilds of Tepetema his whole life. As the tiger mentioned he would consider the cheetah’s idea, a breath of life seemed to renew the kit’s spirits as he perked back up.

Watching the tiger take his leave he looked over excitedly at his sister. Noticing she seemed troubled about something, he cocked his head to one side inquisitively. The little fox seemed to freeze up as his sister’s words hit him like a ton of rocks. All he could manage to do was nod his head as she finished, knowing she had to start her new life. He watched as she gathered her things and left medical, hoping he would see her again soon.

Now alone with the cheetah and a sleeping wolf he simply laid his head back upon the cot as he became lost in thought. So much had happened in such a small amount of time and here he was expected to grow up so fast. He knew he was little and still very young but felt like he could do anything the adults could do. Somehow he’d show them and maybe he would make his sister and the others proud.
Zenny
Zenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledoux Mon May 26, 2014 9:24 pm

Ledoux having checked out of medical made a stop to get her new uniforms and went to her tent to unload everything. At each point she kept an eye on the clock noting the elapsed time.
After a few loose ends were wrapped up she reported in at the Operations tent to get checked in.
It wasn't terribly long in the day when she had to excuse herself. She made it back to the Medical tent and was able to speak with the staff. Zenny had spent enough time alone she hopped he would grasp their situation.
Slowly she peeked in on him. Ledoux gave a sharp low key whistle.
"Alright Zen I've made you suffer enough." She smiled. "OK kiddo listen up you're in good enough shape I can check you out. I've got a place to stay, but you're gonna have to take it easy so I don't have to bring ya back. So mind those stitches please!"
Ledoux bent over and gave him a big lick on his head. One of the nurses helped get him loaded on Ledoux's back. As they made their way back to the tent. Ledoux hummed to him knowing how he liked to hear a tune, and figured it would keep him relaxed. "Well here we are." As the two reached their quarters. "I hope you don't think to bad of me? Life here is more structured. We both have some challenges ahead of us. Who knows what's ahead?" Ledoux prepared Zenny's bed and laid him down. "If you're up to it I can make you some pudding?"
Ledoux
Ledoux

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenny Mon May 26, 2014 11:43 pm

The little fox’s head was swirling around as the gravity of the situation set in. Just as he was about to arise to see what all of the commotion was outside the tent, his ears perked to an all too familiar whistle. Looking to the entrance he saw none other than his sister and quickly came to life, all but jumping from the cot to the floor albeit rather awkwardly on three good paws. Hiding the grimace of pain he smiled as he was finally checked out and loaded onto Ledoux’s back.

As they entered their new living quarters, Zenny could be heard humming in tune as he stopped and looked around excitedly. Turning back to his sister, he jumped out of the bed she’d laid him in and wrapped his front paws around her neck in a big hug. “I thought about it lots and I wanna be just like you and dad Ledoux,” he said as his voice squeaked and cracked a bit. Releasing her from his death grip he backed up looking up at her shuffling his front paw into the dirt floor timidly.
Zenny
Zenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledoux Tue May 27, 2014 2:12 am

Ledoux was elated to joy over Zenny's progress. Hopefully things would continue to go better for him.
"Zenny I need you to listen. I was told at checkin that the Overlord is here. she is reviewing her minions as we speak. I need to help you get suited up so you look presentable. I know it will be uncomfortable, but you won't be in all day." She got out the uniforms and ever so gingerly helped him in. Shen then took a moment to don her attire and get her fur looking clean and soft. "I need you to practice bowing to her Zenny. She is royalty here we must show a lot of maturity, Honor and Respect if we meet her. So go ahead let me see bow before me so I can watch and critque." Take your time and do it slowly please"
Ledoux
Ledoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Tue May 27, 2014 2:30 am

Archeus was relieved to see all the media had come together so nicely. "Socks are we missing any thing? There's a good possibility this room will be crowded shortly.
How are you holding up by the way? Because I'm terribly excited!

Last edited by Archeus on Tue May 27, 2014 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenny Tue May 27, 2014 3:25 am

Zenny’s ears perked up his eyes growing wide with excitement, “You mean the Overlord mommy always talked about in our bedtime stories?” he asked his tail wagging like mad. The Overlord was a legend back on their home island and tales of her exploits had spread like wildfire. He watched as he sister grabbed a pair of pants and stepped his hind paws backwards and down into them, watching at how she was able to pull them up over his back his bushy tail finding its way to poke through the specially tailor made hole. Combined with his top he’d already slipped into earlier, his wrappings and injury to his chest was completely hidden away.

He giggled watching as his sister finished slipping into her own attire. Nodding his head at her request he quickly straightened up to stand stiff at attention, just like how he imagined a real soldier would. He then took his injured front paw close to his chest and bowed his head down slowly, ears flat against his head and pulling his front shoulders down low causing his back end to rise just slightly. “Am I doing it right sis?” the small kit asked as his tail wrapped shyly around his hind leg hiding away the soreness caused to his belly as he stretched out and down before rising back up to try again. He was giving it his best and pushing through the pain, knowing this was very important and wanted to show the adults he could be a minion to.
Zenny
Zenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwolf1513 Tue May 27, 2014 2:27 pm

As she landed and saluted the Overlord Fox, she was still very curious on why the Overlord was here at the base. Was it to see Commander Steele? She didn't want to pry, as everyone was at ease she spotted Lex and walks up to her standing in place in case the Overlord or the Commander came back from their meeting "I see you have returned safely Lex"
Nightwolf1513
Nightwolf1513

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Steele Tue May 27, 2014 3:46 pm

"Miss Night you are to report back to the Base opps tent when you were finished with your gathering, not barge into the military tent and a private meeting." He turned to Fox with a visible apology. "Not everyone is as... disciplined as our military Recruits, Your majesty my deepest of apologies."

He held up the tablet that Sunny gave him so he could read Tigermark's message. "Pardon me a moment, I must take this."

Fox nodded and her ears folded slowly approaching Night. She said nothing but the bright smile on her face had faded into a neutral expressionless mask over her features. "Go to Base opps as the General said." She turned away from Night and the smile returned this time addressing those in the military once again. "Ladies and Gentlemen I am in need of fresh blood post haste, In a few hours I will be assessing which of you is ready to return with me to my lair and get to work straight away. I would like you lined up in military form outside in an hour after Commander Tigermark and General Steele have put you through your paces."

She looked up at Darius, her ears swiveling forward to give him her full attention. "Where is The Commander now?"

"We had two castaways show up yesterday, washed ashore during the storm, quadrupedal foxes as it happens. I sent him to assess their abilities."

Fox nodded. "Send him a message to get him back here and line up the troops outside the tent. I have other matters to see to before I decide whose coming with me."

She inclined her head to Darius and Sunny and exited the tent, doing her best to avoid being seen as she made her way to the tent with Chiria and the dead thurvine, she opened the flap on the cooler tent and slipped inside. "Doctor Naochi? I hope I'm not disturbing too much? Wolfbane appraised me of the situation and I was curious to your current findings."
Darius Steele
Darius Steele

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Tue May 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Keir listened with curiosity to the Overlord Fox's words. His ears swiveled full forward and stood visibly straighter at the mention of returning to The Lair.

"Wow... To actually get the chance to see The Citadel would be mind blowing..." Keir thought to himself. He nodded to the Overlord after she had finished speaking with the military recruits. "Yes, your Majesty Overlord," Keir said and bowed slightly in her direction. He hoped this was proper and that he wouldn't get reprimanded for it later. He could have sworn that Commander Tigermark said that it was proper... After righting himself he looked to General Steele, then at the others around him awaiting orders.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue May 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Tigermark had noted the frantic activity around the camp, but was at a loss as to why until he noticed Fo, er, The Overlord Herself slip out of the Military tent and head surreptitiously across the compound. He stepped up his pace toward the Military tent, and just before he got there his tablet pinged that he had a message. He stopped and reviewed the message, and then smiled. Opening the tent flap, he stepped in.

"You rang, General?"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Tue May 27, 2014 5:37 pm

Tamara nodded in acknowledgement of the orders received as Keir did. Her attention was entirely focused on the Overlord: her round ears were turned toward Fox, her gaze looking at her but avoiding direct eye contact in respect, body still straightened despite the 'at ease' order, yet less than when saluting, tail flicking very slowly and with a very small amplitude.

She followed Keir's example and bowed as well. "Yes, your Majesty Overlord," she said almost in unison with Keir and the other military recruits.

~Go to the Lair, the Citadel, the HQ of the Overlord, so soon after being recruited? Wow, that would be awesome!~ thought Tamara, smiling inwardly and maintaining the proper composure outwardly. ~Though I wonder what kind of emergency makes us needed so soon? Must be something important if the Overlord herself come to fetch us...~

Tamara saluted when Tigermark stepped into the tent, straightening herself a bit, unsure if she could resume the 'at ease' position ordered by Fox, now that Fox was gone and Tigermark back. Technically, Fox outranked them all, but since she wasn't here, were they to keep following the order or not? Proper military etiquette was going to be a pain in the rump, and she decided to play it safe and salute and straighten when Tigermark stepped in. Better salute when not needed than not salute and be regarded as disrespectful, she reasoned.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Tue May 27, 2014 5:53 pm

Upon seeing the Overlord herself open the tent Shard went slack jawed. Luckily he had just finished his cleaning so he had nothing to drop in his stunned state. Quickly composing himself he snapped to attention trying to look as dignified as he could standing there in his full cleaning kit. He never thought he'd see the overlord herself in person on his third day at the camp. Not wanting to interrupt he stayed standing at attention.
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Tue May 27, 2014 7:58 pm

Sunny perked her ears at the sudden intrusion into the tent, but kept herself quiet as Commander Steele tended to his messages. She smiled and straightened up sharply, giving an attempt at a salute as the Overlord took her leave of them to attend to other business in the camp.

As Commander Tigermark returned, the little marten straightened her back and slinky neck, standing ready for instructions from either officer. Her ears pivoted around to capture the sounds of the camp, but mostly to hear anything from thw two commanders in the tent.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Tue May 27, 2014 8:43 pm

Jess looked up from her notebook hearing some one approach her, her eyes settling on the white feline that had come close. "Nice to meet you Garran. I'm Jess, though most people take to calling me whitetail for obvious reasons." she gave a small smiles ears perking up as she heard Archeus mention the Overlord had landed. Her gaze fell back to her notebook turning pages as she looked for something among some of the more well worn pages of the book.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Tue May 27, 2014 9:18 pm

Charon was sad to see the young fox go with his sister to their tent but at least he was heartened to see the youth perk up with at least helping in the camp with little chores they could scrounge up for him. His sister seemed to be a very capable young person. He just noticed the excitement around the camp and the medical tent. He poked his head out of the flap of the tent and saw furs of all species walking and hurrying to a general meeting area. He was a bit put out for not being able to see what was going on because he wasn't cleared to leave the medical tent.
He hobbled his way back to his cot and motioned over to the main nurse. "Excuse me, I was wondering if I am cleared enough to at least see what the commotion is all about," he asked in a polite tone.
The feline wasn't steady on his feet to run wind sprints but at least he could take his time walking between tents and hopefully pick something in the mess hall which didn't contain the seeds he seemed to allergic to which struck him strange as he had thought he had every seed there was to be had on the islands, it must've been a foreign seed which had come from outside the islands.
He leaned back and thankfully his head didn't swim the 50 yard dash this time around. Small wonders elicit the best responses as he sighed contentedly. He sure hoped he hadn't missed his chance to prove himself to Commander Steele.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Tue May 27, 2014 9:29 pm

"I can't wait to meet the Overlord!" Socks replied, continuing "I think we have have most of the stuff ready, just need the final polish. Maybe a rough rundown of who will talk about what? I can handle doing the slides, but I am terrible at presenting."

She looked over at the other R&D recruits, asking "What about you all? Anything you need?"
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Tue May 27, 2014 10:57 pm

Looking up from her book Jess shook her head "I'm good Socks just brainstorming."
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Naochi Tue May 27, 2014 11:35 pm

Maybe the rat was expecting the Overlord, or maybe she's simply not the type of person to be startled easily.  She finishes her work on the Thurvine's cranium, drops a protective cover over the body and steps aside to remove her mask and gloves.  Only then does she really acknowledge Fox's presence.

“Findings?  Overall I think it's plain that these critters were intended for combat, what with the claws and teeth and gnashing bits.  I've chronicled some extra special findings and some speculations I have.  The nanites and other metal bits I found in the head have been packaged up for Bane and her boys in R&D to go over.  And you can have your biologists study the brain.”  She takes her recorder and pops out the memory card, offering it to the Overlord.  “Everything is here.  Although you'll want Commander Steele to review it all first.”

She runs her fingers through her tangled hair.  “Should I finish up here or do you want to have him wrapped up and sent to the morgue before the jungle air out here turns him into soup?”
Dr. Naochi
Dr. Naochi

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Wed May 28, 2014 12:20 am

Angus nodded at the orders slightly and let a smile creep on his face.
He wondered what The Overlord did in the recruit camp but he wanted only to show the best so he bowed with the others and also said "Yes, your Majesty Overlord"
When the fox takes her leave he focused back to Commander Steele awaiting further instructions.
He was a bit startled as Commander Tigermark called out to Steele and stepped into the tent but didn´t let it show on his face.
He was just happy that he probably would go to the lair soon and beginn his new work under the Overlord
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Steele Wed May 28, 2014 4:50 am

Fox smiled and inclined her head to Chiria giving a subtle bow to the Rat. "Thank you, Doctor." She took the SD card from Chiria and looked at it appraisingly before glancing at Shard for a mere second, before turning her attention back to Chiria. "Wrap it up and send it to the morgue, I won't torture you further in this little corner." She gave the doctor a smile. "I really appreciate your work, Doctor Naochi, When things are settled I'd like to make an appointment with you, I'll send the details on your tablet." She slipped the SD card into her pocket.

"I'll be sure Darius sees this as well, I'm interested in your observations, You're welcome to come back with me on the ferry once I've chosen the recruits that will be coming back with me. We can discuss your findings then once I've had the chance to review the tape." She gave another bow and exited, zipping the pocket containing the SD card so she wouldn't loose it and making her way to Research and development.

Meanwhile Darius was happy to see Tigermark return. "Her majesty wants the troops assessed and lined up within the hour after we've put them through more PT, I.. apparently... need to return to Base opps to check on their progress, so sorry I can't stick around but I leave the troops to your capable hands."

He beckoned Sunday to follow him back to Base opps, The commander was looking rather stressed suddenly but it was mostly dread for what was coming. Fox's inspection would be exacting, and scrutinizing and he wanted to have at least a good chunk ready to ship out.
Darius Steele
Darius Steele

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Wed May 28, 2014 6:05 am

Tigermark came to attention and saluted smartly as Darius and Sunny left the tent.

"Yes sir. See you in an hour, General, Lieutenant."

After they left, the tiger turned to recruits.  

"Recruit Mahlonne, report."  

And then with a grin, "How'd it go?"

And briefly before Keir could reply, "Also, how far in PT did you get? We'll need a formation run for Recruit Tamara, and then we'll get your lance certifications out of the way. You all do recall how to hold and present lance, correct? Oh, Recruit Tamara, I think you'll be getting the crash course in handling a shock lance."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Wed May 28, 2014 11:05 am

After the Overlord left the tent Shard relaxed. He had seen the Overlord in person and she had looked at him! Only for a second true but still. With his cleaning work finished he began packing up his cleaning equipment and once that was done he headed for the tent flap. As he opened it he turned to Dr. Naochi "It was a pleasure to meet you Doctor." With that he left the tent and made his way back to the Base Ops tent smiling all the way. Once he reached the tent he made sure to get changed back into his recruit uniform and wrote out a cleaning report for General Steele. With that done he stood outside the tent ready to stand at attention for when the general arrived.
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Wed May 28, 2014 11:39 am

Sunny listened to the two officers for a few moments, deciding she didn't need to say anything to them at the moment. Her head was rather spinning on the inside, knowing that the recruits were all to be assessed and inspected by the Overlord herself.

As Commander Steele took his leave and beckoned the marten to follow, she gave Commander Tigermark a little salute. On her way out of the tent, she made eye contact with her friends inside the tent and flashed them a reassuring smile, a clear indication that she wished them all good luck. She wasn't sure they'd need as much luck as they did just to keep doing a good job, though. It was going to be quite the lunch break chat, she was sure!

With a somewhat less that military finger wave, she finally scurried after Commander Steele toward Base Ops, this was a busy day indeed. Catching up to the Commander, she perked her ears up at him, "Were you expecting her majesty to come today? I... er... sorry... it just looked like you were a bit surprised."

She also paused slightly, swallowing hard, "Is there anything I might have missed yesterday that I'll need to know if she's inspecting everyone? I know you promoted me, but I'm still kind of just a new recruit..." She fidgeted a bit, hoping she was going to be up to snuff in the sight of Overlord Fox.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next