Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 23 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Astralin Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:33 am

Looked to Tamara smiling back, "I've never tried to hunt like that always have with a bow or traps. Never with knives sounds rather difficult actually."
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 23 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Tygon Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:56 am

Mikia's ears perked as she listened to the conversation while checking the pile of belongings she had brought. "Some of my sisters tried that once, I think," she commented. "Hunting the old style. I could never develop a taste for it. Hunting in general I mean. I'm more than happy to let others do that. I'm kinda male that way," she added with a wink.

Tygon

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:42 am

"Never did try the natural method of hunting my self, always preferred my bow or rifle." She shrugged rummaging through her bag for something, keeping her ears perked towards the conversation.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:48 pm

Tam chuckled and looked at Mikia. "Lions," she said with an exaggerated and quite playful comedic sigh and head shake.

Then she looked at Jax. "You should try it, at least, to hunt without any other weaponry than what you have naturally. There is a certain thrill to it that is not found in anything else, at least not in my experience. And, after all, that is how our ancestors found their food, before they became sapient."

Before finally turning towards Whitetail. "I would be very interested in seeing you hunt using the natural method, but I wonder if you could be very efficient at it. Not that I doubt your hunting skills, but I'm just thinking that, given your size, you'd probably be more easily spotted from afar by a potential prey."
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:40 pm

Tigermark looked Whitetail over briefly.

"Tactics and timing. I'd say a feline taur would be good at scoping out their prey, and then have enough speed to run down about anything she'd want to go after. And no, the military doesn't do the hunting. Some of the Base Ops personnel work as trainers and handlers for the hunters. "
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:11 am

Jess looked up from her bag glancing between Tamara and Tigermark, "Not really sure if I'd be good at it or not." She hefted her bag back to her shoulder "I'll stick to my rifles though."
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:09 am

Tamara nodded at Tigermark's comment. "Good points, Commander," she said.

"Well, you'll need to load them with tranquillizer darts or something alike, given the non-lethal weapon rule in effect here," she said to Whitetail.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:14 am

Jess shook her head smiling a little sadly "I don't have any of my rifles with me, there all with a friend back home. I miss the things, I built most of them myself." She sighed her usual confident grin returning, "But I guess it's time to move on, though that's an idea, less than lethal ammo could be useful."
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Stretched his arms upward weaving his fingers together and leaned back causing a subtle series of pops to run down his spine. "It'd be very interesting to see a taur hunt like a feral, I mean if you are stealthy and quick with your actions then your size doesn't really matter. As the commander said timing is a big part of hunting. Though I suppose if there are already handlers and trainers along with the semi-feral hunters the island will be freshly stored with food."

Jax turned to Tigermark, "Commander, will there be any weapon training or sessions where we can keep skills such as ours sharp? Since there is a non-lethal policy in effect?"
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:34 am

"Those in the military train with what we call shock lances. Those are long poles with two prongs at the end that can deliver a stunning shock. That is about the extent of official weaponry. Once on Aukate', you'll have enough time off to practice on your own, or go back home to visit and practice whatever there. Sparring, martial arts practice, things such as that are encouraged as part of keeping in shape."

Tigermark was enjoying talking with the recruits, but he was beginning to wonder what was occupying Darius so long in his tent.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:51 pm

"So does that mean I could keep my rifles and other things once I'm finished here at boot camp?" Jess asked as she looked to the commander again crossing her arms
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:40 pm

"Not on Aukate', or any official place in the Overlord's service. I'm sorry, but you'll have to keep them at your former home and go there on your time off if you want to stay in practice with them. Same goes for any non-official weaponry, again anything larger than utilitarian knives."

Tigermark delivered that statement with a neutral finality, his ears up and his tail still.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:54 am

"Well damn." She sighed her shoulders dipping a bit in disappointment. "It's understandable though, don't need any one going crazy with any type of weapon."
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:04 pm

"Makes sense. Besides, it's not like we already have built-in weapons," she said with a grin, just enough to show the tip of her fangs.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:10 am

Tigermark grinned and gave the tigress a quick wink.

"Right, sharp teeth, ten daggers on top, and ten below. Still, the non-lethality policy is still in effect. The consequences for breaking it, except for the most extreme cases of self-defense, are very severe."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygon Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:43 am

"Well, I hope you'll let me keep my scissors and razors," Mikia commented, still rummaging through her stuff. "I'll promise I'll use them as non-lethally as I can," she added, chuckling softly to herself.

The lioness continued searching through her luggage, eventually letting out a loud "Aha!" From deep within the pile of bags and trunks she produced a thick book in which, after letting herself drop to the ground, leaned against her belongings, she proceeded to read in.

Tygon

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:34 am

looked back at Mikia, "Well i doubt you a trained professional will commit an act of hair based murder." he chuckled which abruptly stopped at her exclamation eying the book, "Must be a good read i take it?"
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:50 am

"Don't worry, Commander. The non-lethality rule has been well understood and will be respected unless in the most dire and life-threatening situations.

"A hair stylist without her tools of the trade is not much of a hair stylist," commented Tam, before looking at the book, equally interested into it's subject.

She also glanced at the tent quickly, wondering what was taking so long for the General to come and greet them. While the conversation with everyone, the Commander included, was nice and fun, standing there like a potted plant was beginning to get tiring.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygon Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:30 pm

Mikia chuckled at the idea of hair-based murder. "There is a lot I can do with just a comb and some gel. Heck, a couple of fingers will do in a pinch, but there are things I just can't do without scissors. Cutting hair, for example," she said, smiling at Tamara before raising the book. "This? Pride and Prejudice. Not quite what I had imagined..."

Tygon

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Jess looked about glancing over to see what Mikia was reading, before she turned back to sorting through her things curious as to when they would start being called in.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Stretched, bent, and twisted he was used to sitting or standing for extended periods of time, but he wasn't sure what kind of subject to jump to now, "Pardon me asking, but does the commander normally take this long to process an individual... if process is the correct term, and if not maybe we should check on him just to be sure that he's alright."
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:11 pm

"Never heard of it," said Tam to Mikia as she raised her book. Then the tigress looked at Jax, then at Tigermark and the tent where the general was. "Good question and good suggestion, I would say..." she said, her voice trailing a bit.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:57 am

Tigermark rotated his ear toward General Steele's tent while still observing the recruits.

"Hmmm, from the sound of it, the General is busy on his tablet. Sometimes it takes a while, especially when he's here on Kua Kua and something comes up at the L, er, the Citadel. The start of the day can be pretty hectic. I'm sure he'll start calling you in as soon as he can. For now, relax and stay close. And thank you all, it's nice to just have a chat once in a while."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:08 pm

"Its been a pleasure Commander." Jess looked up from her bag giving the tiger a smile, "Glad we've made your morning interesting."
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:31 pm

"Thanks to you as well, Commander," said Tamara with a soft smile.

Her ears had perked up at his hesitation, and silently wondered what he was going to say, what the 'L' was, but she kept her question for herself for now. It was probably something that they would all learn about after being enrolled in the Empire's forces.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next