Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

+23
Darius Steele
Hector Fen
Garret Silver
Archeus
Artemis
Akkarri
Schemmer
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
KeirStryker95
Socks the Fox
Dragonwolf
Solitair
Sylvian
TheSphinx
Secateur
Tigermark
KRancourt
Rotors91
tobi3B
Shard Loren
Merrihop
Admin
27 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 9 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by KeirStryker95 Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Keir finished his cleaning and checked over every point one last time before standing up and following Eddie over to Tigermark. He passed by Razor as he was cleaning his clip rather swiftly.

"Would you like me to wait Razor?" Keir asked, looking at him. "I can if you want." Keir pulled the clip from his pocket right as Tigermark was telling Eddie how to approach him in this situation. Keir looked back at equipment in hand before waiting 'in line' behind the bat.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 9 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed)

Post by Rotors91 Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:26 am

"Huh? Oh, no need man, I'm done"

Standing up, he followed Keir to present their lances to Tigermark. "Though I won't be at all upset if yo' stuff gets seen befo' mine." Razor figured it'd be a quick look over on the tiger's end, as the wolf had done a pretty bang up job cleaning his lance from what he had seen.
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:56 am

"Right then. I guess it is up to the Commander then," Keir whispered to Razor as they approached. Indeed it would be hopefully fast on their parts. Keir was getting pretty hungry having missed breakfast this morning as he woke up late and didn't have time to eat. His stomach growled at the thought of food.

"Not now, please. I know you're hungry, but please just wait until after the Commander sees us. I don't need for him to hear you," Keir thought to himself and readied his stuff, looking over it one last time and blowing the already collecting dust from the dirt with which they walked on.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:09 am

Angus lifted his head when Keir asked him if he wanted a look over. He was so deep in thoughts and in the habit of cleaning that he missed a lot of the conversation beforehand. He stands up and got in line behind Razor so the commander could check his lance.
" Nah Keir I cleaned it and I want that the commander have the first look so if he spots a mistake I know what to make better next time"
Cleaned clip in one hand and the cleaned lance in another he waited to be his turn.
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 9 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2

Post by DeanFox Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:19 pm

… Looking away from the drawing to look at the Vixen as she apparently finds a brilliant idea then back to the table I chose and the interesting looking objects that reside upon it including a ray gun on the corner.  I probably should have chosen a drafting table but as everything I've designed has been on napkins.  Focus please trying to get back on task, and to come up with anything else as the others begin to show their work to Bane, for critiquing.  I think I held back the nervousness upon looking at her this morning, after all on Noema the only time you see “Ferals” is when they are “attacking the village.”  You had friends that were Feral, though they didn't talk nearly as well as Lady Bane does.  The only reason they were nice was the “law of the pack” the big dog is the leader and for a while that was me.  Keeping them away from the bad element was never going to work as they lived with them, and once they got big enough to knock me over and figured out the difference between height and size… that’s it!  She’s bigger than I am, or at least taller if she would stand up.  Looking at the doodle of my idea, “oof” you sure did forget briefly drawing an ambulance roof line on the Cadillac before deciding against it. This is going to look bad spending all this time to come up with blank page. turning to the next sheet to have a fresh start, or more acculturate a blank mind again. Clear you mind man and think, non lethal, betterment of all, and the answer is blank. Sitting here defeated scanning the table I can’t help but eyeball the ray gun, a bunny ray?  They must have some kind of bunnies here to need those, well seeing as how people like to shoot me with things due to my cross hairs, and rabbit ears I might as well hear what that sounds like so I know to run and I reach out with my pencil to poke it.  probably best to just leave the thing alone and point it away from me, next thing I know there’s this big noise, a bright flash from the ray, and I’m falling off my chair to the ground.

Last edited by DeanFox on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:28 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : continuity error)
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Garran was enjoying the quiet peace filled with the thin rasping of pencils, looking around. The old snow leopard was still talking with Lady Bane. Apparently he drifted into science fiction. A bit of a smile appeared on Garran’s mouth. The man was audacious, and Garran liked that: the best ideas come from daring… and even if you fail you still have gained something in the process. Who knew what thoughts, what schemes were spinning in the others’ heads? They all seemed so focused…

A sudden flash on his side caught him off guard and almost made him falling from the chair, along with a zap and a whizz like something suddenly discharged. He turned to see what happened, but the only thing he saw, where the other fox sat a moment before, was a pen rolling off the table.
The epitome of the metaphorical “smoking boots”.
Garran raised and saw on the floor a light brown bunny with the most shocked face ever, looking back at him.

He took a bit to elaborate what happened, looking from the rabbit to the ray gun on the table and back to the rabbit a few times, with an eyebrow raised; then he smiled, his smile became a broad grin, and finally Garran exploded in a loud laugh.
“Oh, man, you should see your face!” Garran exclaimed, hanging on the table to catch his breath.
“… sorry, I’m…” and another attack of laughter raised, preventing him to talk “… I… I mean, I shouldn’t laugh of others’ accidents. I mean no offense.”
He recomposed himself and regained a bit of dignity. “Come here” Garran said to the rabbit…fox…whatever, lifting him and putting him back on the table. “Hope this isn’t permanent.”
Garran paused a bit. “Well, you could still work in R&D anyway…” he grinned. “…sorry” he added immediately seeing the rabbit’s disappointed face.
He then turned his attention to the gun.
“Hey” he exclaimed “someone has to give me a new definition of sci-fi!”
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Training Begins -Day 2 (Thread Closed) - Page 9 Empty Re: Training Begins -Day 2

Post by DeanFox Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:27 pm

“Hey neat,” looking up through my uniform collar. ”, a shrink ray.”, wait shouldn’t my uniform have shrunk too?  Looking around at the others in the room then at my reflection in the overturned stool nearby a bunny?  Self-preservation even kicked in, I was only turning it away from me as the rule of any firearm is never point it at anything you don’t want destroyed.  Finding myself being lifted back onto the table by the now laughing winged Lion with the mechanical arm.  Answering him back “Me too.” Or rather trying to answer back would be helpful if my voice wasn’t acting up. “Sci-fi indeed.” Managing a little crawl towards him from the center of the table. “Hi my name is…” My voice isn’t acting up it’s gone entirely managing a "cry" in panic

Last edited by DeanFox on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deserved demerits)
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:25 am

As he was waiting for the bat to process what he'd said and report properly, Tigermark caught a flash of light from over in the R&D section. Long experience with R&D's sometimes quirky experiments made him drop into a crouch. The military recruits, who were all facing him, just looked at him curiously. Spying what had happened he had to stifle a laugh. It wouldn't be too funny to the poor unfortunate soul who'd caused the flash. He stood back up and addressed the recruits before him.

"Recruits, as a lesson, anytime you're around anything R&D is doing, and you see a bright flash, duck! The flash you saw that caused me to drop into a crouch was caused by one of the R&D recruits discovering exactly what the Lapine Converter Mark XII does. The slang term for that particular weapon is the 'Bunny' Ray. If you'll look, you'll see the effects, as one of his fellows has just lifted the 'victim' up onto his drafting table. I tell you this NOT so you can make fun of him. I catch anyone doing that today and you'll be lapping the camp until this time tomorrow. Later on, when someone does something like this, some good-natured ribbing is expected, but in this environment, we don't want it to get out of hand. I pointed it out to show you to always be aware of what's going on, and especially around R&D, as it is not uncommon for their experiments and inventions to cause, ah, unexpected results."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:09 am

Angus turned as Tigermark explained why he suddenly crouched he saw a lion with wings lift a bunny from the ground and put it on a table. He beginns to snicker as he heart the explaining from the commander why he always should keep an eye on the R&D department. His snicker increased as he saw the face the bunny was making.
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:39 am

There was a roar of anger as Bane swooped in with a fury and wrenched the rabbit from the desk. Holding the creature inher mouth she snarled and carried him to a cage behind your desk. "DO NOT EVER TOUCH THINGS THAT DO NOT BELONG TO YOU IN THIS TENT DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR! WHO TOLD YOU YOU COULD SIT HERE? THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER CLEAN DESKS! TWENTY DEMERITS! YOU'LL BE CLEANING THE LATRINES!" she scowled and turned on everyone else in the tent all of her fur bristled. " well what are you all staring at? Get... back... TO WORK!! I want to see FEASIBLE inventions!" She snarled at each in turn and finally at Gu Jaio. "I already made my suggestions, if you are in psychology and sociological feilds, why not focus on therapy." It was clear she was absolutely furious. She made her way back to the cage on her desk, grabbed it in her teeth and exited the tent, her fur still very fluffed.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:54 am

Darius smiled at sunny. "You missed the part where the rocks should have been rounded and flat but that is something I honestly expected you to miss. Excellent work miss Sunday, we'll make a grand scout out of you yet." Darius turned suddenly, hearing Bane from his position near the chimenticore roost and no doubt Sunny heard it too. A few moments later Bane stalked by, furiously lashing her tail. Darius sighed. "Wolfbane? what happened?" "Somemoronusedthebunnyrayonhimselfiampunishinghim." Darius gave a small groan.

"Miss sunday I have a favor to ask of you? I need you to go to my tent and fetch my tablet. It sould be in one of the top drawers. And on your way back stop at the mess hall and fetch yourself a nice snack, and if you see something I might like I'd appreciate you bringing that as well, fruit will do nicely."

He rubbed his temples and gave a heavy sigh as he walked over to the research and development Tent. "Ladies and Gentlemen, for the time being your ah... officer... is indesposed. Please let this be a firm reminder that unless you are otherwise told to, do not touch the samples of our technology on the table. They are for observational and demonstrational purposes only, I don't know how one of you got so close as to activate one, but rest assured we do not take abuse of these devices lightly no matter how harmless they may seem. Thirty demerits await you should you choose not to heed this advice and you will join your hapless comrade in cleaning the entireity of the camp from floor to ceiling."

He scanned the room and gave another sigh. "I am calling upon a colleauge of mine from the main lair and he should be joining us shortly. He is recovering from quite a bit of stress as of late so please do go easy on him. He will be assessing your projects today whilst lady Bane takes care of business and informs her Majesty of this.... mishap."

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:06 am

As he saw Lady Bane beginning to vent her feelings on the mishap, Tigermark noticed Recruit O'Brown snickering. He stepped past the bat to be face to face with the bear when he turned back around. He gave a low growl to get the bear's attention.

"Recruit O'Brown," the tiger said in a low, growling voice. "Are you that amused by the misfortune of a fellow recruit? He is in service to the Overlord, as you are. I'm sure you'll screw up here before the training is done, as all of you will. It's part of it. Would you want someone laughing at you while you were a rabbit and a very large feral Dire Wolf dragged you around like that particular one is about to have happen? Eyes front and center, Let's have a look at your lance. NOW, recruit!"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:26 am

Sunny was in the middle of beaming proudly at the praise when the uproar took place. Her ears perked in surprise and she gaped at the angry wolf stalking by with... did she say that was a recruit in that cage?! Her eyes darted up at the commander curiously, evident she was just a bit startled by the sudden turn of events.

Processing her new instructions quickly, she nodded, quietly appreciating the suggestion of a snack. She was starving, "Yes sir. I'll be happy to help, sir."

Once he headed toward the R&D tent, the marten was off to fetch his tablet from his own tent. She handled it very delicately, not certain how sensitive it was. It was more sophisticated than she had seen before, and she didn't want to risk breaking it. That line of thinking drove her to trot quickly to her own tent to snatch a small backpack out of her trunk. She tucked the tablet into it and then made her way to the mess.

Looking over the variety of food, Sunny homed in on the fruit for Commander Steele first. She gathered some star fruit, a few mango slices, some pineapple, and an apple, certain at least one would be suitable. She also gathered herself a bit of pineapple, as well as some candied beetles, and a grasshopper cookie. She wondered for a moment if maybe she had gone overboard, but then her stomach rumbled and she chuckled, realizing most of it wouldn't go to waste. She tucked a couple of bottles of cold water in the side pocket of her backpack before heading over to the R&D tent with the tray.

She had missed Darius' statement to the recruits present, but once she set the tray down on an empty table, she took out the tablet and went over to stand nearby for a quiet moment before offering it to him, smiling softly, "Commander, I brought your tablet. I wasn't sure what else you'd like, so I may have overdone it... Don't worry though, I doubt it'll go to waste... My Dad says I'm like him, small but all stomach."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:35 am

Angus gulped " Yes Sir "He stood straight and offered the commander the clip in one hand and the lance in another " Lance ready for inspection Sir. Sorry Sir I didn´t mean any offence. I try my best not to let it happen again Sir."
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:02 am

While shard was out in the jungle digging up some vegetables he had found to put in his bag for his assignment he heard a very loud roar and he was startled so bad he had dropped the veggies he had been holding in his hand. "What the hell was that?" he said to no one in particular...looking around he saw a bird perched in a tree looking at him. "I don't suppose that was you was it? Or some kind of predator out here?" The bird just chirped at him and flew off. After that he had bagged his veggies, then he saw that his bag was nearly full and he had another half hour to go, so he set off again, this time keeping his eyes on the trees and the plants watching for more food stuffs to collect, as well as what ever it was that made the blood chilling roar.

Last edited by Shard Loren on Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:59 pm

Socks wrapped up the sketch she was working on, scooted back in her chair a bit and admired her work. She was just preparing to gather it up and go turn it in when suddenly things happened. A bright flash, a bunch of scampering, and a very angry Bane leaving with what once was a recruit in a cage and Socks was left confused as to what just happened and with nobody to turn her work in to.

Suddenly, the Commander showed up and gave a little talk about not touching things that don't belong to us, and something about demerits. Socks didn't know what all a demerit entailed, but the way it sounded the fewer she got the better. When the Commander mentioned another officer would be here shortly Socks decided to take the time to at least try to improve the aesthetics of her design. What she had was the minimum needed to get her idea across, and to say it didn't look pretty was an understatement.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Keir Just watched in horror and awe as the scene played out. Noticing the uproar given by the very angry Bane, he made mental notes to very aware around R&D as per Commander Tigermark's instructions. He watched the wolf take a cage with something cowering inside off to another area, he heard Angus snickering and saw Tigermark step up to him.

"Uh oh. This isn't going to be good," Keir thought, taking a step back. He looked over at Razor to see his reaction when Keir noticed Sunny running across the camp, food bag in one hand, and something that appeared to be a metallic slab with a screen. Turning back to the Commander before him, he waited until Tigermark approved Angus' lance so that Keir could step forward.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Tigermark grabbed the lance from the bear and began his inspection, turning it up to inspect the grip, butt cap, clip recess, and on-off collar. He then deftly flipped it around and inspected the prongs and contacts with a practiced eye. Finally he returned the lance to the recruit and took the clip. After a quick inspection of its contacts and condition, he returned that also.

"Not bad, Rookie. You missed the seam between the on-off collar and the grip. Take a brush to that and then go rack your lance and place the clip in the charger."

The tiger's voice now took on the low growl again. Not loud, but deep and penetrating.

"As to the other, yes it was funny, but there's a time and place for laughing at it, and as I said, now is not it. When you're done, one lap of the camp, fast as you can. Then standby, we still have PT to do before lunch. Dismissed."

The tiger stepped back around in front to allow the other three to report for inspection, watching neutrally as Lady Bane stormed off with the unfortunate recruit now in a cage.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Keir nervously approached the Commander. "Sir, Recruit Mahlonne reporting for lance inspection," Keir said rather loudly after the silence from the commotion. He stepped up and put his hands out for Tigermark to take the equipment and look it over.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:33 pm

"Yes Sir" he takes the lance and beginns to brush the seams on the ON-Off collar and the grip. fter he finished his core he put the lance back in the rack and placed the clip in the charger as instructed. He then began to run around the camp cursing himself a bit. Yes it was funny but he should have chuckled later. After he finished his lap he came back where the commander and his comrades are standing. He stood at attention a bit out of breath waiting for the PT to beginn.
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Secateur Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:28 pm

He had just about enough time to get annoyed with himself for not following protocol, before the bright flash had derailed Eddie's thoughts entirely. Clearly, the stories about the Overlord's forces being technologically advanced were in no way exaggerated. It was impossible, but it happened anyway, and he almost forgot what he were about to do before Angus got in trouble for snickering. The line of recruits had become jumbled, so Eddie approached Tigermark when no one else were having their lance inspected. Looking as serious as he could, he stood to attention, and said: "Sir! Recruit Nielsen reporting as ordered! My lance is ready for inspection!" holding lance and clip as before.

Again, he realized how different boot camp was from his former life. Which was one of the reasons for him to join, he just had to get used to it.
Secateur
Secateur

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Garran followed Lady Bane with his eyes as she walked away, and grabbed his hands behind his back.
“So, that was a heck of a way to avoid questions.”
His smile disappeared. He was a bit disappointed. Well, a bit more than disappointed. First of all, he still didn’t know the fully extension of the Overlord’s technology. But that would be soon cleared anyway, so it wasn’t a problem. The real thing that annoyed him was that someone left a weapon loaded and free to use.
Better than being annoyed, he was scared. Judging from the fox’s uniform, that thing wasn’t supposed to work with inorganic materials. If the gun was facing the opposite way when it fired, the beam would have caught him instead. And with the amount of metal in his body he would simply have been torn apart.
They could call him paranoic, but he survived a few too many lab accidents to remain calm in such a situation.
Hopefully nobody noticed how his fur fluffed at the flash.

Garran didn’t have time to recriminate much, though, as Commander Steele stepped into the tent to talk to them. Well, at least it seemed they were going to know more people.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by KRancourt Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:16 am

Areta nodded to the bear as he checked in, squelching another 'reply to' message that popped up on her tablet. She was going to have words with the person who started that spam-storm as soon as she got back to the Lair. "Avery," she repeated. "Welcome. I'll be with you shortly."

She watched as the two recruits retrieved their bags and struck out into the jungle. Nature was generous on the Calendar Islands, but she also had her sense of humor. Areta found herself wondering what sorts of pranks  the island had in store for them. Holstering her tablet, she started toward the mess tent herself, pulling back the flap and pausing before weaving through the organized chaos of breakfast clean-up and lunch prep.

"Malinovsky," she called to a large gray feline who was arms-deep in soapy water. "I'll need you in about an hour. Report to me in the dining section."

Green eyes blinked at the summons, and the cat turned to look at her. He was a good foot taller than she, and muscled like a panther, but it was clear she outranked him and he knew it. "Yes ma'am," he replied, an oddly Russian accent coloring the words, before resuming his duties washing the morning's cookware.

Satisfied, Areta made her way back out to the training ground to await her charges' return.

KRancourt

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:50 am

Commander Tigermark's crouch had been missed by Razor, who'd flinched and ducked behind Keir when the flash of light erupted from the R&D tent. After a few seconds, he worked up enough nerve and personal embarrassment to peek around the wolf to see just what had happened, partially listening to the Commander's explanation of the situation. The large dire wolf was yelling rather loudly at some....rabbit? Wait, no, that was a recruit turned rabbit. This boot camp just went from relatively normal, to just plain weird.

"I don't wanna be on the wrong side of that thing, sheesh".  His statement was referring to the laser beam, but he could have easily been referring to the very angry Bane currently carting off the rabbit recruit to goodness knows where. In a cage no less! At some point or other, Sunny must have returned as he spotted her briefly. However, his attention was soon grabbed by the rather humbling chewing out Angus was getting from Tigermark.

He felt pretty bad for his friend, knowing just how that felt, but Angus was taking it pretty well from the looks of it and the commander wasn't being unreasonable in his chastisement. It was then he noticed that Keir was looking at him and his own face burned with mile embarrassment. Coughing awkwardly, he backed from behind the black wolf, taking sudden interest in his lance and clip.

"That was, uh, a pretty spontaneous light show, eh, Keir?"
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by DeanFox Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:14 am

Okay just take your medicine thankfully you only shot yourself in the face. Let them punish you, you earned it whole heatedly. Sitting there in the cage looking out as they begin to address the rest of the recruits. Instantly Bane is back upon me and off we go swinging back and forth in the cage, she’s… well I don’t think I’ll even get a bruise. Walking past General Steel and Sunny "Somemoronusedthebunnyrayonhimselfiampunishinghim.” somehow that doesn't even cut it and off we go again. She even told you to get seated at a drafting table, why must I play with things.
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next