Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 5 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by TheSphinx Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:25 pm

“While you decide, I think I have one last thing to do. I have to report to a certain Sylvian at R&D. I’ll see you later”. Garran smiled again, grabbed a second uniform and left the three, maybe a little faster than courtesy would allow.

Once out of the tent he sighed silently. Bad memories.

‘Now, where’s R&D tent?’
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 5 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Merrihop Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:29 pm

Sunny smiled warmly and shook her head, reaching out a dark brown hand to shake the one offered by Garran, "Oh no it wasn't a big explosion or anything. I just happened to be looking in the right direction and saw a flash. When no one panicked it seemed harmless enough."

She tilted her head and watched him go, hoping he'd find where he needed to be quickly enough. He sure seemed to be in a hurry.

Her ear pivoted toward Angus and Keir and she nodded approvingly, "You guys look pretty sharp! And you practically read my mind. I'm starving!"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwolf Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Stepping lightly onto the gangplank off the small inter-island transport ship that brought him, steven paused momentarily to turn and activate a small switch on the side of the footlocker behind him. As he walked away from it, the footlocker emitted a series of whirs and clicks and started to follow him, rolling along the ground on 4 small wheels.

Stepping out of the way of traffic, sop no one ran into him, Steven leaned against the dock's safety rail and took a moment to look out over the water. hearing a few exclamations of surprise, he turned and saw his locker trundling off without him. "HEY!! HEY!! Get back here," he shouted and chased after it, "Nonononono, stop! re-sync, re-sync." He stabbed a button on his bracelet repeatedly until the runaway footlocker turned and started following him again. muttering to himself about coding and interference, he looked around and saw that all the recruits were headed for the front of a tent labeled Officers. Following the crowd, Steve lined up, placed his footlocker in standby mode and waited his turn to see the commander for lodging and assignment.

Dragonwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Secateur Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:35 pm

Eddie slowed down to a more leisurely pace before approaching the group, which turned out be someone else entirely. They were nonetheless pleasant people, but as they had other things to do, he didn't talk to them for long. Afterwards, he was unsure where to go. He considered the possibility that Miss Sunday was currently one of the people running laps, but Eddie didn't want to exercise unbidden, and decided to forget about it. Instead, he found his tent, and deposited his bag. Since it was still daylight left, he started looking at the signs around the camp to familiarize himself with it.

Among other things, the signs pointed to a place where uniforms where being handed out. Eddie was particularly intrigued about that, because he was unsure how they'd fit a uniform on him. His current shirt was pretty much a men's halter, to fit the wings properly. He knew it could be done differently if you had the money for it, with magnets maybe, so he decided to head there.
Secateur
Secateur

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:38 pm

"Then let us hurry "he grins towards his two new friends
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:41 pm

Sunny chuckled and turned to head out of the tent, nearly colliding head first with an unfortunate bat in the process. She squeaked and stopped short, looking up the considerable distance to meet the eyes of her would-be victim, "Sorry! I didn't see you there!"

She looked awkward for a short moment, for nearly running the guy over, then smiled brightly and reached out a hand, "I'm Sunny, nice to meet you!"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:42 pm

"I third that idea!" Keir laughed and picked up his second uniform, putting it and his civilian clothes into a sack which he slung over his shoulder.

"I could really go for something on the really meaty side today," he grinned as the trio headed out of the tent.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:00 pm

He wandered for a couple of minutes. The place was getting crowded. And purple, as many more took up their uniforms and wore them with pride.
He passed by a mirror and stopped. He didn’t have the occasion to look to himself.
The uniform was beautiful. Comfortable, well made, and of a fascinating shade of purple. It clashed with his white fur, making a good contrast. He posed a bit, while good humor returned. Recruits’ uniform was nothing special, but still it was a step higher than before. Garran suddenly felt important. The natural vanity of sphinxes was surely helpful in that.

And finally R&D tent!
Garran walked in in silence and had a look around. Few people were working there. He asked one of the technicians for doctor Sylvian, but he directed Garran to the next tent.
“Ok. Thank you for the -BATTERIES!” Garran exclaimed in the general surprise. And indeed a bunch of batteries was lying on a near table. He rustled on his prosthetic arm and threw away the corroded one, making space for a new one.
“Oh, YES!” he exclaimed again, flexing the metallic arm for the first time since he was on the island. “I missed you, fingers!”
And went away happy, thrumming slowly with the left hand, leaving the technicians puzzled.

‘So the next tent is… medical tent?’
He entered in that one.
“Excuse me? I think I have to report to doctor Sylvian” said.
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Secateur Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:03 pm

"Hi, I'm Eddie, nice to meet you too! And no worries." He took her hand and smiled back to Sunny. "Wow, you three look good in uniform. I have to get me one of those." He turned is attention to the group and offered his hand to the other two. "Hi, I'm Eddie. I'm new here, arrived just today. Trying out for the military branch".
Secateur
Secateur

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:07 pm

Socks finished up her laps slowly and uneventfully, chatting with Devon and some others that were doing laps as part of their routine. Through some of the other recruits she learned of the different departments and what they do, and spent the jog thinking about where to sign up.

Once done, she made her way to one of the tables with some water bottles, and after quenching her dry-as-a-desert tongue and throat made her way back to the Officer's tent for what to do next. "That's probably where we're heading next," she said to Devon as she got in line at the officer's tent, "but I'd rather be sure than assume." She added with a smile, "You know what they say about assuming."
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:10 pm

The approach of another recruit drew Razor's attention from quoll in front of him. The newcomer was a canine with silver whitish fur and black markings...along with an interesting shade of red on his head and muzzle. Kind fiery looking. The rolling....thing at his side was new...at least for Razor.

He turned to face the shorter recruit, green eyes looking at the...thing with interest.

"Is that your...what is that?" He gestured a web finger at the machine before glancing towards the wolf with a light smirk on his face, "You too good for a regular suitcase?"
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:15 pm

"Nice to meet you Eddie. I'm Keir Mahlonne. It's also my first day on the island as well. And thank you for the compliment," Keir smiled and shook Eddie's outstretched hand.

"This is getting better and better," he thought to himself. "It doesn't seem like there is anybody who I won't get along with."

"I am going into either the military branch or as a merchant on the island. Whatever they place me in should be cool."
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Sunny smiled more brightly at the compliment on their uniforms fitting them, "Aw thanks! They're so comfortable too! And they planned for almost every body shape. I don't know how they manage it!"

When he mentioned his intended branch, she smiled, "I have no idea if they'll want me in military or not. I'm hoping to help with scouting operations and such. But if they just need a messenger, I'm happy to help. Commander Steele seems very nice. I can't wait for tomorrow's assignments!"

She did fidget, a bit, wondering if she'd make a good impression when the time came to display her skills, but she twitched a golden ear and smiled again anyway. It was far too exciting for her to stay worried for long.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwolf Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Glancing at the recruit in line ahead of him, Steven smirked. "it's a footlocker. it stores my stuff. Why should I have a suitcase that I have to haul myself and probably doesn't have room for all my gear?" Steven pressed a combination into the lock pad on the locker, and the lid opened itself with a small beep on small hydraulic pistons revealing an array of tools, gauges and other nearly unidentifiable equipment. less than a third of the space was actually filled with personal effects, the rest looked like a portable engineering lab.

Dragonwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Secateur Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:50 pm

"We might meet again at the training tomorrow, then. I'll have to get me a uniform so I can match you properly! See you later!". Eddie then entered the tent, as he waved to Sunny, Angus and Keir.
Secateur
Secateur

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:56 pm

Sunny smiled, nodding softly, "Sure! I think we're heading off to get some food, so if you're hungry, maybe we'll see you around! I'm sure you'll be outfitted in no time!"

She glanced at her other companions, then twitched her ears happily, "So, shall we?"

She had a feeling there would be no objection, so she turned and looked until she spied the mess tent, and nodded them that way, "I hope they have cicadas..."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:58 pm

Shard had finished his five laps around the training course and quenched his thirst with one of the water bottles waiting for them and then decided to head over to the Officers tent to inform Commander Steele that he had finished. He entered the tent and once again stood to attention in front of the training camp commander. "Sir, I've finished the five laps you set me on, sir"

Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:05 pm

"Hey man, ain't nothing wrong with a good, old fashions suitcase" He gestured to his own, still rather soaked bags, "....They just need to make them water proof and I'll be golden"

With an impressed whistle, Razor scanned over the variety of devices inside the portable locker...and he was pretty sure he didn't know what half the stuff was. Biological sciences he could sort of grasp, but when it came to any forms of mechanical engineering he was at a loss. He could, however, appreciate a person's ability to build such amazing devices.

"Dang man, that some pretty legit merchandise...I'm guessin' you built this contraption yourself huh?"
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:06 pm

"Good, now get in the back of the line." He shooed Shard out and beckoned the Quoll inside. He brushed over his files and found hers, opening it up and thumbing through it. "Welcome to Kua'kua, my dear. Says here you're an Aukate native. Care to tell me a bit about yourself before I give you your assignment?"

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwolf Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:18 pm

"waterproof huh?" Steven pulled out and set aside several devices before pulling out an unlabeled aerosol bottle. "when you get your tent assignment, dry your bags out turn them inside out and fully coat them with this." he handed the shark the bottle. "it's a variant on the stuff they sell in sporting goods stores, but this one actually works."

Glancing at the wheels, he nodded "Yeah, well, technically the think tank I used to work for came up with most of the components, I just put them together. It seemed logical."

Dragonwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:15 pm

"You serious??" He looked at the bottle before taking it from his hand, "Thanks a load man! I'll be sure to do that first thing". If this stuff worked, the wolf would be cool in his book for a long time coming. Then the wolf made a pretty interesting statement.

"....Think tank? The heck is a think tank?"

A flash of white fur distracted him from his conversation as he watched a white fox push into the tent...by passing the entire line! He opened his mouth to protest, but it wasn't even seconds later that the vulpine was pushed out again and the quoll was beckoned inside. He barely held back a snort, finding the spectacle pretty humorous.

The recruits he'd seen running earlier were in line at this point, mostly likely waiting for their assignments as well. The tall fox female was kinda cute, and the short racoon by her side wasn't half bad either. But, socialization time would follow later, as he just wanted to get his assignment, get his uniform, and get some food.
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by KRancourt Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:18 pm

The camp was all abustle around Areta as she waited patiently outside the Officers' tent. The Lair was only marginally quieter than this; everyone with their assignments and duties made the base like an anthill on a larger scale. She amused herself with this daydream, pretending to be reviewing something on her tablet, until a voice directed at her brought her out of her thoughts.

"'Scuse me, miss? You waitin' in line?"

Her brown eyes focused quickly on the newcomer; spotted and muscular and more than a bit damp, clearly aquatic. A stray thought said he saved a fortune on boat-fare, and she let the smile at that thought slip through to her face. "I am," she answered. "Looks like the General's making quick work of our files today."

Her comment trailed off at a commotion on the path from the dock, and a canid bringing an unruly remote device to heel. Oh, R&D would love to dismantle that thing, but she suspected the owner would have something to say about that. Her companion in the queue turned to converse with the wolf, as a winged lion emerged from the tent and declared, "You're next," before walking off into the camp.

She started toward the tent-flap, before being cut off by the arctic fox she'd seen running earlier. Assuming his was an urgent errand, she paused and waited for him to come out again, smiling faintly as the General beckoned her in and drew out a hard-copy of her file. "Welcome to Kua'kua, my dear," he said, as she stood at attention before him. "Says here you're an Aukate native. Care to tell me a bit about yourself before I give you your assignment?"

"Thank you, sir, and of course," she responded. "Areta Davies, loyal servant of the Empire. Graduate of Aukate Institute, Masters of Business Administration. My service has consisted of Base Operations to date, Agrarian, Distribution, and Logistics Services in particular." She paused to give the General an opportunity to confirm her statements against her file and inquire further.

KRancourt

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:54 pm

Eventually Lexaniri would finish up her laps, taking a few moments to follow the course a little further to let her muscles relax slowly. But even after that, she continued to move for a bit while moving to rehydrate. Drinking some, but not too much too quickly. One's body can only do so much and no need to lock up. Getting relaxed after locking up isn't what she would care to do.

She sighed a bit as she stretched on her way past Commander Steele's tent to the docks. If she was being timed, she was sure it was easy to forget with all the various recruits coming in and out. She waited for a moment near the entrance to the tent and when she managed to catch his attention for a moment, "Sir, informing you I have completed my laps, before I report to the docks," she would say, pausing for any reaction.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Angewolf Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:35 am

James walked slowly off the boat and onto the Isle of Kua'Kua. He grinned looking around, loving the familiar yet different scent of this island's dock. Once slightly getting nudged from someone behind him he realized he was blocking the path off the boat. He moved out of the wait onto the grounds near all the tents. Moving towards what looked to be the recruits tent. Opening it slightly he peaked his head in speaking.

"Um... Is this the tent for new recruits?"
Angewolf
Angewolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:01 am

Darius perused her file. "Everything seems to be in order here, you'll be here for a week with me, helping anyone else whose in your department or will be put there. For the time being rest, and get yourself accustomed to the camp and its people. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, Dismissed! Tell the next one in line to come in." He raised his hand toward her to shake hers and then pulled the tent flap back. "Thank you for coming." He glanced at Lex and waved her off to the docks.

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next