Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 8 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Tigermark Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:52 am

Tigermark refocused his attention on the line of recruits, taking note of the tall, slender red fox vixen who was next in line.

"Recruit Harley, you're next. Your time on your laps is on this slip of paper. Give it to Commander Steele and....Recruit......Recruit?"

Tigermark waited, noting the vixen had not acknowledged or looked at him. Then he noticed the raccoon behind her gesturing and mouthing the word "socks" at him. Realizing the male's meaning, he tried again.

"Recruit Socks! You're next. Here is your run time, give it to Commander Steele, now step it up!"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 8 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by tobi3B Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:56 am

Angus shrugs his shoulders "Your choice " he follows the marten to where they first meet and looks as she scamers up the tree.
Hearing her words he smiles it is really beautiful here and warmer then Noema. He runs his paw over the bark of the tree and looks into the underbush.
"You are right Sunny it´s a marvelous forest."
tobi3B
tobi3B

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobi3b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:06 am

Sunny giggled, clambering up the tree a little bit further and finding a branch that reached out toward another. She hopped nimbly between the two, moving further into the growth of trees. The further from camp, the denser the jungle seemed to be, "Just imagine, this is a little island. Aukate's supposed to be a lot bigger... Just imagine the jungle..."

She climbed down the tree she'd come to and landed lightly on the ground, blinking as she realized some of the plants were up to her chin, "Oh... wow..."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:15 am

Angus tramples through the underbush where sunny is standing.
"Thick underbush ,big trees I like it here. and now I´m curious about the Overlords headquarter" he muses and ruffles through sunnys hair with a paw.
" and lots of places to explore for you " he grins down at the nimble marten.
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:32 am

Sunny flinched with a laugh at having her hair ruffled, "This is true. I bet there's lots of hiding places."

She smiled, deciding to climb back up to a low branch so she could see better over the tall plants, "The stream is over this way. That might be as far as we want to go, though. I think much further we couldn't hear the camp..."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:38 am

He tryes to hear the camp and nods " yes I can hear from here the camp and I think a bit further into the woods should be OK. I just don´t want to get into trouble for showing up to late "he moves forward towards the gurgling stream where Sunny pointed him.
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSphinx Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:30 am

Garran shook doctor Sylvian’s hand, smiling.
“That’s not a problem, sir.”

He followed the grey wolf to his desk, sitting in front of him.
So, what should he begin with?
‘Just be yourself and wish’ he said to himself. He clasped his hands together to calm down.
Suddenly he felt like being at school, in front of the teacher.
“Yes, sir. My name’s Garran White, and I come from Àperirà island.
My interests are physics and hardware engineering. I enjoy experimenting with physical laws and push them to the limits, as well as developing devices of many sorts. I tend to favor flashier and dangerous ones, since there’s no real excitement in creating something mundane. Some would say I’m a bit of a warmonger, though: weapons fall in those categories as well, and I’m no new at building them.
My knowledge is in great part self taught: most of the more advanced notions weren’t included in my school courses, but luckily being a sphinx means I’m a good learner. That also means, though, that such knowledge is a bit selective. I’m not a chemist or a biologist of sort, for example, nor a computer technician. I know what stirs my curiosity and what I need to design something: if I decide to do something that requires more than I know, I just study to fill the void.
I also studied anatomy and a bit of physiology and nervous system, when I began working on prosthetics.”
Garran waved his mechanical arm. “This is one of my creations.”
He stirred his wing a bit and accommodated better on the chair.
“That’s it. I’m happy as long as I am free to try, create, develop, experiment, innovate, make something new. To me is like playing, or solving a riddle: it satisfies me, whether I’m making a lamp or a power plant. Give me a lab and an interesting project to work on, and I can lose track of time”

((don't worry for the delay, Sylvian. Glad to know you weren't ill or something))
TheSphinx
TheSphinx

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 8 Empty Re: on the island of Kua'kua

Post by DeanFox Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:48 pm

sitting down on my footlocker to look over one more time all my information.  how they stole my Identity is beyond me, how they did it so well that I had to go to Aukate first and get arrested for being the thief.  How do you steal yourself? It's being figured out now they are aware, but why am I still shaking?  man it's nice here, suddenly looking down at his civvies. I'm still dressed for Noema!  removing his jacket for a thinner one and one of his shirts and putting them into his footlocker, that helps a lot.  looking at the objects as now, seeing as how they searched his things nothing is where it was.  folding everything nice and neat again, putting his Peppermint candies away as they are scattered everywhere, and half sure those will be considered contraband and confiscated.  getting everything "squared away" white fox has moved forward again.  locking the locker it almost has enough room to sleep in now, I'll bet when they loaded my footlocker for me they did that, although it doesn't make much sense to me why but to each ferry captain their own.  I'm probably just on edge still but... I watched them set it down.  dragging the footlocker by one handle is getting the job done but only if that job is draw attention and damage the end caps.
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:35 pm

"Yes sir." Keir replied to the officer. "We won't go missing that easily," he joked.

After turning to Sunny and Angus, he told thim that anywhere is ok with them. He followed them out to the edge of the camp where upon they found a stream.

"It is quite nice out here. I think all of this would make for some interesting 'live-action' scenes," Keir chuckled. Watching Sunny climb up the small tree with ease, he remembered his days as a child on his father's farm, and all of the trees he used to climb in order to watch over the sheep. He looked longingly up at the branches of the tree above him.

"We should still be earshot of the camp from here. I can still here Commander Steele calling out for the next recruits in line," he said swiveling a red-lined ear towards the camp.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hawkhunter35/

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:53 pm

Lexaniri seemed to be lost in thought for a few moments, almost shutting out all the commotion about the docks, the ship’s crew loading equipment and packs on and off, people coming and going, the noises coming from the camp, all of it sort of shut out while she considered where she was and what may happen.  Nothing better to do while waiting for a bite at the moment.  But then after a few moments of this her thoughts were not interrupted by a bite but by a quoll (a species she wasn’t familiar with) that seemed to have taken notice of her.  Lex turned a bit at the waist still holding the rod forward, keeping up most of the slack in the line, while she gave the quoll a half smile.

“Only a little.  I think all the traffic from the boats and the noise of those coming and going has some of the fish startled and cautious,” she said with a half grin as she tested the line once again, pulling on it slowly.  “And it could be worse, could be helping in the kitchen peeling one thing or another, or still running laps, humm?” she joked with a little chuckle.  She let her tail flick at the end, over the edge of the docks boards as she smiled a little.

“So another recruit?  What drew you here?” She asked, shifting her attention away from the rod.  She could feel a nibble better than actually see one anyway.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Sunny pivoted her ears, listening closely, and nodded. She could still make out the sounds of the camp. If the island hadn't been full of jungle, they could have strayed farther and still heard everything. Lush foliage provided a sound buffer, though, and the chorus of jungle insects threatened to interfere should they stray too far.

Sunny hopped up to get a good grip on the next branch up, pulling her small frame up to a higher position and looking around, ears pivoting. She glanced back and spied the camp through the branches, then forward again to the stream, "It looks like it's pretty clear from here to the stream, no big rocks or anything in the way."

The marten made another transition from one tree to another carefully, getting the feel of the jungle trees. If she was going to be tested, she wanted to have a better idea of what these trees could support. Once she had that down, she could move more quickly. The thought made her grin as she climbed down again to a lower branch, to stay within talking range of the two below.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwolf Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:40 pm

Arriving at the uniform tent, Steven grabbed a uniform and a spare and headed for the housing area to get settled.

After finding his tent, Steven took a few minutes to take his personal effects out and stack them neatly on his cot before heading back to the main area with his footlocker to find who he was supposed to be working for. swiftly locating the tent labeled "R&D", he ducked inside and looked around. clearing his throat he addressed the person at the bench nearest the door. "I was told I was to be working under a Sylvian. I was hoping you could point them out so that I could report in for assignment?"

Dragonwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Keir decided it was high time to try and climb a tree again, just to see if he still had it in him. He stepped towards a tree next to the one Sunny was in and made to jump. He launched himself into the air, grabbing the branch above him. Testing to see if the branch would hold his full weight, He pulled himself up and sat with his feet dangling below.

"Wow. It's been a long time since I climbed a tree. This is exciting!" he thought out loud. He looked out across the camp in a leisurely manner, then back to the happy little marten and Angus.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:30 pm

Angus looked around thick dense underbush a stream nearby, a perfect huntingspot for bigger predators.
"Sunny, Keir keep your eyes open. I don't want to be pounced by some animals."
He goes towards one of the trees and with a quick strike of his clawed paw marks the tree."So that should do it for a while"
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:06 pm

"Hmm, wha? Oh! Yes sir, sorry!" exclaimed Socks as she realized that the tiger was speaking to her. She took the paper and entered the tent, where she stood until the Commander motioned for her to sit down. "Here's the times for my laps, sir. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly what one would call 'in shape,'" she said as she handed the paper to him.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Sunny squatted on her low branch and looked around, then smiled, "I don't think these kinds of islands have large native animals, but you never know what got brought in. I bet it's pretty safe though."

She continued to pick her way through the tree branches, scurrying up or down depending on where the best path was, making her way toward the stream. But she paused when a whiff of sea air hit her face. She smiled and inhaled deeply, "I think our stream must be near the beach."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:08 pm

"Hehe really ?" he makes his way through the underbush pioneers a little trail.
When he reaches the stream he also smells the salty sea.
"Hmmmm you are right. Let´s see." he looks around for a sturdy tree and cautious beginns to climb up until he reaches a high branch which looks stabil enough for him and settles on it.
"Ohhh what a sight." he mutters and smiles.
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:24 pm

After following Sunny through the trees and almost losing grip several times from years of not climbing, the strong salty taste of sea water hits his nose and tongue.

"Oh that it definitely a scent one can't forget!" he called as he came upon the scene of the stream. He watched Angus climb up a tree and then stood and peered out to direction of the strong winds.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:44 pm

"Somehow it´s relaxing" he gazes down to the stream smelling the ocean.
"Do you two know that I´m really curious about the Overlord and her base.
I really don´t know what will await us there "
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:55 pm

Sunny watched her friends trying their hand at the trees, and smiled, glad to see them having a good time. She climbed up and perched on a small, almost too delicate branch near where Angus sat, her fluffy tail waving gently beneath it, "I'm not sure either. I know Aukate's supposed to be something like this, thick jungles and tropical warmth, that there's an extinct volcano on the island... It's bigger than this, a lot bigger... But I've never been there, so..."

She shook her head, "It seems like she wants to do good things for the world, so I can't imagine that she's cruel or overbearing. It would be lying to say I wasn't nervous though..."

She glanced back at the camp quietly, wondering to herself if either of the officers might tell her more if she asked. But then, she wasn't sure there would be a chance. There were so many recruits, and everyone would need training.

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see..." She mused, sea breeze licking through the trees and teasing her ponytail as she thought.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tobi3B Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:06 pm

" Yes I think she will do a lot of good things. I personally think her "and here he makes little air quotes "evil personality is just a role to frighten others and makes it easier to take over. I mean look at her no killing rule for example if she was really evil and cruel such a rule would be redundant."
he hold his face into the fresh breeze and sighs content.
" I think we should see first to qualify as a minion of hers and worrie about the rest later."
tobi3B
tobi3B

Back to top Go down

Post by KeirStryker95 Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:16 pm

"I think I'll have to agree with you," Keir acknowledged to their thoughts as he climbed up to branch equal to theirs.

"I am certainly curious about what Aukate will be like and the Overlord's plans. "From what I've heard, she is not like those people from the humans' history. Like someone named Adolf Hitler I believe," he chuckled.

"Ah no matter. I'm sure she's out to do good for the world," he sighed listening to the sounds of the camp in the background and smelling the salt.
KeirStryker95
KeirStryker95

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:38 pm

Darius called Shard into his tent. "I hope this doesn't become a trend." He sat down and steepled his fingers, glaring over them at the arctic fox. He took a breath and thumbed through Shard's file. "Janitorial work hmm?" He glances up at the fox and handed him a slip of paper. "Your tent assignment. Tigermark will direct you to the unform tent."

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shard Loren Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:02 am

Shard took the offered paper "I'm sure it won't sir" He saluted and left the Tent and went over to speak to Tigermark about getting his uniform. "Excuse me sir. Commander Steele, said you would tell me where to go to get my uniform."
Shard Loren
Shard Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:40 am

Alec was right, at least in part. Though there were no uniforms specifically tailored for the there of them, there was one large enough to fit their body, provided that slits were cut for their extra arms. Alec was the only one of the three who expressed no discomfort, only mild embarrassment that he'd offered their measurements to the wrong person.

"Okay, we've got the uniform and I've got an arm exposed-" said Niko.

"Two in my case," said Lukas.

"-so can we please eat now?"

Their legs didn't move. They looked at each other and waited for someone else to speak.

"Actually," Alec finally said, "I think Commander Steele asked us to report to him after we finished laps."

"AND," Lucas said. "We should report to R&D to familiarize ourselves with our new department."

Nico sighed, but nodded. They would know how hungry he really was. "Fine, we'll see Commander Steele."

And so they did, joining the line of recruits at the Commander's tent. As they waited, Niko spotted Tigermark near the tent. "Hey, sir? We kinda forgot where to go after finishing those laps and getting our uniform. Are we supposed to check in with the Commander?"
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next