Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 17 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 17 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Archeus Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Hello Sunny it's my pleasure to meet you. I'm sorry if I seemed distracted. Our friend here had me tickled for a moment.
Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 17 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Akkarri Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:28 pm

“Good thing they had you aboard then. Problems at sea can be quite difficult without the engines,” Lex responded with a grin. But soon it seemed as though it was becoming a merry little party outside of the Commander’s tent.

“Hello again Archeus,” she would respond to her approach after she got acquainted with Ian. She had decided to pause for a few moments and listen a bit further, letting herself take a quick glance back at the tent before turning back attentively.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Hello Lex, yes your absolutely right being at sea with engine trouble is no place to be.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 17 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1

Post by DeanFox Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:32 am

"I'm sorry, dude I'm sorry.  Um... I'm a bit of a singer and for "Halloween" I was shown a music video."  following him the rest of the way to the tent.  "I was..." You dingbat why didn't you think before you spoke, tact fool tact you might as well have said you are kind of walking like a zombie.  "Listen you were walking away from everyone, and now you will be walking towards."  Why? WHY? Dingbat your family makes those jokes, your friends make those jokes, when will you learn you cannot make those jokes.  It has never worked well, why did you try again.  "I'll be over here if you need anything." leaving his side at the tent's flap. yes Dean yes go on make a dork of yourself lets see how well that goes over.

Last edited by DeanFox on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar and punctuation errors)
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Angewolf Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:50 am

James smiled and nodded at the Commander. Slowly walking off to the uniform tent. Walking inside he looked around for anyone that might help looking at a Gecko inside and walking over to her. "Hello ma'am. I am here looking for a uniform.. by chance do you have anything that would um.. " He looks over at his shell. "Work with shells?"
Angewolf
Angewolf

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 17 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1

Post by DeanFox Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:00 pm

"Whoa, Dude look out." Letting out a harsh whisper stopping Marshfield in his tracks right at the table of uniforms. okay I'll leave him alone for now he's in good hands.
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Darius appraised the cheetah and then thumbed through his file, "Good afternoon recruit..." Finding the page he wanted he read through it thoughtfuly and then gave a small sight. "I fear her Majesty doesn't have much in the need of naval divers but you also specified guard duty so you'll be in base operations for now. I will say though that in being Base ops you will have the opportunity to use your diving skills for seafood collection. We're also working on a coast gaurd but that would see you more in a boat than in the water, what do you say? Sound like something you'd be interested in?"

At the uniform tent the Gecko female was having a time trying to figure out what the turtle could possibly wear. After a few moments she pulled out a set of ahesive magnets and with the Turtle's consent, stuck them to the inner sides of his shell. That done she took one of the uniforms designed for bats. Cutting the back of the unform off just below the shoulders she helped to drape it inside his shell before ahereing the front part to the magnets. "There! not too shabby if I do say so myself but I'm sure Charlotte will have a better fit your you when you get to the lair."

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:39 pm

The cheetah's ears flattened a little as he heard the human say the need for naval divers wasn't much needed, but his short lived down came up a bit when he heard it might be possible for food collection and possibly coast guard work. "I have to say I am disappointed about being a diver, I just assumed since we were living on islands the job would be open," Charon admitted. "Yes, being in the coast guard would be something I would be interested in though with an emphasis on rescue and defense...if needed."
The feline noticed while speaking to the human his careful thought process before he spoke. He didn't say something unless it was worth saying. Charon liked the human. "But when it comes down to it, what the Overlord is doing, to unite the islands, is something it is needed. I would certainly be happy as a guard until a coast guard is formed, sir."
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Darius smiled. "Excellent, I hear there's some nice oysters here on Kuakua perhaps tomorrow after your initial training we can see how well you do in some diving excercises near the beds." He rolled his shoulder, and pulled out a slip of paper from the file. "Here's your tent assignment, Commander Tigermark outside will direct you to the uniform tent. Go get settled in you will report to Base ops training tomorrow. Dismissed!" He pulled the tent flap open with his cane. "Commander bring in the next recruit."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Lex would nod, "Well, at least you and the other passengers are safe, that’s the key thing. Even if they’re down for a little while until proper repairs are made,” she’d look over at the ship for a moment before turning back, “So I’d guess you’d probably enjoy working on all sorts of machinery in the Overlord’s service?” she asked in more an intrigued way rather than as though she had him pegged.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:29 am

Charon nodded towards the human and exited the tent while looking at his tent assignment. He looked up and saw the Commander he was looking for, the white tiger. He came up to him and waited for his turn to speak. When it came he smiled. "Sir, I was directed to you to look for the uniform tent," the cheetah said.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by BanditRingtail Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:10 am

Devon found the skittish fox irritating. If he had taken time to stop, he would have realized he didn't really hate the guy, just that he was annoying. But then, Devon wasn't very big on socializing anyhow. He sighed and shook his head at the fox's antics and ignored them for the most part. If he was going to make a fool of himself, who was he to stop him? But then the fox just had to treat him like he was still blind.

"I can see well enough to avoid a table, thank you!" he snapped. He was not having the best of days, and any charity he had was waning. He sighed and blinked his eyes a few more times, unsure just what the lizard woman with the strange patterns was doing. The terrapin from earlier was being fitted and... wait, how did she...?

"Are... are those magnets?" He got as close as he dared, squinting despite the pain, fingering one of the buttons. "Huh. Smart fix. I wonder if we could make magnetic..." He stopped when he realized his notebook was missing. Like that, any chance of a good mood was killed, with extreme prejudice. "Nevermind. Cadet Devon Marshfield. I'm here for my uniform."

BanditRingtail

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/banditringtail/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:36 am

Tigermark looked the cheetah over.

"The Uniform tent is over there, Recruit Bond. There's a sign over the door. Welcome to the Overlord's service."

He then looked back to the remaining recruits.

"Recruit Lexaniri, you're business with the Commander shouldn't take long, go ahead in. Recruit Archeus, you're next, so be ready when Recruit Lexaniri comes out."

Last edited by Tigermark on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by DeanFox Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:26 am

Well this is going well isn't it. He got himself here by himself without crashing into anything he's not blind anymore, Watching him lean in a little close, well he isn't blinded anymore. Stepping outside into the sun and nearly into Charon's way doing a quick side step from my last stage performance to avoid clunking into him. "I'm sorry." Heading off for another glass of water, It's real fun being all nerves a wind up toy that keeps being wound. "Okay, starting now I'm not going to be," realizing this oath will be a lie. "Starting first thing tomorrow I'm going to do my best to not be annoying." I just hope I don't step on Devon's or anymore toes for that matter. finally the black halo around my vision goes away and I get my first good non tunnel vision look at my surroundings. "This is a very pretty island." thinking again to myself, I'll head back and offer to refill his canteen. no that's being annoying, why are you acting like that little Todd from Noema. You paid your own way through school on Mè, you shut down the stupid Franchise store on the south end of Noema broadcasting radar signals making the Bear paranoid and you even refunded him his last purchase on radar equipment in partial repayment. Even though he still wanted to tear me a new one and it nearly bankrupted the store on the north end of Noema too. Finishing my glass of water I head back to the uniform tent to find Devon has set on his way, nodding at Charon as I pass. Looking around through everything taking stock of where everything resides till Devon manages to find his tent. I keep meandering till I find the R&D tent, my tent again, the latrines and showers, and the mess tent as these four tents will be my haunts for the next few days. Getting a big stabbing stomach cramp I lean against something till it passes and when I stand up It's a cadet. "OH I'm so." and with my last bit of conscious courtesy I turn away before emptying my stomach in the grass near the garbage can I was aiming for. "I'm so sorry." Deciding to stagger off and lay down for a bit before dinner as I've missed lunch as they were serving the last of it when I found the mess hall the first time.
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:01 pm

Lexaniri, upon hearing her named called, would turn towards Commander Tigermark, “Thank you sir,” she said, giving an appreciative nod.  She’d turned back towards Archerus, Sunny, and Ian “Well to business, hopefully we will have a chance to talk more later,” she’d said with a smile, “And good luck.”

With that she moved towards Steele’s Tent, and entered through the open flap, resisting the urge to be sarcastic with saying “I’m Back” but upon entering she didn’t make the fleeting thought obvious.  Within a few strides she was back in front of the Steele’s desk, standing with a string of small fresh fish in one hand and giving him a clumsy salute with the other.  It was apparent that she knew of military protocol, but not enough to know the particular forms or procedures.  “General, I’d like to apologize for our earlier misunderstandings,” Lex said with what appeared to be a careful choice in words.  “And perhaps a bit of a peace offering,” she said, not directly indicating the fish, as though she thought the mentioning would be enough.  “But if I may ask a question?” she’d finish, waiting for and gauging Steele’s reactions.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Archeus hearing the commanders instructions, snapped her heels together and bowed in attention.
Looking back at Sunny I know Lex will be fine. Kid has a good heart.
I'm going to go gather my duffle bags. I'll catch up with you guys later. If for any reason you need me yell chocolate. I'll coming running.
And Ian you may want to get cleaned up and ready for presentation when they call you.
Archeus smiled at Sunny and Ian walked back to her spot.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:27 pm

"Thank you sir," Charon smiled. "I will do my best not to let her down."

After bowing politely, he headed off to the uniform tent and just as the white tiger had said, a sign over the top of the opening of the tent hung a sign informing all those nearby it was indeed the 'Uniform Tent'. The feline chuckled to himself as he stuck his head inside and saw no one inside the tent. He saw inside a multitude of uniforms all hung with care on hangers. He also saw a slim gecko female inside humming quietly to herself as she was putting the uniforms away for the next few recruits. "Excuse me, ma'am," he did he best to get her attention. "Recruit Bond for my uniform." He handed her the slip of paper the Commander had given him.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Darius smiled when he saw the fish. The was no way she could have known his custom back home but regaudless of that he reached for the line and removed a bowl from his trunk to place them in. He was showing a bit of restraint in not eating one of them right then and there. He was all but starving having not eaten hardly anything and raw fish being a staple of his. He supposed he'd steal a bite of one later.

" Your offering duly note miss, you may ask your question."

His eyes glanced over the fish again for half a moment then refocused on her.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:03 pm

Lex would watch the general’s reaction, thinking that it was softer than their initial meeting, but no matter. She straightened herself as she handed him the string of fish letting go gingerly and watching silently as he placed them in a bowl.

“I wanted to ask, what your plans were for me here. I do not mind the option of fishing and the like, but I believe I have more to offer than that of a civilian worker,” she said, keeping her voice flat and simple. “From my times in the jungles and underbrush, I’ve learned much with tracking, scouting, living off the land, and have, what I’d think, a keen eye. I’d think I’d be able to serve in some more useful capacity in that way, perhaps with military or guard? ” she would add. But her eyes spoke more to her thoughts of how fishing and the like was something she found boring, though good in their own right.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:18 am

Sunny waved softly as the other two departed, giving them a parting smile and calling, "Good luck!"

Once they were clear, she turned back to Ian, smiling still, "I don't think Commander Steele will mind if you're a bit mussed, especially once you explain why. I even bet he'll think better of you for being helpful in a jam."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Angewolf Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:45 pm

James smiled looking himself over. Nodding at the gecko "Thank you! Question though, would it be alright if I kept the tiles on my back the colors that they are?"
Angewolf
Angewolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:58 am

After having picked up his uniform, Vince had located his assigned tent and left his things inside. He stretched. Even though he'd tried to pack light, his rucksack had seemed to grow heavier as the day wore on and it was nice to put it down. The bear unpacked his spare uniform and civilian clothes and laid them out on his cot so they wouldn't get wrinkled. He'd have to find a better setup for it eventually, like tonight when he was to sleep, but for now this would suffice.

Now that he'd visited his tent assignment and settled it, sort of anyway, he could go back to the mess to see what they had food-wise. It took Vince only a short time to arrive. It looked as if they had already cleared up after the lunch rush, but there was still enough out to make a meal out of, if he was a little creative about it. As it was, he was taken with the variety of foods offered: smoked sardines and grilled tuna, spiced grasshoppers and candied crickets, a fruit salad of pineapple and melon and other fruits... Curious, Vince placed a bit of everything on his plate, got himself a mug of tea to drink, and took a seat.
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyotecanuck Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:00 am

Ian waved to the other two as they left.

"I certainly hope so. I wouldn't want to get off on the wrong foot, just because of a little grime" he replied to Sunny with a smile.
Coyotecanuck
Coyotecanuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Sunny grinned broadly and shook her head, "No I'm sure they get all sorts coming to start out. Besides, it's a perfectly good reason to be all dirty. You were helping out. Commander Steele seems like a very nice man."

She tilted her head and smiled at Ian again, perking her ears, "So what island are you from?"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwolf1513 Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:35 pm

It was a sunny day on the island, as she got off her boat seeing the many different type of people. This was her first time away from home like this and she was excited. As she got off the boat she heads to the first tent she saw "I guess that is where I need to go now. Now if I remember correctly I need to see the commander before I am assign anywhere"

She walks up to the tent seeing that there was a line there, she immediately stands there and waits for her turn.

Last edited by Nightwolf1513 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightwolf1513
Nightwolf1513

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next