Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 10 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 10 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Archeus Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:53 pm

Having departed the boat, Professor Archeus looks for some place to have the pallets of test equipment she brought stored. Definitely not going to be room in boot camp for all that. But I have to keep it safe. Asking other new recruits they point her in the direction of a near by warehouse.
(Later) Haven got that taken care of she starts her long walk down to the officers tent, several duffle bags and a backpack full of stuff. You would never have known she just got done lightening her load. She makes her way down to the tents and searches for longest line, doesn't bother asking what line it is. Logic would suggest she is in the right place. She smiles at the other recruits offering her reassurance, some look terribly nervous. Tough times may be ahead yes. But that's what builds character and forges friendships, she has been around long enough to know that pain and suffering has its positive aspects. She stands tall and confident taking it all in, anxious to join the race.

Archeus
Archeus

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/archeus68/

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 10 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Charon Bond Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:02 pm

The feline stepped off one of the last boats to make landfall on the island.  It wasn't his fault nor the others from his home island a freak storm hit the island chain which severely delayed their arrival.  He took in a deep breathe and smiled.  The air was different here, sweeter more moisture in the air compared to Tiurai.  How could one tell the difference from the savannah where he was born and lived to this island was surprising even to him but he could tell.  He walked down the gangplank with his bag in tow to the docks and looked around him.  Several species were busy walking somewhere.  Some with packages, some with crates and still some with important looking paperwork destined to a destination he could never discern.  "Runs like a military," he softly spoke to himself.  

His attention was diverted to a table set up at the end of the docks with a handmade sign stating 'New Arrivals'.  He smiled as he approached the table.  An impressive looking lion looked up and growled at the new recruit.  "You're late."

The cheetah was about to open his mouth about the tardiness of the boat but the lion stopped him.  "Yes, I know about that storm, just head to tent city.  Just over the hill and you'll see it."

"Thank you," he said as he hefted his bag over his shoulder and started off in the direction the lion pointed.  As he stepped to the top of the hill he softly whistled as he saw the scope of this operation.  Tens of animals were talking, walking around and acquainting themselves to their new surroundings.  He then noticed the main tent in the middle of the tent city and the impressive line which was snaking its way around and through the camp. "I guess I'll start there," he again said this to himself. He quietly walked towards the end of the line and patiently waited his turn.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Two new arrivals broke Razor from his thoughts concerning the conjoined triplets before him: a VERY tall tigress and a lean cheetah male. The tigress looked like she had bags upon bags of luggage items, but didn't seem at all bothered as she smiled at the other recruits. The shark couldn't help but smile back, finding the confident energy she was radiating rather infectious.

The cheetah looked relaxed, despite being at the back of a pretty lengthy line. He was taller than Razor, but not nearly as tall as the tigress or the brothers. Noting the cheetah's build, he looked like he might be a swimmer, with the broad shoulders and lithe form, but he couldn't be absolutely sure. Either way, it was nice to see more and more recruits coming around. It'd surely make training a lot more interesting.
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:08 pm

The cheetah noticed the shark looking at him and a tigress which was a head of him a couple of people ahead of him. It was hard not to notice someone who might be more at home in the water than on land, but it was obvious the shark was fit as anyone else which he saw on the island. The feline did shudder when he saw the shark smile as it was hard to keep the sharp teeth from showing.

The tigress on the other hand was built for power as the amount of bags she had was almost countless. "Well, that is someone not to mess with," he said under his breathe.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Vince stepped off the boat that had brought him to the island from Tiunu, rucksack hanging snug against his back. It did not take him long to realize that he was one of the later arrivals when the camp came into view. He was just glad that the climate here was similar to home. It didn't bear imagining what those from the Winter Islands would feel upon arriving. He shivered slightly, thinking of the snow, though he wasn't cold.

A quick glance around the camp told him... certainly not everything he needed to know, but enough to get started. A line of other new recruits snaked its way up to one of the larger tents. Vince assumed it belonged to an officer. As those in line seemed to be the only ones without uniforms, that was where the spectacled bear went first, taking a place in line behind a cheetah and a remarkably tall tigress. He greeted the cheetah with a smile. "Hello, my name's Vince, it's nice to meet you," he said, offering his hand to shake.
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Arches noticed the shark and Cheetah standing in line, she walked up and introduced herself. Guys my name is Archeus and the best advice I can give you is don't judge this book by the cover. I'm in the same boat you are. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. If you are are going to worry about anything some of my research can be hazardous. But a good rule of thumb is this: If you see me calm and all hell looks to be breaking loose you're fine. If you see me running always run in the direction I'm going. I'll be running away from the danger not towards it....*laughs calmly* So what's your story?
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:07 am

Razor blinked up at the tigress, having not expected her to approach him. She could lose her place in line...then again, with all of those bags...and with how slow the line was starting to move, her spot wouldn't be going anywhere fast. Her encouraging words were also unexpected, but not unwelcome, but he did become a little wary at the mention of her hazardous research.

"Its a pleasure you meet ya', Ma'am" he said, a polite smile forming on his face, "And, I don't have much of a story. I just wanted to get off my home island and try something new. And seeing as the Overlord's running something I can get behind, I figured comin' here was as good a decision as any. What about you? From the sound of it, you're gonna be joining the R&D team?"
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:44 am

Archeus could see the Razor was being overly polite because of her stature. Well first of all call me Archeus or even Arch is fine. Ma'am is what I call my mother. My background is fairly technical but I have also found being flexible and open minded can lead you places you never imagined. So I'll go where I'm needed. I have some pretty big ideas of what we are capable of doing here. But I'm also pretty pragmatic, my dreams can wait. At this point I'm just dreaming of getting settled in and eating, Frankly It's been a couple days since I did eat. My thoughts can get away from me and before I know it a day or two may have passed.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:34 am

The shark grimaced as a knawing, hungry sensation attacked his stomach with vengeance. That's what he was supposed to be doing. Said stomach growled obnoxiously and he covered it with his had, rubbing it with an annoyed expression. "Ugh, you and me both, Arch. I was planning to head to the mess tent for a bite, buuuut, I got a little distracted...not that it was an unwelcome distraction". He turned his head to grin at the conjoined trio before turning his attention back to the tigress.

"From what I've smelled, the food here must be pretty good...Should probably stop pestering people in the line and got something to eat." He stated to laugh, but it turned into a groan when his stomach rumbled again.
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by BanditRingtail Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:22 am

Heavens help him, it was his turn.

Devon resisted the urge to take a nervous swallow and stepped into the tent, doing his best to suppress any nervous twitching. This meant he was a bundle of nerves and looked ready to flee at any moment, but he couldn't know that, and it was enough for him that he wasn't shaking in fear. Yet.

He followed the directions to sit down or stand as the General dictated, hoping his shiny new criminal record didn't land him in trouble. He at least owed his brothers this much: if they hadn't met in that bar, he wouldn't be where he was right now. There'd be plenty of time to figure out whether to curse or bless them later.

BanditRingtail

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/banditringtail/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:06 am

Tigermark heard the recruit exit the tent and turned to answer the tall vixen.

"Over there, Recruit Harl, er, Socks. The tent that has the sign over the door that says, 'Uniforms'. Then go stow your things in your assigned tent and go get some food."

He watched the tall fox walk rapidly away, her tail swishing behind her with the quickness of her pace.

He smirked a bit as he thought to himself, "Well, at least she doesn't dawdle."

He turned back and ushered the next recruit, a rather nervous looking raccoon, into the tent.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:59 am

Archeus grabbed a case and opened it, she came out with a protein bar. Here Razor gnaw on this. You sound hungrier than me. No sense in both of us being on empty. Besides I'm going to meditate for a bit. Enjoy.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:20 am

Razor blinked, looking down at the protein bar before looking up at the tigress.

"Wow, er, thanks a lot, Arch" he took it, eyeing the logo on the wrapper, "I'm not really one for protein bars, but I haven't tried this one...". Overall, Razor wasn't a fan of protein bars, seeing as his diet WAS mostly protein with all the meat he ate. However, unlike other members of his species, he had a bit of a sweet tooth, often coating some of his seafood meals in powdered sugar when he had the chance.

It disgusted him mom (and most of his family) something fierce.

Stowing the bar away, he looked back at Archues, "Mediation you say? Well by all means, I'mma leave you to it! I'm gonna check out the mess tent anyway, need to scope out where all the good food's at". He laughed a bit, "It was nice meeting you, Miss Arch, and you three as well." He looked at the three headed wolf before casting another glance in the cheetah's direction, noting that another recruit had joined the line...a bear of some sort.

"I'm sure I'll be seeing all of your around camp, yeah?" With a quick wave, the shark left the other recruits to sign in, heading back towards the mess tent. His stomach churned again and he muttered a not so quiet "Shut. Up." as he entered.
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 10 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1

Post by DeanFox Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:13 pm

getting passed back the bag some takers, some not so much. Why am I being quiet for I need to talk otherwise when I stand face to face with Commander Steel he's not going to hear me. finally the water takes effect and the nausea and headache fade out, one last run through before talking to my fellow recruits. Start with if that file doesn't have my full last name Crossfox, it's full of half truths and complete fabrications, they need to know that first off. "Okay." stomach untwisting and the conversations around me making sense again I look at my line mates and the Tigress, Bear, and Cheetah that have joined me at the end of the line. looking at the Tigress as she appears to sit down and when she crosses her legs and puts both feet on top, a-ha she's meditating leave her be. "Candy?" gesturing the bag to the others in line behind him. "Afternoon, my name is Dean Crossfox." and hopefully they didn't buy something from the "shady" franchise store that tarnished the family name, although if the bag is slapped from my hand I'll know for sure.
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:39 pm

A few hours later Archeus unwinds herself and stands to survey the lot. Not much progress on the line. "My guess is that even for an Island with damn few cars...that has to be the line for the DMV" and chuckles as she's now amused herself.
Being a bit stiff, she starts her own calisthenics.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:17 pm

It was certainly a rag tag group the Overlord was putting together from different backgrounds and different islands in the Calendar Island chain.  He saw the hand the bear offered and the feline took it in his.  "Charon," the cheetah replied.  He was never one for saying much and he found if he talked too much his voice would strain to a mere croak in minutes.  One of the drawbacks of having a species which relied upon speed.  They saved their breathing for more important tasks like hunting and sport.  "How do you do?"

"As for my story, not much to tell.  Just want a different change of pace, a more relaxed pace," he admitted.  "Maybe a guard position or diver; these islands certainly need defense and I am willing to do this, maybe....."

The feline politely waved his hand at the candy being offered to him by the fox.  "Sorry, not much of a sweet tooth."
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:30 pm

Vince grinned. "I'm doing alright." He was relaxing a bit more now that he was around people again. One deep breath later and the last of the tension had eased from his shoulders. "I'm, uh... I'm here to be a cook, hopefully. Nothing so fancy as a diver." His eyes had widened slightly in interest and his smile softened. "I've got a little sister back home to provide for. I'm hoping the Overlord's service will do better by us than the diner I was working in before."

"Anyway, I was wondering, is it...?" He dropped off as the fox offered them sweets. "I'll try one, thanks Dean." Vince gingerly picked one of the candies out of the bag and unwrapped it. Instead of immediately popping it into his mouth, he held it between two claws and gave it a lick. The fur around his muzzle bristled slightly. "That is very sweet. Maple candy?" he asked. "We don't get it often on Tiunu," he said, before putting the rest of the candy into his mouth and stuffing the wrapper into a pocket. He'd find a waste bin for it later.
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 10 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1

Post by DeanFox Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:09 am

"Nice to meet you both, and it's there's some maple candy left? Huh cool I thought I..." mind clearing there was two bags of candy wasn't there, and big tin of curiously strong Wintergreen mints. "Hey Vince I'll take that wrapper from you." Pulling a few from my pocket to show. "Better to have one pocket of wrappers than two." taking it from him I turn back to my footlocker to separate the eighteen pieces of Maple candy from the Peppermint before someone gets a big shock.
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:47 am

Digging in her endless bag of goodies, Archeus finds her log book, and starts making notes. Something in the ground has caught her eye. She smiles quietly and after a bit stows her book back.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:02 am

It was quite apparent to the cheetah these furs were wanting and going out of their way to please the others which were surrounding them.  It did rankle his fur a bit to see them a bit too friendly.  The natural defenses he possessed tended to put him as a lone wolf but he cared dearly for those he thought of his true friends; so far those around him weren't living up to his standards of true friends.  

He quietly melted back into the background as best as he could.  Still surveying his surroundings, he easily spotted those who were officers in the fancy purple and blue uniforms with the gold buttons and trimmings.  His eyes lit up and a slight twitch of a smile touched his lips.  "Yes, one day...," he thought in his mind.  

The cheetah noticed the tiger bend down to look at something.  The natural curiosity of the feline was peaked as he too wanted to know what the tigress saw which intrigued her.  He knew he would soon found out as he relaxed himself and causally gazed in her direction.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Archeus Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:39 am

Having pulled her head out of the books for a minute, she noticed the the cheetah smiling at her, she smiled and noded back.
Archeus
Archeus

Back to top Go down

Post by KRancourt Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:04 am

Areta watched the cat's body language, listened to her word choices, and realization slowly kicked in. Darius wasn't the sort to issue PT on a whim, so she and the others she'd mentioned had surely been doing something harebrained in the General's estimation. And now, having finished her disciplinary laps, the woman before her had taken Darius at his word, reported to the docks, and was going to sit out here and 'just follow orders,' probably until she was missed and sent for.

Well, the quoll thought, If alone is what you want, you'll get it.

"I do have some other things to attend to," she agreed amiably, shifting the weight of her bag from one shoulder to the other. "So I'll bid you good fishing, and hope to see you in camp." With a pleasant nod, she turned and headed back into the clearing, drawing her tablet out once more to check her tent assignment.

The female officers' tent was empty, the cots inside unclaimed by any boarders, and Areta gratefully dropped her bag on one of them. A brief sigh escaped her. This new shipment of recruits was shaping up to be an interesting mix.

KRancourt

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:01 pm

Lexaniri would have probably stopped and spoke with the lieutenant more if she hadn't learned of her rank. After her experiences with the commander, she wasn't sure how the other ranked officers may respond. Especially after starting out with punishment from the Commander so shortly after arriving. Besides, what would Commander Steele do if he caught her not doing as ordered?

"I hope your day is pleasant, Ma'am. I'd love to chat, but I'm sure Commander Steele wouldn't look too favorably at me holding up one of his fellow officers while on duty," Lex responded as Areta turned to leave. "Hopefully when there is some downtime."

It was obvious that she knew that she wasn't out on a pier for assignment, but punishment. And so far it was rather boring and dissapointing for her. Not anything like she imagined when she got on the boat, but she would make the best of it. She knew she had skills that could be used and had the drive to show she could be of use. It was just a matter of showing it and communicating it to Commander Steele. It might be a while, judging by the steady line of hopeful recruits.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:00 pm

Soon enough, Razor had found new people to converse with, and Lukas noticed that he and his brothers were no closer to delivering the report of their lap times to the Commander. "I believe we'd best be going. Better to get this formality out of the way sooner than later, yes?"

Niko and Alec both nodded to that, with Niko putting one of his hands on Razor's shoulder. "Nice to meet you, dude. We'll see ya later." They walked back over to the line of the tent, noting that they weren't far behind the skittish raccoon who could barely speak a word to them.
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Socks the Fox Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:30 am

Socks quickly scurried off to the uniform tent, eager to get into one of those snazzy uniforms. Being a rather normal build, she had no problems finding a pair of uniforms, and got changed and off to her tent without incident.

As she packed away her belongings, her excitement grew in anticipation for the next day, for her first assignment and meeting the people she'd be reporting to. Once finished she wandered over to the mess tent and gathered a decent meal, and chat with some of her newfound peers.
Socks the Fox
Socks the Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next