Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 11 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Admin Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:16 am

Darius eyed Devon and then looked down at his file. "Son, we have a problem. You are wanted for questioning for a crime." He eyed the racoon and sighed. "Our forces are not an escape from justice, her Majesty runs all of these islands however tenuously. To be wanted by any of the islands governments is to be wanted by her. I suggest you stay put while I phone the proper authorities on whether or not I should even allow you to join our ranks."

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 11 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1

Post by DeanFox Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 am

"Charon, I would say best of luck but luck is what we make. and I can hear your voice is a bit sore so I'll do my best to not make you talk any more."  sniffing the air there is a small odor.  "why do I smell, battery acid? um never mind. Vince you want to be a cook, tell me do you think that we will be getting what we see in the movies?" still looking around trying to find the source of the smell.

Last edited by DeanFox on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I hit send not preview)
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 11 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Charon Bond Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Charon looked at the fox and he too could detect a small difference of the air around him, but it was hard for him to discern what exactly the smell was or where it was coming from. "You are right about luck," the feline said. "I would be more inclined to say I don't believe in luck but the actions we partake in now forge the actions of the future."
The feline was a bit surprised the fox was able to detect the slight strain in his voice. This one would be worth watching to detect small variances in sound and smell.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by BanditRingtail Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Steele's words cut to his soul. His fears came rushing back, and he opened his mouth to protest... but one look from the General told him it was no use. "O-oh. Okay." He slumped in his chair and looked at his hands, fidgeting with his claws, wishing he had something to work on to cover up his nerves. Maybe he didn't belong here after all. "I... I'm sorry for the inconvenience... Sir. I'm... not always thinking right... not when it comes to my brothers." He fell silent and waited until the General decided his fate. Even so, he started making plans should he end up in prison. They probably wouldn't want an escaped convict here, but maybe he could get leniency from the courts if he improved the security systems...

BanditRingtail

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/banditringtail/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Darius sighed and pointed to a chair near the back of the tent. "Sit there. I apologise but this will take some time and others are in line, excuse me." He Exited the flap of the tent. He wasn't much concerned about Devon running, this was a small and isolated island and in mere minutes every officer and police on the island would be aware of Devon should he try to escape. He approached Tigermark and wispered in his ear. "See that this is taken care of Commander, he's in my tent for now, I need a communicator brought to me so I can find out want happened." He turned to the next recruit in line and motioned inside the tent. "Next! lets get moving."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BanditRingtail Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:47 pm

Devon knew better than to try and run. The Overlord owned this island, and if her minions decided he needed to be handed over, he wouldn't get far. No boat would leave with him on it, and he was not good enough to try swimming away. He took a seat where the General indicated, taking out his sketchbook in resignation. Might as well get some work done while he waited things out. Including a list of things he'd need, the first item being a lawyer. Even if he wasn't guilty of anything, he'd still need one. Navigating the law was never his strong suit.

BanditRingtail

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/banditringtail/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Tigermark heard the tap of Darius' cane near the tent entrance. He inclined his head in that direction as the human leaned in close and whispered to him. At the same time, Darius slid a file into his paws.

Nodding slightly to acknowledge he was hearing the Commander's instructions as he took a quick look at the file, Tigermark replied in a low voice.

"Yes sir. It'll take a recruit a fifteen minutes to go over to R&D/Medical and fetch one."

He then fixed his eye on the next recruit, whom Darius had just called.

"Step lively, Recruit Wilson."

He then noted the shark recruit standing talking with those still in line.

"Recruit Triakis! I need you to run for me. Front and center, please."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:39 pm

The food in the mess tent had been rather satisfying. Especially the fresh oysters. With his stomach no longer protesting in fits of hunger, he stepped from the tent, and looked towards the line of recruits. It WAS looking a little bit, um, shorter? Maybe? Ah, he couldn't tell...He figured he could try striking up some conversation with some of the newer recruits in line, be social and all that.

However, right as he was approaching the line, he heard his name being called, and turned to see Commander Tigermark addressing. Blinking, Razor changed his course, approaching the tall tiger with a curious expression. Still unsure how to salute properly, he settled for standing up straight as possible without looking overtly ridiculous.

"You called me, Sir?"
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Stewart Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:26 am

Gu Jiao smiled warmly when the Tiger bowed in return, he was happy to see one who showed the same amount of respect. It showed that those of the Overlord's forces were disciplined and wise, traits Jiao very much held in high regard. After being told he would be granted permission to enter the tent after the next batch of recruits, Jiao politely bowed a little deeper once more, and pulled himself back up. He was pretty sure no permission was needed of course, but it was always better to ask. It was bad practice to walk into the tent of an officer without first showing the respect to ask. This, though, was just one of the many formalities that Jiao lived by, which he had been taught by his master Seji. Jiao then put his hands inside the sleeves of his long robe. While his long tail swayed ever so slightly as he stood.

In the meantime, Jiao stood quietly, his aura of pride, dignity, and intelligence radiating ever so silently from him. In front of him he observed the interactions between the Quoll, and the Kyarn. They however did not reveal much that was interesting to him, only that the Kyarn showed a lack of skill in fishing traditionally, and the Quoll was more curious than anything else. As he pondered, he stroked his beard, as the thought slowly dawned on him that having such a long beard wouldn't exactly be... efficient in a military situation. Not to mention, despite the pride he took in his etiquette and appearance, it had grown quite messy. His goatee had slowly begun to become lopsided due to a lack of trimming, his mustache had gotten long and was starting to get into his mouth. He quietly fixed his facial hair upon realizing this. Then returned to his previous stance.

This time he turned and looked at the recruits behind him. To which he saw a blue tiger who, surprisingly enough, had wings. A Fox, a common species,  and then a bear, as well as a Cheetah. These were mostly the new additions to the line. The Tiger seemed to have a large curiosity, the Cheetah not being one for social interaction, and the Bear and Fox making themselves quite merry.

"Dull"

The leopard thought silently, though his expression slightly showed it. For the most part these new recruits didn't provide any new curiosity, maybe the winged Tiger, but nothing else really. Though, so far all these observations Jiao had been making about the camp and it's people had simply been surface level things. He believed, and hoped to god, that they were more interesting people to actually get to know, or Jiao would have a quite boring time indeed. So far, the only people he had any real interest in talking too where the conjoined triplets, who still stood in the line behind him, and perhaps the leopard shark, who had shown some small interest in him. Jiao sighed quietly, and he stepped forward a bit as the turtle was called in by Darius.

"Hopefully it will be my turn soon. Even though I am next in line, that has proven to be of little consequence, since the CO seems to be calling random people from the crowd. Perhaps they should have a second officer take up this job along with the CO, to move things a long more quickly. It would be how I would do it anyways."

Jiao thought his as he watched the shark interact with the white tiger.
Ezra Stewart
Ezra Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 am

"Fair enough," Vince said as Dean took the wrapper from him. He noticed that the cheetah had withdrawn himself slightly from the rest of them. Maybe that was a feline thing? At least, those he knew had tended toward aloof. Vince shrugged, opting not to worry about it. When Dean mentioned that Charon's voice was a little hoarse, the bear did a double-take, surprised that the fox could tell that much based on the little that the cheetah had spoken thus far.

When the topic turned toward food, Vince chuckled. This, at least, was an area he was familiar with. "I doubt it'll be quite so bland as in the movies. Hardtack, MREs, and all that." He wrinkled his nose slightly. "That the Overlord is hiring cooks at all suggests that. Even if the cooks will be more for the city and the Overlord's building itself, it's probable that when off-duty even the military branches will be able to have freshly prepared meals."

Looking past Dean, Vince saw a snow leopard observing them. Even compared to the others here, he looked foreign and, well, older. Something about the leopard's comportment put Vince on edge and he frowned. However, were he asked about it, he would have had a difficult time expressing precisely why.
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

Post by Solitair Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:04 am

From the sound of things, the recruit ahead of them, Devon if the brothers remembered correctly, had not been having much luck in getting a successful recruitment. Lukas perked his ears and caught mention of criminal activities, causing the brothers to share worried looks. But whatever trouble Devon was in, the commander said that it could wait until later.

The brothers waited in line behind new recruits who had received less of a briefing so far than they did. As they tapped their foot and waited, Niko sighed. "Are you sure we have to report back? We didn't even disobey orders like those other recruits, so why do we have to report to the commander with this?"

Lukas and Alec looked at each other, as if to ask whether or not this was correct and if Niko had a good point. "Well, that is something to consider," Lukas admitted. "But we still don't have defined orders, so perhaps it's best that we ask either Commander Steele or another officer for instructions."

Niko frowned, but then heard their stomach rumble. He rubbed their stomach and smirked at Lukas. "NOW can we get some grub?"

"That's probably for the best, yeah," Alec said.

They gave up their place in line, which didn't look too far along anyway, and walked on over to where the food was. Each of them got their own meal, which they ate in silence, carefully guiding their respective hands so that they didn't collide with each other during the meal.

Last edited by Solitair on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Solitair
Solitair

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:24 am

"Yes Recruit. Take this note to the R&D tent. You'll be bringing a communicator back for Commander Steele. It looks like a pane of glass with endpieces. It isn't nearly as fragile as it looks, but just the same, take care not to let it get damaged."

Tigermark signed the note he'd written.

"Give this to Doctor Greymyst or one of his assistants, and they should get it for you with no problem. Now, on the double."

Turning his attention back to the line, he thought he finally saw the end of it. He also noted the tall, winged tigress. As a winged minion, even if she didn't join the military, she'd still train under him a bit. Every winged minion was expected to be able to perform at least to a minimum level as an aerial scout.

Tigermark turned to see that the shark had already reached the R&D tent and smiled. The line was finally shortening, and the errand he'd assigned was well underway. Satisfied that everything was going as it should for the second, Tigermark looked over the file Darius had given him.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:11 am

Razor felt a pair of eyes on him and turned his head. The old leopard was watching them from his place in line, with an expression that almost seemed, judgmental? Well, maybe judgmental was too strong a word...observant. Yeah, that was more like it.

Refocusing his attention and taking the note from the tiger's grip, Razor nodded, "You got it, sir". With that, he left in a swift jog to the R&D tent. There was a small line of recruits there, but he figured since he was running an errand for a higher officers, , it would be ok for him to nudge himself inside really quick.

Hopefully he could find this Dr. Greymist, or at least someone who could supply him with a communicator.
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 11 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1

Post by DeanFox Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:27 am

uh oh, that was a slip they both caught it Vince even did a double take. Great either keep talking and attract more attention or quit talking and overhear something, decisions decisions. Light bulb! you sing you have taken voice lessons since second grade it's not a lie. "Sorry about that um, I've had voice lessons since second grade, it's why i carry peppermint candies for my voice but, I am a sugar fiend." looking around at the others in line it occurs suddenly that removing his long hair might not have been entirely necessary... "well, that's what I get for watching movies to be prepared, but I'm happy to hear that we will be marching on happy stomachs."
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:45 am

"Voice lessons?" Vince sounded skeptical, but let it pass. Everyone had their own reasons for being here certainly, and if some of them wanted to keep their secrets, who was he to begrudge them that? "I've heard of using honey and lemon juice or honey and vinegar for a sore throat before, hot and mixed with water of course, even hard candies in general, mint though..." He was absently tapping the fingers of his left hand against his leg as he explained. "Mint generally has a nice cooling effect, but not quite like aloe, though it can also help with inflammation and burns. It's a mild stimulant as well and, ah..." Vince paused, realizing that he had been rambling. "I use it in cooking sometimes," he finished lamely. "What I'm trying to say is I can see why you'd choose it." He dropped off into a silence that was, for him, uncomfortable. The spectacled bear had not intended to get quite so into the topic at hand, and hoped those around him wouldn't take it amiss. Nervously, he raked his fingers through his headfur, making it stand on end.
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:05 am

'Leopards, silent but deadly and with patience to spare,' Charon thought to himself, as he studied the elder from afar. 'No doubt sizing up the recruits to see where he fit in with a mostly more youthful spirits around him.'
The cheetah nodded briefly to the leopard as his eyes passed him. He was always willing to learn from older people as they held the wisdom of life...and mostly more mature about their surroundings. There was an aloofness about the leopard as well but it came with quiet dignity. 'This one commands respect, but not at the expense of shouting it out at the top of his lungs.'
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:29 am

It didn't take long for Sunny to polish off her baggie of spiced crickets, and she tucked the empty package away into a pocket, licking the dust off her fingers happily. If everything offered to them was so tasty, she might get the best of her fast metabolism!

With a stretch, she breathed another whiff of the sweet and salty sea air, then pulled herself up to stand on the branch. She had climbed, had a snack, and began to feel the itch to do something.

She smiled over at her two new friends, "Guys. I think I'm going to head back and see if James has been through the line yet. If he has, I can show him around! Or maybe they could use an extra pair of hands. But I'll see you guys a bit later, ok?"

With a friendly smile and a wave, she was off again, climbing and scampering more comfortably now that she had at least a basic feel of the jungle trees. In time they could become old friends, just like the trees back on her home island.

Dropping to the ground near the edge of camp, the marten easily spied her friend's shell at the front of the recruit line. At least he was almost there. She trotted over to the officers' tent and saw the commander standing outside the tent. She slowed and stopped near him with a smile, "Excuse me, sir. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help out? I think I've got the layout of the camp pretty well."

She felt a tickle on her upper lip fur and reached up to brush away the last touch of cricket dust, smile turning sheepish, "And the mess..."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:38 am

Darius smiled at her again as he coaxed the turtle inside the tent, staying outside breifly to adress her. "Why yes, I feel those waiting in line could do with some company and perhaps refreshments whilst they wait. Could you do me the favor of helping them out while I'm in here." He gave another bright smile and inclined his head to her. "It would be very helpful if you could."

In R&d a Scientist heading up the tech devision notices the shark and waves him down, asking what he's doing back there. After a breif exchange he hands him one of the communicators inside his tent and wishes him good luck in whatever he needs it for.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:49 am

Sunny beamed at the commander, nodding an affirmative, "Yes sir, I'd be happy to!"

She waves at James a bit as he was urged into the tent, then turned to the next person in line, looking up to see the face of a leopard who appeared to be at least three times her age, in addition to having the usual foot or so of height above her. He also appeared to be the most bored person in the line, most of the other recruits having casual conversations amongst themselves or otherwise occupying their wait time. Hoping she could help with that, Sunny turned her bright smile up to him and perked her ears in greeting, "Hello there! My name's Sunny, it's nice to meet you!"

She held out her hand to shake amiably, gold tail brushing the back of her legs in a casual swish as she continued, "It looks like I got lucky when I got here, the line really grew! Did you have a nice trip to the island?"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:37 am

Lexaniri continued to scan the docks, the water, and the other fishermen and dock workers for a time. Her fishing met with the marginal successes she expected with the traffic that moved past her. A bit of boredom, a bit more sun than she liked, a few small fish she normally would have only kept if she needed a meal, and the start of hunger pangs. She considered her situation and the Commander's orders a bit further as well as her conversation with the officer she never caught the name of as she scanned over the dock with her eyes and ears. "I should apologize to her the next time we meet... she didn't do anything to deserve the cold shoulder... Really got to stop being so guarded..." she thought as she tugged on the line again. She watched as gear was unloaded, ears twitching as though looking for anything that perked her interest.

She'd turn to the other fishermen with a question looking for some conversation and a break from the boredom. "What do you do when the fishing gets slow?" she asked thinking a bit. She knew Commander Darius indicated for her to go and visit the docks and see about putting her "penchant" to use. But he never said for how long or what to do afterwards. Of course, she wasn’t sure what sort of commander he was after one meeting. She had heard of various sorts through books and stories. Everything from those who inspire their troops to those who rule with an iron rod. "I need to stretch my legs or something soon," she indicated, rolling her shoulders and flexing her legs. There are a good deal other things she could do, but a little food wouldn't be bad, perhaps make some apologies to the officer and the Commander. Though she wasn't sure how that would turn out as she seemed to be making a mess of things every time she turned around.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:40 am

With a thankful grin, Razor returned to the officer’s tent with the communicator in hand. On his way there, he happened to look towards the docks where another recruit appeared to be fishing. Or at least trying to. He doubted she’d be catching anything anytime soon with all the activity around the docks, the action probably driving the fish away for the time being. His attention lingered in her direction a little while longer, before returning to his rather uneventful mission.

“Commander Tigermark, here’s the communicator you requested”. The communicator’s glass-like screen was blank currently, looking like it could be easily shattered. But the commander had assured him that such a thing wouldn’t be the case. Despite knowing such a fact, that didn’t stop the leopard shark from handing the device over as gingerly as possible. Despite his grace and finesse in the fighting ring, the shark had absolutely none of that when it came to things that were…delicate and could be pretty clumsy at times depending on the day.

“Is there anythin’ else I can do for ya’, Sir?”

If not, he’d be sure to go see how that fishing recruit was fairing. It looked rather boring over there with no fish biting. Hearing a cheery voice, Razor saw the marten who’d jumped the turtle earlier, engaging in conversation with the elderly leopard. It was a funny contrast in his mind: The marten seemed bright and excitable, maybe even a little naïve, while the leopard stood there, stoic expression on his features and looking like he’d seen this all before. Should prove to be some rather interesting conversation.
Rotors91
Rotors91

Back to top Go down

Post by DeanFox Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:57 pm

"it's okay Vince I don't cook. Browning hamburger and adding it to store bought Ramen noodle is not cooking, at least not to me.  That being said thank you for stopping I haven't had anything since breakfast and that was about five this morning, except for candy so.  once I get some real food the full extent of my sugar buzz will kick in. And before I continue talking and thinking about food I'm going to take a moment totry and clear my mind."  okay that's enough talking otherwise I will start running my words together, if I have not started already.  looking around the line and it' surroundings quit looking for the battery acid, it doesn't matter unless you... quickly searching my footlocker again inside and out to make sure I didn't drag it through some.  I didn't but I sure bent the end caps nicely,  looking at them bent down and packed full of assorted grass, dirt and small slivers of the dock.  Rummaging through my things I find my steel toe boot and a twig near by,  cleaning the debris out then using a sock to muffle what I'm doing I quietly knock the end caps flat again.  Checking the one remaining handle for tightness it's okay I put everything away standing up I think I pulled it off as my ears aren't ringing, I see no very displeased faces in the line, and I got each one with one tap.  feeling my stomach complaining again, this complaining is do-able there is nothing else to come up so this feeling is due to hunger.  Turning to face forward again and study the line there's a snow leopard with an amazing beard and Mustache talking with someone whom cannot possibly be the legal difficulties I know I overheard, seeing no faces that look in trouble, and hearing the thump of someone sitting in the tent there is a chair somewhere just out of sight past one of the tent flaps.  as bad as I've been feeling all day I never wish for anyone to go through that, either talk about cars or something but don't eavesdrop.  "Tea with honey and lemon is good but... keeping it warm all day.  and I'm a bit too lazy to carry an insulated canteen."  if they have my legitimate records I wont have to tell them about my sense of hearing and smell, if not it's another thing I need to start off with.  Two becomes four, four becomes eight, eight becomes sixteen sixteen becomes everybody, as soon as they figure out how good my perfect pitch hearing is they will keep a safe distance away or whisper my name at night.  okay, I'm a singer I hear in perfect pitch, I have "rabbit ears" headaches make it worse I can hear power flowing through electrical devices depending on how bad the headache.  "I, forget it."  so long as they don't figure it out they wont be asking me to eavesdrop for them, or play lookout.  "I try to avoid sodas for a few hours before, but after I go nuts."
DeanFox
DeanFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Charon noticed the marten come up to the leopard. 'A veritable bundle of sunshine that one," the feline let out a genuine smile as he saw her for the first time. He liked those which held nothing back from their personality in as much as he did his best from not putting any false airs about himself as well.
He liked the way he was though his mother was worried he was a bit too aloof at times. He kept things low key even in a house full of cheetahs which seemed to be going at warp speed 24/7. He looked at things from afar and made his decision after he found everything he could about the situation, but he had this annoying habit in knowing a person's personality just with one glance. 'Yes, she was what this camp needs someone who will go out of their way in helping others,' he thought to himself.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Stewart Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:53 pm

Gu Jiao had been once again silently observing the interactions in the front of the tent, having seen the cheetah nod at him, he nodded back respectfully. It was nice to see another youthful acknowledging him respectfully, it showed the caliber of the people who were gathered here. Turning his attention back in front of him. Seeing the happy marten approach the commander. She seemed a happy little thing. However Jiao looked away once again, not thinking much more of her, or the conversation between her and the commander, as he continued to observe. Suddenly, though, she started speaking to him. He turned his head quickly, and looked at her, with a slight expression of being startled. Not used to being broken out of his thought process. However his face quickly reverted back to it's rather flat expression. However the young marten's face made him smile a little. As she held out her hand, he put his hands into his sleeves, bringing them together, hiding his hands beneath, and he bowed respectfully.

"I am Gu Jiao, son of Gu Cao, I hail from the island of Tianuare. It is a pleasure to meet you Sunny."

His voice was strong and youthful, something that was uncommon for someone of his age. It was full of pride and authority, having little breathiness to it, and even though he spoke softly, it still projected quite well. His tone was kind, if not hinting at a slight curiousness, though veiled. Lifting himself up from his bow he shook her hand, so as not to be rude. His grip was firm, while his old green eyes pierced into her's. Not once looking away from them. It wasn't exactly in any romantic sense but, as he always was, a observing sense. After shaking her hand, he put his own hands behind his back. The first thing he noticed was how fitting her name was to her own personality. She seemed bright and bouncy, an adorable young woman all and all. Someone who was worth continuing a conversation with. So he continued, answering the next part of her question.

"The ride was.... rather uncomfortable. I tend to get seasick rather easily."

Jiao said with a warm smile,  

"I also spilled my tea on myself while I passed through what had been a rather violent storm, which forced me to change. It was quite unfortunate to say the least. It was good tea. "

He said, with a regretful look on his face. Turning his attention back to Sunny, he politely asked her in return.

"I hope you had better luck on your voyage?"
Ezra Stewart
Ezra Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:10 am

Sunny's ears perked further in surprise as she saw the bow. She hadn't expected it, despite his manner of dress. She bowed slightly in return as he shook her hand, reminded of her grandmother's mannerisms and habits, "We had very good weather, yes sir. I grew up around my father's fishing boat, so I take to boat travel fairly well. I'm sorry you had a rough trip."

She thought for a moment, then smiled again, "It's a shame about your tea. But I may have just the thing. Please excuse me for a moment."

With a friendly gesture of 'just a second', the young marten trotted over to her trunk, right near the officer's tent where she had left it. Opening the scarred and decorated lid, she dug a bit until she found what she was looking for, tail swishing eagerly. She closed the lid and trotted back, offering a small linen pouch to the leopard with a warm smile, "I knew it. My mother packed some tea in my trunk. She grows a couple of tea plants in her greenhouse. There are plenty more if you'd like this."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next