Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 12 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Angewolf Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:29 am

James waved at Sunny as he was lead inside the tent. He stood up as straight as he could as he spoke to the Commander. "Hello Commander." Trying to look as serious as he could while he was in the tent. He then timidly placed his bag on the desk. "I... I hope you don't mind that I brought my own knives."
Angewolf
Angewolf

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 12 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Ezra Stewart Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:56 am

Gu Jiao watched curiously as she trotted over to her trunk and rummaged through it. Slowly he stroked his beard in thought as she looked around through the trunk. As she was rummaging around, Jiao took a second of course to check the line once more, and look around him to see what was happening, which as he thought, nothing new had occurred yet. So he returned his attention to the girl. After a little while, he understood why she was rummaging, as she pulled out a small linen pouch, undoubtedly it had tea inside. As she presented her gift to him, he politely bowed again, and took the gift.

"Thank you very much, however I still have plenty of tea at the moment so I will not take from your own stash."

He said as he examined this tea of Sunny's. It was certainly custom, and it certainly smelled as if it would taste good. However, he always wanted to sample new teas first, never knew which ones he would like and which one's he wouldn't. He could be incredibly picky when it came to his tea's. So, in this case, he would try this new tea very soon. As he thought of how to repay the girl, he figured that similar gift would be needed in turn. Reaching into his sleeves, he rustled around a bit till he pulled out a similar looking bag of tea.

"This is my own special tea, I refined it during my years up in the mountains of Tianuare. This kind of tea is good for your bones and body, even your mind if you drink enough. Perhaps you'd like to try some?"

Holding the bag of tea out in his hand, he hoped she would accept, it was very good tea. So far, he had been quite amused talking to this young girl, she had proven to be mildly interesting, which was promising considering that most everything he had observed had been rather dull.
Ezra Stewart
Ezra Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:21 am

Sunny raised her eyebrows, surprised anew, at the offering of an exchange. Her expression brightened happily and she gently took the pouch, giving hers in return, "Don't worry, I have plenty. I'm sure my mother will send more if she's able. She always keeps tea in the house. My grandmother was very insistent on that."

She took a sniff of the pouch of new tea, then smiled, "Oh this smells lovely. Thank you so much! I'll definitely try it!"

She very gently tucked her new tea away and looked back up at the leopard, tipping her ears forward interestedly toward Ju Giao, "So, if you don't mind my asking, where do you come from? I was born and raised on Àperirà."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:42 am

Tigermark accepted the communicator, which the leopard shark recruit gingerly handed to him.

"Thank you, Recruit Triakis, quick and efficient."

He checked to make sure the battery was at full charge , and initiated the startup sequence so it would be ready when he gave it to Commander Steele. Then he realized the recruit had asked if there was anything more he could do. Tigermark looked up and smiled.

"No, Recruit, you're dismissed. That is, unless you want to stay close and chat with everyone some more. I may need a runner again."

With that, the tiger stepped into the tent and waited for Darius to finish with the turtle so he could deliver the communicator. He noticed the raccoon sitting in the chair at the back of the tent look up with an expression of trepidation. He'd read the file, and the charges seemed a bit off, but he'd let Commander Steele sort the matter out.

Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:19 am

With a nod, Razor turned from the tent, trotting towards the docks where he'd seen the other recruit. She hadn't moved it seemed, so he approached her. The wooden planks creaked under his feet as he got closer, his nostrils taking in the fresh air blowing in from the water. He'd been pretty annoyed when he'd swum over from his home island earlier that day, but right now, it didn't seem like such a bad idea to go for a swim....might consider it later.

He hailed the recruit once close enough, despite knowing that all the noise he'd made probably alerted her to his presence already.

"Good day to ya' miss. Ya' in need of some company?" Without waiting for her answer, he took a seat next to her at the edge of the pier, but gave her plenty of space. "Looks a bit lonely out here".
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Stewart Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:51 pm

Jiao raised his eyebrow subtly. He wasn't quite sure why the young marten raised her's, or what she had been expecting form him before. Of course it was probably harmless, nothing that was of ill intent. Too him though, it was always good to pay a gift back with another, a way of showing one's gratitude in a sense. Either way, he watched her intently as she talked. Observing her mannerisms and body movement, trying to read them to decipher further what her personality was like. Jiao did this subtly however, so as not to make her feel uncomfortable.

"I come from the island of Tinauare, though I have lived in other places for much longer than I have lived on my native island. So I cannot exactly say that it is my home. Though, if I may, what is it that has brought you here, being so far from home?"
Ezra Stewart
Ezra Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Sunny cocked her head to the side, listening with interest as the leopard explained where he was from. She could only guess there was a story behind it, but that was his to tell if he wanted to, so she wouldn't pry. There probably wouldn't be time for quite that much discussion anyway, as the commander would be moving the line forward as soon as he could. There seemed to be another issue, but she was uncertain of that one.

She flicked her tail and smiled a bit bashfully at the question, shrugging her shoulders a bit, "Well, I kept track of what the Overlord was up to for a long time. It seems to me like she's trying to do good things in the world, and I wanted to see if I could help with that somehow. I don't know for sure if I'll be all that useful, but I can try."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Stewart Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:57 pm

The leopard was a tad disappointed, though he didn't show it. Her answer was what he expected, at least it was noble. Most couldn't be moved to do a noble deed at any time in their lives, and usually only acted out of self interest. Though, he thought he would pry perhaps a little further into this, not rudely of course. He however could not resist his curiosity when it came to understanding people and their motives. There was also the fact that Jiao always sought the thoughts of the youth, and how they felt, so he continued.

"Why is exactly that you feel the need to come help? Why is it so important to you that you make sure the overlord succeeds in what she is trying to accomplish? Whatever that may be. " He asked inquisitively.

Ezra Stewart
Ezra Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:18 pm

Sunny's ears flicked quickly. She hadn't expected that question, but it wasn't like she hadn't answered it before. She'd already explained herself before. Her conversational smile dwindled a bit, transitioning to more hopeful, and a little bit sad.

Her fluffy yellow tail flicked up around in front of her and she took it in her hands, smoothing the fur as she spoke, "I grew up in a little fishing village, running errands and taking messages back and forth. It was great, but when I got older, I started paying more attention to the rest of the world... It's a lot different from the islands."

The smile faded away a bit as she thought over some of it, "There's a lot of great stuff out there, but there's a lot that needs to be better. People go hungry, they fight... The Overlord seems like she wants to make it better. To do that she's gonna have to go a long way."

She took a deep breath and steadied herself, bringing up that hopeful little smile again, "I thought maybe there was something I could do to help with that... It's worth a shot at least."

Finishing up, she reached up to fidget with her ponytail, chuckling to herself, "I had to explain it all to my mother when I told her I wanted to come out here. She took a lot of convincing."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Lexaniri would, shrug at first to some of the comments from the other fishermen. Many of them had years and patience on her, even in this situation where it was difficult to fish near the docks. She may have had better luck over at the stream, but then, it didn’t have as much activity either.

She had turned back, only to feel a nibble again that didn’t reveal much but a half-eaten bait before a new voice addressed her. At first her ears turned to Razor’s voice, then the rest of her head. At first she seemed to be a little expressionless, perhaps surprised, as she seemed to be making sure she was the one being addressed. It took a second to register, it seemed, but soon enough her expression seemed to soften, turning into a somewhat softer smile. She could tell Razor was of the shark lineage by his looks, but she wasn’t quite able to put her finger on what. At least the ones that could walk were at least polite it seemed.

“It could be appreciated, the fish are being sort of… uncooperative it seems. I think it’s most likely the noise and activity around here,” she offered. As he probably seen her about before hand, it would have been easy to tell she was probably a hopeful recruit, but she was out of uniform, wearing her own usual jungle adapted hunting clothing of a mix of leather and cloth.

She seemed to turn to look at her line once again, but dismiss it, she had been growing tired of trying to fish under these conditions. Even if the Commander caught her, he would need rather sharp eyes to tell considering the distance, how busy he was, and their initial conversation.

“So what brings you here? I believe I had saw you about the camp, here and there today,” she would say, trying to strike up some conversation.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotors91 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Razor looked out over the water. There were boats everywhere, bringing in supplies and the like and make all kinds of noise at the surface. He could only imagine how much louder the boat engines sounded beneath the waves.

"I'mma be honest with you miss, being a fish myself, I wouldn't want to hang around here either". He glanced down at her line, noting how still it was at this point. "The few brave fish that stick around seem to be smart enough to just take their food to go. If you really want to catch something out here, you'll be goin' after it yourself". Razor had a nice mental chuckle. Funny how he was planning to do just that later on if he got the chance.

Turning his attention to the brown furred, long-eared female, he found himself unsure of what type of animal she was...a mix maybe? He felt like he'd seen her before....WAIT. She'd been one of the those in the group that had been running when he arrived, which made her a recruit then. A uniformless one, but a recruit none the less, putting them both on some equal ground.  Her current attire didn't look half bad though, kinda tribal-ish

"What brings me where? Here to the island or here to sit next to such a lovely lady?" He half-smirked before his expression turned more thoughtful. This was actually the first time he'd been asked why he wanted to join the ranks, as his family wasn't really one to ask to many quiestons. "Well, to be completely honest with you, I wanted to get out and just...do something. A bit of a lame, prolly selfish reason, I know, but thats it. I'm always looking for new challenges and I couldn't get that where I was...and there's opportunity here that I really don't think I could get anywhere else. Wasn't about to let this pass me up! And, I  know the possibility is slim, but...I think it would be awesome to meet with more humans! Beyond the virtual world, you know?" He sighed, his shrugging shoulders.

"Simple reasons for a simple guy, right? Oh!" He offered his hand, "I'm Razor by the way. What's your name?"
Rotors91
Rotors91

http://Albo-Beati7.deviantart.com or furaffinity.net/user/meek-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Stewart Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Gu Jiao listened attentively, he liked what he heard. She seemed observant, curious, and most of all, determined. All things he liked to see in youth. He made a quick mental note of this, for she could become a possible student later on. Moving on he stroked his goatee thoughtfully, recollecting upon what she said. Though she was naive, she was not without wisdom. These facts of this young girl were quite impressive, if all in this camp where like her, surely the heavens would have blessed him. As he thought about what she had said he smiled brightly as Jiao came upon a realization, putting his hands behind his back, the leopard spoke once more.

"Thus, would you say that one should never do an evil act just because it is trivial, and to never leave a good act undone, just because it is small?"

He asked, with a small smirk on his face. Twiddling his mustache calmly as he awaited her answer.
Ezra Stewart
Ezra Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Darius smiled and coaxed the turtle into his tent. The communicator was in his hands now he he would take care of that after this. "Lets see here... Wilson... Ah! you wish to be a cook, well this is simple enough to help you with. I'll have you report officially to Research and Development for now, since its closest to the mess tents and you'll have all the ingredients you'll need. For the week you'll be preparing the courses for myself, and a random selection of recruits up to about three people each time. We'll evaluate your abilities and offer constructive advice where needed, does that sound good to you?" He handed him the slip with his tent assignment. "You needn't do it today but bonus points if you make my dinner this evening. I like fish." He grabbed his cane and pulled the flap open. "Welcome to the trianing camp, I'm sure you'll do just fine, Commander Tigermark will instruct you to the uniform tent. Don't call the next recruit in line though.. I have some business to attend to before hand."

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Sunny blinked rather blankly at first, not expecting a follow up question. She glanced skyward and twitched her ears in thought, considering the question posed to her. This gentleman seemed inclined to the deep lines of thought, which she didn't object to, aside from not expecting it.

After a moment or two of consideration, she glanced back at him, "Well... I suppose the short answer would be yes. Even if they're only small good things, they add up. Just like small bad things add up..."

Her ears perked when she heard the Commander speaking. Her eyebrows knit softly, then she nodded, glancing back at the leopard, "It looks like there's a little bit of a delay. I'm sure they'll have it handled in no time."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Stewart Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:58 pm

Jiao sighed quietly, he was rather eager to get settled down and maybe accomplish something. However, it seemed as if every time he was close to getting checked in. Something else would intervene, whether that be people getting called from the back, or from simply not being able to go in yet because of something else. It had been very irritating so far. Alas, he returned his attention to the young marten. Happy that she answered correctly, and that she followed this line of thought. Taking another note of this, he decided to continue the original conversation.

"So, what do you hope to do for the overlord?"

He asked, his arms behind his back.
Ezra Stewart
Ezra Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Sunny smiled broadly, but shrugged a bit bashfully, glancing off to the side and laying her ears back, "Well, when I signed up I expressed an interest in scouting. I grew up climbing trees and hiding in the woods, so once I get used to the jungles I should be bale to do something like that. I also ran a lot of messages since I was little, and little errands and packages. When you know the shortcuts through the forest between villages, it helps you move quicker."

A dark brown foot shuffled on the ground softly. Sunny felt just a little awkward talking much about her skills, and didn't want to seem like she was bragging, "I hoped maybe something like that would be helpful. If they don't need a scout, I'm pretty happy to run messages through the lair or things like that."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:29 pm

“Eh, sometimes simple is what some need to harken back to from time to time times, humm?” she chuckled at his introduction before a pause before shaking his hand. “Lexaniri, but those who know me call me Lex or Lexi,” she said taking a hand off the pole to shake Razor’s hand. She seemed to be someone who was fairly informal as well. No need to be too formal where there isn’t a need.

Lexaniri would shift a bit, mostly like she was stretching a little after having sat for so long with nothing to really challenge her so far. “Well, isn’t that one of the many ways of things? Sometimes it’s the strongest, sometimes it’s the smartest that can brave such situations?” she commented about the fish, “Though a few were neither of those, just nothing impressive,” she would loosen her grip on the rod a little relaxing some and partially because she knew little if anything would come. “Personally I don’t mind doing such in the streams, but in the sea, that’s a whole different issue. I don’t mind using a bow or a spear in order to do the same thing, as those can keep some of my hunting skills up,” she said shrugging a bit. “But the commander wanted me to go and try it like the other fishermen,” she added shrugging.

She would notice his curiosity to how she didn’t quite match most of the more common species here, but didn’t seem to let it bother her, she was use to some of those questions and curious looks, even though sometimes that caused some distrust. Overall though, she really didn’t have a way to explain her own differences to herself, be it mutation or something different. Either way, the reason behind her changes eluded her and she hadn’t bothered to pursue it as it really didn’t do much to change who or what she was to know about it.

She shook her head a little at his first answer, laughing a little, but mostly like that comment had brightened her day a little. “You know what I mean, there are many other reasons for that, but I don’t think the camp’s purpose is for a meet up,” she chuckled.

“Well, I have somewhat similar reasons here, I suppose,” she would say answering to Razor’s reasons for being here, “Kind of a moving on. Some didn’t take my presence so well back home, as I wasn’t quite like the rest. Nothing major like pitchforks or anything, but you could tell there was some discomfort. But really, I wanted some new and different challenges, travel through a few islands, maybe peddle what I can with my skills between hunting, tracking, and the like. Some like those who can move quietly or silently for a variety of reasons. But when I heard about this place and their tolerance, and the Overlord’s goals, it perked my interest. It would be nice to find someplace where you weren’t questioned as much, and more easily accepted, and perhaps put one’s skills to the good of more than just yourself,” she paused a bit, seeing what Razor’s reaction may be. “But I don’t know much about humans other than some bits of that literature that seems to creep into the islands from time to time. So I can’t say I am too knowledgeable of them.” She admitted.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Angewolf Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:31 pm

The turtle smiled and nodded "Yes Sir it sounds good to me!" He listened to the commanders preferred meal. He spoke as he slowly walked to the front of the tent. "Fish? it's one of my favorites hehe I will see what I can do."

Before exiting the tent the terrapin pulls out a small container from his bag with a smile he offers it to Darius. "There aren't many left but these are some homemade Bonito flakes if you'd like some to snack on while you are working with new recruits."

James then exits the tent steping to the side to speak with Commander Tigermark. "Um could you maybe point me in the direction of the Uniform Tent?"
Angewolf
Angewolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Stewart Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Jiao nodded as he listened.

"Being a runner is a very important job. Essentially, you help make sure that information, supplies, what have you. Get to the people who need them quickly and efficiently. Not to mention, if you come across vital piece of information, you will certainly be able to prepare our forces for future attacks, or help us prepare in advance for things that may otherwise be impossible to avoid."

He said this confidently, being well versed in this particular subject. Though he had learned many things under his master Seji, and even without his master. He had always been interested in the concept of strategical and tactical warfare. Scouts where essentially the vanguard of your force, and probably, next to spies, your single most important piece. They gathered intel, and other important things that you simply couldn't other ways.

"In this case, I will most likely be working with you in the future. If I get the job I hope to get. That being a strategist, or tactician. "

Jiao said this proudly, being one who considered himself to be very good in this field.

Ezra Stewart
Ezra Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:21 am

Sunny smiled and nodded an affirmative at the duties of runners and scouts. She hoped she could do some good if they chose to give her that position, "That's really nice to know. I'm sure if they can't use me for that I'll find something to do that's helpful, but I think I'd be more help doing something I'm good at..."

She twitched an ear a bit at his desired field, tilting her head, "A strategist, hm? That's probably a really demanding position."
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:02 am

Tigermark heard the tent flap open and overheard Darius' command, so he wasn't surprised when the recruit told him to hold up sending the next one in. He gave a nod to the turtle as he pointed across the way to the Uniform tent.

"Thank you, Recruit Wilson. The Uniform tent is over there, the one with the short line in front. The sign over the entrance says 'Uniforms.' Heh, you'll match up well, the tiles on your shell are already close to the Overlord's colors."

He then turned to the elder snow leopard who was next in line, talking with Sunny while he waited.

"Recruit Jiao, there will be a short delay while Commander Steele takes care of something. It should not be too long."

Tigermark then repeated the bow he'd done earlier.

"That is the official statement. Personally, I apologize, elder, for the delay. It could not be helped."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:44 am

Vince chuckled. "You're right, I'd hardly call that cooking. Anything instant..." He wrinkled his nose in distaste. "I mean, I can see it being necessary sometimes, but most of the time fresh will do better for you." He paused as Dean mentioned the early breakfast he'd had. Come to think on it, probably most of the recruits still in line probably hadn't had anything since then. He shrugged his rucksack off of his shoulders and fished momentarily in one of its pockets before withdrawing two strips of dried meat and swinging the pack back on his back. He offered one to the fox. "It's tuna, salted and smoked. Keeps pretty easily, though can be thirst-making," he said around the piece of the second strip that he had already put in his own mouth. "Should be fine if you have water on hand though. I know I saw one of the other recruits fetching water not long ago." His stomach appeased for the moment, Vince watched with light interest as Dean worked out the kinks in his trunk. "It really isn't that much effort to carry an insulated thermos." He gestured at the fox's trunk. "If you wanted, you could easily store it in there as well, and then you wouldn't have to make do without."

The spectacled bear looked to observe the rest of the line. It had already shortened considerably since his arrival, which was a relief to him, though he imagined it must be difficult for whomever was the commanding officer in the tent. The snow leopard who had unsettled him before was now engaged with a marten. Vince's eyebrows shot up in surprise. At least from here, the personalities of the two seemed opposite each other. That aside, it did ease his mind a bit that the snow leopard wasn't quite the glacier he had at first seemed to be. A shark recruit, already in uniform, had brought something to the tent before heading toward the docks, though the bear wasn't sure what it was. If it was important, he'd find out soon enough. The turtle's turn in the tent seemed to go quickly, and Vince caught himself hoping it would be his turn soon. Much as he was learning about his fellow recruits, the wait was beginning to grate on him, and he was eager to meet others who were currently out of easy speaking distance. Honestly, he was looking forward to his chance to make a study of the mess. There would undoubtedly be foods he hadn't tried before, new combinations of flavor and texture. Maybe he could even trade recipes with the cooks already stationed here. That would be fun.
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:05 am

Darius turned on the communicator and glanced at Devon before dialing the number. What followed was a languished conversation as Darius spoke with the local authorities over the communicator over what happened to give Devon a criminal record. The crime had happened a mere day ago but there were already quite a few leads in the case and Devon was at the center of it.

"Yes... yes... hmm I see.... And where did he acquire.... hmm that is... troubling yes... all of it experimental? Their condition? Well that's a releif at least..." He reached into one of his supply crates under his desk and pulled out a small spherical object and palmed it into his hand, clenching and unclenching it as he continued to speak. "No no... I completely agree, but She has the final say... Yes well I think we can work something out,... Prison security.... Yes the Irony isn't lost on me..." He took a deep breath. "Thank you, I'll be in touch with the results, yes... goodbye." Darius ended the call and looked darkly up at Devon, tossing the sphere in his hand a short distance before grabbing it again.

He walked slowly up to Devon, leaning on his cane and held out the sphere to just before his eyes. He pressed a button and covered Devon's face in a cloud of pepper spray and tear gas. The tip of his cane sparked to life with the electric tic tic tic of a shock pole and he pressed the tip hard against Devon's exposed ankle, giving him a jolt akin to a proper, if low powered tazer. He threw the ball away and snarled, speaking evenly.

"So you think that just becase you use a non lethal force that it excused you from what you did? ESPECIALLY with an untested weapon?" He leaned in close, seemingly uneffected by the tear gas that lingered in the air but was quickly dissipating. "You want to be a dungeon gaurd you know what you'll have to endure? You will be required to take a hit from every weapon Her Majesty has and every single one you'll use on someone. If your supiriors deign that you used excessive force on a prisoner? that same excessive force will be used on you." He leaned in closer. "Still want to go further with this? I'm giving you a chance, I shouldn't but I can. So I have to ask you, can you do the job you want or will you prove to me this week that you can't keep your temper in check?" He got up and exhaled, stifling a cough. "You have two options. Continue here, or the authorities on your home island. Choice is yours."

Admin
Admin

https://aukate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Stewart Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Jiao quickly turned to face the tiger, and bowed in the same fashion that he had prior. Making his robe twirl slightly around him. He had hoped that he had not shown his irritation to much. He did not want to give off the impression that he would be easily irritated at the slightest hold up... though he usually was. He certainly did not want anyone to know this, it gave people a bad taste in their mouths.

"There is no need to apologize, I understand perfectly that there are many unforeseen issues that will arise while you try to organize people."

His words where again slow and methodical. Nothing had changed in his demeanor whatsoever. Rising once more from his bow, he quickly fixed his facial har again, which had become somewhat of an embarrassment. Jiao looked at the tiger thoughtfully, and then smiled.

"I do however appreciate your concern."

He said this gratefully, and then slowly turned back to the young marten. With whom he had been enjoying a rather long conversation with. He shrugged his shoulders at the mention that being a strategist was a difficult position.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win."  

He chuckled a little, hoping that he made his point clear enough on the ways of being a strategist. However he sighed after this, as the smile dissipated from his face. Knowing that there was point he hadn't made clear.

"However, despite that, if one is unlucky in life, then sometimes it will not help how wise or intelligent you are. If the heavens determine that one shall not win, then there is no changing that fact."

After saying this, he considered the effect luck had played in his life, which was by no means a good one. He hoped that this would not affect his ability to strategize. He considered what he would do if he could not become a strategist or a tactician, what have you, and what his immediate worth would be. Very little he believed, due to his age. It would probably be best if he left at that point. Moving on, he thought for a moment, what if Sunny could not be a runner, perhaps she could train to be a spy? Thinking he observed her, his hand on his chin while his other arm held the other arm up. With small wiggle of his nose, making his long whiskers wiggle as well. Jiao spoke once more.

"Tell me, what other skills do you have Sunny?"
Ezra Stewart
Ezra Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Bond Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:01 pm

Feeling left out from the other conversations, Charon wandered towards the elder leopard. Seeing a fellow feline seemed to calm him from the new experiences he was introduced to not to mention the leopard's obvious age difference didn't effect him at all. Just the opposite, Charon always looked up to those adults in his village as they always were imparting their wisdom to the younger cubs, if they stood still long enough to listen to what they have to say. He was just the opposite, he sometimes was a nuisance by listening to their stories and wisdom. Maybe it was why he was always so alert for the smallest detail because he digested his elders' statements like they were the last drink of water he would ever have.
Charon Bond
Charon Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next