Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 19 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Merrihop Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Sunny perked her ears when the commander called for her. Hearing his request, she nodded smartly and turned to Ian, "Yeah I should take care of that. I don't think I'll be too long."

She started to scurry off, but stopped short, glancing back, "Oh and I'm from Àperirà!"

Hurrying to the mess, she perused the food for a few minutes. Something of substance... bread... but who knew how long the commander had been working without eating. She ultimately decided to grab one of the tasty bread rolls and a piece of particularly nice looking fish, making the commander a sandwich. If he was busy it would be better if he had something he could enjoy one handed. Not knowing what he'd like on top of it, she gathered a few condiments and vegetables on the side, and a water, before making her way back out of the mess.

A short stroll back to the commander's tent, and Sunny stopped out front of the flap, clearing her throat and calling out, "Commander, it's Sunday, I have the food you asked for!" Before carefully poking her head inside. She thought she'd seen a recruit leaving as she approached, but it was rude to barge in.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 19 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Akkarri Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:50 am

Lex would pause with her utensils and lay it on the tray quietly while Vince introduced himself. “I’ve been assigned to work base ops as well. What exactly, not sure yet,” she said with a shrug. “At least getting a chance to meet someone else who’ll be working with the same officer,” she would say offering a bit of a smile. “At least, you’ll have some fun there, working on the cook staff, get a chance to experiment with menus and tastes, humm?” she would say with a quizzical raising of her eyebrow.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:46 am

"Oh absolutely!" His hesitation melted away as he began on this familiar topic. "There are loads of options here, and different from back home too." He paused for a split-second, then explained, "We're a smaller town, fewer species mingling, fewer imports. Even the insects here are impressive; the candied ones are actually quite good, though the spiced grasshoppers are less to my taste. Too sharp. Perhaps though, if you put them with a nice leafy salad, dried fruit, nuts, grated parmesan...." He stopped. The pause drew on and he worried the edge of the table again. "I'm getting ahead of myself though. I mean, what if they don't like my cooking?"
Schemmer
Schemmer

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/selas/

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:53 am

Lex listened as she seemed to have stumbled into one of Vince’s passions.  She chuckled inwardly, sometimes having insights on what a cook thinks can be quite entertaining in its own way.  She hadn’t tried the insects like he was speaking of, nor was she particularly fond of them, though she would eat them when needed.

With the pause, and Vince’s concerns about his cooking, she would try and give him a reassured smile.  “Don’t worry about such things,” she said, in a soothing way, “Everyone has their own tastes, and you’ll never make something that satisfies absolutely everyone.  Taste is very subjective and what some find delicious, some might not care for.  The biggest thing is variety there.  But I’m sure any others from your island would enjoy a taste of home from time to time,” she would end with a smile, even as her one ear twitched a little.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Vince smiled, he was still a little nervous of course, but it was nice to hear someone else say what he'd been trying to convince himself of. "You're right. If you don't mind my asking, what's the food like where you're from? Maybe I can make a 'taste of home' for you as well." He had not exactly said 'thank you,' but the bear hoped that that would be implicit in his offer.
Schemmer
Schemmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyotecanuck Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:11 pm

Ian entered the commanders tent and stood at attention. "Recruit Frayne reporting for duty, sir" he addressed Darius with a salute. "I must apologize for my late arrival, the ship I was travelling on experienced some engine difficulty during the voyage."
Coyotecanuck
Coyotecanuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Steele Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:31 am

Darius smiled up at the young recruit. "Good afternoon." He thumbed through his file and smiled. "another young buck for R&D, Wolfbane will be thrilled. You'll be in the second class tomorrow, I think the first one is full so sometime in the afternoon go to the R&D tent for your evaluation. Commander Tigermark outside will direct you toward the uniform tent to pick up your uniform." He pulled a slip of paper from the pages of the file. "Here's your tent assignment, Dissmissed! Tell the next recruit to come in on your way out."
Darius Steele
Darius Steele

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:25 am

Sunny saw Ian leave the tent and smiled warmly, "Welcome aboard!" She chirped, then peeked into the tent, "Excuse me, commander, I brought the food you asked me to get."

She set the tray on the desk containing the fish sandwich and additional toppings and condiments on the side, "You said something with substance, so I thought maybe you'd like a little protein... Is there anything else I can do for you sir?"
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Steele Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:28 am

"Not right now, thank you Miss Sunday. I'm almost done here and then I can finally relax." He gave her a small smile. "Thank you again." He picked up the sandwitch and took a quick bite of it before the next recruit came in.
Darius Steele
Darius Steele

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:06 am

Tigermark watched the coyote with the grease stains in his fur enter and a short time later exit Commander Steele's tent.

"Recruit Frayne, the uniform tent is over there, with the sign over the door. The quarters tents are down that way, and the mess tent is just this way of them. You might want to clean up a little more before you put on your uniform. The latrines and showers are over that way. Welcome."

He watched Recruit Sunday slip into the Commander's tent with some food for Darius, so he waited a moment to give him sme time to eat a bite. He then turned back to what looked to be the last recruit in line. A dark-furred wolfess with purplish hair.

"Recruit, you're next, go on in."

Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwolf1513 Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:56 am

Her mind was wondering around looking at the many different people walking up and about, some peek her interest. As the coyote walks inside the tent she moves a little to with her bag at hand.

But now she was next and she was a little nervous about meeting the Commander, but then she looks up at the white tiger standing next to the tent. She smiles warmly to him. "Thank you Commander"

She moves her wings a little as she walks inside the tent to see Commander Steele. She puts her bag down and salutes the Commander "Hello Commander Steele"
Nightwolf1513
Nightwolf1513

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrihop Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:53 pm

Sunny perked her ears, seeing the other recruit come in. She smiled warmly and nodded, then addressed the commander herself, "Please excuse me, sir. If there's anything else I can do to help, just let me know."

She smiled again before leaving the tent politely, not wanting to intrude on the other recruit's check-in. So she stood near the tent for a few moments, glancing around and wondering where James had gotten to since his check-in. Surely he'd already gotten his uniform? She'd go find him soon, if no new instructions came in a few minutes.
Merrihop
Merrihop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:34 pm

“Oh, I’m from Tiùnu, generally plenty of fruits, fish, and meat when one can get it. A lot of cooking over a fire at my home actually,” she said sounding a little nostalgic. “Plenty of island spicing too,” she would add. “Not too complex really, probably not too different from too many other islands,” she said giving a shrug with a smirk.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyotecanuck Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:58 am

Ian took the slip of paper the commander handed him. "Thank you commander" he replied. He exited the tent, giving Sunny a warm smile as he passed.

He listened intently as Tigermark gave him directions to different parts of the camp. "Thank you sir, I'll definitely get cleaned up before getting my uniform." Ian headed off in the direction of the showers.
Coyotecanuck
Coyotecanuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyotecanuck Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:36 pm

After a quick shower to remove the last of the grime from his fur, Ian went to get his new uniform. With a little help from the gecko lady working at the uniform tent, Ian soon found a uniform that fit him quite well. The uniforms were surprisingly light and comfortable, doing very little to restrict the wearers movement. Thanking the gecko lady, Ian picked up a spare uniform and went to his tent to drop off his things.
Coyotecanuck
Coyotecanuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Schemmer Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:32 pm

Vince replied with a slight smile, "Well if you ever have anything specific you want, let me know and I'll see about making it happen. And if it's something a little more adventurous, well, it's nice to keep the cooking interesting."
Schemmer
Schemmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkarri Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:59 pm

Lex chuckled, “Well, well, at least you’re not afraid of something adventurous, humm?  I might be able to think of a couple items, but those might be better for a time when we, what shall it be called… Graduate?” she said, sitting back a little, having her fill.  “For now, I don’t think things will be bad, but I don’t think things will be too overly elaborate, at least not without a few additional items, humm?  I mean I can find plenty of fun and interesting fruits and herbs for a few dishes,” she chuckled.
Akkarri
Akkarri

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:06 pm

Stepping off of one of the recruit barges with a small rucksack over one shoulder in his home-made vest the young wolf would step onto the dock avoiding being run over by a few who moved past him. He hadn't ever been on another island and had stopped to enjoy the scent of the new land.

He quickly found himself wandering around the maze of tents catching pieces of multiple conversations and the smell of food being cooked. None of these really kept his attention and after a few minutes he noticed the small line gathering in front of one of the tents he decided to join in the wait, the line slowly shuffled forward, upon reaching the opening he'd knock lightly on the flap, "Uh hello is this where i come to get my orders." he read the words OFFICER'S QUARTERS on the side. "Sirs?" He waited patiently to be let in or sent away.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:00 pm

A small fishing boat approached the docks of the island standing waiting with her packs on her upper and lower backs was a black furred cat-taur. As the ship pulled alongside the dock Jess made the jump from deck to dock looking back at the ship as the crew emerged, giving them a small wave "thanks for the ride guys, I owe you all a drink or two when I come visit"

Her statement was met with a few lighthearted chuckles and nods, one of the crew yelling "you better Jess." the same man grabbed a large duffel bag from at his feet and tossed the heavy bag with ease to the cat-taur who caught it with her free hand and shouldered it. "Take care." He called before the ship steamed off to continue its fishing.

Turning herself back towards the island edge let out a low whistle seeing the mass of tents, her eyes picking out a line snaking around the camp leading to one tent in particular. Hedging her bets thats where she need to go she brushed a lock of her red hair out of her eyes before she shouldered her bags as she started her walk towards the back of the line give small nods and smiles to those who paid her any mind as she took her place in line.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Stepping off the recruit barge, the tigress walked confidently on the island. The place was abuzz with activity, personnel going from tent to tents, orders and directions being given and received, tents erected for every purpose needed, boxes of useful stuff stacked neatly, or unstacked when needed. The scents of a thousand people from dozens of different species wafted to her nose, mixed with the scent of new clothing and of the many kind of food being prepared in the mess tent.

It was a little bit overwhelming for Tamara, as the tigress had spent most of her life on the solitude of the wilds, hunting and exploring, and her village was quite small. But that was the life she choose, and she wasn't going to back down now because there was more people than she expected.

She had been told to report to the commander of the place, a certain General Darius Steele, and she would bet her last trophy that he was at the end of the not so long line of people that led to one specific tent that wasn't the mess one. She joined the line and waited patiently.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:30 pm

Jess sat back on her haunches waiting for the line to move again when she heard some one walk up behind her. turning her upper body she looked up at the tigress behind her taking a second to look her over before she offered a hand and friendly smile, "hey there, you new here too?"
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygon Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:54 am

She would have much preferred to swim, but felt it would have been inappropriate. So Mara arrived on one of the recruit barges. The considerations did not extend much beyond that though, for the feline still looked like she was ready to take a swim, clad in a dark green swimsuit, a watertight bag with her meager belongings slung over her back.

For a few moments she just stood there, looking around and earning a grumble from more than one other recruit, since she was very much in the way. Mara was quite obviously nervous. Her tail twitched and flicked about and she was clutching the strap of her bag like a lifeline as she tried to get her bearings. She did not deal well with unfamiliar situations, and considering her upbringing, many situations were unfamiliar to her.

Eventually though the yumar gathered her courage and started walking again. She made her way past the tents, through the activity, head turning left and right. It takes Mara a bit, but eventually she finds the line of new recruits and figuring it the right thing to do, she joins it. She was still looking around with a mixture of nervousness and curiosity while at the same time trying to calm herself down enough to not mess this up somehow.

Tygon

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:59 am

Jax's ear flicked, turning to the source of the sound he saw a young cheetah woman moving towards the line, he turned around to face her extending a hand, "Hello my name is Jax, you new here as well?" he looked over his shoulder for a moment, "Commanders must be busy been out here for a few minutes, so I think it'd be safe to chat for a bit." Eying the cheetah's attire, tilting his head a bit, but not saying anything about it on account it may come off as rude to ask.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:15 am

The tigress smiled and shook the hand of the cat-taur. "Yes, I just arrived here. Name's Tamara, nice to meet you," she said while her emerald eyes quickly took in Whitetail's body. Taurs were a very rare sight around her village, or on her island as a whole.

Then she turned as Jax did to look at the newcomer. "Hello," she said to the cheetah while extending a hand as well. "Name's Tamara, nice to meet you."

"It would seem so," said Tam to Jax, while coking her head a bit and glancing towards the Commander's tent. "Or maybe processing new recruits takes more time than we think, who knows?" she commented with a little shrug.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:37 am

"Pleasure to meet you Tamara, I'm Jess, though most people just call me Whitetail, for obvious reasons." She said with a small chuckle as she shifted the weight of her packs around easing the sore spots she was developing. Her eyes flicked over to the commander's tent curious as to when it would be her turn. She settled down preparing for the wait that was inevitable.

her ears flicked around as she watched the goings on of the camp, her mind jumping around trying to determine where she would be placed. A hand instinctively dropping to her waist as a bout of nerves washed over her, her mind registering after a few seconds that object she was searching for was stowed in her duffle bag. She had never been very good with large groups of people, and the sheer size of the camp sunk in. Counting back from ten she let out a sigh getting her nerves under control. Looking back to Tamara and the Cheetah giving them a friendly smile, "so what did you two used to do before signing up here?"
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next