Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 21 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 21 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Whitetail Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Jess looked up from whatever object she had fished from one of her many bags, upon spotting the lioness she turned her upper torso to face her as she answered her question, "He's In the tent there, but we're all just waiting our turns." she hooked a thumb over her shoulder pointing out the specific tent. taking a second to wipe some grease from her hand onto a rag she offered her hand to her. "I'm Jess by the way, though I usually go by whitetail."
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 21 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Tygon Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 pm

Mikia made a face as she looked at the tent Jess was pointing at. "Well, that's inconvenient," she said with a huff. As she was offered a hand though the lioness shook it enthusiastically. "Hello, I'm Mikia. A pleasure!" she replied to the introduction, smiling widely once more.

"Already making friends, hm?" Mikia's brother said as he walked up from the dock. He was carrying not one but two huge trunks. "Maybe she can help you carry your stuff."

"Don't listen to him," the lioness said while waving her hand in a dismissive way. "He loves the chance to show off to some ladies who aren't wise to his ways yet. Now, you hurry off and get the rest of my stuff," she added, making shooing motions at her brother, who chuckled again as he wandered off, back to the docks.

Tygon

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:08 pm

Shifted the weight of his bag on his shoulder studying Commander Tigermark, taking a step forward, "Was that my invitation in sir?" Jax's ear twitched as he caught two more voices behind him one female and one male he didn't break his gaze from the commander and instead waited further orders.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:22 pm

Tamara straightened some as Tigermark stepped out of the tent and addressed them. He seemed to be the aide-de-camp of the officer in charge, that General Steele, so it seemed like a good idea to be listening. Though the explanation was short and to the point.

The tigress looked at the new arrival, a lioness, cocking her head to the side a bit, a bit surprised at how casually she acted and talked. A slight smile adorned her muzzle at the antic with her brother.

"I'm Tamara, nice to meet you," she said after Whitetail did, extending a hand to be shaken as well. "Are you planning to enlist together?" she asked, curious.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygon Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 pm

"Mikia," the lioness replied, offering her own name as she shook Tamara's hand. "Nice to meet you too. Who, me and him?" Mikia then asked, pointing back at her brother, who didn't seem in much of a hurry. As much as she was teasing him, he did walk slow enough so that any female around had a chance of noticing him. "Naw, he just took me here. I wouldn't know which end of a boat was the front if it wasn't pointy."

Mikia laughed in her good-natured way. However, the laugh died as Tamara's words really sank in. "Wait, enlist? No way! I'm looking for a job, not to join the army!"

Tygon

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:10 am

She chuckled softly looking at the lioness's reaction relaxing back on her haunches "I'm sure there are plenty of other jobs around here to do." she said offering the lioness a reassuring smile. "I'm just looking for place where i can lead a good life personally, But I'm fairly sure there are non military positions available."
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:53 am

"Or non-combatant positions within the Overlord's military, like R&D or Logistics or such," added Tamara with the same kind of reassuring smile than Whitetail gave to the lioness.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:39 am

Tigermark gave a half-grin.

"Eager, eh Recruit Erring? NO, Just a preliminary to make sure you're all ready to move. General Steele will let me know when he's ready for you. Be ready to move when he does."

He then heard the greetings as a lioness walked up to the end of the line, with a large male lion acting as her porter. He arched an eyebrow as she declared her interest in a job, but not "enlisting.

"It will be interesting to see how Darius deals with that one," the tiger thought to himself.
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:57 pm

A grin spread on his face, "Just itching to show what I can do." he shifted a bit turning his head to listen to the small conversation, but didn't want to accidentally say something to upset the newest arrival to the small line. His mind began to wander on the thought of what this General Steele looked like or would assign him to do.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Tamara glanced over the tent, and she couldn't help but let her eyes roll over Tigermark's body. White tigers were a very rare sight on her part of the island, though she did met some of them while out on a hunt or doing some delivery toward the nearest port town.

And this one had quite a fame to his name. Not many felines from her home island of Pèperuare went on to build flying machine and fly them around the island for fun, before joining someone who was, at the time, barely known on the whole archipelago and accompany them until they rose to the ultimate power over the whole chain of islands.

Though, all of those considerations asides, Tamara thought that Tigermark looked kind of cute, and that the uniform gave him a slightly regal stance. Though, on his way of speaking and his manners, there was no doubt that he knew his place on the local food chain, and the place of everyone else.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygon Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:38 pm

Mikia crossed her arms, a skeptic expression on her face. "They better!" she said, followed by a bit of indistinct grumbling. She clearly wasn't thrilled that by the fact that things weren't going quite as she had imagined.

The lioness got distracted from the brooding thoughts though as she noticed that Tamara's interest had been caught by something, or rather, someone.

"Me-ow!" she said after following the tigress' gaze and finding Tigermark. "Not really fond of stripes myself, but that is one handsome cat! And man, does he fill out that uniform nicely!" Mikia wasn't really one to hold back her opinions and thoughts, and thus didn't think twice about announcing that she thought the tiger was a very good-looking feline.

Tygon

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:45 pm

Jess traced both Mikia and Tamara's gazes herself and gave a soft chuckle and shook her head noticing what they were starring at. She smiled only giving the tiger a small nod as she was sure he was in some position a lot higher than hers and always found it best just relax in situations like this. Turning her attention back to the device she was fiddling with, keeping herself occupied till it was time to get her assignment.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:14 am

Tigermark crossed his arms in front of him, left hand on top so his ring showed. a slight lop-sided smirk on his face.

"Thank you, Miss. My wife thinks so, too. Welcome to Kua Kua and Basic Training for all those who wish to serve the Overlord, or just live on Isla Aukate'."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:18 am

Chuckled a little, sliding his bag over his shoulder and digging out the jerky bag from earlier pulling a few pieces free, offering some to Tigermark, "Want some?" accept or not he'd poke a few into his own mouth.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:49 am

Tigermark smiled slightly.

"Thank you, Recruit, but I'm fine. I had a nice breakfast, and if I want the ladies, including my TL, to still say 'Me-ow' I'd best not snack. Nice of you to bring and share. It might still be a while before you get your uniforms and go to lunch."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:32 am

pointed back to Jess, "Actually Jess here was the one kind enough to give it me, so if anyone should be thanked it's her sir."
He proceeded to stuff another few pieces into his mouth before closing the bag.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:55 am

"Ah, well then, thank you, Recruit. Your name is?"
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:26 pm

Jess turned back having heard her name mention to find the tiger looking at her. "Jess sir," She replied, "though I mostly go by Whitetail." she dropped her project into her bag and shouldered it once again as she walked over to stand by Jax chuckling a little as she saw how much jerky he was eating, "Enjoying my cooking Jax?" she turned back nodding her head to the tiger offering a free hand, "Pleasure to meet you Sir."
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygon Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:45 pm

For a moment Mikia wore a disappointed expression. But then she smiled again and shrugged. "Ah well, gotta keep looking then," she said.

A minute or so later her brother appeared again with more trunks and suitcases. "Okay, I think this is about everything," he announced after adding them to the pile. "Are you... sure you're gonna be alright?"

"Aww, worried about me?"

"What? Of course not! But dad told me to make sure you are," the lion replied quickly.

"Of course. C'mere you big lug," Mikia replied and pulled her brother into a rib-crushing hug. "I'm gonna miss you, little bro."

"I'm gonna miss you too, sis." He was about to turn around, but the lioness grabbed him by the mane.

"Wait!" she commanded and motioned him to lean down. The lion sighed with playful exaggeration and did as bidden, leaning down into his head was level with Mikia's. She reached into a pocked and drew something out. There was a flash of metal and the click-click-clack noises of a butterfly knife. What she eventually brushed against her brother's mane was not a blade though but a comb. From another pocket she produced a small bottle from which she squirted gel into the thick mass of hair. For a minute or so she worked until the lion's mane was in a state that she approved of, still looking kinda wild and messy but in a very handsome, stylish way.

"There, now you can go," Mikia said with a bright smile.

"Thank sis," her brother replied and gave her a peck on the cheek.

"Oh, and by the way," the lioness added, "I think the tigress is available." She pointed at Tamara and winked to her brother.

"Dad would kill me," the lion replied with a laugh.

"That never stopped you before."

The lion drew his sister into a hug, not unlike the one she had given him before. "I'll be sure to visit you soon."

"You better. Now take off, you're scaring my future customers!"

With another laugh, and a long glance at Tamara, Mikia's brother walked back to the docks. The lioness watched after him for a while before turning her attention back to to events closer by.

Tygon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Tamara meeped when Mikia talked, realizing that she had been caught red-handed staring. Fortunately, the white tiger didn't seemed to have seen her, and, with the lioness attracting the attention, it seemed that she was more or less safe this time. Though now she looked at the lioness, quite curious about her very extrovert behaviour. While her own family and people were not especially shy, most of them wouldn't be that open and loud with strangers they havenet' even been introduced to!

"Thank you," she replied to Tigermark as he welcomed them all on the island. She glanced at the tent quickly, wondering whta was keeping the General so busy that they hadn't been called yet. She didn't really minded waiting, it was part of the game for new recruits, it seemed, but her natural curiosity was still there, making her want to know, if only for the sake of knowing by itself.

Tamara sighed as Mikia told her brother that she was available, thinking that it was a good thing that the lioness wasn't joining the military. It would have been quite stressful to be in the same unit than her, if she was always this loud and extrovert. Though, she admitted to herself that her brother was kind of nice looking. But there was no way she would say it, and certainly not to Mikia.

Reaching forward, she gently grabbed the bag from Jax's hands and took a couple pieces of the meat. Her last meal was quite a lot of hours ago, and hunger was beginning to set in, not helped by the smells coming from the mess tent that sometimes wafted their way as the breeze changed direction. She could go without eating for a few days, as did the hunters of her village, when need be, but, the better if she could avoid it.

She handed the bag to Mikia and leant toward the lioness. "So, what kind of jobs would you be performing here, if you're not joining the military?" she asked, curious.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Nodded, "Yeah it's quite good, makes me wish i had brought some of my own." he looked back, a snerk escaping his throat as he spotted the pile of 'things' that the lioness, Mikia had brought with her. He spoke softly to Jess, "Think she's moving in for good." his eyes remained for a few moments on Mikia's brother, his mind drifted a bit thinking on the subject of siblings.

He shifted to his left and right a few times before settling on leaving the majority of his weight on his left leg. He couldn't place the scent that was coming from the food tent, though it was a mix of quite a few varieties based on the odd mixture of smells, probably things to cater to the different species that were here to enlist.

He had started to move the bag to place with his things when Tamara dug into the quickly depleting jerky bag, "At this rate I think we'll eat an entire deer before we get to the mess hall, Jess." Jax simply kept the bag out for Tamara until she was one taking her bit from the bag, before extending his free hand to Tigermark, "Not sure if it's better to shake hands or salute yet."
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:47 am

Tigermark clasped the hand the feline taur extended.

"A pleasure, Miss. At this time in the training, You'll be addressed as Recruit and your last name. After a bit, I may call you Jess or Whitetail, but starting out it's a bit more formal."

He then accepted the hand Recruit Erring offered.

"A handshake is fine for now for me, since you haven't been taught the proper salute yet. I...don't think it would be a good idea with General Steele. Just report in when you go in the tent like this. 'Recruit' and state your full name, 'reporting, sir.' That will do. You don't want to be overly familiar with him. Answer any question he asks, and be ready to leave the tent when he tells you to."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:57 am

she nodded smiling "I would have expected that, and thanks for the heads up."

she looked to Jax and chuckled softly as his jerky was pilfered. "Don't worry I brought plenty for a reason Jax." she stole a few pieces herself munching on them as she sat back on her haunches. looking back over her shoulder to where Tamara and Mikia were standing giving them a small wave before she turned back forward; looking back at the tiger,  "Sir if you don't mind me asking what is your role here?"
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygon Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:49 pm

Mika accepted the bag with a smile, giving it an experimental sniff before she took a morsel of meat to try it. "Mm, not bad," she commented and grabbed a whole hand full before handing the bag back.

"Me? I'm a hair stylist," the lioness announced proudly, the butterfly comb twirling in her free hand. "Want anything done with your mane or fur, I can do it!"

Tygon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:18 pm

"A hair stylist? That explains what you did to your brother then," she said. "Well, I do hope that they allow some liberty in the haircuts and such for those who are in the Overlord's military, else you might find your job quite dull if you're always doing the same haircut that is dictated by regulations," added Tamara, chuckling some.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next