Isla Aukate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

+28
Whitetail
Astralin
Darius Steele
Nightwolf1513
Coyotecanuck
Schemmer
Charon Bond
Archeus
DeanFox
Ezra Stewart
Angewolf
Dragonwolf
Rotors91
KRancourt
Secateur
TheSphinx
Koichi18
BanditRingtail
Tigermark
Akkarri
Merrihop
tobi3B
KeirStryker95
Shard Loren
Solitair
Sylvian
Socks the Fox
Admin
32 posters

Page 22 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 22 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Tygon Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:01 am

There was a proud nod from Mikia at Tamara's words. At least until she went on. Those words made her glance about the area, eyeing people critically. "THey better!" she eventually said, arms crossed again. "If they don't, that's the first thing I'm gonna have them change. Imagine, everyone running around with the same hairstyle. Horrible!" The lioness actually shuddered lightly at the thought.

"So, what are you going to do?" She asked Tamara after giving herself a light shake to get rid of the unpleasant sensation.

Tygon

Back to top Go down

On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed) - Page 22 Empty Re: On the island of Kua'kua - Day 1 (Thread Closed)

Post by Tigermark Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:58 am

Tigermark gave a lopsided smirk.

"I don't mind, Recruit. You won't find out unless you ask questions. I am Commander Tigermark M'Rega of Her Majesty the Overlord's Military Service. On Aukate', I'm in charge of the Aerial forces. That is, if it or they fly, I'm their commander. Here on Kua Kua, I do military training. Today though, I'm General Steele's Aide de Camp. That is, I assist him as needed."

"And to answer the question before it's asked, no the Overlord's Services don't have a regulation hairstyle. With the variety of species and such, it'd be near-impossible to set a fair standard. Plus, with only a few exceptions, we don't wear helmets or headgear, so as long as it isn't too outlandish it would be fine. Heh, I'd say as long as it looks good with the uniform, Her Majesty will approve."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:45 pm

Jess nodded smiling a little, "Sounds like a fun position." She shrugged off her back again rubbing her shoulder "I'm a hunter by trade, but I'm also a bit of a self taught engineer, and weapons designer." She relaxed enjoying this chance to just talk with the commander the command structure became an issue.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:09 am

Jax nodded, "Ah well I suppose that makes sense it's also a bit of a relief that there isn't any strict hair policy." he reached up and tugged at the bit of his own hair that dripped onto his forehead pushing it to the right side of his face with a chuckle, he turned to look at the Mikia, "If it get's to unkempt i'll be sure to ask for you lass." Turning towards the tent again he noted the uniform that the tiger was wearing, "Speaking of uniforms are these the officer specific versions of it?"
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:26 pm

"I'm fairly good at hunting and scouting," she replied to Mikia, "and I know my way around herbs and such, to make some natural medicines and also some cooking. And I run fast too. So I guess I'd end up as scout or on some sort of advanced reconnaissance team, or whatever they call it."

She smiled and nodded at Tigermark when he said that there was no regulation haircuts, then she looked back at Mikia. "Well, in that case, I'll make sure to come to you when I want to change my current hairstyle. I like to experiment with various style and colors. If you're as good as you claim to be, I might become a regular customer," she finished with a grin.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Tigermark gave a nod. Good, a curious and inquisitive group.

"Not much call for weapons design, as the Overlord maintains a strict non-lethal force policy. But if you're inclined toward engineering, perhaps you'll go to Research and Development. Recruit Tamara, if scouting is your skill, then you'll go to the Military as a scout, most likely. Recruit Erring, the uniforms are all the same basic design and color. Rank and section are denoted by where and how much the gold trim covers at the cuffs, collar, and on the tabard. When you get to the wear of the uniform class, you'll get a handout showing what trim goes with each rank and position. There are a few specialty uniforms for special jobs, like the flight suit I wear when I fly."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:38 pm

Jess raised a brow hear the mention of non-lethal and sighs "well damn, I hope can hold onto my personal stuff." she rubbed the back of her head, "R&D does sound fun though." she looked back over at Mikia smiling a little "I'll keep you in mind if this mess I call hair gets more out of hand." She reached back checking to make sure her hair was still tied up.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygon Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:03 pm

Mikia wore a big grin that showed a lot of pointy teeth. Sure, she wasn't the only one with those here, but still, from a lioness that usually had some effect, even if unintended.

"Good, good," she said, looking around. For a few moments she let her imagination wander, musing about what she could do with all the various hairstyles presented to her. A lot of potential, no doubt. "I think I'm looking forward to working here," she eventually added, before eyeing Tigermark critically. "Not sure how thrilled I am about the uniform though."

Tygon

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:18 pm

Jax also raised a brow at the mention of non-lethal force, not that he was against the idea, but more worried he may be in trouble. Jax slid his bag around and off his shoulder, onto the ground softly.

Loosening the drawstrings Jax pulled forth a folded-bow, sliding his hand down to the curved section to hold it slightly above his head, "Does that mean that I'll have to give the commander my bow from home?" it wasn't strung nor were any arrows present he had just thought it may come in handy either for training or as a small reminder of home. Still he held it up until it was clear weather he had made a mistake in bringing it or not.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:17 pm

"In the past," Tigermark began, a neutral expression on his face, his tail flicking slightly behind him. "Anything larger than a utility knife has been, ah, sent back to the recruit's family for safekeeping. Her Majesty is, as I said, very, very serious about the non-lethality policy. Don't worry, as long as you're up front with us and let us know about any personal weapons, they'll be held in General Steele's tent until we can send them on. Recruit Erring, unless that was mounted on a plaque as a decoration, then I'm sorry, it will be sent home."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:48 pm

Nodded "I understand" he slipped the bow back into his bag, "I'll give it to the General when he see's me then." he shouldered the bag and shifted a bit as he stood. Picking the last bit of the jerky in the bag out he popped it into his mouth before wadding up the bag in his hand.
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:22 am

Jess listened in on the conversation about weapons and sighed smiling a little sadly as she heard the conclusion. "Well I guess its a good thing I left all my hunting gear back on Tepetema, Gonna miss those things." she said more to herself than to anyone in particular.

Last edited by Whitetail on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:52 pm

"That would suit me, Commander," she replied to Tigermark. "However, as a huntress, I do have one question about that non-lethal force policy: does it also apply to hunting? I mean, I do not know about you, or the others, but I can't really live on herbs, fruits and vegetables only," she said with a slightly playful grin on her black lips. "And I heard that the central islands are very good for hunting wild preys. So, is hunting authorised or do you have other means to provide us carnivores with meat?"
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:45 pm

Jax scented the air catching a few wiffs coming from the food tent, "Smells like they've got meats cooking, can't really tell what kind though." he was pretty curious as to how the cooks received their produce used for cooking, surely they didn't have enough time to hunt it themselves. "I can't believe that the cooks themselves have the time to collect all that they need, and packaged meats are never quite as flavorful."
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:22 pm

Tigermark grinned, very, very toothily.

"Oh, meat is definitely on the menu. Usually we just use those who flunk out of basic training. Still serving the Empire and all that."

Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:08 pm

Tamara grinned back at Tigermark, in much the same way he did, though the way her tail flicked betrayed her amusement. "I'd rather say that you are serving them to the Empire, but that's just linguistics." She was really beginning to like the white tiger.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:37 pm

Jess snickered at the commandeers joke looking between the rest of their group to gauge their reactions, her earlier depression gone.

"Good one Sir."
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygon Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:40 pm

It took Mikia a moment to get the joke. She was looking a bit confused for a few moments before it sank in. Then she laughed out, quite loudly too. "Well, as long as they are well seasoned, I don't mind," the lioness replied, wearing another very toothy grin.

Tygon

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:50 pm

Chuckled at the joke, "Hope they don't forget to trim the fat at least," after a few moments he'd clear his throat, "On a more serious note sir, what is General Steele like?"
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:45 pm

Tigermark thought a moment on how to phrase his answer, knowing his CO was well within earshot of what he would say.

"Rather stern and serious. Will let you know in no uncertain terms if you cross a line or anger him. Very good strategist, and the job he does here as Camp Commander, which in part is determine which department each recruit goes into, he does very effectively and efficiently. You'll likely not see him smile, but you can take what he says as the absolute best thing for you to do."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Tamara listened to Tigermark's comment about his superior officer, thinking that it would be very useful information for later, since this General Steele obviously had bigger responsibilities than just handling the new recruits.
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitetail Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:27 pm

Jess perked her ears up turning her attention back to the commander maki9ng a mental note of the information they were given.
Whitetail
Whitetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermark Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:37 pm

Returning to the earlier question, Tigermark continued.

"As far as hunting for meat, yes, wild game is used to feed the Overlord's minions, but that alone wouldn't be enough. Her Majesty also contracts with several sources across the island to provide a steady supply of herd animals for meat. Before you get too excited, the hunting for wild game is done with trained semi-feral hunters who use...natural methods to bring down their prey. No weapons are used."
Tigermark
Tigermark

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralin Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:04 pm

Jax quirked an eyebrow, "Natural methods? Like biting them to death or hunting like feral pack animals?"
Astralin
Astralin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:07 am

"Which is the best way to do it, really," she said to Jax with a slight smile. "We tend to favor that method back home as well, and use knives and such only for the processing of the prey. You should see my Mom when she goes on skinning and cutting meat out of a prey, she's so fast and precise!"

"So," continued the tigress, now looking at Tigermark, "I guess this means that none of the soldiers are assigned to hunting duty, if you have these trained semi-feral hunters?"
Tamara
Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next